Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc MLP Magic Academy OOC (Closed)

JCKane

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane

That...is...simply...amazing! I know his talent is his passion and love for video games and being able to adapt when it came to games. I wasn't truly sure how to add onto that, or develop his talent. Reading this, I think that's an amazing idea and I'm okay with that. I've been doing another RP on here and there was an idea of predicting movements and finding a pattern in one's move set. I could see what you and the other person said working hand in hand, but I wouldn't want to make him sound overpowered. I like this idea more since it's like taking control of someone in a game, but not truly. Thank you so much and this sounds really cool. I can't wait to see how the RP will turn out and how it will all be implemented. :D 

Glad you like the idea.  and a good way to counter it's OP is for now, not having him realize he has this power.  Eventually when he find out about it, he can slowly start getting better at it.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, JCKane said:

Glad you like the idea.  and a good way to counter it's OP is for now, not having him realize he has this power.  Eventually when he find out about it, he can slowly start getting better at it.

I can definitely agree with that. It takes his gamer tag: Kyubiki Tenchu, to a whole new level. Since the name means "Hidden Strength" that idea to his hidden talent fits so perfectly. 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

reading them now.

@reader8363

Ok, finished reading and I do like them.  Just got a few questions.

Pollu, As of right now, the school's main course is to teach magic to Unicorns, since only they (and alicorns) can typically use magic.  However, to allow people to have non-Unicorn characters, I added 'potion making' to it.  So, are you ok with that? for her?  Also, keep in mind I'll probably be asking more about what this lil can do.  

I can possibly add an extra uh... type of class (may be more a one-on-one/tutor type thing I'm not sure yet) where the teacher will help students work on special skills they have outside of Magic.  This would also include ones for non-Unicorns.  But keep in mind, Unicorns are still seen as the 'superior student'

As for both of them.   Do you want them to be brand new to the school or been there for a bit?  Also, what was their reasoning for wanting to join the school.

okie dokie then.  I'll let you know if I find any issues (as they're fine just I see a slight possibility as it could get a bit out of hand pending on how you take them) so you're good.

You can post in the RP... Right now... well it's not to long.  But have your two already in the stage area of the auditorium with the other new students.  PS: The curtain's down so they can't see the non-new students that's filling up the auditorium seats.

@Dynamo Pad Just to make sure... Shadow Flare asking D-pad his name wasn't a mistake.  She didn't catch him saying it.

Whoops @reader8363 forgot to at you above.  So here you go :P

@Dynamo Pad @reader8363

I hate to do it, but the post I just made is the last one I'll be doing for the night.  As for tomorrow, I'll be busy most if not all of the day working on my school work and since I have to get it completed and turned in by around this time tomorrow night, I won't have time to make posts in the RP.

So, be thinking of the kind of demonstration you'd like to do.

PS: For mostly Unicorns, it's usually done with them showing off how far along they are with their magic.   Non-Unicorns as said, can display a talent they have and would like to work on improving.  (PS a Unicorn can do it too but typically they show off their magical ability)

7 hours ago, JCKane said:

The Magic Academy is located on one of the borders of Equistria (it's apart of Equistria thus on the inside of said border)  The academy features a dormitory in which the students and faculty sleep.  The Faculty's dorms are located in a separate building than that of the students.  I'll update the first post on here with this information.

Ok, I just have 2 questions.  1) will he be a new student or having been there for awhile?  2) just to point out, the Magic Academy, isn't in Ponyville.

Oh ok I can change that. Yes he will be a new student. 

22 hours ago, Midnight madness said:

Oh ok I can change that. Yes he will be a new student. 

Ok, that'll work then.  In your post, have your pony be on stage sitting down with the other new students.  And be thinking of how he'll be 'demonstrating' his current skill level.

As for everyone else @reader8363 @Dynamo Pad  after the long stressful day today... I'll probably only get one post done as I'm about to head to bed.  Tomorrow will be better.

Btw, Dynamo... the assigned seats I mentioned on the stage... they weren't grouped by year.  Forgot to mention their Role but it'll be after the demonstrations. now.

@Dynamo Pad   No one 'moved'.  I was describing the layout of the stage.  There was a single row of chair, about 5 of them, to the right side of the stage.  But the row was facing the left side of the stage instead of forward... as the ponies seated there have a special role.  Which I can go ahead and say it as it's not a huge secret, but they're the 'student' mentors for the most part.  The ponies you'd go to if you had questions or to help show you around and what not.

As for the new students, they're seats were in 2 rows towards the back of the stage... but still in clear view from those in the audience... as the chairs were shift back there for room for whichever pony was 'demonstrating their talent.  So again no one moved.  Your character is still in the first/front row of the chairs that are on the stage.

My apologies if I didn't describe it clearly enough.  (PS: @Midnight madness and @reader8363 Please read this too... just in case.)

And Dynamo... please edit your post.

(edited)

@JCKane

Oh, okay and I'm sorry about that. I remember in the previous post you said the 2 rows towards the back were for the new students. Cosmic was a new student, but he was sitting in the very front row of seats and not the back seats, if that makes sense. Once again sorry for any confusion. I also fixed my post and hopefully the edit is okay. If I need to fix it any more, then please let me know. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

8 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane

Oh, okay and I'm sorry about that. I remember in the previous post you said the 2 rows towards the back were for the new students. Cosmic was a new student, but he was sitting in the very front row of seats and not the back seats, if that makes sense. Once again sorry for any confusion. I also fixed my post and hopefully the edit is okay. If I need to fix it any more, then please let me know. 

Ok and thanks.

I'll try and better describe things though.

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane

Your welcome and no worries. Also, sorry about the late reply. I was out helping my mom with planting flowers she bought recently.

It's fine. I understand people gots schedules and what not.

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane Wait some people dislike it? :blink: Please tell me the typos. I didn't think I messed up and sorry about that. 

Well some people get annoyed.  I've had them do it.  And it's fine on them. Just some people also like to have their posts be error free, so I figured I'd see if anyone would want me to let them know when I spot them.

But...

"l. Basically, when the starts in in alignment, is when it's my time to shine!" "

^ that's the typo I spotted.  I assume you meant "The stars are in alignment"

@JCKane

Oh okay and I actually didn't notice that error. I guess I was getting so into the post that I didn't notice the error. :lol: I do appreciate it and thanks for letting me know. I fixed the type just now. :) 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane

Just wanted to make sure on something. It would be Reader's turn to respond, correct? I didn't want to respond before it was their turn to go. 

Due to the nature of the 'sum skip' you can respond to that.   As in, since time has passed you can post up to where Sunshine announces the next pony.

If what I said makes sense.

@JCKane

Okay and yup, that makes sense. I'll still wait for Reader's response, since I won't have much to say until Pollu goes up and does their demonstration. Thanks for letting me know. :) 

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane

Okay and yup, that makes sense. I'll still wait for Reader's response, since I won't have much to say until Pollu goes up and does their demonstration. Thanks for letting me know. :) 

no problem.