Banner by ~ SFyr

Movies/TV What is your favorite genre in movies?

Sondash Studios

What is your favorite genre in movies?  

18 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite genre in movies?

I guess if I had to pick one, it would be adventure, which can cover a LOT of types on movies. Anything like Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, Indiana Jones, and things like that are movies I absolutely ADORE.

Aside from that; sci-fi/fantasy is another. <3

Love, love, loooooove Action movies, whether they be straight up  sci-fi, superhero, martial arts, action-comedy, count me interested

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Here is how I rank genres.

01. Drama

02. Animated (Japanese. dramatic, and light comedy)

03. suspense (including mysteries)

04. Science fiction. (That's last, but not least. Love a good science fiction story. This also includes super hero movies)

05. (really last, and least)I don't care for most modern comedies. I have to go back to some real old ones to find ones I like.

("Bringing Up Baby" (1938) is one of the funniest movies ever committed to film.)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

2 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

I love disaster movies like 2012, San Andreas, Geostorm, The Day After Tomorrow. I suppose they could be seen as action movies, but me personally I only like them because shit get destroyed. That's why. B) 

YES! DA, COMARAD!

• Brohoof 1

Emotional dramas are the best imo (as long as they are competent enough to actually be taken seriously by the discerning viewer's eye)

I enjoy many animated movies too, like all the films from the Disney renaissance, most Pixar movies, and odds and ends here and there. The Phantom Tollbooth is one of my favorite films of all time, despite having animation which I consider fairly lackluster. The storytelling more than adequately compensates for its shortcomings. Another one of my favorites, Spirited Away, the creme de la creme of Studio Ghibli films and imo the best Japanese movie of all time. Spirited Away combines my love of animation, Japanese culture, and emotional dramas into an absolutely stellar package. Little Nemo is yet another movie that I feel obligated to mention as it had such a huge influence on my tastes in entertainment media as a child. To this day, watching Little Nemo is a phantasmagoric visual treat of the highest calibur.

Badges

Ooooo! Well I picked, Horror, Drama, Action and Animated!

I especially love Supernatural tales, more than the slasher movie genre (though I have a small penchant for those at times when I just want to watch a bunch of dumb teenagers get slaughtered and make fun of it the whole way.)

I'm pretty Dramatic myself so I love boisterous, nail-biting, edge of your seat Drama and Action. I would have chosen Comedy, or (other) in this case on the pole, but I'm very particular about my comedy so I left it alone.

Badges

• 2 months later...
  • Horror/thriller
  • Mystery
  • Action
  • Based on true story
  • Animation.