Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open MLP Magic Academy RP (closed)

JCKane

8 minutes ago, JCKane said:

"Actually," Solar Spout said, "It'd be a better idea if you wait here while I talk to my mom about your schedule.  Trust me, you do not want to be in there."

Dynamo had a confused look on his face, but shrugged his shoulders, nonetheless. "If you say so, then I guess that's okay." He said, but he couldn't help, but feel curious at her statement. "Is there any reason, as to why I shouldn't be in her office? I'm just wondering, so that way I'll make sure to stay out of trouble. If you say it's not best to be in her office, then I'd hope not to end up in there for getting into trouble."

@JCKane
Merx gulped and said as he got ready with his music if it goes wrong, "From my idea, you focus some magic into the ball and you should learn the spell, hopefully without the side effects, let's just say that if there is some side effect, you will be stuck." He placed the ball on the floor and started back up from Shadow and the ball.

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo had a confused look on his face, but shrugged his shoulders, nonetheless. "If you say so, then I guess that's okay." He said, but he couldn't help, but feel curious at her statement. "Is there any reason, as to why I shouldn't be in her office? I'm just wondering, so that way I'll make sure to stay out of trouble. If you say it's not best to be in her office, then I'd hope not to end up in there for getting into trouble."

"Well, she doesn't like ponies to just come in without a reason," Solar Spout said, "But in this case, she won't be too pleased about asking for a schedule.  She expects new students to keep on top of those kinds of things, and she may not buy it getting lost in the mail... pretty sure this is a first for that... not counting ponies lying about it.  Nonetheless, it's best I do it alone.  Trust me, you'll thank me."

25 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@JCKane
Merx gulped and said as he got ready with his music if it goes wrong, "From my idea, you focus some magic into the ball and you should learn the spell, hopefully without the side effects, let's just say that if there is some side effect, you will be stuck." He placed the ball on the floor and started back up from Shadow and the ball.

Shadow Flare nodded at Merx as she looked at the ball... ok, just a little bit of magic energy... you can do this... Shadow Flare concentrated on the task at hand. Of course, she had no horn to speak of, yet strangly enough, her main began to glow a lighter blue as she transferred some magical energy into the ball.

@Dynamo Pad

"The Otaku Knight of Wrath eh?" Heidi repeated, her tone made it seem as though the name had peaked her interest, but honestly she couldn't care less. Not that she was going to admit that out loud. "Well, if your gamin' skills are anything like yer magic, I'd say that gamer tag holds an air of authority, certainly fittin' for somepony who tramples others beneath their hooves if they end up gettin' in tha way~" She made sure to emphasize her last few words, not in a mocking sort of way, merely to quote what he had said prior. Almost as if she admired stallions undeterred ambition.

Upon hearing his question of there being other gamers at school, she couldn't help but let out a soft giggle. "Of course there are otha' gamers on campus here sugar! But if yer askin' if there's a specific class for the subject, then I'm afraid I've never heard of nor taken it befo! This school is most known for it's majors in magic an' potions after all."

The words following Cosmic's bow almost made her gag. Sure they were nice and all, but his dialogue was so over the top, it was obvious he was trying too hard to be superior, it was almost laughable. "Oh stop, yer makin' me blush hun~" The mare cooed, lifting a hoof to her cheek and glancing off to the side in feigned embarrassment. Calming down a bit, she returned her attention back to the stallion as he boasted about improving his skills. "Now with that sorta attitude, I'm sure you'll leave that boy trampled in tha dust!"

Heidi nodded her head softly at the word of thanks. "O' course darlin! As a student helper, it's my job to assist new students with whatevah they need ta get started." Her demeanor remained rather calm as they began making their way out the door, however before the doors fully closed, Heidi shot the remaining student helpers a quick apologetic glance. Sure she had instigated the smelly state of the room, but Cosmic had to go the extra step further and insult the students too. No, she'd come too far to have her perfect student reputation be tainted by some overly egotistical stallion.

"Do you know what yer schedule for tha semester is? I could show you 'round the classrooms first so you have an idea on where ta go today after lunch." The purple mare suggested as they began their trek through the school. "Or would you rather I show you those last? Yer preference."

@JCKane

Dynamo listened intently at the reason of not entering the Head Mare's office. He shuddered slightly at the possibility of getting in trouble. He nodded quickly and gave her a thankful look. "When you put it that way, then I guess I shouldn't be in the office asking for a schedule. Unless I want to incur the wrath of the Head Mare on the first day." He says before continuing. "I should thank you right now. I also feel bad that you have to deal with your mom about this situation. I'm really sorry about that. Again, thank you and I really appreciate it. I owe you one, Solar."

@Alex Van Gamer

Cosmic could only nod in agreement at Heidi's assumption. "You'd be correct. The owner of the arcade, Pinball Wizard, gave me that name. He ran the arcade in Fillydelphia, the place where I grew up. He watches the gamer's who play video games and chooses a name for them. The name reflects the personality of the gamer, or something like that. I guess he saw something that he didn't find pleasant." He shook his head in disagreement. "I honestly don't see that. If any, I see that as a way to be more threatening to any gamer who thinks they are better than me." He scoffed at the mention of gaming classes being unknown. "Well, that's a bummer. I guess I'll find out as I check my schedule. I'm glad to hear there are at least some gamer's here. It'd be boring not to be given a challenge while staying at this academy." 

He could only grin at how she was feeling embarrassed, but almost had a deadpanned expression towards it all. He shook off the expression, before nodding in agreement. "If I'm lucky, then I'll make a good majority of the students leave this school. I'll show them that they are in over their heads and had no chance to be accepted here." He tapped a hoof on the ground, while contemplating on what he should do. After a minute of thinking, he nods at her offer. "I would say show me around the school. This way I'll have an idea on what my classes are. I have my schedule, so the tour can be first and then lunch." He says as they were about to continue the tour, but Cosmic stopped and gave the purple mare a serious expression. "Okay, Heidi. You can drop the act. I know what you're trying to do, so don't even think about lying." He says while making sure no student was in earshot of their conversation. 

@Dynamo Pad

As Cosmic came to the decision of their approach, Heidi simply nodded her head in agreement and would have carried on with the tour had it not been for the stallion suddenly stopping to break the illusion they had both been feigning. Her usually cheerful and friendly smile immediately dropped, dipping into a slight frown for a moment, before returning with a much wider and more devious expression. "Sure thing sugar!" She cooed. "But if your expectin' some sudden drop of an accent, then I'm afraid yer gonna be horribly disappointed~"

--

Meanwhile, Comet was back in the dorm, having already finished feeding his young canine companion Sapphire. The small pup was currently playing with a stuffed animal he had brought for her. Fortunately, it wasn't a squeaky toy, so he couldn't unintentionally upset any of the neighboring rooms with the noise.

Glancing over at the time, he knew he still had plenty of time before lunch began, however he decided it would probably be a good idea to get some exercise in. Warm up his hooves a bit and refresh his memory about the layout of the school. So, after placing Sapphire back in her dog carrier, the earth pony packed up his saddle bag for the afternoon and made his way out of the dormitory and began walking down the hall.

@JCKane
Merx watched as the ball and Shadow's mane glow the same color and the strings of music that was in the ball start to unravel

When Shadow placed some magic into the ball, it started to play a string of quick note with more relaxing magic than the demonstration inside Shadow's head

@Alex Van Gamer
Lil turned the corner and saw a lone stallion and decided to strike up a conversation, plus have a bit of fun with Pollu. She quickly snuck up to the pony and said when she got close, "Hello, what are you up to?"

@Dynamo Pad

Solar nodded, "I'll just be but a moment," She said as she opened the door to the Head Mare's office and stepped inside.   It did take a bit.  About 15-20 minutes before Solar Spout came back out holding a scroll by magic and shutting the door.  She offered this scroll to Dynamo, "Here you are.. .one bonnified new schedule!"

@reader8363
As the new spell continued into Shadow Flare's mind something went wrong...  Her mind was actively exspelling the new knowledge as Shadow Flare eyes tightened... "... Don't lose control... Don't lose control," She muttered aloud when suddenly her tail began to glow as well.  Both her mane and tail began to glow brighter and brighter before suddenly both burst into a blue flame.

"Ahh," Shadow Flare yelped as indeed she was losing control again. "RUN!" Shadow Flare managed to yell to Merx as the knowledge was pushed out of Shadow Flare's head but it didn't stop there as a visible blue string of fire traveled across the magical connection from Shadow Flare to the orb.  Soon, the fire reached the orb and entered it to the source of it... it wasn't long after that before the entire orb was engulfed in flames.. . then exploded into a large blast of blue fire that hit everywhere in the gym.

@JCKane,

Meanwhile, shortly after the ceremony ended, a very troubled blue pony walked through the hallway leading to the gymnasium. His golden yellow bangs obscuring his vision from time to time as the winged stallion remembered his dream.

It was a reoccurring nightmare of his childhood friend Silver Tounge taking his hooves in his own hooves before turning solid gold and falling on top of him. The ground would giveaway and he would find himself falling before waking up with a concerningly high heart rate. There had to be a meaning behind such a specific and persistent experience, but today the dream was too intense to focus on this time. He had to get his mind off of it, and what better way to get out of your head than to work your body?

His naturally heavy-footed stride announced his presence to the entire hall as it normally did, but a loud explosion raised his concern and quickened his pace. It looked like it was coming from the gym. Probably one of the new guys valuing their own self-indulgent mastery of their magic over school property. If he had to guess it would probably be that cosmic fellow. As he galloped, he mused about how the situation would go down. The unicorn would have smashed something trying to intimidate one of the potion majors, the potion major would call for one of the faculty, and the unicorn would walk off with a slap on the wrist. It always ended the same around here: Unicorns rule, everyone else drolls. 

As he ran open the gymnasium door he was surprised to see that it wasn't one of the unicorns, but a pegasus at the epicenter. This was bad. A unicorn could probably get away with this, but a potion major? She could get into some serious trouble. He would have to act fast to save his fellow potion major, but how?

He decided the first step would be to grab her attention, "Hey, you there," he shouted from the doorway.

@JCKane
Merx was sitting, then when he was told to run, it took him a bit too realize. He remembered that the barrier that he placed on the gym. He quickly dropped it and teleported his guitar on the outside. He knew that he'll survive with a few burns, but he is still paying off the guitar and it holds part of his soul.. He turned around to see the fire coming at him. He quickly teleported behind the waves of blue fire and fell on his back while breathing heavily with relief. 

Lethe cursed herself for not keeping track of time, plus going to that nightclub was a horrible idea. She snuck into the school and started to head to the lab, then she heard the explosion. She took off sprinting towards where she heard it.

@reader8363 @Loud Opinion

The explotion hit the gymnasium, with Merx barely escaping the waves with his teleportation.  Good thing too as now the entire gym was chared and in ruin from the destruction.  As for Shadow Flare, her main and tail returned to normal as she blinked a few times.  She didn't seem to have been hit by the explosion herself but suddenly she frowned deeply at the destruction to the gym she caused.  Nothing in it was usable now.

But that's when another pony came into the gym.  A Blue stallion Pegasus as it were.  Shadow Flare wasn't really sure what to reply when he called out to her but he seemed to be walking closer.  

@JCKane

Dynamo nodded as she opened the door and stepped into the Head Mare's office. "Okay and don't rush. I'll see you in a little bit." He called out before she shut the door behind her. He sat patiently, but he soon stood up and was pacing back and forth. He wasn't losing his patience, but he was more concerned for Solar. 'She did say it would only take a few minutes, but that was about twenty minutes ago. I hope she didn't get into any trouble, or something along those lines.' He was brought out of his thoughts from the sound of a door opening. He looked up to see Solar holding a scroll in her magical grasp. He smiled happily while graciously taking the scroll into his own magical grasp. He quickly trotted over and brought the mare into a hug. "Thank you so much, Solar. I don't know what I would do without you." He soon realized that he hugged her out of the blue and quickly pulled back from the hug. He blushed in embarrassment and grinned sheepishly. "I'm really sorry about that. I should have warned you that I was gonna give you a hug. It's just...I thought it would be the friendly thing to do. I mean we're friends...aren't we?"

@Alex Van Gamer

Cosmic watched, as the purple unicorn mare before him, changed in her facial expressions. Her cheery smile gone, was replaced with a frown, before turning into a devious grin. "It seems I'm not the only one who hides behind a mask." He chuckles and shakes his head. "Nah. Judging by where you came from, you would still have the accent. Your voice doesn't fake what you're feeling from within the heart." He shook his head slightly, before continuing. "Now let's just cut to the chase. You know what I want, while I don't have a clear idea on what you are after. We have our methods on how we deal with others, but we don't seem to trust one another. I'm willing to back you up, if you are willing to back me up. I can tell you are probably after something, or rather, you are after somepony. Maybe a life to make miserable, or to just rule at the top of this school." He eyed her a smirk and chuckles. "I mean, come on. You had to have been bored keeping up the charade for so long. You must have been waiting to find that somepony who could challenge you. To find an equal in wits and devious schemes. Somepony that can help you show others that true talent beats hard work." He slowly trotted over to her, before holding his front hoof to her. "How about we team up? You give me what I want to know and in return, I'll tell you all that you wish to know. Nopony will stand in our way, as we rule this school with an iron hoof!" He shouted, before realizing he had to keep quiet. He scowled as he thought his voice echoed down the empty hallways.

"If we work together, then know this..." He whispered softly. As if his voice was laced with poison. "If you betray me, or if you think you can use me for your twisted schemes and purposes. Then you will come to find out that will be the biggest mistake you make. Nopony and I mean that. Nopony ever crosses Cosmic Clown and gets away with it. So let that be your one and only warning. Do we have a deal?" He asks while still holding his front hoof to the purple mare.

@reader8363 @JCKane,

The stallion had to act fast. He speed walked to the pegasus in a hurry and extended his wing around her as he sternly tried to usher her out of the gym, "You're hurt. Come one, let's get you to the nurse". As he approached, he noticed that there was a unicorn in the room. That was some good news; if the pegasus didn't hesitate then he could blame the incident on him. It wasn't a great plan. He has no association with fire, and it would be his word against the others. Not a good matchup for a potion major. The important thing though was to get the filly away from the scene of the crime.

@Loud Opinion @JCKane
Merx looked up and said as he looked himself over, "Wow, that's one effect that I wasn't expecting." He looked up to see another one. He added, "Oh, I didn't think that we were going to get a visitor."

Lethe finally reached the gym and sat down to catch her breath. Even though she's been here a while, she wasn't used to the small hallways, where she wasn't able to fly.

@Loud Opinion @reader8363

Shadow Flare backed slightly away from Gold Dust, "... I.. I'm not injured," She managed to say to the pony but she glanced towards the destruction in the gym.  How could she of let this happen?  If The head Mare found out about this....

Just outside the gym, suddenly, The was a quick flash as the Head Mare herself had just teleported.  Sunshine Daisy walks right into the gymnasium as a stern look was on her face.  She was not happy.  She glanced at the other ponies in the room.

"Who is responsible for this?" She said with a strict tone.  The kind that would send a shiver down your spine if you made her mad.

@Dynamo Pad

Not only was Solar Spout not taken aback by the hug.  She actually smiled and returned it.  Once it was over she noticed the embarrassed expression on Dynamo's face and she couldn't help but giggle, "No no, it's fine," Solar Spout said, "I'm perfectly fine with hugs.  And I'd more than say we're friends."

@Dynamo Pad,

Heidi listened patiently as the neon unicorn began rambling on about their mutual distrust of one another and his assumptions of her goals. Although they weren't that far off, they were merely stepping stones for her own end game. His offer for an alliance certainly caught her attention however. Sure she had the reputation of the perfect popular girl that could supply her with the information and access she needed, but having somepony have her back when it came to the more dirtier stuff definitely could come in handy.

She watched as the stallion held a hoof out to her to make this thing mutual, not seeming to flinch at the added threat. Being who she was however, she wasn't going to leave this deal without a threat of her own. "I read ya loud an' clear sugarcube~" Heidi purred, taking a step forward herself so that their snouts were practically touching one another. Her eyes half open in an almost seductively sinister approach, her own voice hissing with the same venom. "Just know, the threat is mutual darlin'! I've got rugged stallions young an' old at my beck an' call. So if you barely even drop a hair over this metaphorical line of ours, then I'd advise you start callin' fo a doctah honey~ Cuz you won't be able ta play another videogame in yer Otaku life ever again!"

Turning her head away from the stallion slightly, but still keeping eye contact with him, the purple mare took a step back and placed her hoof on top of his. "But otherwise! I do believe we ourselves have a deal!"

@reader8363,

Comet didn't seem to notice Lil sneaking up behind him as when he was suddenly addressed he jolted back a bit in surprise. Turning around, he found himself faced with one of the new first years students, and earth pony mare that had manifested a pair of horns during her demonstration. And from the looks of it, he noticed she still had them at the moment. "O-oh! My apologize, I didn't see you approach." He replied, clearing his throat as he tried to recompose himself. "Ah, I was just taking a small stroll around campus before lunch... And yourself?"

@reader8363 @JCKane,

The blue stallion's mind was racing with the different outcomes and consequences involved in who does what. However, for the disenfranchised stallion, it all came down to what would sting the most for the Head mare. Blaming the unicorn could be rebuffed, letting the pegasus take the blame would be true wich the stallion usually stood by, but this was bigger than him this was for non-unicorns across the school. Even though the victory would be minor, it still affected everyone. He had to be the bigger horse here.

for this conflict to reach a swift end had passed him up, and the stallion feared that any blame he would try to take for the filly would be seen as a lie.

@JCKane

Dynamo smiles softly as he heard Solar giggle. He was relieved in knowing that everything was okay. He was more glad than relieved in knowing that she considered him a friend. "That's good to hear. I can be random at times, so expect a hug from out of nowhere." He chuckled a little and nods. "Thank you. I'm glad that you see me as a friend. To be honest, I never really had a friend growing up in Fillydelphia. There are the occasional gaming buddies in the arcade I went to, but it's not really the same. We keep in touch from time to time, but still. It's just...that neon green unicorn, Cosmic, was the one responsible for everything. He was my original bully and he rallied the other students to follow in his example. I was able to stand up to him and I gained my cutie mark. I thought I'd never see him again, but I guess I was wrong. That's why I was freaking out on stage earlier, if you saw what was going on." He says, before shaking his head and looking at Solar with a grin. "That's in the past because I want to live in the here and now and work towards the future. It's good knowing that I have a friend by my side. I look forward to getting to know you more and it's great to have you as a friend, Solar!" He exclaimed before pulling the unicorn into another hug.

@Alex Van Gamer

Cosmic watched and listened, as Heidi purred and walked up to him. He could feel her breath, as their snouts were practically touching. He couldn't help, but whistle and grin softly. "If I didn't know any better, I think you want to kiss me. What? Do you have a crush on me?" He asks cheekily, with his own eyes half open. He raised an eyebrow, as he heard her end of the deal. "With your family being so high class, I won't call you out on any lie. You have my word that I won't betray that trust. I have my own clan back home. A bunch of video game players that formed a gaming clan. We all aren't friends, but we abide by the same gaming code. We hold trust and if we break said trust, then we regret it." He nods as he remembered his clan from back home. He knew he should go back and check up on them. Hopefully graduating early wouldn't be that difficult. He knew he was great, so he should be fine. He hummed in amusement, before nodding. "You've got yourself a deal. I still want to play video games to be the best. Just remind me never to get on your bad side. Here I thought that Head Mare was scary." He says as the two shook hooves and the deal was set. 

Cosmic grinned deviously now that he had a partner in crime. 'We'll just see how this partnership will last, but I don't think it'll be all that bad.' He thought as he decided to break the ice. "So, what are your intentions of being at this school. You said you need to keep up your pride and reputation, so I can respect that. For me, it's the same as wanting to rule with authority and power. If you can be honest with me, then tell me. What are you really after?"

@JCKane @Loud Opinion
When the head mare teleported into the doorway, Lethe gave a quick scream and started to slink away, hoping that she doesn't notice anything wrong.

Merx teleported his guitar onto his back and said as he walked up to the head mare and bowed his head., "I'm sorry miss, I was trying to find a way to draw out some magic for relaxation without side effects and I misjudged it. I'll help fix the gym and pay for the damages."

@Alex Van Gamer
Lil smiled sweetly, which made her a bit creepier, and said, "I'm just allowing Pollu to sleep in a bit since she was being interrogated all night about why we were outside the borders." She stretched out her hoof and said, "I'm Lil, by the way, Lil the demon half."

@Dynamo Pad

"Aww," Solar Spout said accepting the hug once they parted she smiled at him, "And don't you worry about that Cosmic Pony.  If he ever gives you any trouble just let me know.  I'll have your back."  She smiled at him before taking a step away from him, "Now, you wanted to find your dorm next right?"

Shadow Flare couldn't believe it.  Merx was... trying to take the blame for her mistake?  That... was that something... friends did?  Were they friends?  Shadow Flare was so confused.

Sunshine Daisy looked around the place.  There was a lot of damage and scorch marks, it'd take awhile to get it fixed back up.  Then she turned her piercing gaze back to Merx, almost as if she was looking directly into his soul. When she spoke, you could tell she wasn't completely buying his story, "And this process, created fire damage?"

Shadow Flare lowered her head... she didn't know what the Head Mare would do if Merx was caught in a lie... Maybe... she should just come clean but couldn't bring herself to say anything.

@reader8363 @JCKane,

"Forgive them Head mare," The blue stallion finally piped up, "it is true that the unicorn did set off the explosion, but he was just a catalyst. You see, I had some..." The stallion paused, trying to think of a way to make it sound believable without being incriminating, but time was of the essence, and the perfect response was elusive, "Volatile ingredients in my position. The song must have been loud enough to agitate the substances through the cloth, and well, the rest is history."

The stallion finished his speech with a pounding heart rate, and a stoic --if not brave-- face as he looked the Head mare in the eyes.

@Loud Opinion @JCKane
Merx flicked his ear in disbelief that someone else was coming up with an excuse. He nodded and said, "From what I could speculate and my point of view. The music was creating heat from being jammed into a small area and without an escape, it exploded with the flames being caused by the extra magic that was stored in there." He decided to encase the four of them in a barrier to demonstrate the magic, this time without a dampener. Hopefully, it doesn't make them pass out, but relaxed enough to help with clear thinking. He started to strum with magic and the music started to blend into the background

Sunshine looks between the two of them before she glanced over at Shadow Flare, who was still quiet for she was a bit bewildered how these two ponies were sticking up for her.  But She didn't say anything... she wasn't even sure she could trust herself to speak.

"So," Sunshine said as she looked back to Merx, "You're story, is that you created a sound wave that disturbed some ingredients that he, was carrying," She indicated towards Gold Dust with a slight raise of her front leg's knee in his direction, "Which caused the explosion?"

@Dynamo Pad,

Heidi let out a small huff of amusement when Cosmic made the mock claim that she wanted to kiss him. "Only in your wildest dreams sugar~" She hummed.

Listening to his response to her threat and coming to their mutual understanding, the unicorn mare nodded her head, chuckling softly at the mention of the Head Mare being scary. "Trust me darlin, I may have the brute force behind me, but that woman still ain't somepony you'd want to mess around with either!"

After the pair of unicorns had finished making their pact, Cosmic apparently wanted to move onto the meat of the situation. And although she did appreciate his respect for her reputation at the school, she didn't originally plan on telling him her own story. However, Heidi knew as per the agreement that the topic was unavoidable now. So she decided to give the stallion the briefest summary she could. "Well fine, if we're gonna be completely honest with each other now... My father's been setting up for retirement and has plans for makin' my older brother head of tha family business. And that pegasus dimwit don' know nothin' bout how to run the damn place." She slammed a hoof on the ground, her voice seething with anger at the mere thought. "He doesn't even want the position!" She huffed before taking in a deep breath to try and calm herself. "I'm here at this stupid academy to bolster my knowledge in magic and knock my siblin' down a peg. Provin' to my father who rightfully deserves the keys to tha company."

@reader8363,

"Oh... um... Interesting." His brows furrowed a bit in confusion, however, he did manage to return the kind smile slightly as the stallion accepted the other pony's hoof in his. "A pleasure to meet you Lil. My name is Comet... Comet Dancer."

This mare appeared slightly scary, and the things she said sounded a bit strange, but as somepony who had a diamond dog as a friend, he knew better than to judge anyone upon a first encounter. The small reminder made for a good anchor as his smile grew more calm and sincere as he decided to engage in further conversation. "This is your first year here right? I believe I remember seeing your performance on stage during the assembly."