Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

LGBT Chatroom

Altastrofae

Time to revive this lovely thread

Anybody read any of these. The one at the bottom is just a journal. But I picked these books up today. The nearby 2nd and Charles had a very very small lgbt section set up where I found these.

5B2BA771-29A1-4917-891F-8058B1E6AA90.thumb.jpeg.eb811900f17bc68ac5b483dc3932081b.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-08-08 at 1:10 PM, Clawdeen said:

Time to revive this lovely thread

Anybody read any of these. The one at the bottom is just a journal. But I picked these books up today. The nearby 2nd and Charles had a very very small lgbt section set up where I found these.

5B2BA771-29A1-4917-891F-8058B1E6AA90.thumb.jpeg.eb811900f17bc68ac5b483dc3932081b.jpeg

Haven't read but I've heard good things about "I kissed Shara Wheeler"

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I finished Homestuck a little over a week ago and it's given me a lot, and I mean A LOT to think about. I won't get in to all of it, but the queer stuff specifically is interesting to me in like, how gender and sexuality is written in to homestuck in a way that simultaneously extremely thoughtful and well put together and yet totally intuitive. It's further expanded upon in post-homestuck content like the epilogues and HS^2, and it's all very intelligently written and interesting to contemplate. Basically I kinda adore how every character has a unique perspective on gender and sexuality that varies based on how divorced their upbringing was from human society on Earth and how their own species reproduces, I really don't think I've seen the fact of gender and sexuality being social constructs demonstrated so casually and succinctly in other narratives and I have nothing but high praise for how it's handled within homestuck.

I could write a whole essay going in to specifics but it'd be loaded with spoilers and keep me up for hours, but if any of you guys have the time and interest to invest in an 800,000 word titan of a webcomic, I couldn't recommend homestuck enough. And if you already have, hey, I'm down to chat in this thread about it.

Edited by honk friend
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since I came out as pan to a couple of my friends, I've felt a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. After years of being unsure what I was, finally being certain was finally figured out recently.

@honk friendI'm glad to see you enjoyed Homestuck. How did you enjoy the work? What characters' gender and sexuality did you find the most interesting and relatable to?

• 7 months later...

HAPPY PRIDE 2023!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone who is living loud and proud are enjoying themselves! 

And hope those who are currently in the closet either for their own safety or comfort are able to one day be in the space where they can be loud and proud! 

prideBon.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get to go to their local Pride this year?

I did. I was hesitant with the heightened situation we are in, and living in a red state. But I had a friend who hadn't been and wanted to go. I also thought this is very likely my last chance to go to a Pride here in my home state as I am moving, and it's one of those rare opportunities to not feel so outcasted around here, so I went. Another friend ended up being there, as well, and I was able to spend some valuable time with both of those two friends, who I am dearly going to miss when I move.

I got new Pride flags (a Progress one, and a Bi one -to add to the Lesbian one I already have - I know that's conflicting, and it looked just as conflicting at Pride as I wore the Lesbian one as a cape and had a bi fan LOL.) and a neat tank (or actually more of a halter?) which is bi colors but very subtly so and I'm totally going to wear it to work this week. =P (I...work in an environment where I can't be open).

• Brohoof 2