Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

LGBT Chatroom

Altastrofae

11 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

So, I has a question too

Let's hear y'all's coming-out stories!

I don't really have much of a story. I had to tell my grandma when I had my first (well, second if you count a relationship that lasted a week) boyfriend after his Valentine's Day gift came in through the mail and I had to tell my dad when my current (and second that really counts for anything) boyfriend asked about making plans to meet for the first time. Other than that, I have nothing to tell. It's not much of a story to be honest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Brohoof 1

Dropping this here because it’s beautiful and everyone should see it.

I’m bi, my parents don’t know, but they wouldn’t care. It’s more of a it just never came up because I never brought home a girl I was serious with, rather than I never told them. I haven’t lived with my parents for a long time, so it just wasn’t a conversation I felt I needed to have. My husband knows though, as do most of my close friends.

7 hours ago, Troblems said:

Dropping this here because it’s beautiful and everyone should see it.

I’m bi, my parents don’t know, but they wouldn’t care. It’s more of a it just never came up because I never brought home a girl I was serious with, rather than I never told them. I haven’t lived with my parents for a long time, so it just wasn’t a conversation I felt I needed to have. My husband knows though, as do most of my close friends.

You learn something new every day.

Well I was so scared to come out I sent a fucking text to my mum,

A couple weeks later we had a full conversation

I was snooping on my sisters phone and noticed that she was a lesbian, and then I said to her abo itm and said I'm bi 

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Bas said:

-snip-

It’s more like I haven’t had extensive enough relationships with women that I felt the need to bring ladies home to mom and dad because I haven’t lived with parents for about half my life; therefore it’s not something that I’ve felt the need to bring up. It’s not so much I haven’t had those relationships, I have, it’s been more about they haven’t been extensive enough to cross over into family life. Same with several guys I’ve dated that my parents never heard about, the relationship didn’t last long enough to warrant meeting parents, or even talking to parents about.

I’m probably also older than a lot of people here, so while I love my parents I’m not as close with them as many other people are, just by virtue of living 1800 mi (2900 km) away from them.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Me? A few weeks ago I thought I was straight, mixed with a term caught up here, homoromancy, but now I am not so sure anymore; while I cannot really imagine me doing an...anal act sometimes soon (I got not too much clue how gay people in general have sex otherwise, for that matter), I think I have begun to accept other sides of me. Also, I might be more pansexual than bixsexual, as it basically seems to come down to...I don't care about the gender? :mlp_confused:

Not having been in any relationship so far didn't help.

Also, I imagine it to be hard to find same-sex relationship partners IRL unless you visit specific communities focused on that.

Does it put you into any weird situations? Especially if you never really lived out that lesbian side?

abo? itm?

And please stop sniffing at your sister's phone, not a nice act.

There's lots of ways to do... That stuff... But you probably shouldn't worry about it for now, figure your stuff out first, but don't rush it

1 hour ago, Bas said:

I imagine it to be hard to find same-sex relationship partners IRL unless you visit specific communities focused on that.

It may be a bit of an exclusive club, but from my experience, it's not really all that hard per se. Especially if you know how to reel others of the same sex in ;)

27 minutes ago, ~Angel Dust~ said:

It may be a bit of an exclusive club, but from my experience, it's not really all that hard per se. Especially if you know how to reel others of the same sex in ;)

I don't reel people in, I just take advantage of top of the line gaydar. If they seem like they want it, and I'm interested in them in a romantic way, then I home in on that gaydar reading, set the coordinates, and hope he isn't already taken :catface:

Actually that doesn't always work :dry: I once asked my friend out because I kinda had a crush on him and so thought he was interested and giving hints, but nope, he's straight :sunny:

9 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

I don't reel people in, I just take advantage of top of the line gaydar. If they seem like they want it, and I'm interested in them in a romantic way, then I home in on that gaydar reading, set the coordinates, and hope he isn't already taken :catface:

Actually that doesn't always work :dry: I once asked my friend out because I kinda had a crush on him and so thought he was interested and giving hints, but nope, he's straight :sunny:

I have a very, VERY different method. :bedeyes: I reel them in with my supposed cuteness and then use my charms to make me irresistible to them. I just wait for a guy to start showing signs they like me and then I go in. Though I haven't done this for very long, it's had a rather high success rate. Though if it weren't for a few things, it may be higher... :sealed: This ability of mine also grants me gaydar in the sense that most of the time, if a guy is indeed gay he won't resist but to give me some sort of sign that he's at least slightly into me. :P

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Bas said:

IIRC not much older than me.

Where are you living and where are they? :ooh:

Have you grown up at your grandparents?

Why does it matter? Your line of questions is just making me feel unwelcome in this thread.

5 minutes ago, Bas said:

Also, half of this thread could be summarized as @Olly x Dusty.

Yeah, though I was only trying to revive the thread and at that point he and I were the only ones talking and it happened to be about feminine male stuff. :P

As a christian i cannot comprehend the urge, with some people sharing the same faith, to judge people by their sexuality. By "banging the Bible into their head" and shouting about eternal punishment for that issue. Seriously, those people, so called christians, are foolish and hypocrits, who "see the a speck in brother's eye but won't see the PLANK in their on eye".

Why some people won't just let other's to love each other - in this wrecked world, love is aleady rare and precious matter that should be protected.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there any other trans guys on this forum?  Kinda feel like the only one sometimes even though I'm probably not.

Did anyone have a hard time with deciding what their sexuality was?  I've never really been close enough with anyone to start feeling attracted to them so I never really figured out which gender I might've been attracted to, if I had any preference to begin with.  I sorta feel like I might be demi but beyond that I'm not really sure.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, Altastrofae said:

Let's hear y'all's coming-out stories!

I can only speak for coming out as trans but here goes.

Got into a bit of an argument over trans kids killing themselves over their parents not being accepting of them with my mom on facebook.  So I told her that I was trans, she denied it and said she knew me better than anyone so I couldn't be trans.  I was like, "look, I'd rather be ugly and happy than pretty and miserable"(since she always told me that trans men were ugly for deciding to ruin themselves with hormones, keep in mind that she's a DOCTOR) and she told me to never speak to her again.  That was back in 2015, I sometimes try reaching out to her but she still refuses to talk to me, my psychiatrist even tried talking to her as one doctor to another but I guess she ignored him.  A year earlier than that, this one time she came home crying.  Apparently she was treating a trans man patient who came in to the walk-in clinic she was working at at the time.  She just kept telling me that she didn't want me to be as ugly as "her" and ruin my good looks, she just kept going into this vein of talking for a while, that's when I decided that if I wanted to transition, I'd have to move out.

I haven't heard from anyone else from my mom's side of the family since then, my aunt's refuse to talk to me, I might talk to a cousin that I run into at some point but they all act like they never knew.  So I have to assume that my mom told them lies on why I never go to family events anymore.  It really sucks, it's like she just wanted to completely cut me out of her life, she even gave me back paintings I made for her years ago for her birthday.  I really wanted to go through this experience with her but since she doesn't want to be in my life anymore, guess I gotta go through it alone.

18 minutes ago, Thuja said:

I can only speak for coming out as trans but here goes.

Got into a bit of an argument over trans kids killing themselves over their parents not being accepting of them with my mom on facebook.  So I told her that I was trans, she denied it and said she knew me better than anyone so I couldn't be trans.  I was like, "look, I'd rather be ugly and happy than pretty and miserable"(since she always told me that trans men were ugly for deciding to ruin themselves with hormones, keep in mind that she's a DOCTOR) and she told me to never speak to her again.  That was back in 2015, I sometimes try reaching out to her but she still refuses to talk to me, my psychiatrist even tried talking to her as one doctor to another but I guess she ignored him.  A year earlier than that, this one time she came home crying.  Apparently she was treating a trans man patient who came in to the walk-in clinic she was working at at the time.  She just kept telling me that she didn't want me to be as ugly as "her" and ruin my good looks, she just kept going into this vein of talking for a while, that's when I decided that if I wanted to transition, I'd have to move out.

I haven't heard from anyone else from my mom's side of the family since then, my aunt's refuse to talk to me, I might talk to a cousin that I run into at some point but they all act like they never knew.  So I have to assume that my mom told them lies on why I never go to family events anymore.  It really sucks, it's like she just wanted to completely cut me out of her life, she even gave me back paintings I made for her years ago for her birthday.  I really wanted to go through this experience with her but since she doesn't want to be in my life anymore, guess I gotta go through it alone.

Are you going to be okay?

On 6/30/2019 at 7:25 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Family members always seem to know these things before you do, apparently. :blink:

My parents just want to make sure I don't rush into a relationship. They accepted me as gay since December 2014

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Bas said:

What happens if you try to contact them yourself?

Also...even if you might get rejected IRL, keep  in mind you have another family right on here. :kindness:

Oh wait, were you talking to me?  I'm sorry, I wasn't sure who you were talking to.

I've tried contacting family around where I live but no one really wants to talk to me or I no longer have any way to contact them.  I have no idea what my mom's been telling people when they ask where I am when I'm no longer going to any family events and I've never really asked anyone what she's been saying about me.  I kinda don't want to talk to my aunt(mom's older sister) since she has ideologies that're too different from mine and I think she's lost the ability to respect other people.  My male parent's side of the family has been more accepting of me though but they're in the states.  I think it would be nice to have supports offline, you know, someone who can help me at home or something?