Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

LGBT Chatroom

Altastrofae

On 6/30/2019 at 8:13 PM, Altastrofae said:

So, I has a question too

Let's hear y'all's coming-out stories!

Ive never admitted to my dad that im bi however my my moms side of the family knows sooooo YEAH! lol

On 10/8/2019 at 12:56 PM, The Historian said:

I told my parents and that was easier for them to digest than me being transgender. If they have any empathy for you as a person, they'll be supportive. If they're not... well... they're bad people.

I think the big thing at least for MOST parents are that they have some sort of pride invested in the gender you was born, think terms like "Thats my boy!" or "atta girl" etc so when their son or daughter is born one way and later they want to become something else their is a part of them that sort of breaks, after all they invested pride in your gender and to just find out different especially at random can indeed be more than a little bit overwhelming and if they take it hard enough can even go through grief to an extent such as anger, sadness and the like. Thats depending on how the persons parents are of course...

• Brohoof 1

Yesterday I was passing by a piñata store and saw a little girl that was asking his dad a sugar skull piñata for her birthday. She was so cute hugging it and begging for them to but it but the dad downright tell her no and obligated her to choose a rainbow shaped one instead. It made me a bit sad. 

That's all. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Edited by Ittoni

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2019 at 7:10 PM, Bas said:

lumbersexual

Men trying to be sexually attractive by making up to look and act like lumberjacks.

Does this even work? Asking for a friend.

As a sub, yes yes this is very attractive!

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Hoping I’ll eventually meet someone at college. There’s not much around the area I live as is. So it’s even harder trying to meet women as a woman. The closest lgbt+ groups and such are at least two to three hours away from here.

I’ve been trying to figure things out. My leader swears within a few months things will be less hectic at work and we’ll have more trained help. Moving around shifts and overtime. A lot of work drama.  Catering to work so much has made me rather unhappy, I swear at some points I was there so much you’d think it was my home. So there’s hope things will be less crazy busy and I’ll have more free time. Even if she’s wrong and it’s longer till people are trained. She and I have been talking and things aren’t staying like this. They can’t. As long as I plan things out right I should get assignments for college done on time....So I should be in a good place to attempt dating again.

Its left me wondering. It’s been so long since I’ve dated. Am I even capable of dating and not being a serious work horse. Am I capable of letting people in? The fact that I might actually have the time to date and truly build a social life is quite scary. Working so much is all I’ve really known. 

2 minutes ago, Operetta said:

Hoping I’ll eventually meet someone at college. There’s not much around the area I live as is. So it’s even harder trying to meet women as a woman. The closest lgbt+ groups and such are at least two to three hours away from here.

Yeah... :worry: I don't think I'd have ever met a man (being male) if I didn't have the internet, to be honest. It's really hard to find a real selection to choose from in smaller towns and even in some cities... But where I lived? It would have been literally impossible. Only gay or even bisexual men I knew around are either not in my age range, too feminine for me (since I generally prefer being the more feminine in a relationship, and I'm not particularly girly by any means), or were just incompatible in all kinds of other ways... And I didn't go to college, because college is too f***ing expensive, and I don't like the idea of being totally overburdened by student loans.

If only it were more accessible to find same sex partners in most places.

4 minutes ago, Bas said:

I couldn't find a place for my 16k hometown either.

I lived in a 2k population city in the Southern US. I mean I don't say I live there because I've been at my boyfriend's for three months now, but yeah it would have been VERY difficult to say the least without any way to find a guy online.

9 hours ago, Dustleeshus said:

Yeah... :worry: I don't think I'd have ever met a man (being male) if I didn't have the internet, to be honest. It's really hard to find a real selection to choose from in smaller towns and even in some cities... But where I lived? It would have been literally impossible. Only gay or even bisexual men I knew around are either not in my age range, too feminine for me (since I generally prefer being the more feminine in a relationship, and I'm not particularly girly by any means), or were just incompatible in all kinds of other ways... And I didn't go to college, because college is too f***ing expensive, and I don't like the idea of being totally overburdened by student loans.

If only it were more accessible to find same sex partners in most places.

I didn’t have much luck with online dating.  I ran out of options fairly quick. It’s either I’m using the unpopular apps, people around here just don’t use them or there’s not really anyone around here. 

I 100% agree on college being expensive. I can’t. Each time I go to sign up I swear they get more and more expensive. I feel like college is my only hope at this point really. There’s not much around here in general. To be fair I could meet someone anywhere. Buying groceries or out getting coffee. I feel like college is the...most likely to happen. Better odds.

Thats why I have a couple pins on my jacket. In the case that I happen to meet someone there’s no guessing on their part. It’s right there on my jacket.

Although it might not be needed since before I even came out people assumed I wasn’t straight/completely straight lol. 

2 hours ago, Bas said:

Ahhh, that's what there are for! I thought it would be mostly just to show support, but I didn't think too much about wearing them when going to place in order to show what you are interested in.

No idea which city you are living in, but well, you can only meet people if you leave the house.

That is very true I can’t meet people while staying at home. 

Yeah people do wear them to show support. I just started wearing them to help show what I am. Whether it’s helping someone who might be interested in me or even help someone who’s looking for friends in the community. 

13 hours ago, Operetta said:

That is very true I can’t meet people while staying at home. 

Yeah people do wear them to show support. I just started wearing them to help show what I am. Whether it’s helping someone who might be interested in me or even help someone who’s looking for friends in the community. 

Speaking of this whole conversation, I need to get me some gay and non-binary pins. :P (Although Texas isn't the kindest place to non-cis folks :dry:).

Edited by Dustleeshus

On 12/28/2019 at 11:01 AM, Dustleeshus said:

Speaking of this whole conversation, I need to get me some gay and non-binary pins. :P (Although Texas isn't the kindest place to non-cis folks :dry:).

Oh dear I can only imagine how things are in Texas. I have some family members that are from the south and they aren’t very accepting. My dads side of the family has a family reunion once a year and they would all come up. I had to stop going due to how bad things would get with them. 

Yes I need to buy new pins as well! The backs have fallen off quite a few of mine sadly. I like to buy mine from small businesses/creators.

The most recent ones I got are these ones

*photo removed*

Edited by Operetta

18 minutes ago, Operetta said:

Oh dear I can only imagine how things are in Texas. I have some family members that are from the south and they aren’t very accepting. My dads side of the family has a family reunion once a year and they would all come up. I had to stop going due to how bad things would get with them. 

Yes I need to buy new pins as well! The backs have fallen off quite a few of mine sadly. I like to buy mine from small businesses/creators.

The most recent ones I got are these ones

E12C7DCA-DD09-4AFC-B8C1-4D680FF12C0F.thumb.jpeg.fcbe2cd4df39bd20e00ba251fd508ef6.jpeg

Luckily people seem to be more accepting than would be thought, but I still hear transphobic $#!+ on a pretty much regular basis. I'm pretty much out as gay at this point, but I'm really not sure if coming out as non-binary is necessarily a great idea. :dry: The bathroom laws in this state are f***ing crazy anyways. This is part of the reason I really want to move back to Washington State. Place is much more friendly to non-cis people and plenty less two-faced. That and nostalgia. :sealed:

Those are f***ing adorable! :D Had to laugh at the Corgi flashing their butt though. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Dustleeshus said:

Luckily people seem to be more accepting than would be thought, but I still hear transphobic $#!+ on a pretty much regular basis. I'm pretty much out as gay at this point, but I'm really not sure if coming out as non-binary is necessarily a great idea. :dry: The bathroom laws in this state are f***ing crazy anyways. This is part of the reason I really want to move back to Washington State. Place is much more friendly to non-cis people and plenty less two-faced. That and nostalgia. :sealed:

Those are f***ing adorable! :D Had to laugh at the Corgi flashing their butt though. :ButtercupLaugh:

Right! That’s why I had to get the corgi lol. It was too adorable and funny not to buy 

Are you planning on moving back to Washington state? I had a friend who moved there a few years ago and she loves it there. She said it’s way better there than here. (Im from Maryland)

5 minutes ago, Operetta said:

Right! That’s why I had to get the corgi lol. It was too adorable and funny not to buy 

Are you planning on moving back to Washington state? I had a friend who moved there a few years ago and she loves it there. She said it’s way better there than here. (Im from Maryland)

True. :laugh:

I really want to when I get the chance. I mean of course I can't now because  I have no money or transportation, but I want to save up for that so that maybe my now boyfriend and I can live there, maybe in our thirties or something. If I'm being honest, it's the best state in this f***ed country. Also cooler weather is a bonus since he hates the heat down here (I don't particularly like it either too).

Edited by Dustleeshus

48 minutes ago, Dustleeshus said:

True. :laugh:

I really want to when I get the chance. I mean of course I can't now because  I have no money or transportation, but I want to save up for that so that maybe my now boyfriend and I can live there, maybe in our thirties or something. If I'm being honest, it's the best state in this f***ed country. Also cooler weather is a bonus since he hates the heat down here (I don't particularly like it either too).

I hope you’re able to move eventually! I’d like to move to a better area at some point. I don’t see that happening till I find someone because money. 

There’s a comic book store about an hour away I go to sometimes. They’ve slowly been adding more lgbt+ comics. They never used to carry any so I’m happy some progress is being made. Ive always had to buy them online so it’d be great to be able to buy them in the store.

Im gonna want the second volume of Check, Please! the day it comes out lol.

Good luck finding someone at college! I also feel the same, as I don't really have any other way of meeting people. Unfortunately, I'm old now. When I returned to college a few years ago I was 27. I hoped that maybe there would be at least a few around my age, but that didn't really turn out to be the case.

The ship has sailed for me, I suppose.

34 minutes ago, Envy said:

Good luck finding someone at college! I also feel the same, as I don't really have any other way of meeting people. Unfortunately, I'm old now. When I returned to college a few years ago I was 27. I hoped that maybe there would be at least a few around my age, but that didn't really turn out to be the case.

The ship has sailed for me, I suppose.

Yeah so far I’ve found that I’m the oldest one in my classes and I’m 25. Hoping to find someone around my age. Most seem to be right out of high school however. 

Hopefully we’ll both find someone soon!

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Maybe you should wear some of these stickers, too?

I'd rather stay alive. (I live in Oklahoma!)

1 hour ago, Operetta said:

Yeah so far I’ve found that I’m the oldest one in my classes and I’m 25. Hoping to find someone around my age. Most seem to be right out of high school however. 

Hopefully we’ll both find someone soon!

Yeah... I ended up being away from college for a few years, and let me tell you I was in for quite a shock when I came back and the freshmen were just straight-up children to me. When I was in college before I was only 24 and I remember a freshman at the time crushed on me and it already felt like a big gap back then (it was... 6 years!) but that gap still didn't feel anything like when I returned to college at 27.

13 hours ago, Envy said:

I'd rather stay alive. (I live in Oklahoma!)

Yeah... I ended up being away from college for a few years, and let me tell you I was in for quite a shock when I came back and the freshmen were just straight-up children to me. When I was in college before I was only 24 and I remember a freshman at the time crushed on me and it already felt like a big gap back then (it was... 6 years!) but that gap still didn't feel anything like when I returned to college at 27.

Yeah it shocked me as well. I had always thought college kids were at least early 20s. I couldn’t afford to go until I got a decent job so I kinda expected a more older crowd. I had 2 high schoolers in my last class. They were still in high school yet they were allowed to take classes at the college. 

Apart of me does wonder if it depends on the classes. I’ve noticed the schools nursing program seems to have older students. 

I don't feel comfortable meeting new people because I am too weary of bad experiences in the past. Not to mention adding social anxiety with social awkwardness and low self-esteem and you've got a bad combination.

4 hours ago, Bas said:

Considering the topic you posted in, I am assuming we talk about LGBTQ in some form.

Honestly, if there is any charity/organization or center near you, I advise you to give it a try. Just like ponies, such communities are about the most caring and loving people I have ever met.

You assumed correctly. I would give it a try, but I'm extremely introverted, both off and on the internet that I need to give it some time. There are a lot of good communities, but I just feel like I'm not ready for one just yet until I can get some therapy first.

• 1 month later...