Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

LGBT Chatroom

Altastrofae

Last time I chatted here I said I was aromantic and you know maybe I'm not? Like I started to explore myself more and I do want to date because I want to be emotionally bonded with someone or more than one person (poly if anything). Of course you don't need to be romantically involved in order to do that but I desire the romance portion/aesthetic of it now/again. There's alot of nuance with it that I won't go into but yea. 

Of course, maybe if I ever end up getting in a romantic relationship and it doesn't feel right then I'll just be like "guess I was aromantic." And that's fine. Not being around people is really making all this stuff fuzzy. 

Attempts on tinder and other websites didn't go anywhere so maybe I'll have more luck now considering that I moved? Kind of doubt it but not against trying. Still much more occupied with other things going on right now so maybe in a month or 2. 

• Brohoof 5

• 1 month later...

Figuring out my sexuality has been confusing but I think I have figured out what it is. I realized awhile back that I had an attraction to females but I always just preferred having a boyfriend when it came down to a relationship itself. After doing some research into how I feel, I came to the conclusion that I am straight & bi-curious. The simplest definition, I found, was on lgbt.wikia.org. There, it states: “Someone who is bi-curious does not identify as bisexual, but has an interest in both men and women to one degree or another. Someone who is bi-curious may identify as heterosexual or homosexual. In most cases, as a heterosexual person.”

• Brohoof 4

I'm still a homoromantic pansexual who identifies as non-binary and isn't picky about pronouns (he/him or they/them don't care an awful lot, though they/them is more accurate).

Still have moments I wish I wasn't in a closed relationship because I don't exclusively go that way and some girls/in-betweens are attractive, but that should stay here and not leave.

• Brohoof 4

• 3 weeks later...

I've also been questioning my sexuality a lot lately because it's confusing as hell. It's too difficult to tell if I'm grey-ace or not, or if I'm truly panromantic. It feels like it changes so much and I don't really understand it.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

I like keeping things simple, pansexual genderfluid androgynous person in other words I have ascended to another realm. That said I don't believe in these self labelling things, I like people I like and I like being who I like being uwu that's it.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sexuality but kinda fits here so yea

Seeing all those 100 gender things confused me back then and the gender is personality thing doesn't make a lot of sense. Like the way I express myself do I really need a gender label for it xP If I feel both feminine and masculine or feel different like so what? 

Like trying to escape gender roles and that, just recreate them as even more boxes surely. I want people to value me for who I am not some socially constructed thing and to again divide myself against others even more. 

Just because you reject certain gender roles or stereotypes shouldn't change who you are. In fact it's kinda sad things like being a woman are associated with make up and harmful footwear and such. There are also equivalents for men but more subtle.

I just wanna escape all these harmful social dynamics and live as freely as possible while maintaining some sense of harmony with others. Creating something like that doesn't help me or anyone, but neither do I want people to force stereotypes on me. And we are all still individuals.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Well it's pride month now (Late happy pride month I guess) and this thread hasn't been posted in, in 6 days so I guess I'll reiterate my whole situation.

I'm a pan enby (non-binary, literally NB if it were made a word) only romantically interested in men (term for it is androromantic, forgot to edit this post after I re-remembered the term for it). I think that's been the same for a while, but like reiterating it :catface:

Edited by Somebody that Exists
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah I’d been trying to think of things to bring up to help get the thread more active, especially with it being pride month. Unfortunately I don’t have much new to share since my whole date life has still been a train wreck that’s not getting anywhere lol. 

Finally found a decent size Pansexual flag to hang up on my wall. I don’t exactly have the wall space for something huge lol. 

After I get paid this coming week I plan to try and buy some Pride stuff off of Etsy so I’ll have that to share once I do that.

(edited)

Relevant mini-rant: I know I mentioned this in another thread, but I was legitimately called a heterophobe in a LGBT+ oriented Discord for saying the problem of heterophobia isn't somehow even nearly as prevalent as homo/trans/enby phobia. And the mods protected the guy that seems to think the LGBT+ community is full of anti-straight bigots... Like what? I literally don't see any precedent to say it's going to become prevalent. Which every single argument I've seen for is literally a false equivalence.

Like seriously why is an LGBT+ discord of all places protecting a poorly veiled LGBT-phobic person? I don't understand this.

Edited by Somebody that Exists
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-06-18 at 5:21 PM, Somebody that Exists said:

Relevant mini-rant: I know I mentioned this in another thread, but I was legitimately called a heterophobe in a LGBT+ oriented Discord for saying the problem of heterophobia isn't somehow even nearly as prevalent as homo/trans/enby phobia. And the mods protected the guy that seems to think the LGBT+ community is full of anti-straight bigots... Like what? I literally don't see any precedent to say it's going to become prevalent. Which every single argument I've seen for is literally a false equivalence.

Like seriously why is an LGBT+ discord of all places protecting a poorly veiled LGBT-phobic person? I don't understand this.

I....have no words and tbh sadly I’m not surprised. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I settled that I'm ambiamorous (I feel a little more comfortable in a couple, I also do like being in a poly relationship),

I'm also demi-romantic (last year I thought I was completely aromantic, but i eventually was able to figure out that I just only get romantic feeling with people I've already gained an intimate relationship, and stuff like that)

still Bi-sexual, and still trans (male to female)

• Brohoof 2

Oh my god people are still using this? After all these years? Goodness
I started this when I was a humble bisexual man
Now I'm a bisexual trans girl

And in the years it took to realize that people continue to use this chatroom
That is just amazing and inspiring. I'm glad I made something good for this community

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Altastrofae said:

Oh my god people are still using this? After all these years? Goodness
I started this when I was a humble bisexual man
Now I'm a bisexual trans girl

And in the years it took to realize that people continue to use this chatroom
That is just amazing and inspiring. I'm glad I made something good for this community

Thank you for creating a space for all of us! :D

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

recently discovered something p interesting about myself

i think i'm actually probably genderfluid, and i'm going by he/they pronouns atm

also going by the name riley from here on out

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
On 2021-06-12 at 10:23 PM, Mx Ash said:

Well it's pride month now (Late happy pride month I guess) and this thread hasn't been posted in, in 6 days so I guess I'll reiterate my whole situation.

I'm a pan enby (non-binary, literally NB if it were made a word) only romantically interested in men (term for it is androromantic, forgot to edit this post after I re-remembered the term for it). I think that's been the same for a while, but like reiterating it :catface:

I think I've elaborated on this more in other places but I now, more specifically, identify as a demigirl (basically partially but not entirely as a woman) in terms of genders and go by they/she pronouns at the moment. I think I may still be trans fem (I identified as such in the past) and just am trying to help myself out by not going all the way, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Mx Ash
  • Brohoof 2