Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introducing the 2018 MLPF World Cup

Jeric

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

This was inevitable because some of the characters simply are not that popular. But yes it is necessary because my experience with the prior World Cup told me that collusion is a HUGE concern. There was a character disqualified due to cheating that completely influenced the entire tournaments outcome. Luna was slated to match up against Rarity and instead was DQ'd and Fluttershy took her spot. People rallied around Flutters because it became an interesting story when Rarity had an insane amount of momentum going into the Semifinals. Part of the reason that I am keeping voting visible is to make sure fake accounts are not altering things. But, my real concern is that by allowing one person to coach for multiple teams, people  will actually be able to manipulate the draft and trade system in a way that could give one team an insane unfair advantage while absolutely destroying all the empty teams. One of the reasons that every major sport has similar restrictions is to prevent this sort of manipulation by the teams' front offices. I can't be a DC for the Eagles and the Lions. 

Anyway, as teams are eliminated it should start evening out since those Coaches would be able to join any team at that point. So to answer your question, it isn't a mistake insofar as I predicted a 60% team vacancy rate. Also, as I will make very clear, if someone desires to be in an empty team, it gives them more direct control over Drafting. If their favorite character is in the Draft pool .... jumping on a empty team may be the only way to have said character back in play. ;)

Also, 

Beating you to it this time. 

full.png

:P

Okay, but then who's going to 

On 6/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, Jeric said:

rally others to vote for their team, and make decisions on team centric elements like logo, flag, and anthem, and by selecting who will fill which position

Will the teams with no club members go in as blank slates, or can members of other teams who are still fans still contribute in areas that don't effect the roster and standings? 

Yeah, I'm on Las Pegasus, but I would still like to make a flag and theme for teams Our Town and Dragonlands. 

• Brohoof 1
6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Will the teams with no club members go in as blank slates, or can members of other teams who are still fans still contribute in areas that don't effect the roster and standings? 

By default their banners, flags, etc will be picked by me unless someone outside steps in to assist.

After the rosters are locked and we get past the remote possibility of any shenanigans new users can always join an existing team so in theory a 0 Coach team (I don't count) can have a new coach jump in up until they are out of the competition. 

And yes, if any person on this site wants to help pick songs, vectors, make a banner, I'm not going to say no. Makes my life soooo much easier. :P

Now that initial Team Rosters have been formed by community vote, it is time for all coaches to take stock of their roster and decide if this is the best roster for their team. Perhaps you were saddled with a obscure character, or a character you don't like. Perhaps you see a better character available. Whatever the reason, now is your chance to make an adjustment. I'll break this down as simply as I can. 

1. Find a team you want to be a coach for. 
  2. Join the team. If you have issues PM me or the Manager. 
  3. Teams will be locked from allowing new members tomorrow at midnight until the Draft is over. 

1. The Draft list is your initial pool of characters. Review this list. 
  2. The Farm list are characters that didn't make the initial polls for various reasons. Review this list. 
  3. The Draft order is the order I will come to you for your decision. Find your place in order. 
  4. I will create a poll on whether or now you want to Draft a character, or your Manager can do this. Yes or No. 
  5. If Yes is the majority think about who you will want to choose. Decide as a team. Make sure you have alternates in mind. 
  6. If No you may review the Farm list for the next round. 
  7. Decide who you will release. Captains cannot be dropped. 
  8. Post the selection(s) in the same topic as the Yes No poll. 
  9. I will go team by team using the draft order. 
  10. If I see no coaches I skip the team. 
  11. If I see a No voted as the majority I skip the team. 
  12. If I see Yes I will look for your posted selection. 
  13. I will confirm if it I see a majority opinion and make the changes . 
  14. I will post the changes publicly and update the Draft list removing your new character and adding your old character.
  15. I will go to the next team. 
  16. If you are not ready you will have 24 hours to decide.
  17. At 24 hours if you have not made a decision you forfeit your decision and will be entered as Not Drafting.  
  18. This will continue until I reach the final team. 
  19. After this I will go to the No's and Not Drafting teams in the same order and I will ask them if they want to select a Farm Character.

20. After I have gone through all remaining teams, the Draft is over and I will reopen teams to new coachyou deces. You may switch at this point should  you wish. 

Trades

Once this process is finished Trades open. Team Managers can propose trades directly with another Team Manager if there is unanimous consent. Captains cannot be traded. This will have it's own topic. 

Draft Pool Characters

Spoiler

Character
Dinky
Aloe
Aria Blaze
Aunt Orange
Babs Seed
Berryshine
Blackthorne
Bow Hothoof
Braeburn
Bulk Biceps
Button  Mash
Button's Mom
Bloomberg
Commander Ironhead
Diamond Tiara
Dr. Cabelleron
Scorpan
Flash Magnus
Flash Sentry
Fleetfoot
Flufflepuff
Gabby
Gloriosa Daisy
Gilda
Horse Wife
Jeff Letrotski
Lemon Hearts
Lightning Dust
Little Strongheart
Lotus Blossom
Lotus Blossom
Mare Do Well
Saffron Masala
Mr. Cake
Mrs. Cake
Mrs. Shy
Ms. Harshwhinny
Nyx
Pacific Glow
Photo Finish
Pipsqueak
Pony of Shadows
Price Blueblood
Princess Skystar
Quibble Pants
Rockhoof
Rumble
Sassy Saddles
Screwball
Seabreeze
Shining Armor
Silver Spoon
Snowdrop
Snowfall Frost
Sonata Dusk
Songbird Serenade
Sphinx
Steven Magnet
Sweetie Bot
The Smooze
The Storm King
Thorax
Tiberius
Torch
Twist
Amethyst

Farm Characters (Newer and Forgotten Characters)

Spoiler

Farm Characters
Apple Rose
Big Bucks
Blue Bobbin
Chancellor Neighsay
Cozy Glow
Firelight
Gallus
Indigo Zap
Jack Pot
Lemon Zest
Misty Fly

Ocean Flow
Ocellus
On Stage
Pacific Glow

Pixel Pizzaz

Principal Cinch

Sandalwood
Sandbar

Seabreeze
Seaspray

Silverstream
Sky Beak
Smolder

Sour Sweet

Stellar Flare

Sugarcoat
Sunny Flare

Terramar

Wallflower Blush
Yona

Draft Order

Spoiler

Position Team
1 Dodge Junction
2 Las Pegasus
3 Tenochtitlan Basin
4 Manehattan
5 Cloudsdale
6 Canterlot
7 Appleoosa
8 Rainbow Falls
9 Sweet Apple Acres
10 Trottingham
11 Vanhoover
12 Hollow Shades
13 Changeling Kingdom
14 Wonderbolts Academy
15 Dream Realm
16 Somnambula
17 Yakyakistan
18 Ponyville
19 Baltimare
20 Klugetown
21 Crystal Empire
22 Saddle Arabia
23 Our Town
24 Tartarus
25 White Tail Woods
26 Everfree Forest
27 Ghastly Gorge
28 Maretonia
29 Fillydelphia
30 The Moon
31 Seaquestria
32 Dragon Lands

• Brohoof 4
  • The title was changed to World Cup Draft Round - Order, Characters, & Deadlines
  • This topic was featured, unfeatured, unfeatured and pinned

Important

If there is only one coach (other than me) I am not posting a thread. That would be silly. Just tell me what your decision is when I come to you. If you are the only one in your team and haven't been granted Manager permission, let me know pls. 

In the situation there is a tie, Managers become solely responsible for the decision. 

• Brohoof 1
53 minutes ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

Deadline is Midnight? By which time zone becoming technically which day?

PST, because Poniverse is PST. 

So right now, it is Sunday in PST. Tomorrow is Monday. When the clock hits 12:00 AM Tues 7/3/2018 I'm shutting the invite and join function off.  

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Totally Nye said:

What about Littlepip and others? Or does the draft only include later removed ponies?

Or a certain zombie pony as a coach, you would do well not to lose with her in charge :P

Team: Everfree Forest If taken then I eat whoever took it

and then what i got to do now?

Edited by BloodDrops
2 hours ago, Totally Nye said:

What about Littlepip and others? Or does the draft only include later removed ponies?

Later removed characters, unless there is a special case (like Grogar). 

2 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

Or a certain zombie pony as a coach, you would do well not to lose with her in charge :P

Team: Everfree Forest If taken then I eat whoever took it

and then what i got to do now?

This is taking place in Luna's Dream Realm. Zombie Pones can be imagined to have cotton teeth, feast on peppermint bark, and be instantly subdued by a quickly played Hall & Oats ballad. 

_9J3Lo.gif

Just a hint at what to expect going forward. ;)

• Brohoof 2

I sear, I don't know what team to join. I wanted to join Hollow Shades and try to get Tempest on the same team as Stygian, but with that rock as captain, I'm really not sure what to do Not to mention so many other favorites, I can't choose.

I might join Hollow Shades anyway cause I'm so partial to that dude though.

• Brohoof 1
1 hour ago, Toastypk said:

I sear, I don't know what team to join. I wanted to join Hollow Shades and try to get Tempest on the same team as Stygian, but with that rock as captain, I'm really not sure what to do Not to mention so many other favorites, I can't choose.

I might join Hollow Shades anyway cause I'm so partial to that dude though.

There really isn't any imperative for you to rush and join before the roster change. I mean you would be some control over some roster changes, but I am reopening the teams the moment I am done, so if you are unsure you can take your time and thing about it. 

And I am starting this now. 

Dodge Junction has no coaches => Moving to next team

Las Pegasus is on the clock ==> Decision Pending

• Brohoof 1

Addendum to the rules 

- A team can trade a draft pick for a non-captain character, so team can have two picks. This would effectively create a new round of drafts.

A word of caution though. The World Cup matches need to begin this month or it is going to spill into other events that I'm planning for later this year. I am only one person. If that happens I will have to trim some of my ideas for the final 16 and beyond. 

Draft trades offers can be made to teams only during  your window. If you want to propose a trade with an empty team I will automatically approve the request, however .... the draft pick we be used only to fill the spot based on the highest available voted character within that orginal teams group to prevent the possibility of the appearance of collusion. If there are no longer any players available within the original group, It will be a random selection. 

• Brohoof 3
42 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

Can ponyville make a new character to the team 

I'm not sure I follow. When it is Ponyville turn you can drop anyone but Twilight for any character on the Draft list. You can pass and wait for the Farm round. You are your team's coaching staff need to decided together on what you should do. 

12 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Tenochtitlan Basin elects not to draft. 

Manehattan == > One the clock

Spoiler

I could've told you that. 

Wonder if The Cult Of Generosity will drop their draft pick in favor of getting Nightmarity. 

Could one team even handle so much fabulousity? 

• Brohoof 1

Guys, as we keep moving through this you need to have already started discussions on drafting. Being a last minute contrarian can throw a wrench into the whole World Cup and undermine the sense of community that I intended the teams clubs to create. If this goes beyond a set time .... all of the last six months won't have mattered. 

• Brohoof 2
On 7/3/2018 at 12:41 PM, Jeric said:

however .... the draft pick we be used only to fill the spot based on the highest available voted character within that orginal teams group to prevent the possibility of the appearance of collusion. If there are no longer any players available within the original group, It will be a random selection. 

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what this means. Can you please rephrase or give me an example?

38 minutes ago, ChB said:

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what this means. Can you please rephrase or give me an example?

Sure. Say you decide to trade your Draft Pick with Saddle Arabia. You want Flurry Heart. Saddle Arabia has no users as Coach so I would automatically give you Flurry Heart and you would drop whatever player you want Flurry Heart to replace. I would then pick another player from the Draft list to fill Flurry Heart's position. The order I would use to complete Saddle Arabia would be the character who got the highest number of total votes so far, who was also in Saddle Arabia. If that is impossible because the list doesn't have any other characters originally from that group, I would pick the character with the highest total votes who wasn't on a team. In this case .... Thorax. 

Manehattan elects to Draft Coco Pommel for Vapor Trail. 

Cloudsdale == > On the clock

Cloudsdale elects not to draft. 

Canterlot ==> On the clock

• Brohoof 2
(edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 11:50 PM, Jeric said:

Later removed characters, unless there is a special case (like Grogar). 

This is taking place in Luna's Dream Realm. Zombie Pones can be imagined to have cotton teeth, feast on peppermint bark, and be instantly subdued by a quickly played Hall & Oats ballad. 

_9J3Lo.gif

Just a hint at what to expect going forward. ;)

Woop well I will be in it, with my zombie comrades eating the peppermint bark in everfree forest. Though if the ball was ever made from anything peppermint flavour, we might want to try and chew that or kick it around, inventing zombie football in the process.

You can stop me with a very fast played ballad or a simple violin solo would also suffice, though you would get lots of sleepy zombies at such a point, though we are good ball hogs.

so do i get a place? 

Edited by BloodDrops