• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two things

1. I found a spot for Gloriosa and Juniper by removing Applejack's Hat and Boneless. Two gag spots that I used just in case. 

2. If you notice, there is a tie for the fourth spot on the Wild Card roster. Normally we would look at voting differential, but we don't have that until the Wild Card round and later, so a tie in the Qualifiers will lead to a single match playoff. 

• Brohoof 2

Looks like small fry selection is proceeding with only minor disturbances. The background mongrels shall feel the wrath of the Pondering Reptile! Their strength, their popularity, let us devour it.

• Brohoof 2

Here at the halfway point Octavia, Zecora, and Gummy have all put up very strong showings, each garnering votes from at least 75% of ballots. Particularly impressive by Gummy to keep pace with two competitors from the previous World Cup. Sonata got off to a fast start, but the aforementioned characters have pulled away and it looks like she will have to settle for a playoff place.

Edited by Frostlicious
  • Brohoof 4
1 hour ago, Frostlicious said:

Here at the halfway point Octavia, Zecora, and Gummy have all put up very strong showings, each garnering votes from at least 75% of ballots. Particularly impressive by Gummy to keep pace with two competitors from the previous World Cup. Sonata got off to a fast start, but the aforementioned characters have pulled away and it looks like she will have to settle for a playoff place.

While the others are likely determined to win the spot, I suspect Sonata (once a huge fan fav in late 2014) is probably just focused waiting on Tuesday. 

bcf071d358ef7f4bd5c505c71e61e51c.jpg

• Brohoof 3
4 minutes ago, Jeric said:

While the others are likely determined to win the spot, I suspect Sonata (once a huge fan fav in late 2014) is probably just focused waiting on Tuesday. 

She's my favorite of the Dazzlings, that's for sure. She is effectively the Pinkie Pie of the trio, and her name represents one of my favorite genre of classical music.

• Brohoof 2

I've just found out about the whole pony tournaments thing, and as a soccer fan I approve the format! I wonder who the pony counterpart of Iceland will be (I hope someone gets this reference).

P. S. Go, Group 16! Go, Moon Dancer!

• Brohoof 3

Another housekeeping item, if by chance there is a tie for #2 (which looks to be the case here) an immediate head to head vote will take place or be slotted into the first available free day with no scheduled match. 

There's a reason I have 'free' days in the schedule. ;)

8 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Another housekeeping item, if by chance there is a tie for #2 (which looks to be the case here) an immediate head to head vote will take place or be slotted into the first available free day with no scheduled match. 

There's a reason I have 'free' days in the schedule. ;)

I could not for the life of me figure out what the free days were for, just as I couldn't figure out when tiebreak voting would take place if there were a tie for second xD Very clever sir

However, this gives rise to one new question - if we come upon a free day and there are no outstanding ties to be resolved, will the next group's voting be pushed forward, or will we simply have no voting that day? (i hope this made sense)

• Brohoof 1

I have changed my signature back to an older one to reflect my vote and help rally some voters. I like Zecora and all... but classy pone is best pone. Everyone who has yet to vote or has voted for one of the others, this is your chance to raise the bar for a bit of sophistication in this contest. And for those about to rock, Octi can get down with the best of them, so no worries. Who do you think taught Rarity how to shred that guitar in private? She of many musical talents... that is who.

951890.gif.7deab31acac1df6cb5789a053aa67b43.gif

• Brohoof 4
13 minutes ago, Frostlicious said:

I could not for the life of me figure out what the free days were for, just as I couldn't figure out when tiebreak voting would take place if there were a tie for second xD Very clever sir

However, this gives rise to one new question - if we come upon a free day and there are no outstanding ties to be resolved, will the next group's voting be pushed forward, or will we simply have no voting that day? (i hope this made sense)

I feel like those should be campaigning days. Make your argument for who you think should win in the upcoming brackets!

• Brohoof 3
16 minutes ago, Frostlicious said:

1dd6118ec644e9e81f3ab00800431eed4b4d5433

• Brohoof 1

Zecora is leading? I am QUITE pleased at this! It's only appropriate that the fair maiden of the dark forest be on top. :orly:

• Brohoof 4
19 hours ago, Jeric said:

Remember, the first round of eliminations start on the 6th and the close time is going to be set in the poll. Probably around midnight. 

Just to make sure, which time zone? EST/EDT?

• Brohoof 1

Insert some epicness up here in this thread. 

gummy_ninja_by_captainpudgemuffin-d5sb6h

"If a lizard wishes to become a great gator, he must study the great gators who have come before him"

2 minutes ago, ChB said:

Just to make sure, which time zone? EST/EDT?

Eastern Jeric Time. 

frostblade_octavia_by_cyanaeolin-d6xvwxb

"Sorry but nopony will simply acquiesce to my acoustic pedigree. My position on this team is far from a dalliance. I am Octavia!"

• Brohoof 7
1 hour ago, Jeric said:

frostblade_octavia_by_cyanaeolin-d6xvwxb

Irelia Octavia?!? :pinkie:

You get my vote! What, I already voted for you and can't vote for you again? Then I'll just be over here silently rooting for you. :D (until such a time as you go up against green-pone of course)

• Brohoof 4

C'mon, we're already late to the first round!

We're not even involved in the first round, mom!

I know, but that doesn't mean we can't try to sway the vote.

OK, so what're you thinking?  I mean we got a guy who I'm pretty sure played sports through at least college, a Royal Guard, a super strong rock farmer, yeah, these all definitely look like good choices for a buckball tea-

Nah, Zecora's gotta be our number one priority.

Uhhhhhhhh, Zecora?  Um... why?

Amethyst, Amethyst, Amethyst, haven't you seen where they're competing?  They're in the Everfree Forest!  Who else do you know who actually lives in the Everfree Forest... besides, ya know, cute critters and really scary monsters and plants?

Well I guess that's kind of a good point.  But we should still definitely get at least one of these guys-

Oh, don't forget Ms. Melody, nothing wrong with classing up the group a bit.

Good thinking, honey!

What in Equestria does 'classing up' the group have to do with putting together a solid buckball team???

Don't worry sweetie, there's three spots, so we should be able to get at least one of those stallions on there.  Let's see, how about-

Oh, oh, oh, oh!  Don't forget Gummy!

Oh my goodness, that is SUCH a good idea, muffin!

Howwwwwwwwwww???  How in the slightest is filling the third spot with a baby alligator, without any teeth I might add, a good idea?

Pffffftttttttt, good one, Star.

Excuse me?

Dinky's right, ya know.  Clearly you just don't understand what an X-factor a baby alligator can be on a buckball team.  They're full of all kinds of surprises.

Really?  Because all I've ever seen him do is walk around, gnaw on Pinkie's mane and tail, and stare vacantly at Celestia-only-knows what.  Dad, seriously, help me out here.

Well ya know, Amethyst, as crazy as it sounds, I think they might just be onto something.  I've seen my fair share of crazy things, and let me tell you, there's something uncanny about that Gummy.  Definitely a 'more-to-him-than-meets-the-eye' kind of deal.

...Ya know what, why do I even bother trying to be the sane one?

If it helps at all, Star, I'm just as confused and skeptical as you are.  Not that that'd change anything, after all, I couldn't even stop Derpy from raiding my fridge while we still shared the same cottage.

Not really, but thanks for trying, Carrot.  Thanks for trying.

Did you get all that, everypony, oh, I'm sorry, every 'moo-ham'?  Vote for Zecora, Octavia, and Gummy for the first round!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!  GO TEAM GATOR-RIFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

1573522__safe_edit_edited+screencap_screencap_gummy_secrets+and+pies_spoiler-colon-s07e23_animated_deal+with+it_gif_solo_sunglasses.gif

• Brohoof 4