Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you consider yourself sensitive/strong?

Luna's Admirer

I consider myself both but a little less on the sensitive side.

(edited)

I'm somewhere in between. People usually think I'm strong, but I'm honestly a lot more sensitive than what I lead them to believe.

Edited by Cash_In

I have anxiety so I'm definitely more on the sensitive side.

Too many things hurts me emotionally, even if it's a insult that was meant as a joke or an insult from a complete stranger; I'll end up thinking about it for the rest of day and have it hurt me way more then it should.

I get through it though since you kinda have too. So I feel like most of the time, people don't notice my sensitive side as I'm always trying to put on this layer of fake confidence to make me seem strong. I'll try and act like I brush off insults and other types of comments like it was nothing but it does effect me inside.

I consider myself to be both,  though it fluctuates and can be a double edged sword. Sometimes I am sensitive when I need to be strong, or more often than not I am too strong to be sensitive which leads to a whole lot of misunderstandings if people don't know me very well.

8 hours ago, Rosebuds said:

I consider myself to be both,  though it fluctuates and can be a double edged sword. Sometimes I am sensitive when I need to be strong, or more often than not I am too strong to be sensitive which leads to a whole lot of misunderstandings if people don't know me very well.

It happens a lot to me as well really. My brother says you're too sensitive, you even feel bad for a person who doesn't deserve any kindness.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, King Blanketfort said:

Strong side.
My husband makes up the sensitive side that I lack. I'm not totally insensitive, but my bluntness tends to accidentally run roughshod over people's feelings and I don't always notice.

I'm a very sensitive guy. To the point, I might lash out in a futile effort to protect myself.

And what you said explains why I thought we might have gotten off on the wrong foot when we first met. Wouldn't you agree?

I used to be much more sensitive than strong. But over the past few years I think I've become more of an even mixture. Anxiety was a big part of my sensitivity in the past, but as I have learned to deal with anxiety, my strong side has gotten more prominent.

I am sensitive in a lot of ways, but I also like standing up to myself if someone is trying to mess with me and others I care about.

(edited)
On 6/10/2018 at 3:44 PM, SparklingSwirls said:

I'm waaaaaay too sensitive. Even the smallest things easily affect my emotions :sunny:. I've been through several hard times in my life, so you would think I'm strong, but if anything those situations just made me more sensitive because now I fear for the future. 

I've been trying to get into a more positive mindset, but... it's easier said than done.

There is nothing wrong with being sensitive, but don't let it guide your way. ;) Try to talk about the things you fear most for your future. That really helps a lot. Find a listening ear and talk about your worry's.

11 hours ago, Wiz Ahmad said:

I suffer from anxiety, so that's pretty self-explanatory.

I can tell off a troll on the Internet no prob, but disappointing my mom and she calls me out? COMPLETE MENTAL NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Hang in there buddy. :) My greatest fear is too disappointing others, and above all my parents. Try to act calm and have a serious talk about it. It will help.

As for me, I am both. About myself, I can act strong and hard, but inside I definitly have softside, but about others I can get pretty sensitive and caring on the outside too. 

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

I yearn to be strong both inside and outside, but deep down the sensitive side (both in and out) is a part of me that I can't ignore. So I try to make compromises against my self to achieve a balance being strong and sensitive. So far, it's going OK though slow.

I'm admittedly lacking in sensitivity. I feel emotion but I always keep it buried deep inside until it feels like poison. I'm strong in as far as I don't really take a lot of shit.  

9 hours ago, An Admirer said:

It happens a lot to me as well really. My brother says you're too sensitive, you even feel bad for a person who doesn't deserve any kindness.

Some would call me cold when I don't become emotionally invested in something I don't care about. 

• Brohoof 2

It really depends. I can stand up for myself, but at the same time it takes a lot for me to do so.

To be deep, I have always had self-esteem issues. It makes me more sensitive than others. But not about everything.

I used to be a heck of a lot more sensitive as a teen. Guess it pays off to have a thicker skin, hehe.

So all in all, I’m about 75% “strong”, 25% sensitive.

I guess it depends on how you define sensitivity and strength; as well as how you apply those definitions to varying situations. For me, I'm strong on aspects like patience and empathy, but I'm also sensitive to certain things as well. Humans are complex creatures and don't always fit one-word definitions well.

I think I'm more of a sensitive guy, but not too sensitive. To give an example, not that much time ago a boy, who used to attend my same school, died in a motorcycle crash. I didn't know the guy, and when the whole school reunited in the field and attended the speech of a few of his once best pals, many people cried, but I didn't. I was sad, sure, because no one so young (or even older, for that matter) should come across such fate, but I didn't feel the need of crying. On the other hand, though, I consider myself to be sensitive when it comes to situations that involve my friends. To give another example, yesterday I didn't want to hang out, but then I read some messages, written by a friend of mine who wanted to go out so bad because he was tired of staying at home doing nothing, and I kinda felt sorry for him, because he just wanted to go out, but almost nobody wanted to, so I did everything I had to, and then reached him outside.
Many people I know consider me sensitive and empathetic, I believe, that's why they come to me whenever they need some advice or help.

• 6 months later...

I'm extremely sensitive, so I just lock myself in my room all day and watch shows on Netflix or play single player games like Skyrim or Terraria. I used to play a bunch of LoL, but the community is so toxic that I spend the entire match worrying that my team is going to flame me if I lose lane, which kind of ruins the rest of my day whenever it happens.

Im sensitive, but not like people today. I can take a racist joke against me, i can take harsh criticism and i can deal with an opposing opinion even when its better supported than my opinion. I have been known to cry over Disney movies as well as operas like Les Miserables...oh no...the memories..