Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you consider yourself sensitive/strong?

Luna's Admirer

I'd like to believe i'm not sensitive but everyone has a soft side to them.I just try my best not to show it,on the other hand I don't consider myself physically strong.The most I can lift with my two arms is probably anything less than 60 pounds.

I am definitely on the sensitive side.  I have a stoic demeanor, and I definitely have some strengths, but not the kind that society usually values.  I have certain kinds of courage, but usually not the kinds that are typically admired.  I don't handle hardship or discomfort very well.  I have problems, including clinical depression and autism, and I go to pieces if something really bad happens.  I've long felt like this world often judges human worth and character based on one's ability to endure hardship without letting it show.  The more one can suffer while continuing to smile and keep a stiff upper lip, the better and more valuable of a person they are.  That's the vibe I've always gotten, and makes me feel very down about myself, because I'm not that kind of person.  I was a whiner and a complainer as a child (yes, both.  I know they are different things.  Thank you, Rarity.)  I grew out of that, but I still don't endure hardship and suffering very well.  Adversity causes a downward spiraling vortex of destruction in my whole being.  Self-esteem, confidence and mood plummet.  If one's worth is truly measured in the ability to suffer with grace, then I am worthless.

But I try to look at the silver lining--with those problems comes the good kind of sensitivity.  I'm extremely kind, gentle, compassionate, etc.  I'm sensitive to other people's feelings, which has always made me feel like I might be well suited for a romantic relationship, though I've never gotten the chance to try.  :(

3 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

But I try to look at the silver lining--with those problems comes the good kind of sensitivity.  I'm extremely kind, gentle, compassionate, etc.  I'm sensitive to other people's feelings, which has always made me feel like I might be well suited for a romantic relationship, though I've never gotten the chance to try.  :(

I understand. Same here. 

3 hours ago, Lord Midnight Madness said:

I’d say I’m sensitive on one hand but strong on another. I’m not to much of neither. I’m kind of a happy medium between the both.

:)

• Brohoof 2

I consider myself strong emotionally and mentally, but unfortunately not physically. I am not sure how sensitive I really am- it does seem that people are easily ejected from my life for small mistakes, but I'm not sure if that's more due to me being sensitive or just spending too much time outside of my social comfort zone. I know the kinds of people I get along with, so it's always the kinds I don't get along with that I seem to have issues with. Unfortunately those kinds of people are plentiful these days.

Edited by Sunset Rose

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Both but in radically different ways. For the most part, I do consider myself to be quite the softy, sensitive in many ways but I am autistic so that shouldn't be a surprise. Emotionally and self esteem-wise, I am extremely sensitive, a lot of things can hit me in a bad way and give my mood a punch in the face. So I try my best to avoid those situations. A lot can make me sad as well. What am I strong with? Passion and standing up for what I feel is right. I will stand my ground against certain groups of people (my profile says what groups those are) and my passion shines through my overall weak mental shielding and poor mental health.

• Brohoof 1

I'm strong now, but that's only because I've been put in so many situations that have basically forced me to be that way. Right now, I'm not in a position to let myself be sensitive, but I know that one day, things will make their way through the cracks.