Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Group 4 - Trottingham

Jeric
Message added by Jeric

Daybreaker and Nightmare Rarity

While Ms. Bird Flu fights a bug, let's get a head start on breaking down the characters featured for tomorrow's vote. It's a surprisingly dense group of moderately popular characters, some new, some old, and our first OC character in the World Cup. 

Dr. Hooves

Derpy_puts_a_hoof_around_Dr._Hooves_S5E9.thumb.png.01f720fd077ec33d82c075b10c1f715c.png

The enigmatic Doctor is a surprisingly facinating study for someone who only has lines in two episodes. Often seen with his Derpy, Golden Harvest, or Rose, the good Doctor sure does seem to be a constant factor in the background. Vacillating between looks of bemusement, casual observation, and confounding exasperation, Hooves is one of the most delightfully contradictory stallions in Ponyville. Always appearing to be on top of things while never appearing to make complete sense to most of his acquaintances, his charm and whimsical nature has nonetheless endeared him to all ... especially the similarly complex Derpy. 

The Doctor claims to have many rivals, though he never makes sense when he talks about them. Crying statues? Robot steampunk pest control droids, some guy who hears drums? Oh, and he hates pears with a passion, though he never explained why he was wearing a pear costume once. Mystery after mystery.

Yet, the biggest mystery to the Doctor is probably his real name. Is it Hooves or Whooves? He seems reluctant and disinterested in clarifying that, often responding that, "only foals and younger ponies might know his name."

Faced with the bizarre dreamscape competition, he seems to be one of the only ponies who isn't confused or alarmed. Does he know something the others don't? 

Regardless, never count the good Doctor out!

• Brohoof 5
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have our first Mane Six character!

Fluttershy

fluttershy__mlp_the_movie__by_starlythegreat-dbpx87c.png

A surprise runner up four years ago, this adorable and sensitive pegasus pony came only two votes away from beating Twilight Sparkle. I'll let her fans speak for her greater qualities, though I will she has shown quite a bit of depth since Season 4. Do not count this avatar of kindness out in this competition. I did that in 2014, and she took out my Rarity with ease. 

Sitting there on a floating island in dreamspace, she luckily has many friends (and her brother) to keep her company ... but what's up with the lady cat that looks like Capper's race? 

• Brohoof 6
10 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Bleah... this group seems set up to try to get Zephyr included by mixing him in with his sister and a bunch of characters either many will not know or remember or care about very much. Very sneaky.

It feels that way, but I actually ran multiple randomization scripts on the master list before the script that selected each group ran. There were bound to be some connected characters in each group since there are only 32 groups and 320 characters. 

FWIW, strategically ... I would think people would shy (ha) away from selecting Breeze since he may be a problem in the later rounds of the World Cup. I could be wrong. 

There are one or two interesting combinations that could happen here. Pip and Dinky with Fluttershy (a damn good Buckball player) could be really fun to root for down the stretch. Fleur as well if @Fhaolan has anything to say about it. ;)

That man likes him some high society model type pone! One of the best RP'ers and made that character hilarious!

Dinky is in second ... that should make @Batbrony happy. :)

• Brohoof 5

Fluttershy and Commander Ironhead combo is the only way to go. Pip and Dinky are abhorrent aberrations spawned by vile heresy. Would shill for Catrina but she has no reputation in this age and she ain't no Callie Briggs if you know what I mean.

Ironhead_giving_Flash_Magnus_a_proud_salute_S7E16.png.9355e5110be31bad50a1bb6ffa5dd87f.png

• Brohoof 3
54 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Pip and Dinky are abhorrent aberrations spawned by vile heresy. 

499186__safe_artist-colon-oblivionfall_derpy+hooves_oc_angry_animated_epic+rage+time_eye+beams_female_laser_mare_pegasus_pony_running.gif

Them's some fighting words, sir, and not the good kind.  No time for my usual Hooves Family post now, but all I can say is she don't take too kindly to her little muffin's name getting dragged like that. :okiedokieloki:

Also, I think we need some clarification here, because now I'm confused.  Is "Little Pip" the star of Fallout: Equestria, or Pipsqueak from the show?  Because from what @Jeric said a few posts ago it sounds like it's show Pip, but I don't think his name has ever been Little Pip, and that is exactly the name of the Fallout: Equestria character.

• Brohoof 2
Just now, Batbrony said:

499186__safe_artist-colon-oblivionfall_derpy+hooves_oc_angry_animated_epic+rage+time_eye+beams_female_laser_mare_pegasus_pony_running.gif

Them's some fighting words, sir, and not the good kind.  No time for my usual Hooves Family post now, but all I can say is she don't take too kindly to her little muffin's name getting dragged like that. :okiedokieloki:

Also, I think we need some clarification here, because now I'm confused.  Is "Little Pip" the star of Fallout: Equestria, or Pipsqueak from the show?  Because from what @Jeric said a few posts ago it sounds like it's show Pip, but I don't think his name has ever been Little Pip, and that is exactly the name of the Fallout: Equestria character.

Whoops. 

Clarification time. 

Little Pip or Littlepip is this character and the lead mare from Fallout Equestria. I actually forgot which Pip it was this morning so my apologies for the confusion. 

litle_pip_happy_by_vector_brony-d9nkvf2.

I've updated the poll to clarify. Anyone who was confused can actually edit their votes if they need to. 

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy has an unsurprising commanding lead here. 

One of my favorite fan created Fluttershy inspired songs. 

Dinky and Ironhead are tied ... an over performance of Ironhead to be sure. 

And poor Sunny Daze sits with two others as possible Hall of Shame contenders. 

Sunny_Daze_ID_S1E18.png.15b3ae0d7cb3a4a8c2d28b8d06b88522.png

40 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Of course it's going to come down to the mane 6 :P. I think it would be cool to have a World Cup without the mane 6, to make it a little more surprising.

They definitely have a built in edge, but there are two (maybe three) teams that might be able to unseat the Mane Six. 

Don't sleep on that potential Starlight/Spike/Thorax/Trixie group. 

• Brohoof 4

Okay, Fluttershy is a definite vote from me, and I really liked Ironhead. A good leader overall, even though Flash Magnus understandably clashed with him a couple of times.

Also...yeah, Fleur. Totally gotta go for hot stuff!

full.png

• Brohoof 3

Wat? We have a three way tie for 2nd!

:o

Also, everypony got a vote. No Hall of Shame contenders this round*

*I keep bringing this up for a reason. ;)

• Brohoof 1

5a5639432299d_Fluttershy_and_Zephyr_Breeze_brother_and_sister_S6E11.png.81c6318b437f2967a73950badd5145ce.png

So Sis, we're halfway there and looking at those polls, I’d say it’s safe to say you’re a shoe-in. But you think with all that popularity, you could put in a good word for your little bro, who wants ever so much to be on his favorite big sister’s team. Quick thing though, is there a cash prize if we win?

5a56393b1a838_Fluttershy_5C_what_went_wrong_5C__S6E11.thumb.png.b63bacd9644a9fc79c13e4d15e705d52.png

I’m assuming you didn’t even read the cup rules, but I’ll spare you the hassle and just say if there was it wouldn’t even be enough to live a couple days without a job.

I am appalled Sis! To think you would consider I would use such money to get out of work, Not after you and Rainbow selflessly encouraged me to finish my schooling, but do you have any idea how much debt that school has cost me? Every little bit counts.

And what happened to the graduation money mom, dad, and I chipped together to help with almost half of it?

Well, all that schooling put such a damper on my social, free-spirited lifestyle, I needed to indulge at least a little to make up for it. Speaking of social, you think any of that popularity of yours could be shared? It could come in real handy for that wild-card rou...hey, who’s that pegasus soldier and that tall lovely unicorn talking over there?

Let’s just say they’re the runners up to me; both of them. 

I see...well catch you later Sis, looking forward to cheering you on but who knows maybe I’ll even be cheering as part of your team.  I promise I’ll give it my all because while I know I could do it on my own, you’ve taught the importance of teamwork thanks to your friends  Now work with me here, and feel free to pass me some weaknesses and plausible desires of your opponents.

Zephyr_Breeze_grinning_confidently_S6E11.thumb.png.eef3e51c6557abcc235ece28dd56460d.png5a563932c8e17_eyeroll.gif.d3cf62fd142ea337670e67ec8284fe5c.gif

• Brohoof 5

You know what; screw it! Time to go all in for FLEUR!

da61bcf5d4591737633e125f238f0436.jpg

Of course do not let her beauty fool you; there's more to this mare than meets the eye. ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 5
21 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

5a5639432299d_Fluttershy_and_Zephyr_Breeze_brother_and_sister_S6E11.png.81c6318b437f2967a73950badd5145ce.png

So Sis, we're halfway there and looking at those polls, I’d say it’s safe to say you’re a shoe-in. But you think with all that popularity, you could put in a good word for your little bro, who wants ever so much to be on his favorite big sister’s team. Quick thing though, is there a cash prize if we win?

5a56393b1a838_Fluttershy_5C_what_went_wrong_5C__S6E11.thumb.png.b63bacd9644a9fc79c13e4d15e705d52.png

I’m assuming you didn’t even read the cup rules, but I’ll spare you the hassle and just say if there was it wouldn’t even be enough to live a couple days without a job.

I am appalled Sis! To think you would consider I would use such money to get out of work, Not after you and Rainbow selflessly encouraged me to finish my schooling, but do you have any idea how much debt that school has cost me? Every little bit counts.

And what happened to the graduation money mom, dad, and I chipped together to help with almost half of it?

Well, all that schooling put such a damper on my social, free-spirited lifestyle, I needed to indulge at least a little to make up for it. Speaking of social, you think any of that popularity of yours could be shared? It could come in real handy for that wild-card rou...hey, who’s that pegasus soldier and that tall lovely unicorn talking over there?

Let’s just say they’re the runners up to me; both of them. 

I see...well catch you later Sis, looking forward to cheering you on but who knows maybe I’ll even be cheering as part of your team.  I promise I’ll give it my all because while I know I could do it on my own, you’ve taught the importance of teamwork thanks to your friends  Now work with me here, and feel free to pass me some weaknesses and plausible desires of your opponents.

Zephyr_Breeze_grinning_confidently_S6E11.thumb.png.eef3e51c6557abcc235ece28dd56460d.png5a563932c8e17_eyeroll.gif.d3cf62fd142ea337670e67ec8284fe5c.gif

+ 1 for playing along. :D

• Brohoof 3

Hmm, Fluttershy's obviously in. What we need is some more votes for Little Pip. Knock Zephyr out of that undeserved playoff position and get Pip in there.

Come on guys. With a little help we can get that Fluttershy/Dinky/Little Pip team in there! :D

• Brohoof 6