Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Status Updates Rarely Work on Mobile

Flutterstep

On mobile, no matter the browser or app, creating a status update is unreliable. Most of the time when you click on the status update box nothing happens. Usually it will say "loading" then load up the text box; I can't seen to get this to happen 85% of the time.

I've tried different apps, browsers, internet connections, formats and even phones. Still have this problem.

It's even more annoying that the status update box is near the bottom of the homepage, as apposed to being at the very top on PC.

(edited)

Oh indeed it doesn't work at all. I swear it was working when I was checking that last time.

Well, personally I'm not using that box, as it doesn't show full statuses and whatsoever anyway.

When on mobile, I go to my profile and post the status from there. Everything works fine there.

As for viewing statuses, there's a convenient button for these at the top:

IMG_20180610_224923.png.9ba7bd5b051159f310494d562634a077.png

Perhaps use these as a workaround for now. :twi:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

I don’t have this problem when I use the site on mobile, is it maybe just a problem on your device? :ooh:

I've tried on a few different devices and still run into the same issues.

14 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Oh indeed it doesn't work at all. I swear it was working when I was checking that last time.

Well, personally I'm not using that box, as it doesn't show full statuses and whatsoever anyway.

When on mobile, I go to my profile and post the status from there. Everything works fine there.

As for viewing statuses, there's a convenient button for these at the top:

IMG_20180610_224923.png.9ba7bd5b051159f310494d562634a077.png

Perhaps use these as a workaround for now. :twi:

These workarounds work great. Thank you. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Rikifive ok if I use some your screen captures and stuff as I rebuild the FAQ? I'm going to add a few FAQ's for things that constantly break like this. 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Jeric said:

@Rikifive ok if I use some your screen captures and stuff as I rebuild the FAQ? I'm going to add a few FAQ's for things that constantly break like this. 

Oh, of course; Feel free to use whatever you'll find useful. :) Would be happy to help. :fluttershy:

• The topic was locked