Catpone Cerberus

OOC Artificial Love (OOC) 1x1

Recommended Posts

@Catpone Cerberus

Hey. I was wondering if it's okay. Can you show me any other examples? I'm sorry if my writing was bad, or anything like that. I thought it was okay to answer one response, while flowing into the next action of whatever was going on at that given time. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

44 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Hey. I was wondering if it's okay. Can you show me any other examples? I'm sorry if my writing was bad, or anything like that. I thought it was okay to answer one response, while flowing into the next action of whatever was going on at that given time. 

It is aright to go to next action, the problem comes when there's somehow different times in same response. I try to find an example but I'm dead tired so if I can't that's why..:scoots:

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Dynamo Pad
This is one of the examples I found, I marked with red what I mean.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:56 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

As Jade had put the map away, Dynamo could only nod at Sunlight's remark. "Okay. Is there a way we can contact them? Maybe we can plan a meetup at some point. Since we'll be in town for a while." He smiles, before making his way to another seat. He leaned off to the side, placing his arms on the window railing. He would occasionally look back at the siblings, to make sure that everything would be okay. He looked out the window and enjoyed the scenery that passed them by. After around fifteen minutes had passed, Dynamo looked back to see Jade getting out of his seat. He raised an eyebrow as he left the train cart, before the blue unicorn walked back over to his original seat. He sat next to Sunlight, who was looking out the window. He could see her reflection in the window, before he gently placed a comforting hoof upon her shoulder. "Is everything okay, Sunny? How did the conversation with Jade go? Were you able to find out anything from what happened last night?"

 

On 1/18/2019 at 5:09 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"We'll see when we settle down." Sunlight simply replied. 

Sunlight kept her eyes outside as she replied "We came to the conclusion that it's something to do with emotions messing with the programming, but there's no way knowing if it's malfunction or if it's meant to happen. But there shouldn't be anything to worry about other than emotional overflow, which is basically what happened when we saw the neighbor, but with other emotions." " And for the rest of the conversation...." she sighed "....we argued..again."

 

On 1/18/2019 at 5:22 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo could only nod with a smile at Sunlight's statement. "Fair enough. It makes sense since we haven't gotten to Manehatten yet. I guess I'm just psyched because of everything we'll be able to do. At least when we get the main job taken care of first."

Dynamo frowned, but tried to keep a neutral expression as Sunlight didn't turn back to him. He could only assume that something must have happened in the conversation. As Sunlight went on to explain what the cause could be, the blue unicorn could only stay quiet as he processed the information that was given. "That does sound difficult on not knowing if this is malfunction or not. I want to say that it's probably meant to happen." He says, leaning close to her, so nobody near them could listen to the conversation. "Since you told me that you feel more like a pony after all the time we've spent together. Which would probably mean the programming must be making you feel more like what you've always wanted to be." He says, leaning back and nods, before continuing. "I've never heard of emotional overflow, but I guess that makes sense. I guess after everything we said to each other yesterday, it all became too much for your emotions and it caused you to fall asleep. Of course, that's all in theory, but it does make sense." He muttered, ears dropping as she told him that she and Jade had argued. "Is everything okay? What was the argument about? If you don't mind me asking or if you don't mind talking about it, that is." He says, not wanting to force her into saying anything that she didn't want to talk about. However, he knew it would be better to talk about things.

Technically I'm the one to blame here, since I'm the one that started the part that doesn't make sense, but that's because it is something that has been a thing for the whole RP, so I started replying in the same way, even though I don't really like to do so. Usually I would have put everything in one sentence that makes sense, for example in this case if following my usual RP style, only dialogue in the first 'broken' reply would have been something along the lines "We'll see how to contact then when we settle down, and for the conversation..."

And after that, it doesn't make sense for Dynamo to say the "fair enough..." part, because think about it as a real conversation, you would be talking with someone about contacting someone and ask them what's wrong, they then conclude the contacting conversation and answer your question about what's wrong, would you really then return to the previous topic like Dynamo does there before trying to make them feel better? I doubt that, since it would be very weird, so that means that Dynamo said that before they moved to the next topic, which means that we now have two different timelines going on, one that is in present where they talk about the Sunlight's and jade's conversation, and a weird timeline in the past where the previous conversation is still going on.

Do you get what I mean?

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Catpone Cerberus

I think I get what you're saying now. Instead of saying 'I see' or 'Fair enough' or anything along those lines. It's more treated as a regular conversation, while at the same time putting the whole thought into one sentence. Instead of breaking it down by every separate line of dialogue. 

Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry about all of that. Dynamo is like myself irl and I sometimes answer as such. Sometimes I don't know how to respond, so I usually reply in that kind of manor, but I understand and remember you told me that if there's nothing to say, then no words are needed to be added. I guess I was worried that there wouldn't be much to say in the response and I wouldn't know where to go afterwards. I think I know what I can do, so thank you for clearing that up. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

@Catpone Cerberus

I think I get what you're saying now. Instead of saying 'I see' or 'Fair enough' or anything along those lines. It's more treated as a regular conversation, while at the same time putting the whole thought into one sentence. Instead of breaking it down by every separate line of dialogue. 

Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry about all of that. Dynamo is like myself irl and I sometimes answer as such. Sometimes I don't know how to respond, so I usually reply in that kind of manor, but I understand and remember you told me that if there's nothing to say, then no words are needed to be added. I guess I was worried that there wouldn't be much to say in the response and I wouldn't know where to go afterwards. I think I know what I can do, so thank you for clearing that up. 

Pretty much.

In another word, I would like the conversations to follow more realistic/real life style.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Pretty much.

In another word, I would like the conversations to follow more realistic/real life style.

Okay and I get what you mean now. I usually have that kind of responses when talking to friends or at my job. However, I can fix that in my responses. So, that's no problem. :) 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

Okay and I get what you mean now. I usually have that kind of responses when talking to friends or at my job. However, I can fix that in my responses. So, that's no problem. :) 

The problem isn't that you have short replies, the problem was that there continued being replies to things that had already passed. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

11 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"S-Slept fell? Don't you mean slept w-well?

Just telling you that that was a spelling mistake from my part :adorkable: Though you don't need to change anything, we can make it to be part of Jade's mind not being confused. :P 
(Also won't reply until tomorrow due to heading to bed soon.)

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Just telling you that that was a spelling mistake from my part :adorkable: Though you don't need to change anything, we can make it to be part of Jade's mind not being confused. :P 
(Also won't reply until tomorrow due to heading to bed soon.)

Okay and no problem. I made that part of the response intentional because I remembered Jade was up all night. So, that would give her the impression that he didn't get a good night's rest. ;) 

Also, no problem on the response and thanks for letting me know. :) 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

15 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

He levitated a fork on the table as he cut a piece of the cake. He soon used the fork to bring the small cake slice to him as he took a bite

Is he taking piece of the cake on his plate or did you miss part of my post?

 

On 4/1/2019 at 10:58 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Sunlight lit her horn and took a piece of the orange side of the cake, but instead of taking it to herself, she put it on Dynamo's plate with a grin,

 

Edit- I will reply with the assumption that it means that he just takes a bite out of the piece that Sunlight cut for him. 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

10 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Is he taking piece of the cake on his plate or did you miss part of my post?

 

 

Edit- I will reply with the assumption that it means that he just takes a bite out of the piece that Sunlight cut for him. 

Yes and that's my bad. I just realized that I didn't explain well in the post that he cut a piece of the cake that Sunlight had given to him. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Catpone Cerberus 

Quote

"Maybe later, but wouldn't want to ruin the atmosphere before we are done with the cake now would we."

Was Sunlight referring to Dynamo's suggestion of blowing out the candles on the cake to make a wish? 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

@Catpone Cerberus 

Was Sunlight referring to Dynamo's suggestion of blowing out the candles on the cake to make a wish? 

Yes, and there actually isn't any candles on the cake, there's only the two on the table that was mentioned when I first set the scene. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Yes, and there actually isn't any candles on the cake, there's only the two on the table that was mentioned when I first set the scene. 

Okay and thanks for letting me know. I guess I misinterpreted as I thought the candles were on top of the cake, but I guess you meant that the candles were in candle holders, or something like that. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

Okay and thanks for letting me know. I guess I misinterpreted as I thought the candles were on top of the cake, but I guess you meant that the candles were in candle holders, or something like that. 

On 3/27/2019 at 7:53 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

small table with a candle on each end of it, a blue one in one side and an orange one on the other side, their flames matching their colors. Between the candles there was a cake,

^that's what I meant^

And I was thinking them to be this style of candles
Kuvahaun tulos haulle candle

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

^that's what I meant^

And I was thinking them to be this style of candles
Kuvahaun tulos haulle candle

Okay now I can see how the cake would fit in the middle of the candles. That looks really cool when picturing it. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Dynamo Pad

Sorry for not replying, I got total writer's block Yesterday and today I'm bit busy. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

9 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Dynamo Pad

Sorry for not replying, I got total writer's block Yesterday and today I'm bit busy. 

That's okay. I'm a bit busy today myself, so it's no worries. Just take your time and thanks for letting me know.

Did you want to plan out how the day in the RP should go to help in countering the writer's block? It could help how the flow of the events to the neighbor pony would take place. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Did you want to plan out how the day in the RP should go to help in countering the writer's block? It could help how the flow of the events to the neighbor pony would take place. 

There's no need as I have a general plan in my mind, my block was more about coming with words, as I didn't really have chance to sit down in peace and think about my reply (there is certain state of mind I need to get into to create a reply) and the block was in all of the RPs i'm part of, not only this one.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Dynamo Pad
about your reply, what exactly do you mean by ponytail? you and Dynamo talk about it like it's a physical item, but as far as my language knowledge reaches, it's only the hairstyle (or a literal tail of a pony) (until of course you're talking about those hair extension things...which would be a bit weird thing for Dynamo to have in my opinion.) so?

I will reply in a way that it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

18 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Dynamo Pad
about your reply, what exactly do you mean by ponytail? you and Dynamo talk about it like it's a physical item, but as far as my language knowledge reaches, it's only the hairstyle (or a literal tail of a pony) (until of course you're talking about those hair extension things...which would be a bit weird thing for Dynamo to have in my opinion.) so?

I will reply in a way that it doesn't really matter.

Oh, that's my bad. I saw the response you made before of how Sunlight had her mane style in a ponytail. It got me thinking that maybe Dynamo should put his mane into a ponytail, as well. Given that his mane is a sort of messy style. Where the whole dressing as a suit would make him look a little better, or something like that. I added that part of the reply to add on to the response, or to give a second opinion of sorts. When I meant ponytail, I was meaning along the lines of the scrunchies that tie the hair back, or something like that. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Catpone Cerberus

Hey. I was wondering something because I was confused on what Jade was talking about. What did Jade mean when he said:

Quote

 "It may be because all my friends happen to be magic users, but I'm used to mares...avoiding certain things with stallions that they aren't  dating."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Hey. I was wondering something because I was confused on what Jade was talking about. What did Jade mean when he said:

"It may be because all my friends happen to be magic users, but I'm used to mares...avoiding certain things with stallions that they aren't  dating."

 

It was continuation to his previous comment, like saying "I couldn't sleep last night." "It may be because i watched horror movie before going to bed." if the dialogue is right after each other, they are most likely related.
And means exactly what he says. his friends all use magic (2 unicorns and Lunar.) and he's simply saying that mares don't do certain things with stallion that are just friends or less. That's all Dew can take from his comment, and if more specific response is wanted, she needs to ask him what he means. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.