Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Group 3 - The Dream Realm

Jeric

Snowdrop

Snowdrop___The_blind_filly_(with_cutie_mark)_by_2bitmarksman.thumb.png.f42b091e7d0c0f2bc64c4df1399a29a0.png

The first of several popular fandom created original characters to make their World Cup debut, Snowdrop was the brainchild of the talented guys at Silly Filly Studios and the titular star of one of the Brony fandom's more memorable fan animations. 

Living at some distant point in the past, prior to the Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon, Snowdrop became a legend in Equestria, and the memories of her friendship with Luna is a source of personal strength for the Princess of the Night. 

Her inclusion in the tournament is one of the many mysterious happenings of this ethereal challenge. 

• Brohoof 2
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daybreaker!

Daybreaker_ID_S7E10.png.3e85361ab24d5bbf6b849ffdcba9c033.png

Celestia help us all! Daybreaker is the dark representation of Princess Celestia if she gave in to her inner demons that haunt her. Seen while Celestia was temporarily 'gifted' with Dreamwalking magic, it is unclear if Daybreaker is the manifestation of Starlight's imagination, or the actual evil version of the ruler of Equestria. 

What is known is that Daybreaker was able to overpower Nightmare Moon, a feat that was once exclusively only capable with the Elements of Harmony. Though defeated by Celestia, it was blatantly obvious that this mare comes to play and plays to win! Her immense command of the sun's magical potential is only overshadowed by her egocentrism and narcissistic personality. 

Daybreaker should be an early favorite to make the team, but can she be trusted?

• Brohoof 5

Nightmare Rarity

nightmare_rarity_n__rarity_by_lethalpepsi-d8kfe29.jpg.71ab6043a14807eca43384b7e7a3a5f4.jpg

Preying on Rarity's greatest fear of losing her friends due to no longer being useful, the Nightmare Force wasted no time in corrupting the Element of Generosity turning her into a dark Nightmare Unicorn. 

Still retaining Rarity's characteristic poise, class, and fondness for aesthetics, Nightmare Rarity was far more powerful than her pearl coated counterpart and desperate to conquer Equestria. Able to stand up to the strength of Princess Luna and the combined strength of Ponyville, Nightmare Rarity is one of the many evil powerhouses of this competition. 

Her rivals in the World Cup would include, Rarity, Luna, Nightmare Moon, and the one person who was able to bring Rarity back from the darkness ... Spike. 

• Brohoof 4
8 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Yeah, vote for Starlight’s worst nightmare...hopefully?

YUP

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG RARITY 

images-4.jpeg

images-5.jpeg

vector___nightmare_rarity_by_sketchmcreations-d8sshhm.png

Edited by woodchunks66
  • Brohoof 1

Tch, such useless poultry. This bird had no moe, nor the appeal of a classic buccaneer. What a bother. Anyhow, the next batch should offer a villainess with a bit more oomph.

Daybreaker05.thumb.png.f43fca46258cf92098a377cb824db1f8.png

Do it for her. Tambelon wills it!

• Brohoof 1

Wait a second, can Daybreaker and Nightmare Rarity even exist in the same reality, considering they represent two different and mutually exclusive truths about the Nightmare Moon phenomenon? Eh, a discussion for another time I'm sure.

Hey Daybreaker! Prove your superiority and crush this new nightmare fiend. Conquer your foes and give us a much anticipated showdown against Nightmare Moon when that time comes.

• Brohoof 5
6 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

Wait a second, can Daybreaker and Nightmare Rarity even exist in the same reality, considering they represent two different and mutually exclusive truths about the Nightmare Moon phenomenon? Eh, a discussion for another time I'm sure.

Stay tuned. ;)

• Brohoof 4

Looks like Queenie is going to pull it off. Daily reset is pending. :)

IMG_20180109_000629.jpg.96f8319886b94075133b6c959d0d60eb.jpg

Group 2 now has its top 2. Marble Pie and Chrysalis. Lady Bird will get another shot during Wild Cards. 

Group 3 incoming!

And it's up. 

This group actually has more than three characters I really enjoy, I don't envy the voters. :wau:

• Brohoof 5

Evil seems to he reigning supreme lately as both Nightmare Rarity and Daybreaker easily pull away from the others. This will definitely be an interesting team no matter who gets the third position when the World Cup matches begin. 

I wonder what their ship name would be?

• Brohoof 3
Just now, ShootingStar159 said:

Looks like it’ll be a fight for third this time. 

Yep. Looking at most of the groups, they all seem to have at least one strong popular character (though Marble winning caught me by surprise ... I thought Crysallis would run away with that one). When the actual World Cup begins, it will be interesting to see if the second and third slots put some teams over others. That third slot could make or break a win later on. 

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I had to go Daybreaker and Nightmare Rarity as well, but my third vote went to Raven cuz she's kewl. I don't necessarily have a Zecora or Celaeno in this group. :P

• Brohoof 3

Looks like this round it is time to vote for the most fabulous of villains. Someone who manages to look so good while being so bad.  Let's give it up for Nightmare Rarity!

tumblr_n8ljdk1rhU1rpb34po1_500.jpg

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

[Whovian mode on] Well, unfortunately the rivals of Dr. Whooves are even stronger than Daleks and Cybermen. It's hard to resist the fabulous evil ladies, but I'll try for the sake of all the timey-wimey things. But probably Doctor has already visited the future and knows the World Cup outcome, so there is little interest for him here.

953472__safe_artist-colon-koodorshnik_ap

[Whovian mode off]

Also voted for Carrot Top. Reasons:

Carrot top, go beyond us
You're a late star, time to fool us
Keep your friends close, they're what drive you
To the cosmos that describes you

• Brohoof 3

As things stand, Daybreaker and Nightmarity are solidly placed. If it ended now, that leaves the Wild Card four with the Doctor, Snowdrop, Tantubus, and Raven. Tantubus actually sounds interesting considering the other two. Hooves having to support two evil versions of major characters is intriguing as well. 

And will Hoops join the Hall of Shame?

• Brohoof 4

Dr. Whooves? That wannabe British Bill & Ted reject? Hmph. If you want a true nightmare team, then the one and true Shadow of Luna, Tantabus, is the one to vote in with Nightmarity and Daybreaker.

Vote her in or YOU WILL SEE HER IN YOUR NACHT MARES!

image.png.4170e3c5c7580f84ef671afd2370f74f.png

• Brohoof 3