Message added by Jeric

Pear Putter and Ember Move On

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, Ember and Pear Butter are obvious for me, but #3 has gotta be Greta! GRIFFONS REPRESENT!!!!

greta_the_griffon_by_printik-d8upmpv.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Group 5 is up. This may not have a Mane Six character but it has several fan favorites and one unique OC. 

Buffy

sig-4161242.DIVcsco.png

Art by @SFyr character design by @Shift and cutie mark design by @Spirit Rush

Our own Buffy is part of this grand contest. Those who are newer to this forum probably don't know why this adorable Earth Pony is so endearing. Back in 2014 Poniverse PR and Art Team held a contest to design our mascot. Shift one the mascot and actually gave Buffy her name (thanks to a recent Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon). 

One problem, we still didn't have a cutie mark. Her unveiling was sans cutie mark, but also connected to the then unreleased Season 5 premier. Buffy was apparently equalized at some point. 

img-3357698-1-CSigRFk.png

Art by Ashley

We needed a cutie mark so we launched a contest with the winning cutie mark being staff voted. We got so many entries I actually had to have a world cup style series of threads because there were way too many. @_@

Eventually we settled on Spirit Rush and his infinity surrounding dual hearts. Obvious friendship symbolism is obvious. Spirit won a actual plushie created by @Nervous Stitch

Buffy_Tiny_now.jpg

From there Buffy would occasionally take over MLPF using her account here with all sorts of tomfoolery. She may have even welcomed you to the Forum via status update. 

SFyr also did a series of comics starring Buffy on the Poniverse Tumblr. 

tumblr_o3mhip4SPr1uwvmjvo2_540.png.60cad9ecc72385292f29a36841f9ae51.png

tumblr_o3mhip4SPr1uwvmjvo1_540.png.1a7b6fce350ae5ec91878fb43f8e2aee.png

tumblr_o3mhip4SPr1uwvmjvo3_540.png.49cb19ed68a33d8ebe02826e90cabf37.png

tumblr_o3mhip4SPr1uwvmjvo4_540.png.5569e999c8e2a7a43e8d71816cb50242.png

She is enthusiastic and high adrenaline, and tends to get in all sorts of mishaps based on a bit of naive approach to life. 

If you can spare a vote, I'm sure she won't mind. And yes, I'm breaking my rule about shilling for a character a little. Many people had a hoof in creating Buffy, and she is OUR representative in the World Cup. Would be nice to see her make a Wild Card at least and go head to head. 

• Brohoof 4

Kettle Corn

Kettle_Corn_ID_S7E21.thumb.png.bbd3037ae795167237fed3ee894fcb5e.png

The first filly to successfully achieve her cute nark at the Cutie Mark Crusaders day camp, Kettle Corn briefly rejected her talent for creating haikus as she feared it would limit her creative passion for painting circles. Finally understanding that a mark doesn't limit other interests a pony has, she fully embraced her natural talent for structured poetry. Kettle Corn also has the amusing distinction of being one of the few characters not to have a namesake connection with her talent, though her poppy personality may be what connects the two. 

Our story continues ... 

Kettle Corn sat momentarily speechless as she looked down on the parchment bearing what she could only assume was her poetry. She had been anxious  speechless regarding the World Cup, so to calm her nerves, Kettle took to spending her time developing competitive themed haikus. 

The young filly relished showing off her new creations to the others, especially Button Mash, a friend from school who was in the same cohort as her and others like Spike's dragon friend, Ember. She shared all of her poems ... relishing the genuine praise of the others. It was fine to take pleasure in that, she supposed, as long as it didn't go her her head.  

Then there were the other haikus. Upon arriving here she experienced a feeling of ... being studied. But it wasn't quite like being studied like a bug. It came from inside her. She remembered hearing the words ...  a series of haikus form from the ether of her internal muse perhaps. Words that frightened her. It wasn't like the normal inspiration she received. No. She felt as if someone was communicating with her. It was most certainly not her own inner voice that she heard, it was another's. Calm, soothing, but urgent. The voice was also hypnotic in a way.

After a time Kettle felt the continued compulsion to record the words strike hard. She fought it, but when she had decided that she best trot off to be find anypony else, that's when the voice took over  ... she lost herself. Kettle Corn didn't know if it was a trance, or her subconsciousness guiding her, but as she looked down at the small piece of paper at her haikus, she felt a sudden wave of panic overcome her. She wrote this. She had kept this from the others. She had seen that word before .... that word was etched in the mind of most young fillies and colts who had their parents read the stories to them. She wrote this. Discord had popped in to talk to Ember and the others. She overheard him say that he believes this was because his magic and Luna's magic mixed and messed things up. They were stuck in this dream until it ended with a champion or something. 

Except, it didn't feel like a dream. It looked like one, but it felt real. They others were real. Some were manifestations of memories she supposed, otherwise how could Nightmare Moon and Applejack's mom be here? She tried to tell herself that the voice and the mysterious parchment were just the odd dream state she was in ... but she couldn't escape the fear. Kettle forced herself to read it again. 

Tears welled in her eyes as she fought unsuccessfully to push back the terror. Something wasn't right here, Kettle knew that well enough. The panic grew more intense, as if it was a fire consuming her. The young filly was moments from screaming when ... the feeling just ... vanished. It seemed to disappear like the ephemera of any fear does in the presence of her father's hug, or any feeling of security. 

She looked at the parchment shivering as she read it anew. 

His horned skull etched throne
Overlooks the misery.
Many are screaming. 

Seated on the throne 

Planning his devastation.

Tambelon will rise!

Kettle Corn swallowed hard, balled up the parchment, tossed it into some singing bushes, and trotted away determined to forget these horrible haikus, and the word Tambelon. 

• Brohoof 4

Yay! Buffy has my vote for sure. She's too cute. And a symbol of all that makes MLP Forums, well, MLP Forums. :)

IMG_20180111_114812.jpg.7d4de0e4f9afdef253c8202ed20e3957.jpg

Apart from Buffy, hmm... let's see...

Ember is a given. One of the most interesting non-pony characters of the past couple of seasons. She's a vital part of expanding the dragon lore of the FiM universe. And Ember+Spike is a better ship than Sparity. Sorry.

maxresdefault.jpg

Who else?

Pear Butter! Sadly she's long gone, but her and Bright Mac's story is so emotional and heartwarming.

pear_butter__buttercup__vector_by_magpie

• Brohoof 3

Nuh uh; oh no! I ain't letting Greta fall to the bottom pile THAT easy without a fight! DAMN THAT NOTION!!!!

greta_by_harwicks_art-dah5ovo.jpg

1140147__safe_screencap_greta_the+lost+t

tumblr_npesr1b1ib1riecxwo1_1280.png

lovebirds_by_drako1997-d8vl4oz.png

gilda_and_greta_by_bluefeathercat-d8va00

• Brohoof 4

Obiviously the best choice is the best Buckball Team!

5a57ee8e7465d_buckballteam1.thumb.png.56c37ec09d51aac84d2caab9a303c91c.png

So, let me get one thing straight.  I can’t incinerate the ball when it comes toward the basket?

Sorry, but if you’re to be our pegasus you can't breathe fire.  Don’t worry you still get to fly, and that’s definitely one of your strong suits.

Okay, so this “Buckball” is what you ponies do for fun?

Of course I was quite the Buckball star back in my day.  I can still remember every ball I successfully bucked against ol’ Silverstar.

And this little shrimp is worthy of being the third member, how? Wouldn’t it be better to have a strong unicorn like Twilight on our team?

Twilight’s an alicorn, sugarcube, so she is disqualified, and believe me, my daughter swears by his skills to lead our team to victory.

I don’t know he still doesn’t look all there, and what do mean about Twilight, I just saw her in town and she seemed powerful enough with that horn.

Yes but she also has wings so that is against the rules.

What no she didn’t!

Wait are you talking about-

5a57ee9b8885a_buckballteam2.thumb.png.007355773e0a406c6405332395686f1e.png

Hold up, while I was busy clearing my mind about everything but Buckball I think I heard you mention your daughter. If you’re supposed to be Applejack’s mother, why don’t I see you anytime I get water from your well?

5a57eea5d20bb_buckballteam3.thumb.png.08a0aeaf265a312b9f2ae86ad814a118.png….

5a57eeaf5b340_buckballteam4.thumb.png.eebcd42d751aba1dcb6d79563d428363.pngIs this canon? I don’t know how to answer that without breaking canon.

5a57eeba0f46c_buckballteam5.thumb.png.ce09b07ae603130cf7519ee22c092354.png

Do ponies usually have the ability to break the space time continuum?

Not that I’ve heard of, but it could be just an Earth Pony thing.

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 6
19 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

Obiviously the best choice is the best Buckball Team!

5a57ee8e7465d_buckballteam1.thumb.png.56c37ec09d51aac84d2caab9a303c91c.png

So, let me get one thing straight.  I can’t incinerate the ball when it comes toward the basket?

Sorry, but if you’re to be our pegasus you can breathe fire.  Don’t worry you still get to fly, and that’s definitely one of your strong suits.

Okay, so this “Buckball” is what you ponies do for fun?

Of course I was quite the Buckball star back in my day.  I can still remember every ball I successfully bucked against ol’ Silverstar.

And this little shrimp is worthy of being the third member, how? Wouldn’t it be better to have a strong unicorn like Twilight on our team?

Twilight’s an alicorn, sugarcube, so she is disqualified, and believe me, my daughter swears by his skills to lead our team to victory.

I don’t know he still doesn’t look all there, and what do mean about Twilight, I just saw her in town and she seemed powerful enough with that horn.

Yes but she also has wings so that is against the rules.

What no she didn’t!

Wait are you talking about-

5a57ee9b8885a_buckballteam2.thumb.png.007355773e0a406c6405332395686f1e.png

Hold up, while I was busy clearing my mind about everything but Buckball I think I heard you mention your daughter. If you’re supposed to be Applejack’s mother, why don’t I see you anytime I get water from your well?

5a57eea5d20bb_buckballteam3.thumb.png.08a0aeaf265a312b9f2ae86ad814a118.png….

5a57eeaf5b340_buckballteam4.thumb.png.eebcd42d751aba1dcb6d79563d428363.pngIs this canon? I don’t know how to answer that without breaking canon.

5a57eeba0f46c_buckballteam5.thumb.png.ce09b07ae603130cf7519ee22c092354.png

Do ponies usually have the ability to break the space time continuum?

Not that I’ve heard of, but it could be just an Earth Pony thing.

Keep it up! You are definitely making me a fan. :P

Snails

Snails_meditating_with_floating_baskets_S6E18.thumb.png.c74f000e906d27d6826279abddc1cd5e.png

One of Ponyville's school-aged colts, Snails has made semi regular appearances from early in season 1. Often paired with his best friend Snips, he was often relegated to simple yet effective dunce humor ... until Applejack and Rainbow Dash discovered a an almost savant talent he has for playing buckball. While still maintaining his characteristic obtuse and unaware nature, many of us learned that perhaps we shouldn't always casually dismiss characters who might be given some future development. Can he somehow hang in long enough for one more round, or will he be eliminated? 

• Brohoof 2

OK, so who are we going for tonight?

Can we pleaseeeeeeeeeeee pick the toughest looking one this time?

You mean Dragon Lord Ember?

No, Kettle Corn... OF COURSE I MEANT EMBER! :angry:

Mmmmmmmmm, I don't know... she seemed OK at first, but I still haven't recovered from Ember's massacre of a perfectly good muffin.

Really mom?

THAT POOR MUFFIN NEVER GOT TO FULFILL ITS DESTINY OF ENDING UP IN SOMEPONY'S STOMACH!  IS THERE ANYTHING MORE TRAGIC?!?! :(

:wat:..........

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh... anyway, who else?

Oh!  Oh!  That purple pony I've never seen before is really nice and said she has a giant hammer!  She'd be a GREAT member of the team!!!

On what grounds?

Um... grounds?

*sigh* Why would she be a great member of the team?

Hellooooooooooooo!!!  Giant. Hammer. What part of that didn't you understand?

Well I don't really know most of these other ponies, so I suppose that's as good of a choice as any.  OK, last slot, who's it gonna be?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... oooooo, that orange pony with the pretty, curly mane!

:okiedokieloki:........

What?

You looking to replace me or something?

Oh Carrot, don't be so silly!

SILLY?!  I've got one of the only orange manes in town, how am I supposed to not feel threatened???

Carrot, you're my BFF forever and ever and ever.  Pinkie Promise.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm- OK, fine.  So what do ya like about this mare so much anyways?

I don't know.  Just looking at her though makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and gives me the strangest urge to snuggle with my Doctor and hug my kids real tight.

That's... an oddly specific way to react from seeing somepony for the first time ever.

Yeah, I guess it is... ah well, let's vote for her!

Suit yourself.

1577025__safe_artist-colon-pinkablue_pear+butter_animated_blep_cute_earth+pony_female_gif_horses+doing+horse+things_mare_missing+cutie+mark_pearabetes_.gif

Her mane's not that cute... :dry:

CARROT, YOU'RE NOT GETTING REPLACED!!! :glimmer:

• Brohoof 5

As of this moment, Ember has a lead over Pear Butter, but both seem poised to secure their place representing Dragon Lands. 

The Wild Card Round four are close.

3. Buffy (Yay!)

4. Button Mash

5. Filthy Rich

6. Snails/Kettle Corn/Moonlight Raven

A runoff tie breaker vote would be between those last three and start after this poll ends. 

No Hall of Shame contenders. 

• Brohoof 2
21 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

Oh Jeric, the Creole specialty you are thinking of is called Dirty Rice. 

Lol ... That typo of mine is hilarious. I'll shoot you a PM as far as why. :P

Moonlight Raven and Snails are tied with less than 10 minutes left!

• Brohoof 2

Group 5 results are in 

C9V-4Lz1T72C0WX7_D0NXw.png

pear_butter___my_little_pony_vector_by_charity_rose-dbe1dn4.pngEmber_by_cheezedoodle96-d9z97j0.thumb.png.164b1d78a26ce06b07840687fb9ec1e4.png

Ember and Pear Butter are on the Dragon Lands Team!

Wild Card is Buffy, Button Mash, and Filthy Rich. 

Tie Breaker Round coming up between Snails and Moonlight Raven. 

• Brohoof 3

I love yah Moonlight, but the Buckball episodes really gave Snails another dimension and definitely nixed that 'dumb boy' stereotype from him.

• Brohoof 3