Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sony E3 2018 Press Conference Aftermath/ Discussion

Kai-rouken

(edited)

Welcome to the second annual KRA-hosted Sony E3 Press conference discussion thread.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss Sony's latest E3 Press Conference. Please keep your civility and maturity in mind as you post below. Thank you very much~

^Started off pretty weak imo, although the games shown were so beautiful graphically it had me wondering if the supposedly "real-time" footage was really playing on a Ps4/Pro level pc; seemed more like a pc with 2x Titan XP's in SLI to me >.> Or, if it was pre-rendered lol. In particular, I was blown away by the visuals on that "Witcher 3: Asian Edition" game (forgot the actual title lol). Death Stranding looked interesting I suppose. Spiderman had really nice animation quality (as did TLOU II) but both of these games really failed to impress in the gameplay department. The main criticsm I had of this conference was "Why the hell was it so damn short?" Seriously, I JUST started to get into the presentation, and then 2 trailers later and it's over... wtf?? Seemed like half a conference tbh.

I gave Xbox a 4/10 this year. Playstation gets a 6/10 (nothing too great, but passable, I suppose)

What did you guys think?

Edited by Kai-rouken

(edited)

Something about it felt really off. Admittedly I liked a lot of the games they showed(except for that Not Rick and Morty game), and normally that's a sign of a good conference, yet something about it felt empty, like there should have been a lot more. I dunno what it is but it could have been a ton better, which is all I'm feeling. Not to mention the beginning was godawful, with a needless 15 minute intro, who the hell thought that was a good idea.

Also they need to stop with the damn concerts already, Sony's in particular comes off as incredibly pretentious, like they're all "look at how artsy we are!"

I dunno, I want to say I liked it as I liked the games shown, and that should be the mark of a winning conference, but I can't help but feel really underwhelmed

Edited by Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Whomps said:

Something about it felt really off. Admittedly I liked a lot of the games they showed(except for that Not Rick and Morty game), and normally that's a sign of a good conference, yet something about it felt empty, like there should have been a lot more. I dunno what it is but it could have been a ton better, which is all I'm feeling

Also they need to stop with the damn concerts already, Sony's in particular comes off as incredibly pretentious, like they're all "look at how artsy we are!"

^Can't agree more. I feel like it was missing an actual "conference". You know, people on stage talking to the press and fans, telling em about the games/ their plans for the future? It was more like a trailer reel than a proper conference :/ Imo, a balance between the talking and gameplay footage is essential to creating effective hype buildup as well as informing the public. 

Personally, I could have done without watching anything in this conference aside from the Kingdom Hearts III trailer. In all irony, it was before that showed up when the Resident Evil trailer came up that I was like "Nope, not watching this" and decided to take a bathroom break and then take my dog out. So I missed it. =/ Oh well... Was still super impressed with it.

I realize I'm just not who these games are all aimed at, so I can't really speak of the actual quality of the conference.