1. 1. What should Disney make next?

• KotOR movies.
    • More prequels
    • More movies like Solo
    • Star Wars Rebels movie (ugh)
    • Movies based on the lore
    • Just stop.

(edited)

They shouldnt have made any star wars movies, but I really would like to see a Force Unleashed movie or a general grievous movie. 

Edited by Pr0m4NV14
Corrected a word

@Thorgir the Mighty

Topic moved to media discussion as it does not showcase any piece of your own creation. Do remember to check the forum guidelines as well as the section-specific descriptions before posting.

49 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

They shouldnt have made any star wars movies, but I really would like to see a Force Awakens movie or a general grievous movie. 

They already had a Force Awakens,unless you meant Epidode IX

General Grievous? Lol

(edited)

Needs to stop focusing on pandering to progressive social ideals, and start actually trying to tell a coherent and inspired story.

TFA and TLJ were utter trainwrecks in pretty much every way imaginable. Rogue One was surprisingly good. Solo I have not watched, nor do I intend to.

I wanna see someone who actually CARES about Star Wars try and write a 3 part narrative. Make it emotionally resonating, with fun likable characters, but don't contrast tones in such a way that it insults the audience, don't push stupid forced humor in literally every scene, don't tell your actors to act like freaking frat boys (looking at you Finn and Poe >.>). And please enough with the Mary Sues. Rey was actually VERY likable to me for the first 10 minutes of TFA. You got to see how she lived, and were immersed into her whole tragic wastelander lifestyle. It made you care about her. But shortly later they transform her into Superwoman with the best luck in the galaxy. Turning the underdog character into a Mary Sue with absolutely no satisfying sense of progression or sacrifice on her part comes off as obscenely lazy and uninspired. It almost makes you wanna root for the villains since they are now the underdogs in actuality... -.-

I'm also gonna go on record here and say I vastly preferred the prequels to any of these "new" movies. The main issue with the prequels was the ATROCIOUSLY BAD acting. And Jar Jar. Remove those two factors, and I would have LOVED these movies. The world building aspect was just so interesting and robust; even moreso than the OT.

• OT had the best characters and acting, and very solid story.
  • PT had the best world building and story, but terrible acting.
  • ST has the worst everything lol. (Idk, maybe cinematography is on point, but everything else is just so wrong)
Edited by PK_Fire

(edited)

- Project: Black Wing. AKA star wars with zombies. First R rated star wars film? Make the scariest sci-fi film since the original alien? 

-1313. If it won't be a video game, then make it a movie. 

-The Yuzang-vahn war. The biggest Star Wars event outside the movies. A full scale invasion that forces the new Republic and imperial reminants to work together. 

-Thrawn the movie. One of the most compelling characters never to appear in the films. Give the admiral his own movie. Just don't have him die the lame way he did in both the comics and rebels.

-Phasma the movie. Redeem her for her two poor showings in the franchise. 

-Republic commando's. Enough said.

-Manadalorian wars. Only one of the largest galaxy shaping conflicts in Star Wars history, led by one of the most bad ass races. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

I know that I'm not the only one who thinks this, but what we really need is a...

Spoiler

STAND-ALONE OBI-WAN KENOBI MOVIE, STARRING EWAN MCGREGOR.

I really think that with the current state Star Wars is in, this could really be the saving grace of it all.

Needless to say, Star Wars is a shadow of its former self. The fanbase has been completely polarized because of the current direction the franchise is going, and things right now are just a complete mess. Let's be realistic here, how many people actually wanted to see a Solo stand alone film? How many people are wanting to see the supposed Lando stand alone film that KK dabbled with? Ever since TLJ, Star Wars has been on a continuous downward trajectory, the same downward trajectory that the prequels brought to the franchise. The fact is, shoehorning constant yearly releases is just gonna make the franchise as a whole stale and repetitive as hell. What we need, is a complete turnaround. We need the franchise to find its footing again and focus on quality, instead of quantity.

Just imagine the kind of movies we could get if Disney used the "Quality over Quantity formula", we could even get something like this:

Spoiler

It's sad, really. I never thought I'd see the day when I was sick of Star Wars and wanted nothing to do with it.

I suppose even the mightiest giants can fall... 

Why not a Lego Star Wars movie? They could make one movie based on the prequels, one on the original trilogy, and one on the new trilogy. It would be stupid, but it would be pretty entertaining.

Or they can easily make a horror themed movie revolving around project I71A, I would love to see that too.

12 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Why not a Lego Star Wars movie? They could make one movie based on the prequels, one on the original trilogy, and one on the new trilogy. It would be stupid, but it would be pretty entertaining.

Or they can easily make a horror themed movie revolving around project I71A, I would love to see that too.

That’d be great,but with actual LEGO animation,not the crappy CGI LEGO animation...

36 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

I would like to see Knights of the Old Republic get its own movie series, take alook at the origin of Darth Revan.

Exactly! Especially since some of its canon! (Pfft probably the only good thing Disney did to Star Wars)

1 hour ago, SnakeEater said:

I know that I'm not the only one who thinks this, but what we really need is a...

Reveal hidden contents

STAND-ALONE OBI-WAN KENOBI MOVIE, STARRING EWAN MCGREGOR.

I really think that with the current state Star Wars is in, this could really be the saving grace of it all. 

Obi-Wan? He’s ok but he’s not the best...if this is true I’m going to see it.

Also,is it just me or is the so called,”New Trilogy” are supposed to promote feminism? I know there was a lack of females in the Star Wars Universe but from what I’ve seen about Rey,she seems more like a Feminist Hero...

Thats why I hate the “New/Feminist Trilogy”

This really is an interesting topic and one I'd have to spend a good amount of time to answer properly. I don't like anything Disney has done with Star Wars (okay, I'll accept Rogue One, with reservations). But if I could see a Star Wars movie done right, I'd like to see one based on Ahsoka Tano. It would be fascinating to know more about her and what happened after we last saw her in Star Wars: Rebels. What's her ultimate fate? I imagine Disney must have had some ideas considering how Rebels ended, so maybe there'll still be something along those lines. But as always, if Disney can't do it up right I'd rather they didn't do it at all. 

As much as Solo is an obvious turn in the wrong direction, I'd like to see Han Solo movies based on the original EU books: Han Solo at Stars' End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. I'd like the same treatment for Splinter of the Mind's Eye (even though a few tweaks might be in order for continuity purposes), the Lando Calrissian books and the Heir to the Empire trilogy. These are among my favorite EU books and would be fun to see on the big screen. 

Aside from the books, maybe a little more backstory on Palpatine would be in order. I'm sure there's a treasure trove of goodies there. 

• Brohoof 1

they need to just stop, i spent years reading comics, watching movies and tv shows, and playing video games to learn the lore. than the house of mouse comes and takes away almost all of the cannon. every movie save for rogue one sucked and that was only good because it was just tying up a lose end, not expanding the main story. short version of the story is, the only fandom that disney can be somewhat trusted with is marvel.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just make that Obi-Wan Kenobi movie that everyone has been wanting, and set it during the time period between episodes III and IV. We did see a bit of Obi-Wan in Rebels, but outside of that, he has been absent in the new canon. I'd like to see him forced to undertake a mission off of Tatooine, maybe to protect the secret of Luke and Leia's existence. There was an EU novel series I liked as a kid that had an Obi-Wan arc in the first couple of books... in the second book, Vader's Inquisitors are close to stumbling upon the truth about Anakin and Padme's kids, so Obi-Wan heads to the asteroid medical center on Polis Massa to deter one of them. By the fourth book, Obi-Wan has gone back into hiding, but he has tasked a former Padawan named Ferus Olin with going to Naboo to deter an investigation into Padme's death.

• 2 years later...