Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Artificial Love. (with Dynamo Pad)

Catpone Cerberus

(edited)

OOC:

It was calm day in Ponyville, and with nothing better to do, Sunlight had decided with his brother Jade to go to an arcade to kill time, neither of them were really good players, but they enjoyed little competition now and then, even if they knew the winner from the start....

"I win again." Sunlight cheered in friendly manner "Naturally"  Jade laughed "You are better at everything after all." Sunlight gently hit Jade's shoulder with her hoof "Don't be like that, I know we'll find something you're better at than me." Jade shrugged "Maybe, maybe not, I don't mind either way." he pointed at the machine "New match?" "You bet." They then proceeded to continue playing, and yet again Sunlight took the lead like in all of the 10 matches before, but it wasn't because she had played more, no, it was because it was like Jade had said, Sunlight was better than him at everything, and the reason for that was more than just difference in skill... 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pvt. Cerberus

It was a calm and peaceful day in Ponyville. Celestia's sun was high in the air, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and ponies were bustling around the town. It was around mid morning to early afternoon, so ponies were busy working in their shops in the shopping district. The blue unicorn, Dynamo Pad, had finished breakfast and was ready to start the day. He exited his house, which was a few blocks away from the local gaming arcade. He made sure to lock up his home, before trotting off towards the arcade. "I wonder what video games I'll be able to play today. Maybe I'll play some card games while I'm at it? I guess I'll find out when I get there." He spoke his thoughts out loud as he quickened his pace. He broke out into a full sprinted run as the arcade was within his sights. He noticed the doors to the arcade was open, so he'd be able to step inside without any problems. "Running around at the speed of sound! Got places to go. Gotta follow that rain-" He chose to sing a catchy song from a game he remembered ponies playing. He stopped mid song, since he realized too late that he was running too fast and tripped at the entrance. "Oh, no."

The blue unicorn rolled into the arcade and didn't stop until he hit the wall. Thankfully, there wasn't any gaming machines for him to crash into, but that still didn't mean he had a peaceful landing. He groaned from the pain and thought he was seeing stars. "I'm okay! Did anypony get the number of that taxi? Huh, anypony?" He asked in a dazed expression.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Both Sunlight and Jade turned towards the the door when they heard Dynamo crashing in, Sunlight reacting slightly faster than his brother.

Sunlight walked right away next to Dynamo and offered her orange hoof to help him up, "Are you sure you're okay?" "That looked like it really hurt." she spoke with a soft and friendly voice, and her concerned expression indicated that she really cared. Soon Jade too came next to them "Do we need medical supplies or is everything fine?" he too sounded concerned, but his concern wasn't as strong as his sister's"

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo was seeing stars from the crash, but he shook his head to gather his bearings. He then saw an orange hoof, which prompted him to look up at who it belonged to. He noticed the mare had a soft, yet concerned expression upon her face. He smiled softly and accepted the hoof. "Yup, I'm okay. I've got to learn to stop singing and running at the same time. I don't get how anypony can do multitask like that." He joked while brushing off any debris he had on him. He the noticed a green Pegasus trot over to join in the conversation. He was about to answer, but he was beaten to it, by the owner of the arcade.

Button Prompt, a purple Pegasus, had walked over to check the damage. "Looks like there's no harm done, but you gotta stop making a grand entrance like that, Dynamo." Dynamo chuckled while rubbing a hoof through his mane. "Sorry about that Button. I was going to try and land, but I always seem to trip up at the entrance. I wonder if there's a sinkhole or something." Button shook his head and sighed, but smiled. "We'll have to check that out. Regardless, just try to be more careful, okay?" He waved off Jade's concern for any medical supplies. "Eh, I wouldn't bother, to be honest. This has been happening from time to time. Ever since he arrived her in Ponyville about half a year ago." He pointed to the blue unicorn in question. 

Dynamo shot Button a deadpanned expression before waving him off. He looked back to the orange unicorn and green Pegasus before him. "Thanks for the concern. By the way, I don't think we've ever met before. My name is Dynamo Pad. It's nice to meet you both. What are your names?"

• Brohoof 1

Neither Sunlight or Jade had time to reply before the owner of the arcade appeared and both just nodded when he told that this wasn't unusual. When he had left, Sunlight replied to Dynamo's introduction "Nice to meet you too Dynamo, I'm Sunlight Lavender, and this is my brother Jade Soar." Jade cut in "We moved here from Manehattan about a month ago." Sunlight then chuckled a bit and continued "It sounds like you're quite a clumsy pony." "Or is it just entrances to arcades?" her tone was friendly and it was clear she didn't mean it in a bad way.

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo smiled at the duo, but was surprised to hear that they were both siblings. Still, he nods happily nonetheless. "It's nice to meet you Sunlight, Jade. I honestly didn't expect you both to be siblings. You seemed to be friends, or something like that." He listened to where they moved from and nods. "Now I see why I haven't seen you around town. I'm originally from Fillydelphia and I've moved here about six months ago." He chuckles along with Sunlight and shakes his head. "I'm a bit clumsy from time to time, but I roll with it. I usually get my goofy side from my dad." He grins sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head. "Button and I just chalked it up as making it an entrance. I thought why not and now it's a thing. Some of the ponies think it's ridiculous, but I don't judge." He chuckles a bit before regaining his composure. "So, what brings you two here to the arcade today?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Siblings can be friends can't they." Sunlight said with a serious tone, but chuckled right after "Just kidding, you're not the first one to say that, we do get along better than many other siblings does." They nodded when Dynamo told where he was from, "We have lived in Fillydelphia for a few months too, but we moved back to Manehattan pretty quickly." Sunlight chuckled at the Dynamo's comment about his clumsiness "You did just quite literally roll with it I admit." "But try still to not to hurt yourself." "And what brings us here?" they both then said almost in unison, Jade little later than Sunlight "Boredom". 

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo blinked in surprise to Sunlight's serious tone, but calmed down once he heard her giggling. "I can agree that friends can act like siblings and vice versa. I think I've heard that from Pinkie Pie before, but I could be mistaken." He says, before sighing in relief. "Glad to hear that I'm not the only one to be mistaken on that assumption." He raised an eyebrow in curiosity on where they've lived. "Fillydelphia is a big place, so once again, I don't think I've seen you two before. I've never really traveled into the big part of town, due to my mom being a worrywart. She worries, but I don't blame her. I had to dodge some bullies once, but it ended up with me going to an arcade there. I'm glad I did because that was when I gained my cutie mark." He smiled softly at the memory. He stifled a laugh, but a few chuckles escaped from her intentional, or unintentional pun. "I see what you did there with the 'roll with it' line. Also, no promises, but thank you for the concern." He fakes a gasp as he heard they both stated they were bored. "Boredom!? This cannot be!" He calmed down a bit and blushed in embarrassment. Seeing that some of the ponies were staring at him like he had grown a second head on his neck. "Sorry about that. I tend to act a little goofy and to have fun from time to time. I'm here if Button needs help around the arcade. He gave me a job and it's my off day. That, or I usually come in to play games and/or cards. Did you guys want to play some games against me?" He asks the sibling duo. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Sunlight chuckled again, "Moms can be quite overcaring sometimes, though we haven't really experienced that, our parents....." Sunlight went quiet, almost like she didn't know what to say, but Jade quickly finished her sentence, giving a glance to her sister "......Travel a lot, they weren't really home that much." Sunlight changed the subject "So bullies caused you to get your cutiemark, a bad thing turning good, that's good." "We got ours while in library reading, we have the same talent."

Both Sunlight and Jade could tell the fakeness of Dynamo's gasp, but didn't mind it "Don't worry about it, it's aright to be goofy time to time, and if someone gets bothered by it, it's their problem." "And sure, we can play with you, right Jade?" "Sure, but don't expect challenge, we aren't that good at playing." "Except if it's a memory game of some sort."

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo chuckles along with Sunlight and nods in agreement. "Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess it's my mom's way of saying that she cares." He frowns at they siblings mention of not seeing their parents. "I'm really sorry to hear about that. My dad used to do that a lot, but not by travel. He was always out at the racetrack, racing against ponies in flight races. He'd always come home late, so there would be no time to see him. It may not be the same, but I can understand the feeling." He soon blinked in surprise, as he noticed the duo following up on their sentences. "Wow. You guys can finish each other's sentences. That's pretty cool. It's like you've got an ESP link, or something." He whistles as he felt impressed on how they gained their marks. "I've never heard of two ponies having the same cutie mark. That must be pretty rare to have two or more ponies sharing the same kind of talent. Also, you're right about that. I'm glad I was able to find my talent in gaming. It was thanks to the owner of the arcade in Fillydelphia, Pinball Wizard, who opened my eyes to the world of gaming."

Dynamo grinned and gave the two a thankful look. "Thank you and glad you approve of my goofiness. There's always a time to have fun and a time to be serious. It's good to be goofy from time to time. No matter what, I always remember to stay true to who I am." He nods as he lead the group over to some of the gaming machines. "Do you know of the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm series? I'm more of a fighting gamer, but I do like action/adventure, RPG's and some puzzle games." 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Sunlight and Jade didn't comment anything more about their parents, bit the reason wasn't what Dynamo thought it was, they just nodded. Sunlight chuckled again when Dynamo mentioned them finishing each other's sentence's, "Well, we have been very close for our whole life since we haven't really had the caretaker-figure in our life." 

"Well, we don't have the same cutiemark, just very similar." They turned a little so their cutiemarks were visible "And having same talent isn't actually that rare, there just is small variations, like in our case, my talent also includes magic." "Our talent is our ability to learn and remember."  Jade kept a short pause "And I didn't actually guess your talent, but I should have since you got it in an arcade."

Sunlight chuckled, "Well, it would be wrong from me to not approve it since I'm like that too."  "Jade is little more serious but it's just a good balance between us." For Dynamo's question, both of them shook their heads, "Not really, we aren't even sure what the game we played was called."

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo frowned slightly at the mention of not having a caretaker, but he still smiled at how close they were. "I'm really sorry to hear about that. If it's any consolation, it's great to hear that you two are really close." He was surprised at Jade's comment about cutie marks. He listened intently, as both explained what their marks were about and how they worked. "I've never known that much about cutie marks, but you two seem to know a whole lot about them. Thank you for clearing that up. I think that's also a pretty cool talent to have. It sounds like you're able to retain a lot of information. That must be some really good memory." He nods in understanding, while turning slightly, so his own mark was visible. "I guess it was pretty obvious, huh? My cutiemark represents my love and passion for video games. However, my talent is being connected to games." He chuckles as he noticed their confused expressions. "Let me explain. When I gained my mark through a match against a bully, I felt that every time I would punch with the buttons, my character would punch. For some reason, I felt as if I was connected to the character I was playing. Being able to fight, dodge and everything in the game. It was as if I was one with the game itself." He smiles and sighs. "The talent does come with a few risks. I don't have the greatest of stamina, so a prolonged battle will tire me out. I was also born without magic, but I gained it through gaining my mark. If I run out of magic, then I'll have to recharge and tire out. I'm still training to get better at magic and building stamina to use my talent to the fullest."

Dynamo chuckles as Sunlight explained that she was the same way. "I'm glad to know someone else has the same sense of humor as I do." He says and nods at the two. "I can see that. You both seem to really compliment one another form being serious to silly." He smiles and ushers them over to the Naruto arcade machine. "Would you like me to show you how to play and battle against me? If not, then we can always play another game. If there's anything you'd like to play, then show me one that takes your fancy and we can play." He says with a kind and patient smile. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Don't worry about it, we don't even think about it." Sunlight said joyfully "There no point in living in the past."

"Well, we both have read all the books we have been able to find about them." "Or actually all books in general, we have read every book in total of 5 libraries, including Ponyville and Canterlot."  "Though Jade doesn't understand anything about magic." "And for the memory, I could tell you what is for example 13th word in any page of any certain book."

Both Sunlight and Jade stayed quiet again as they listened Dynamo's explanation, but after he finished Sunlight thought something for a moment and replied,  "Actually, I don't think it's that you don't have magic, but it's more likely that it's just in different form." "In a book called 'Unicorn Anatomy' on page 26 there was a mention about abnormality that causes unicorn magic to change to different type of magic, in your case it could be what allows your connection to the games." "And quite honestly there has to be some kind magic in you since it is required for our bodies to work." she then suddenly blushed and looked sorry "Sorry, didn't mean to lecture, it's a habit."

When Dynamo asked about the game, Jade replied "Sure, go ahead, we don't know any games so it's fully up to you what we play."

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo sighed in relief and nods in approval. "I know what you mean. It's better to live in the here and now and look towards the future. There's no reason to live in the past." He kept quiet as he listened to their travels to different libraries. He couldn't help but whistle and feel impressed at Sunlight's memory. "I don't even think i can do something like that. Honestly, that's what I call having some good memory. I can remember bits and pieces from when I was younger, but still." He shook his head, but the smile on his face never faded. "I'm guessing you've been to the castle? I know there used to be library, but I think it was destroyed a while ago. There's a library in the castle, so that must be cool to visit the Princess. I've never been to the castle myself, personally, but it must be cool to travel. "

Dynamo's eyes widened in amazement at Sunlight's explanation. He always thought it was casting a spell with your horn and that was it. He didn't think there was a different way to use types of magic. "I've never really thought about it that way. When you put it that way, I can see how my magic is connected to video games." He says as he explains a bit about his past. "You see when I was born, the doctor's had to run some tests on me. They concluded to my parents that my horn was a birth defect. They said I might never be able to use magic. Hence why my horn is curved instead of a regular horn like yours, Sunlight." He sighs sadly at the memory of being told that by his parents. "I guess when felt I was one with the games against that bully, my magic came to life without me realizing it. I think it's cool that there's more than one way to use different types of magic." He noticed her blushing and couldn't help, but think that she looked cute. He chuckles slightly and waves at her. "Hey. You don't have to apologize. I thought your lecture was pretty helpful. It really opened up my mind to more possibilities of what I'm capable of." He blushes a bit himself. "To be honest, I have a bad habit of speaking my thoughts out loud. That, or I go on a rant to explain things in full detail. Sometimes I get told to get to the point, but I can't help myself. So, it's no worries."

He nods to Jade while thinking of the right game to play. While he was decent at Naruto, he didn't want to make the game boring for the siblings. His eyes locked onto a certain machine. Once that happened, it was as if Dynamo's body moved on it's own. He walked over to the machine, looked it over, smiles widely and calls them both over. "Sunlight! Jade! I have the perfect game." He says while presenting them the game, My Hero Academia: One's Justice. "I've heard about this game. It's brand new and I guess Button got it into the arcade. This is something new to me, so we'll be on fair ground. What do you say? Who wants to fight against me first?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight was flattered when Dynamo praised her memory, she hadn't thought it something that would impress anypony, in fact, she had figured it was quite boring talent, that and because her brother's memory was just as good. For his comment about the castle, Sunlight just shrugged "If you like crystal and castles." Jade continued "The public section of the castle is very limited and you don't really see the princess there other than passing by like you would on the streets, she probably has a private library somewhere in the castle."

Sunlight's blush hadn't faded away fully when she spoke "Good to know that you don't mind, ponies usually just get annoyed when I start correcting them." "You can rest assured that we won't tell you to get to the point, we both have enough memory to listen everything so to speak" she kept a short pause "Also, I have read about horns too and it's not that black and white either, there is many reasons for different kind of horns, and they vary everything from simple genetics to failed spells." she smiled sheepishly and chuckled "But we would be here until tomorrow if I started lecturing you about that too.". Sunlight felt odd joy from meeting somepony similar to her, she hadn't really had friends besides Jade, and their connection was more than friendship, in fact, it had nothing to do with real emotions.

"Sure" Both Sunlight and Jade said almost in unison "Jade can start" and so Jade did, he moved in front of the controls, while Sunlight focused her eyes towards Dynamo, she wanted to know if there was anything sensate about his talent.

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo nodded at their explanation of the castle library. "I guess there's only a few books that the public can take out. Maybe there's only certain books that are off limits. Since it might be vital information that Princess Twilight wouldn't want to be in the hoofs of anypony." He shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't sure, but he didn't want to look into it.

Dynamo smiles kindly as he directs his attention to Sunlight. "It's a good thing I'm not like most ponies. Everypony has their own quirks about them. You just need to accept everything about them and you shouldn't judge. Otherwise, it's not true friendship and it's just being rude, or something along those lines." He says before nodding once more. "Besides, I appreciate it. It helps me to learn more about what I'm learning. Even if I knew something and it was wrong, or it could have been taught a different way. I truly appreciate how you explain it, Sunlight. The same can be said to you, as well, Jade. You both are pretty cool and anypony who doesn't have you as a friend is a fool, in my opinion." He says, while blushing and smiling softly at her compliment. "Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to know the feeling is mutual." He hums softly while placing a hoof under his chin. "I guess that makes sense. I never really looked into it, but maybe I should sometime." He chuckles and nods in agreement as they reached the game machine. 

Dynamo smiles as Jade stepped up to the controls. The blue unicorn started to hop in place, before stretching out his limbs. After a quick warm up, Dynamo looked at the controls and see how it all worked. It took some time, but Dynamo nods in confirmation. The controls were pretty straight forward, so the controls weren't too complex. He saw Jade was player one, as the blue unicorn took player 2. "May the best one win and good game regardless." He smiled at his opponent, before picking their characters and began the battle.

As the game began, both players kept a distance while seeing what the other would do. Dynamo moved in time with his character, so his character could dodge. Dynamo's hooves moved in unison, so his character could repeat the action. While he used his magic upon the gaming controls, they never moved as the blue unicorn performed the actions, blocking and supers. Dynamo took a quick first victory, before he knew it, Jade had made a comeback. The game came down to the wire, but in the end, Dynamo managed a come from behind victory. Dynamo dropped the spell and sighed while stretching once more. "Great game and that was a pretty close match, Jade. You almost had me a couple of times. I know this game just came out, but are you sure you've never played games before? You seemed like a pro, to me." He says while offering him a smile. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Sunlight's blushing got even worse than it had been before as Dynamo continued praising her, sure it wasn't anything special, if it really could even be called praise, but she hadn't used to get anything else than simple 'aright' at best. Meanwhile Jade's reaction was just simple, slightly flattered smile and a small chuckle as he teased his sister "Watch out Sunlight, If you get any redder, your face could be mistaken for an apple." This of course did exactly what Jade said, made Sunlight even more red.

The red on Sunlight's face didn't fade until the match had reached about the midpoint, but she had observed Dynamo the whole time regardless, and though there wasn't anything visible happening, she could tell it was clearly some kind of magic. After the game ended, Jade stretched a bit before replying to Dynamo "I told you our talent is learning, all games has limited mechanics." His tone was friendly and happy, but there was sign of formality mixed in "All I did was pay attention to everything from the delay between pressing the button and the character moving, to how every move works, and that allowed to me to use the game itself against you" "I will never be better than you, but if we were to play long enough, I could manage to shrink the difference small enough that the winner would depend on who gets the first hit in." he then quickly added "And before you say how impressive that is, just know that Sunlight will be able to do all that faster and more inclusively than me."

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo noticed the interaction between the two siblings. Seeing how Sunlight blushed made Dynamo think she was cute. He blushed himself as the thought came to mind. 'Why would I say that? I mean I just met this mare today. She seems really nice though, but I don't want to assume anything.' He was brought out of his thoughts when Jade made a random comment to Sunlight. "I don't know jade. I think her blushing is kind of cute." He looked away slightly while running a hoof through his mane. He smiled softly as he knew what he said was true in his heart.

Dynamo nodded and was still impressed, nonetheless. "Both of your talents are no joke. It seems as if you break down everything within the game and take it to a new level. I've tried to do that and sometimes find trouble." He smiles as he felt he could find an understanding with Jade. "It's scary to think how you can use the game against me to turn the tide in battle. Even with training, I still believe the game would be pretty close. Whether you close the gap with practice or not. Trust me, you're really that good." He chuckles and nods at his assumption. "Okay, Mr. ESP" He said jokingly, before raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "She's able to fight faster and in a more advanced style, huh?" He looked to Sunlight for a few minutes and smiles. "I kind want to see that for myself. Did you want to give the game a try, Sunlight? It could give me a chance to see how far I have to go when it comes to both my talent and magic." 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Dynamo's comment would have made Sunlight even redder if it wasn't for the fact that she had reached he max in blushing already, but it did make sure that she couldn't say anything, or really react in any way, causing her to just stand there for an awkwardly long time. After few seconds had passed and Jade had shook his hoof in front of her eyes few times, Sunlight snapped back to reality, she looked embarrassed "I.....don't know what to say....". Jade just chuckled. 

"Sure." Sunlight simply replied, her tone still had a slight hint of embarrassment, she still not knowing how to react to the interaction before the game between Dynamo and Jade "But don't expect too much from me, because though I may be better than Jade, I'm not by much." And that would keep true when they would start the game, Sunlight's game would start very similar to Jade's, but her rise of skill started noticeably sooner, and it rose faster to higher level than Jade's did.

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo watched as Sunlight seemed to be frozen on the spot. He became concerned for the orange unicorn, as Jade began to wave his hoof in front of her eyes. He sighs in relief as it seemed that Sunlight had come back to reality, but she still seemed a bit shy. Dynamo could only give Sunlight a warm and kind smile. "You don't have to say anything. What I said is the truth and I would never lie to you, Sunlight."

Dynamo smiled as the next game was being set up for him and Sunlight. He looked over to his opponent and nods. "You shouldn't say that. If what your brother said is true, then I'm not going to hold back. You both have some serious talent and I like the way you guys play. I know I'm looking forward to this battle." He grinned as he was the game got started.

Dynamo chose to go with the same character as before, while Sunlight chose a new character from the roster. As the battle began, both sides were playing keep away from each other. Dynamo was weary and didn't know much of the game, or it's mechanics. He made sure to throw a few hoof punches and back away whenever possible. He frowned as he lost the first battle, but wasn't surprised, as he was informed by Jade of his sister's was more advanced in knowledge. The blue unicorn managed to get the second win, forcing the game to go into a final round. He threw in some magic to launch long ranged attacks, while also fighting close ranged when the coast was clear. It came down to the wire, but Dynamo managed to pull off the win.

Dynamo smiled and cheered a bit, before turning to Sunlight and shaking her hoof. "That was a great game, Sunlight. Hope we can fight again somet-" He was unable to finish his sentence, as he felt himself drop to the ground. Seeing this caused Button to fly over the counter and make his way over to the arcade machine. "Dynamo! Are you okay!? What happened!?" He asks his friend in concern. Dynamo panted while moving to lean against the side of the machine. "D-Don't worry, Button. I'm just a-a little tired. Whew...that game took a lot out of me." Button sighs while shaking his head and chuckles slightly. "You always seem to overdo it in gaming, you know that?" Dynamo managed to catch his breath after a couple of minutes, but he managed to grin sheepishly at the arcade owner. "I-It's what I do best, right? I always want to push myself to be better than ever." Button nods in understanding while helping the blue unicorn to his hooves. "Just go and get a drink of water from the vending machine. Just rest a bit and get your strength back." Dynamo nods, while slowly making his way over to the vending machine.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight just quietly thanked Dynamo as a reply, she still didn't know what else to say.

Sunlight just shrugged with a smile, "Well, it's true." as she got ready to start the match. For the whole match Sunlight looked focused and coordinated, and there was no way to tell what she was thinking because her face stayed mostly expressionless the whole time. After the match, Sunlight, like Jade, stretched a bit before interacting with Dynamo, and as they shook hoofs, she too had a smile on her face, but when he collapsed, her expression turned into worry and she was going to ask what's wrong but Button beat her to it. Neither Sunlight or Jade did nothing during the conversation because they didn't want to interrupt, but after Dynamo started making his way towards the vending machine, Sunlight hurried next to him, helping him to keep his balance as Jade followed just in case he would be needed as extra support. "I see now what you mean about the stamina, I could try to help you with it someday if you want." Sunlight's tone was kind and friendly, but there was a hint of seriousness mixed in.

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo nods at her remark, but as he made his way towards the vending machine, he felt Sunlight grab a hold of him. He smiled softly as he felt her try and support him as he walked. "Thank you for the assistance, but you don't have to do that." He says as they reached the vending machine. Dynamo grabbed a cup and poured some water our of the machine, before taking a drink. He sighs in relief from the cold, refreshing taste of water, before turning his attention to the two siblings. "What Button had said was true. My stamina really isn't the best. I'm not sure if it's linked to my magic or if unicorns aren't meant to be physically strong, due to their magic. However, I guess with my talent, I have to put more into being strong in both mind and body. With physical strength and magic, so to speak." He says while speaking his thoughts out loud. His ears perked as Sunlight offered to help him with stamina training. He was surprised that a pony he had just met, had offered to help him. He smiled and nods wholeheartedly. "I think that would be really nice. Whenever you and I have some free time, then I'm all for training in making my stamina better." He says before giving the siblings another thankful look. "Thank you both so much. You guys are really awesome friends to have." He blinked in surprise at what he just said. He rubbed the back of his head while looking slightly the other way. "I'm sorry about that. I mean, I just met you and it felt as if we are friends. I mean, we are friends...aren't we?" He asks while trying not to sound too pushy on the subject. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad
"Maybe I don't have to, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't." Sunlight said, and was going to continue, but Jade cut in with a chuckle "You won't get rid of her that easily, she is too caring about others." Sunlight chuckled "That's true, I hate seeing anypony getting hurt." that was only part of the truth though, she also wanted to help Dynamo specifically because she enjoyed his company quite a lot, though she wasn't yet fully sure why. 

Sunlight listened as Dynamo explained about his stamina, and after he had finished, she spoke, "Actually our magic is very much connected to our physical stamina and strength as it is our bodies that generate the magic, training your mind doesn't actually effect to your stamina, it just makes so you use less magic to do more things." she smiled in a way that made apparent that she was aware that she was close to start lecturing again.

Both Sunlight and Jade looked almost confused when Dynamo asked them if they were friends, they said almost in unison "Of course we are." "It doesn't matter if we just met, it only means that there is more to know about each other." 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

As Dynamo listened to Jade's explanation, he smiles as he turns to Sunlight. "Thank you and that's really kind of you. I really appreciate your help and concern." He says as he began to feel a warmth in his chest, but he couldn't really explain it. There really wasn't a lot of nice ponies from back home. It was rare of him to find a few nice a great individuals to call friends. He had only been here a few months, but he never really could truly call anypony in Ponyville a friend. He honestly felt truly lucky to meet two kind ponies like Sunlight and Jade. 

He listened intently to Sunlight explanation about stamina and magic. He nodded while placing a hoof under his chin. "So, my guess wasn't really that far off." He mumbled a little, but looks up to them while lowering his hoof from his chin. "It makes sense, given that you and I are both unicorns, after all." He says as he turns his attention over to Sunlight. "It seems like I'll need to train, so I won't waste magic and I'll be capable of using my cutie mark talent to the fullest. Thank you for letting me know that. I look forward to training with you, if you still want to."

Dynamo could feel his eyes almost glisten with tears. He clasped Jade's hoof with his own as a type of hoof shake. He then turned to Jade and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you both so much." He pulled back from the hug and gave Sunlight an apologetic look. "I'm really sorry about that. I guess I just gave a hug on impulse. It's just...I never exactly had a friend when I was growing up. Some bullies at school weren't fond of my kindness and helping other ponies. They decided to pick on me and rally the other students to do the same. I had a few gaming buddies at the arcade I went to, but it was not a personal friendship, or something like that. I'm really glad you consider me a friend and I want to know a lot about you, as well." He poured himself another cup of water, before taking a drink. "Maybe we can get to learn more about one another. Let's see...what are some of things that you like?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Of course I still want to silly." Sunlight chuckled "When I promise something, I will do it." "Besides, I need to train my magic bit more too, I may know most of the spells that are available for public, but I still can't do most of them without tiring myself." Sunlight said that, but at the same time she wasn't sure if she would be able to train her own magic, since she wasn't exactly a normal......That made her realize something that in turn made her worry about said thing, what would happen if Dynamo was to find out?

Both Jade and Sunlight were taken off guard by Dynamo's sudden hoof shake and hug, but after they realized what was going on they both smiled sympathetically, and as he explained bit about his history, Jade's smile lowered to expression of understanding, while Sunlight looked sorry for Dynamo, and when he had finished, Sunlight spoke with a voice filled with sympathy, "I'm really sorry to hear that, I can't even imagine what that is like." she thought for a fraction of a second about how to continue "I have been lucky enough to have Jade there for me if I have ever needed any kind of support." But if it is any help, I haven't had a friend before either, besides my brother of course." Nor had she ever been in a school, but that was something she didn't want to reveal, at least not until it became necessary.

For Dynamo's question both Jade and Sunlight thought for a second before replying, "Anything that allows us to learn something." Sunlight nodded in agreement "But besides that...." "Flying is fun." "I also like animals" Sunlight then cut in "For me it's the same, except instead of flying I like to do things with magic." "Mostly visual spells that look cool but don't have any real effect to anything."

• Brohoof 1