Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Artificial Love. (with Dynamo Pad)

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
As he noticed Sunlight waiting for the others to quiet down, he started to slowly make his way over to the group. As Sunlight had introduced him, Dynamo smiled and waved. He felt nervous, but he wanted to make a nice impression for her friends. As the friends had some sounds of reaction, he listened as Sunlight introduced her friends. He looked to each of them as their names were listed off, before smiling. "It's like Sunny had just said. My name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo." He says with a bow. "Sunny had told me a bit about each of you. So, it's really nice to finally meet you all. I hope we can become good friends." He says, standing up from his bow.

Dew Drop:
Dew breathed a sigh of relief as Jade didn't seem angry from her claim. She didn't say anything further, but listen more intently to his explanation. After a careful evaluation, she decided to give her opportunity to speak her collective thoughts. "I-I think I've figured t-things out. You see, I u-understand that its can be jealousy, b-but there's probably more. You said that y-your parents weren't the greatest. By the way, I-I'm really sorry to hear that. A-At any rate, it was l-like a responsibility to w-watch over your sister. Now that her special s-somepony is spending time and watching o-over her. Meaning that she's b-becoming happy and in l-love. You don't h-hate them, but you feel like y-you don't really have m-much of a purpose, in a way." She says, before continuing. "A-Am I on the right track? It w-would make sense because I k-know that feeling. When it comes to gardening, one c-can tend to certain p-plants more than others. S-Some plants need different ways of b-being taken care of. I've had a s-system that helps take c-care of any situation."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Sunlight:
"Ah, a polite one, I told you you will end up with somepony similar to your brother." Golden said chuckling while playfully punching Sunlight, she then turned her blindfolded eyes towards Dynamo "It's nice to meet you too Dynamo, and I'm positive that we all will get along well. I can tell that you're unicorn, but is it okay if I ask what your talent is? Since I can't see your cutiemark, if you have one of course." her tone was friendly. Meanwhile Lunar and Frail questioned Sunlight about how Jade was doing and how things were going in Ponyville, and she replied by telling the truth about the situation with Jade, and also mentioned about spotting the old neighbor at the market among some other small things, leaving out everything that had something to do with what she was. 

Jade:
Jade shrugged "I don't know." "I can't claim it isn't something since it's new to me, but I also can't confirm that it is something when I have never experienced that something before." he took his coffee from behind him with his wing, bringing it to his hoof so he could take a sip, he sighed "I have never been that good with emotions, and I don't have that much experience in feeling them, so I can't even describe what I feel." "But there may lie my problem, I have never been a good emotional support to my sister, so now that there's somepony who can help her with that, it's easier to see where I have failed."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Golden's remark. He looked to her, while she playfully punched Sunlight's shoulder. He smiled and chuckled slightly at the interaction, before he noticed Golden was looking at him. "That's good to hear. You all sounded really kind from how she talked about you." He says, but stopped and was surprised at Golden saying that he was a unicorn. He didn't say that he was a unicorn, but he was impressed at Golden's assumption. "That's a great guess that I'm a unicorn. However, I guess I can't really say that's a guess, or something like that. I would say there's a way that you can tell?" He wondered, nodding at her question when it comes to his special talent. "It's no worries and it's okay to ask, Golden. Also, yup I definitely have a cutie mark. The cutie mark I have is a video game controller. My special talent is to be really good at video games, while being able to adapt to games and every day life. I guess it's more along the lines of I can feel the flow of the game. How the character moves, fights, their techniques and abilities. When I play the video game, I feel like I can become that specific character." He says, glancing to see Sunlight talking to Lunar and Frail. He thought he had heard the trio talking about the recent events from this past week. He decided not to step in unless he was called upon. Instead, he wanted to get to talk, as well as getting to know more about Golden and the others. 

Dew Drop:
Dew had a look of confusion upon her face. What confused her was what Jade meant by experiencing these feelings of sorts. 'E-Everypony should understand t-these types of feelings in their lifetime. Y-Yet, Jade d-doesn't understand them well? I w-wonder what's going on?' She thought, before trying not to pay that idea any mind. As Jade talked about what his potential problem was, Dew frowned as her ears fell. "N-No. I don't think you f-failed, Jade. Y-You said that you d-don't understand these feelings. You e-even said that you had to go and take care o-of your sister, while your p-parent's were not a-around. I t-think that you had to g-row up so quickly, t-that you may have not h-had time to understand anything." She says, taking another sip of her drink. "M-Maybe emotional support was d-difficult because n-nopony was there to help you out? Hearing a-about this now, it s-seems like you have a l-lot to talk about. However, n-nopony is there to talk things o-out with you. It's like I s-said before, Jade. Y-You never failed. Y-You at least helped y-your sister become w-who she is today. You w-were a brother, a p-parent, as well as a f-friend. M-Maybe...it would be better t-to have somepony t-to talk to. That way, y-you can learn to open up a-and experience these feelings. M-Maybe I can b-be there to help you i-if there's anything to talk about. Y-You sound like a really nice p-pony, to me, in m-my opinion." She says, offering Jade a shy, yet caring smile. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"It's not a guess, I can sense your horn." Golden said with a kind tone "Huh." she said thoughtfully after Dynamo explained about his talent "That's unexpected, now, I don't mean it in bad way, I just expected Sunlight to end up with somepony more...studying type, since like you most likely know, she likes to learn." she smiled awkwardly. The two others gave some comforting gestures and words to Sunlight after she had explained the Jade situation, but other than that their conversation seemed to be rather positive as it came to close, and there was a quiet moment as nopony had anything to say at that second, giving a good moment for questions or comments about anything. 

Jade:
"No, I did fail, several times."
Jade said "But I won't talk about them right now, nothing personal, they just are too personal to tell somepony I just met." "I know I did lot of good too, like she has done to me, but if you don't acknowledge your failures, you will never learn from them." "And though I would be more than happy to talk to you about my feelings, I don't know what would I say, because when I say I'm unfamiliar with this type of emotion, I mean it." "I was the stallion of the house, the brick wall both emotionally and physically, the one who would keep standing if my sister went down." "I had no interest in relationships, so jealousy was fully absent, and I had a clear purpose, so I have never felt lack of purpose." "There was no competition, no envy, no arguments." "You could even ask our friends, and they would tell you that I'm lot less emotional than my sister"

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo had a look of awe as he he heard Golden's explanation. "That's really awesome, in my opinion. It's sort of like being able to sense the magic of other ponies in the area, or something along those lines. I'd like to try and learn that if it's possible." He says with a chuckle, before shaking his head with a smile at Golden's remark. "It's okay and no worries. I could say that one can learn a lot from playing video games, but I don't know how to back that up. I guess she really liked me for my kind nature, as well as my goofy personality." He chuckled once again with a smile. He looked over to the others to see Sunlight's friends give her comfort. He smiled as everything had seemed to have ended on a good note. There was a moment of silence, which gave Dynamo a minute to think of a question to ask. "So, what were you all doing at the mall? I don't mean that in a bad way. It's more like it's ironic. We were going to message you three that Sunlight was in Manehatten. We were on vacation, so we thought we'd stop by and all of us could hang out. However, I guess the notification isn't really necessary now." He smiles as a thought came to mind. "Since Golden was asking about my talent. I was wondering what each of your talents are."

Dew Drop:
Dew nodded in understanding at Jade's reasoning. "N-No need to worry. I d-don't blame you if you don't w-want to say anything right a-away. Just tell me w-when you feel confident and r-ready, okay?" She says, listening intently to his remark. "I-I guess I would say is to t-talk about what your feeling. For example, you c-could say that you're h-happy about something. M-Maybe you feel l-lonely or angry about a-anything." She says, admiring that he was a very responsible brother for his sister. "I-I guess this is before you sister m-met her special somepony? Y-You said that you had p-purpose. When this s-somepony could be there for your s-sister, then it was as if y-you had lost that purpose. I guess that could mean a f-feeling of hurt or a lost type of f-feeling." She says, smiling softly at the mention of being less emotional. "I-I wouldn't say that. From what you were saying, y-you seem to show a l-lot of emotion. Either that, or y-you're very passionate, i-in a way. I-I think it's very sweet. Y-Your sister and f-friends are lucky to have s-somepony like you, Jade." She says, finishing the rest of her cup of coffee.

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Golden acknowledged Dynamo's comments with nods and smiles.  
"We came to shop for clothes." Lunar replied to Dynamo's question, Frail continued "We need dresses tomorrow and figured it's time to update our wardrobes." Lunar turned towards Sunlight "Would you like to join us actually?" Sunlight nodded "Sure, but I'll be just as company, I don't need a new dress at the moment." Meanwhile Golden replied to Dynamo's other question "My talent is singing, I learn songs quickly and ponies like my singing voice. Frail's talent is making things from glass, and Lunar makes magical items, mostly jewelry, like the artifacts attached on her sides." 

Jade:
"Thanks."
Jade simply replied "I still would argue I'm lot less emotional than many others, and I still don't know what I would mention if I were to talk about feelings." "But your kindness means a lot" he took a sip of his coffee and sighed "If only there was a way to stop feeling like this, I want to share great moments with my sister and her stallionfriend, but I fee so unpleasant that I'm not being myself with them."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo smiled with a nod as Frail and Lunar had explained what the group of friends were doing at the mall. Dynamo didn't show it on his face, but the plan for clothes shopping had given him an idea. "I don't mind in joining you guys, but it's the same thing for Sunlight. I don't need any new clothes at the moment." He says, chuckling at the memory of clothes shopping with Sunlight. Dynamo looked to Golden as she explained each other their talents. "Those are some pretty impressive talents. I'd like to learn to be able to sing songs a little more quickly. That way, I'd be able to learn some anime songs. For Frail's talent, does that mean her profession is glassblowing? If so, then that's pretty cool. I think I've heard of that kind of job/profession." He says, raising an eyebrow at Lunar's talent. As Golden explained, Dynamo noticed the artifacts that were attached to Lunar's side. "She can make magical items? That sounds pretty interesting. How does one make a magical item and what do the artifacts do?" He asks, while the group made their way to the clothing store.

Dew Drop:
"You're welcome." Dew smiled softly at Jade's reply. She blushed slightly at the kind words he gave her. "I-It's no problem, J-Jade. If y-you were to talk about your f-feelings, then just t-tell that pony or creature w-what's on your mind." She says, while Jade sighed and took a drink of his coffee. She hummed for a moment, before shaking her head at his train of thought. "Hmm...I-I can't help you there. I-If I had to say something, then I would t-tell them what's been bothering y-you at some point. I-If you don't, then you'll l-look like you're arguing with them. If y-you want to be yourself with t-them, then try to f-find what you want a-and see what m-makes your happy." She says, an idea soon appeared in her mind. "H-Hey. Did you want t-to see the flower shop I r-run? Maybe w-we can get to learn m-more about each other, a-along the way."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:

"Yes, I'm professional glassblower, though I use my magic more than actually blow anything." Frail replied to Dynamo's question about her profession, then was Lunar's turn ti reply "It's not really that different from doing normal jewelry and such, the only real difference is that I work with things than can be or are already enchanted with some kind of magic, and that's the part that needs the special skill, because if you do it wrong it may up either useless or in worst case scenario unleash the magic used in the enchantment at you, with varying effects." "And what the artifacts do, well, if talking about those I make, it really depends, but if you're talking about the ones on me, they give me certain advantages that earth ponies usually don't have, namely ability to do spells and flight." Sunlight stopped at a nearby window as the rest of the group entered the mares' clothing shop, she was looking at several pieces of jewelry that were on the window.

Jade:
Jade just sipped his coffee without saying anything to Dew's suggestions, he was clearly thinking something after hearing them, but he didn't say anything. He looked bit surprised when Dew asked him what he assumed was invite to visit her shop, more precisely, the surprise was towards the part about learning more about each other, as it made it pretty blatant that Dew was interested to become at least friends, and Jade hadn't really expected it, even though he found himself thinking that Dew was....cute? "Sure, I'll just finish up my coffee and we can go do that" he then finished his coffee and got up, ready to follow.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo smiled and nodded at the explanation towards Frail's statement. "That's pretty cool. I know it's not similar, but it reminds me of my father's job." He says, listening to Lunar's remark of jewelry. "I guess it takes a lot of concentration to not let the magic become unleashed upon you. I guess I can say I've experienced that first hoof." He says, not wanting to bring up the encounter with his bullies. "It must be pretty cool to fly or use magic, while still being an earth pony. I can somewhat fly when it comes to using a spell, but I can't maintain the spell for very long." He says, noticing Sunlight walking up ahead to a nearby window. "I was hoping if you could help me with something." He whispered to Lunar, while being out of earshot of Sunlight. "I was planning on getting Sunny some jewelry, while we were here. I asked if she wanted to go clothes shopping, but she was thinking about jewelry instead. I wanted to get her something nice, but I was wondering if you had an idea of what she prefers. I didn't want to tell her as I wanted to surprise her." He says as he saw Golden and Frail madee their way into the clothing shop.

Dew Drop:
Dew had twirled a part of her mane with her hoof as she nervously waited for a response. She wasn't sure why she asked such a question out of the blue, but she felt that it was good to have a friend. She also wanted to help Jade as it looked like he needed some cheering up. Her flower shop wasn't much, but she thought it was a good idea to show her profession, as well as a change of pace. As he gave her reply, she smiled brightly and nodded as he finished his coffee. She got up and threw her empty coffee cup away. "Excellent! N-Now, follow me." She says, taking the lead and walking to the shop next door. She stopped, before opening the door and walking right into her shop. "W-Welcome to my field of d-dreams." She says, the fresh aroma of flowers wafting through the air. All around were different varieties of flowers. Ranging from tulips, sunflowers, roses and more. "I-It might not seem like much, b-but I'm a collector. I-If I can find a new flower, t-then I try to g-grow said flower at my s-shop." She says, flying up to check on some flowers she had recently watered.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Lunar was thoughtful for a second "She doesn't really wear jewelry as far as I have seen, but based on what she usually looks at, she seems to prefer things that match her eye color." she then replied "And she tends to avoid purple and orange details because as she put it, they drown into her own colors." After watching on the window for a moment, Sunlight walked into the clothing shop to join back to her friends, smiling at dynamo and Lunar as she passed them. 

Jade:
After doing polite gesture to thank for the welcomes, Jade looked around him as they entered the shop, partly to be aware of his surroundings, and partly to look at the flowers. "Collector you say, I wonder, do you have..." he listed the names of few rare, less known flowers "...I have read that they smell incredibly good, but I have never actually seen them in real life." his tone mad it known that it was pure curiosity.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo had made a mental note from the information that Lunar was telling him. "Okay and thanks for letting me know. Since you made jewelry and artifacts, I thought she would have asked if you could make her something. However, what you said had helped plenty." He says, nodding in understanding about the colors purple and orange. "I guess I'll have to figure out an idea that won't have orange and purple in the jewelry. I hope I'll find something that Sunlight will love." He says, looking to his girlfriend with a soft smile. He made sure to pay attention to what she was looking at in the window. He noticed as she passed Dynamo and Lunar, while returning the smile she gave to them. He walked into the store and tapped Sunlight on the shoulder with his hoof. "I have to find a restroom really quick. I'm also going to look at some of the other shops, but I'll be back in a bit. It'll give you time to catch up with the others." He says, kissing her cheek and making his way out of the store. He waved to Sunlight and the others as he left.

As he left the store, he made sure nobody noticed him as he entered the jewelry shop next door. As he entered the store, he was surprised by how much jewelry was available. From necklaces, to rings and trinkets. Dynamo was in awe and slight concern of what he wanted to get Sunlight. 'I want to get her something nice that matches her eyes, but what could work?' He thought as a look of worry appeared upon his face. Just then, the clerk for the store had soon appeared. "Is everything okay, my good sir? You seem to have something on your mind." Dynamo jumped slightly at the voice, but he soon smiled at the store owner. "Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm looking for something that my marefriend would love." The clerk could only chuckle softly and nodded. "You're not the only one. I've seen many couples come into the store to get a nice gift for their significant other. By the way, my name is Diamond Rough. Come over to the counter and I'll be able to help you out." Dynamo could only nod as he made his way over to the front desk.

The gray earth pony had brought out a selection of trinkets that Dynamo could inspect. "These are some of the greatest sellers. Most of these are sold out after the first few days. Maybe your significant other would enjoy these." Dynamo looked at each necklace and ring, but he couldn't decide on what to get her. "I like these, sir. It's just...she likes something that matches her eyes. Her eyes are a light sky blue and I was thinking maybe something red and/or yellow for her namesake. Her name is Sunlight Lavender." Diamond thought for a moment, before giving the blue unicorn a serious look. "How much do you care about her, kiddo?" Dynamo closed his eyes for a moment, before opening his eyes with a smile. He blushed as he thought of nothing, but love and care for Sunlight. "She means the entire world to me, sir. When I'm with her, she makes me feel special. As if I can do anything in the entire world. When I see her in pain, I feel that hurt. When I see her happy, I feel absolute joy. Not a day goes by when she's not in my mind. I hope to one day spend my entire life with her. To me, she makes life and every day worth living." Diamond's eyes shined for a moment, wanting to make sure that Dynamo had spoke the truth. When he saw no lies in his eyes, Diamond smiled softly with a nod. "Then I have the perfect gift. I'll be right back." He says, leaving momentarily, before returning with a necklace in his hoof.

The necklace was in the shape of a heart. On the necklace had said the words, 'Forever in my heart.' Not only that, but there were a few rubies and gold gems on the necklace, as well. "This is a special one of a kind necklaces that was passed down in my family. This necklace is only to be given to the one that truly has captured your heart. I have no need for it, but I believe this will be perfect for you." Dynamo marveled at the necklace as it had everything he could want for Sunlight to have. "S-Sir. This is wonderful and perfect, but I can't get that. It's just that you said it's a family heirloom. It wouldn't be right of me." Diamond could only chuckle and shake his head. "It's quite alright. I've always carried it with me in the hopes of giving it to the couple whose hearts are truly connected. It would be an honor to give this to you." Dynamo wanted to protest, but he knew that it was to no avail. "Okay. You win. I'll take the necklace. How much is it, sir?" Diamond shook his head, pushing the necklace over to Dynamo. "Take it." Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly as he shook his head. "I can't do that. I want to earn this and not rip you off." He says, the smile never leaving Diamond's face. "It's no problem, kiddo. The truth is that I've given this necklace to other couples. However, they've always returned the necklace as they either weren't in love or their love never worked out. I want to give this to someone who truly loves their significant other. When you described your special somepony, it was as if love was in the air. What you feel for her is true and never a lie. So, it would put my mind at ease if you give this to her and never let her go."

Dynamo smiled softly and was quiet, before nodding in approval of Diamond's request. "Okay and thank you, sir. I promise I'll always treat her with nothing, but love and care in my heart." He took the necklace, before leaving a fair amount of bits on the counter. Diamond was confused, but smiled as he knew what Dynamo was trying to do. "That necklace has a special charm to it. If both ponies love each other, then the necklace will bind that love forever. No matter what, their love will always last forever and even into the next life. Just make sure to treat her right and always remind her how special she is to you." Dynamo nodded and waved to Diamond, before making his exit of the shop.

Dew Drop:
As Jade was looking around the shop, Dew had descended softly to the ground and smiled. She looked to Jade as he was asking if she had any rare, yet lesser known flowers. "Hmm...I-I might have some of those f-flowers. Let me check in m-my data log." She says, moving over to her computer and typing in the aforementioned flowers. She looked away from the computer, before nodding slightly at the green Pegasus. "I-I do have some of the flowers your mentioned. However, I-I may have not heard of those f-flowers before. I've t-traveled around to some parts of Equestria, b-but I've yet to travel the e-entire world. My dream i-is to find every known f-flower in Equestria. Once I do, I-I want to raise and care for all o-of the flowers I discovered. S-Something along the lines of making the w-whole world a beautiful place, with a-an array of flowers." She says, raising an eyebrow in curiosity over his knowledge of flowers. "H-How did you know about those flowers. I-I've read some books, but I've yet t-to discover some of these rare breeds of flowers." She says, smiling as she started to walk over to Jade. "I-I also have a unique way of watering the flowers. I-I know you use a water can, b-but my special talent makes everything s-slightly easier. Would you like t-to know?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight nodded and waved after Dynamo told he'd go away for a moment. After that, what to be expected ensued, Sunlight's friends started trying on different dresses while the group chatted about everything and anything, praised each other's looks in different dresses, talked about rumors, what had happened to each of them when they weren't together, what they planned to do in coming days, things like that.

Jade:
Jade again listened patiently as Dew spoke, he didn't interrupt her because he figured it could make her uncomfortable considering how shy she seemed. He had a slight hint of admiration in his eyes for a second after she mentioned her dream, but he didn't say anything about it "Like I said, I've read about them." he replied "I don't have any actual experience when it comes to flowers, but I know as much as one can know by just reading about them." he then explained  "And go ahead if you want to, special talents are a good place to start if you want to know somepony." he gave a friendly smile

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
As Dynamo had exited the jewelry store, he made sure to put the necklace away so Sunlight wouldn't notice. 'I just need to give her the necklace at the right opportune moment. I would say when we get back to Ponyville, but who knows how long we'll be here.' He thought as he tried to think of the perfect timing. His eyes soon flashed as he had come to a conclusion. 'Wait. I've got it! I can give the necklace to her when she shows me this surprise she has in store for me. She said we should dress up nice, so the setting will be perfect.' He was grateful for having his jacket as he could put the necklace in his jacket pocket. He then decided to check on the others as he didn't want to make them worry. He made his way back to the clothing store next door and looked in the window. He squinted his eyes to look, but he managed to find Sunlight in the others. He smiled as it looked like they were having fun catching up with one another. As he entered the store, he made his way to the back of to rejoin the others. "Hey there, ladies. I'm sorry if I took so long. I had to use the restroom and then I roamed the lower floor of the mall. They had some cool stores, but I didn't look into them. I thought it'd be better to go as a group. That, and I was missing somepony special." He winked at Sunlight, before chuckling with a smile. "So, anything I missed while I was gone?"

Dew Drop:
Dew smiled softly and nodded at Jade's remark. "I-I still think that's amazing, Jade. N-Not many ponies or creatures k-know about the meaning to some flowers. Some flowers are i-interpreted one way, but are meant in a d-different sense." She says, moving over to her row of roses. "I always thought that r-roses were always red. Upon learning that there were d-different shades, I knew I had to discover more. Like how a red rose represents true love, while a blue rose can represent love at first sight. I-It's even more interesting how a thornless rose and a lavender rose can b-both represent love at first sight, as well." She says, not noticing that she wasn't stuttering as much. She was so caught up in her passion that it seemed everything around her had vanished. She turned around and blushed, while kicking some dirt slightly on the ground. "T-To me, it's how beautiful a bouquet of flowers c-can represent a lot of things. I-It's being able t-to help see other's bring joy to their l-loved ones that makes me so happy."

At the mention of wanting to see how she waters the flowers, she smiled as began to fly slightly off of the ground. "S-So, you can imagine that t-there's no hose or water can t-to help water the flowers. While i-it's efficient, it takes u-up too much time. Flowers need c-constant care and affection to be l-looked after. That is why I found a new solution." She says, waving a hoof in the air as a small cloud was formed. "T-There's water all around us. You can pull water out of thin a-air. Sometimes, I-I try to use the clouds that are i-in the sky. H-However, I had to learn d-different ways if there was ever a day with n-no clouds." She says, moving the cloud over the roses she had recently described. "I-I'm able to make tiny rain clouds for my plants. T-That way, they are all taken care of and t-the work is done in a timely fashion." She explained, while flying around and watering the other flowers. She closed her eyes and smiled as she flew. Feeling truly at peace at the job she felt truly passionate about.

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"You didn't miss anything." Sunlight replied after chuckling at Dynamo's comment "Until of course you would have liked to hear mares talking about dresses and stallions." she chuckled again, her friends only greeted him to acknowledge that he had arrived as they continued going through dresses, although at this point it seemed that only Golden was yet to choose one, but unlike for others, it was less about looks to her, since she couldn't see, and instead she just wanted something that was comfortable to wear. Sunlight then whispered to Dynamo with humorous tone "And I finally understand why you stallions hate going shopping, it's awfully boring when you aren't getting anything for yourself." she was clearly joking, but it was partly true too.

Jade:
"I'm not that familiar with what each flower represents, my knowledge limits to things you can find from books. And I haven't yet found a book about those things."
Jade admitted "But I admire your goal to make ponies happy....Equestria really would use more ponies like you."

"Ah, so you condense water from the air into clouds." Jade concluded "That's actually a pretty clever way to use your pegasus magic to take care of your flowers." he had never actually thought about that, not that he had ever wondered how to water flowers either but that was besides the point. "I guess it's my turn then." he then said "My talent is very simple to explain really, memory, my memory is my talent, my sister shares the same talent, the only difference is that I can't for life of me understand information about magic while she as a unicorn understand it without problem."

He had noticed the lessening stuttering when Dew got into her explanation, but he didn't pay too much attention to it because it made sense to him. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo smiled with a nod as Sunlight had told him that he didn't miss anything important. "That's good to hear. I was thinking we could go look around the mall a little bit more. Maybe see if they have a book that you'd be interested in at the book store." At the mention to the talk of dresses and stallions, he hummed at the idea. "Hmm...if it's a talk about stallions, then I hope I was in the conversation. If not, then I guess I have some tough competition then, huh?" He chuckled and shook his head at his joke. He nodded at the greeting from the others, but it looked like Golden was still trying to pick a dress that looked comfortable to wear. He held back a chuckle at the joke Sunlight was telling him, before leaning close to her ear. "It seems like someone has finally seen the light. Although, to be fair, I'm just as bad. It's the same way when the roles are reversed. I remember when I was younger, my mom took me to a toy store. I was torn between two different action figures that my mom was becoming bored." He joked, while bringing up a similar experience.

Dew Drop:
Dew had kept flying around to continue watering the plants, but she opened her eyes and turned her attention towards Jade. "I-I might have a few books if you'd like to borrow them. Maybe t-they might have some books in a library, or even a bookstore. T-There's many different kinds of flowers that may h-have multiple meanings, or even more than o-one meaning." She blushed at his praise as she shook her head. "A-Aw. That's really sweet of you. I-I would say that you're just s-saying that, but y-you don't seem like the pony to lie. I h-hope my talent will one day help p-prosper even more."

As Jade had given a brief summary of her abilities, she nodded happily. "You've got it all correct in o-one guess. Most Pegasus ponies j-just use one big cloud of r-rain. Sometimes m-most plants won't get the right amount of w-water necessary to grow and survive. Since Pegasus ponies a-are more attune to the sky, cloud making c-can be created m-more quickly." As she finished floating to the ground, she had listened intently on Jade as he explained what his talent was. She raised an eyebrow as she found the ability to memorize such a useful skill. "T-That's pretty amazing, if you a-ask me. I-I get how information on m-magic might sound difficult to understand. I've looked into magic books and the p-ponish type language looks different. I-I guess that's how d-different copies are made, or something c-close to that. I s-still think that having the m-memorization of earth ponies, Pegasus ponies and other creature history is p-pretty impressive." She says, becoming more and more curious about her potential new friend. "A-Are there other things that you like? Say perhaps your favorite c-color. My favorite would e-easily be green. I g-guess you can say I have a green hoof for gardening." She says, giggling cutely at her little joke. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"Sure" Sunlight simply replied to Dynamo's suggestion, for his joke she chuckled and commented "Only if you're competing for their attention." she pointed to her friends. she also chuckled at his joke and short story. Sunlight got the attention of her friends and said to them "I'll be going to look around a bit with Dynamo, I'll see you all later." she then after waves and such started making her way out of the shop.

Jade:
"I know for a fact that libraries on't have them, but some bookstore could have, and I would be more than happy to borrow few from you at some point."
Jade noted, he smiled at dew's response to his praise.

He again listened patiently what Dew had to say before replying anything "I don't really have a favorite color, because I don't see the point in choosing one." he explained "And for other things I like...well, it would probably be easier to say what I don't like, but the most notable things I like are probably flying and learning new things."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo smiled as she accepted the invitation. He couldn't help in chuckling at her comment, before looking at her friends with a nod. "While I will admit that they are pretty." He says, before turning his undivided attention over to Sunlight. "Marefriend or not, I would always still pick you every time, Sunny. Your beauty, personality, flair and charm are second to none." As they were making their exit of the store, Dynamo bowed to her friends, before standing up and waving at them. "It was really nice to meet all of you. I hope we can all hang out again later or some other time." He smiles, before opening the door for Sunlight as the two exited the shop. "They were a nice and interesting group of friends. It was great getting to finally meet them." He says, looking around him to see the other stores available to them. "Now to find that bookstore. I remember it was down past a few stores." He says, hoping that his assumptions were correct.

Dew Drop:
Dew had a look of awe as she listened to Jade's explanation. "Oh, I g-guess I must have mixed up some books. I think I went to the l-library recently to see if they had any books on flowers. W-When they didn't have what I was looking for, I remember s-stumbling up some tips for gardening." She smiled as she nodded about Jade wanting to borrow some books. "O-Okay. When it's time to leave, j-just remind me. I-I'd be happy to lend you some of the b-books I have." She says, almost frowning at what she had said. She knew they just met and might have been friends, but she felt somewhat saddened about him leaving. She didn't know why and chose to shake her head at the idea. 

Dew raised an eyebrow slightly at his favorite color, before nodding in understanding. "I-I guess that makes sense. I a-always imagined that a c-color always had a meaning of sorts. S-Such as red being about p-pasion and blue being about wisdom of s-sorts." She giggled softly at his idea of him listing things he didn't like. "I-If you did, then I might have an i-idea of what you do like. F-Flying is a lot of fun. Almost like y-you can distance yourself from the earth and e-enjoy the peaceful skies. M-Maybe we can go flying sometime. It's always nice to fly with a f-friend. As for learning new things, I-I can both like and respect that. Seeing how I like to learn n-new things when it comes to gardening and taking care of m-my flowers." 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight's friends gave their see'ya responses before turning their focus back to the dresses.
"I'm glad you think so, it would be a rather shame if you didn't get along." to his bookstore suggestion, she nodded "You remember right, let's go then" she then said, starting to head towards said store.

Jade:
Jade gave a curious look when Dew suddenly shook her head, but didn't say anything.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind going flying with you, in fact, I have never actually had anypony to fly with, because like stated earlier, my sister is an unicorn. And not only that, our friends too are two unicorns and an earth pony, and though the latter has a way to fly, being an earth pony she doesn't enjoy it that much." Jade replied, surprising even himself how enthusiastic he sounded

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo smiled and nodded in response to her remark. "It really would be a shame. They seem really nice and interesting in their own ways. I know everyone can't get along with everyone else, or see eye to eye. However, I try to give the benefit of the doubt. If they are kind, respectful and know what they want for the right reasons, then they're a friend in my book. However, it does help in getting to know the pony or creature first." He chuckled at the little book pun at the end. He nods once again as he sees the book themed logo for the store, before following Sunlight. "I wonder what kind of books they have. I want to say that it would be cool to have manga, but I wouldn't want to push my luck." He says, turning his attention to the orange mare next to him. "How about you? Is there anything that you're looking to find? I remember you said that there might be more fiction as you can't add more facts to the world." As they walked, Dynamo had glanced to the right to see the arcade still being in development. He suddenly stopped as if someone had frozen him solid on the spot. Soon, the nightmare he was experiencing from a few days ago was repeating itself all over again. Being trapped in the video game world with no means of help or escape. His face held nothing, but a neutral expression. In his eyes, however, were confusion, the feeling of being lost and fear. His hooves trembled slightly that most ponies couldn't see the trembling. It was as if he couldn't tell what was fantasy and what was reality. In that instant, everything had seemed so real to him. In a split second, he thought he had seen a figure right across from the gaming unicorn. However, the mysterious figure was just too far away to see clearly. 

Dew Drop:
As she patiently listened to his remark about flying, Dew couldn't help in raising an eyebrow. "R-Really? Nopony has ever g-gone flying with you? You seem l-like a really nice Pegasus to me, i-in my opinion. That, and f-flying is so much fun and enjoyable." She says, suddenly realizing a question she never got to ask. "B-By the way, I d-don't think I've asked this, b-but where are you from? I u-used to live in Fillydelphia for m-most of my life. Up until about two years ago, m-my family and I moved out to Manehatten." She says, suddenly surprised about one of his friends being to fly. Not only that, but they were an earth pony. "I-I never knew that an earth pony could fly. It j-just sounds almost impossible to believe. Although, I-I guess I can understand why s-she doesn't enjoy flying so much. An earth pony i-is more attune to the earth. Being away from your element s-sounds almost frightening." She says, taking note of how enthusiastic he was beginning to sound. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight just smiled to Dynamo's reply and pun.
"I'll just see if there's anything I haven't read, but if the unlikely happens and there's something factual I have not seen before then I will buy that for sure." Sunlight simply replied. When Dynamo stopped, Sunlight didn't react at first, as she figured he just stopped to look at the arcade, but when he just stayed there, she looked behind her to see what's wrong, then walking closer. Seeing his eyes it didn't take long for Sunlight to know what was happening, she had no idea why it was happening, or what exactly he was going through, but as someone who was way too familiar with it, she recognized the distant look. "Dynamo?" she said as she poked him on the cheek, if that didn't break him out, she kissed him on said cheek, and if even that didn't break him out, she smacked him on the same cheek, something she didn't want to do, but knew would break normal ponies out of the state.

Jade:
"The fault is on my side really"
 Jade admitted "I used all my time worrying about my sister, so I never saw the effort to make friends with anypony else than out common friends." he explained. "We grew up in
Fillydelphia, then later in life we moved here, and now we live in Ponyville.". He shrugged at her comment about Lunar flying being hard to belive "She flies with help of artifacts that create wings out of her earth pony magic, she can also use simple spells, it also works through an artifact."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad: 
Dynamo thought he felt someone poking his cheek, but he was too lost in his thoughts. As he felt the kiss upon his cheek, he gasped as life had return to his eyes. He looked to the source of the action to see Sunlight, who seemed to have looked worried. At first, he had a deer in the headlights look upon his face. After taking a deep breath, he sighed and gave Sunlight a kind smile. "Oh! I-I'm sorry about that, Sunlight. What was it that you were saying?" He felt bad as he wasn't trying to ignore her. However, seeing that arcade had made him feel somewhat uncomfortable. It wasn't even the first time he had felt that way. 'What in Equestria is going on? That can't be just a coincidence.' He thought, shaking his head to try and not worry about what happened. "Come on, Sunny. Let's get going. We don't want to miss any interesting books in the book store, right?" He closed his eyes and smiled, before moving a normal, yet brisk pace to the library. The sooner he could stay away from the arcade, the better. He didn't want to worry or make Sunlight feel bothered about his problems.

Dew Drop:
Dew nodded in understanding towards Jade's explanation, before shaking her head. "I-I wouldn't say that it's your fault. Y-You were busy trying to make sure that your sister was t-taken care of. That's w-what I call being both a good friend and a g-good brother. S-Sometimes it's busy around here that I don't h-have the time and opportunity t-to make a friend. However, I-I feel as though I made a f-friend right now." She says, giving Jade a soft, yet caring look upon her face. "I-I wonder if we ever passed each other by in either F-Fillydelphia or Manehatten. P-Probably not, considering that I m-moved to Manehatten somewhat recently." She says, before smiling at the mention of Ponyville. "I-I've heard about that town. I-It's rather friendly, but also lively. I-I've always wanted to visit Ponyville at some point i-in the future. I'm guessing y-you're here with your sister on vacation?" She asks, while Jade explained how Luna was able to fly as an earth pony. "T-That's rather interesting. I-I know that earth pony magic enhances their strength, b-but I never knew that kind of magic c-could make artifacts." She says, twirling a piece of her mane with her hoof. "I-I wonder what it w-would be like to be able to use magic like a u-unicorn. I could imagine that g-gardening would be a complete breeze, in m-my opinion." She says, giggling sheepishly at the idea. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight followed Dynamo for a bit, but she then walked in front of him to stop him, taking a hold of his shoulder to make sure he didn't try to go past her "How long have you had flashbacks? why you haven't said anything?" her voice was firm but caring "And don't even dare to say that I don't need to worry about it." "If you think I'm gonna just ignore what just happened you're dead wrong."

Jade:
"But it is entirely my fault, and there's no reason to downplay it, it has been my own choice to not make even a attempt to make friends, and there's no reason to try to blame anything else."
Jade argued, and he really meant it, and he didn't mean it as a way to put himself down, it just was a fact and he didn't see a reason to not acknowledge it. "Even our potential friendship could have never happened if I had stayed in my hotel room like I first planned."
"I don't think we have, I have a good face memory and I don't remember seeing your cute face before." there was quick and faint blush on his face when he realized what he had said, but he tried to play it off by quickly replying to the next question "We came here for a work-trip but now we have done said work and are indeed on a vacation."

"I can't really comment on that, because like I said magic just goes over my head so badly, she has explained how exactly the artifacts work but I didn't really understand anything about it." he smiled at her wondering "We all wonder what we could do if we were other type of ponies, pegasus dream of magic and strength, unicorns wish for wings...but without the challenges we face with our limitations, we would never drive to become the best we can be."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
As Dynamo was walking to the bookstore, he was surprised as Sunlight had caught him off guard. What he didn't expect was for her to stand in front of him, while placing a firm hold of her hoof upon his shoulder. He was trying to move forward, but the hold she placed on him prevented him from moving. As he listened to her question, Dynamo had begun to feel more and more nervous. He could hear the firmness in her voice, but he knew that she cared. "I told you that nothing happened, Sunny. I'm okay and everything is fine. It's just...I just..." He stopped as he was trying to argue back. He knew it and it looked like she knew it. There was no way of him getting out of this situation. Even so, he remembered the same thing had happened to him and Starlight. He hadn't talked to her in over a month after losing his father. Doing so had almost costed his friendship with her. Even though they worked things out, he still couldn't help in worrying. He knew that if he didn't talk about this, then he might lose Sunlight forever. He also figured that she could tell when he was lying. "I guess I can never lie to you, huh? I'm not the best when it comes to lying, so I guess I should explain." He says, heaving a hearty sigh, before continuing. "It's not really flashbacks, but more like a vision of sorts. This had happened around a week ago. During the time when we arrived at the hotel. This was right when we were getting ready to head to the ruins, while you were fixing your mane." He says, recalling any details to the best of his ability.

"I was looking through my saddlebag when I stumbled upon my video game handheld. I picked up the device with my hoof and I felt like I was in that video game dimension. I don't know how or why, but I felt like I was all by myself there. As soon as the handheld fell, I was brought back to my senses. I guess I didn't tell you because that was around a week ago. That, and nothing else has happened to make that vision or image occur. I haven't even had any nightmares recently." That was true. Although, most of the dreams he had been having was nothing but a static screen. "As soon as I passed by the arcade, I felt my mind had gone blank. I honestly don't know why that happened, but that's truly all I know." He says, while only giving Sunlight the details she wanted to know.

Dew Drop:
Dew's ears fell as she heard Jade argue. She understood that he wasn't trying to put himself down, but she wanted to help her friend as best as she could. "I-I'm really sorry. I understand w-what you're trying to say. I-It's just that...I t-try to look on the b-bright side of things. I get that s-some things can happen for a reason, o-or it's by one's own choice. I-I guess I try to be optimistic and help others to f-feel more positive about themselves. So, I-I'm really sorry if I said anything wrong." She says, nodding at Jade's other remark. "I-I could imagine that we w-would meet somehow or some w-way. Fate works in m-mysterious ways." 

Dew's face blushed at Jade's comment towards her question. It was a quick, yet brief response. However, she didn't expect to hear the green Pegasus to call her cute. "T-Thank you. That's r-really sweet of you to say. I-I don't get to hear that a lot from other ponies or creatures. I t-think you have a handsome f-face, in my opinion." She says, nodding as her blush was starting to fade. "O-Oh, that's pretty interesting. W-Would it be okay to ask w-what kind of work it was? Also, h-how long do you think you and the others w-will be staying?" She didn't understand why she asked such a question, but she was hoping to at least spend some time with him. To her, he seemed like a nice pony who could provide some nice company.

The ebony Pegasus giggled and nodded at his statement on magic. "D-Don't worry about it. Sometimes, I-I can't understand the subject myself. I know what I do with gardening looks like magic, but i-it feels as if the ability i-is impossible to explain." She says, nodding at the idea of being a different type of pony. "I-I guess I've always wondered if I could be an earth pony. T-That way, I could be more a-attune to the earth. I feel a-as if gardening would be more refined and mastered. Although, I-I'll keep flying the skies any day. W-While using magic to hold a teacup or book is useful, I-I've seen other Pegasus ponies hold a book or tray with their wings. I-I guess that takes training as our wings are so frail. However, i-it seems like a really useful skill." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"Like I said, flashbacks, there isn't enough information to tell any details for certain, but it's clear you're going through something similar to what I went through at the market, I saw it from your eyes." Sunlight said, still with the firm but caring tone "And though two times isn't enough to be fully sure, especially if you don't remember what you saw or felt this time, for now it seems that games trigger a memory of the situation at the arcade." she looked Dynamo into his eyes "I don't know anything I could do at this point, but promise me that if anything even close to similar thing happens again without me noticing, you will tell me."

Jade:
"No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel like you did something wrong, I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't say it to criticize myself, but just stated a fact, like saying that grass is green." Jade shrugged at the fate comment "It really depends in if you believe in fate, I personally believe that we control our own fates through our decisions."

He just smiled awkwardly at Dew's response to his accidental praise. He was quiet for a second as he quickly counted the days in his head "It's just some information gathering, nothing too impressive, and we'll be staying bit over two weeks more."

"It's not actually that hard to carry things with your wings."
 He replied "I can show you someday, you'd be surprised how strong our wings are even without any exercise."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo was confused at first by what Sunlight had meant, but he soon realized she was talking about the pony they ran into in Ponyville. "I guess you're right about that. Maybe there's something that's causing these flashbacks to occur. I can say that this hasn't happened before when playing video games." He noted, nodding slowly at her statement. "I know I'll have to deal with this dilemma at one point or another. I don't know how, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, I guess it's better to avoid games." He says, almost surprised by what he had been saying. He was a gaming pony, but having to avoid video games sounded crazy. As she looked into his eyes, Dynamo shook his head and offered her a soft smile. "You are doing something, Sunlight. You and I are talking about this. It's like how you and I talked about everything when you ran away to the hill." He says, leaning forward and pulling the orange mare into a hug. The hug lasted a bit longer than intended, but soon Dynamo had leaned away from the hug. "I promise that if anything happens, then you'll be the first to know." He says, hoping that these flashbacks would soon be over.

Dew Drop:
Dew listened closely, before nodding in understanding to Jade's comment. "T-Thanks for letting me know, Jade. I g-guess that I looked at everything t-the wrong way. When I s-see someone feeling down, I t-try to help them become h-hopeful and optimistic. I-It's never good to always f-feel doom and gloom. Y-You just need to let the s-sunshine in your heart." She smiled, nodding at the idea on fate. "T-That's true in that regard. S-Sometimes our cutie mark is our fate in what o-our destiny is in life. A-Although, I choose my f-fate on how to live my life, as well as m-make my decisions." She giggled at his idea of info gathering to not be impressive. "A-Are you kidding? I-I think it's impressive. Especially with how you c-can gather any and all info you're looking for. It really s-shows your hard work and g-great memorization skills. It makes you b-both handsome and smart." She says, muttering the last part under her breath.

The ebony Pegasus glanced to the side momentarily, before looking back towards Jade with a curious look upon her face. "S-Since you'll be here for a few weeks. W-Would you like to hang out s-sometime? M-Maybe grab a c-coffee, explore the town, o-or find an activity to enjoy in M-Manehatten? T-That's if you want to, that is." She became nervous as to her, it felt like she was asking him on a date. Even though they just met, she knew she liked being around the green Pegasus. She smiled and nodded at his offer. "I-I think I'd like that, Jade. I mean, I can pick up different object with my wings." She demonstrated by grabbing a nearby watering can with a wing. "I-It's not very difficult, but it's difficult to carry other heavier objects." She says, glancing behind her, before turning back to Jade. "Would you mind if I be right back? I wanted to give you the gardening books that you were interested in."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1