Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Artificial Love. (with Dynamo Pad)

Catpone Cerberus

@Dynamo Pad
Jade just nodded at Dynamo's explanation, and Sunlight's look mirrored Dynamo's thoughts, she clearly was also thinking that something wasn't right. The siblings walked with Dynamo and eventually entered the train. After they had seated up, Jade took out a map of Manhattan and showed it to Dynamo and Sunlight, pointing at places while he explained "So, the ruins are outside the city in this direction, our hotel is here, it was the closest I could get rooms from." it was mile or so away from the edge of the city "The train station is here, so we will need a Taxi to get to the hotel." "Any questions?"

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As the trio entered the train, they found whatever seats that were available. As the train took off, Dynamo looked around to see the train was a little crowded. "Huh. I guess everyone is going on vacation. That, or they're taking a business trip to Manehatten. Along with any other town that we'll pass by." He muttered, before noticing Jade bringing out a map of Manehatten. His eyes darted to where Jade was pointing on the map. He nodded at the locations and plans, while also trying to keep track of what was going on. "There's no need to worry. It's better than being far away from the ruins. It's better to take what we can get with the hand we've been dealt with." He says, before continuing. "It also makes sense that the ruins would be outside of the city. I'm not sure how the ruins were there, but it's like you both said. This took place in the earlier times, so there must be some significance." He says, shaking his head as he didn't really have any questions. "I can't really think of any questions at the moment. It looks like everything has been planned out." He says, looking back at the hotel, before looking over to Sunlight. "Is the hotel close to where your friends live? Hopefully, we can still get to meet them when we have the chance. Also, maybe I should leave you two alone. I remember you said you had something to discuss." He nudged her shoulder, before making exiting his seat. He stumbled around as the train jumped from hitting the bumpy tracks. He managed to find a seat on the far side of the train, so he could allow Sunlight to talk to her brother.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Jade just nodded to Dynamo's comments and Sunlight didn't comment anything. For Dynamo's question, Sunlight replied while Jade put the map away "They live few miles from the hotel." After Dynamo left, the quiet conversation between the siblings started, there really wasn't any too visible reactions from either of the siblings, since they were both purposely hiding them so their conversation would stay secret from everyone else in the cart. After 15 minutes or so, Jade got up and left the cart, while Sunlight visibly sighed and moved to look out of the window. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As Jade had put the map away, Dynamo could only nod at Sunlight's remark. "Okay. Is there a way we can contact them? Maybe we can plan a meetup at some point. Since we'll be in town for a while." He smiles, before making his way to another seat. He leaned off to the side, placing his arms on the window railing. He would occasionally look back at the siblings, to make sure that everything would be okay. He looked out the window and enjoyed the scenery that passed them by. After around fifteen minutes had passed, Dynamo looked back to see Jade getting out of his seat. He raised an eyebrow as he left the train cart, before the blue unicorn walked back over to his original seat. He sat next to Sunlight, who was looking out the window. He could see her reflection in the window, before he gently placed a comforting hoof upon her shoulder. "Is everything okay, Sunny? How did the conversation with Jade go? Were you able to find out anything from what happened last night?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"We'll see when we settle down." Sunlight simply replied. 

Sunlight kept her eyes outside as she replied "We came to the conclusion that it's something to do with emotions messing with the programming, but there's no way knowing if it's malfunction or if it's meant to happen. But there shouldn't be anything to worry about other than emotional overflow, which is basically what happened when we saw the neighbor, but with other emotions." " And for the rest of the conversation...." she sighed "....we argued..again."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo could only nod with a smile at Sunlight's statement. "Fair enough. It makes sense since we haven't gotten to Manehatten yet. I guess I'm just psyched because of everything we'll be able to do. At least when we get the main job taken care of first."

Dynamo frowned, but tried to keep a neutral expression as Sunlight didn't turn back to him. He could only assume that something must have happened in the conversation. As Sunlight went on to explain what the cause could be, the blue unicorn could only stay quiet as he processed the information that was given. "That does sound difficult on not knowing if this is malfunction or not. I want to say that it's probably meant to happen." He says, leaning close to her, so nobody near them could listen to the conversation. "Since you told me that you feel more like a pony after all the time we've spent together. Which would probably mean the programming must be making you feel more like what you've always wanted to be." He says, leaning back and nods, before continuing. "I've never heard of emotional overflow, but I guess that makes sense. I guess after everything we said to each other yesterday, it all became too much for your emotions and it caused you to fall asleep. Of course, that's all in theory, but it does make sense." He muttered, ears dropping as she told him that she and Jade had argued. "Is everything okay? What was the argument about? If you don't mind me asking or if you don't mind talking about it, that is." He says, not wanting to force her into saying anything that she didn't want to talk about. However, he knew it would be better to talk about things.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

"We can't know if it's meant to happen as long as we don't know what our original purpose is." Sunlight pointed out, she was also keeping her voice low "Everything could be going exactly like planned, or we could be going totally against what we should be doing." "And for the falling asleep, it might just be a failsafe going off, Jade goes unconscious when he is too angry."

"And the argument...I don't really know what it was about." she admitted "I just asked him about his unusual behavior, and he got annoyed. It just took off from there."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo sighed as he too, was stumped about this new development. "I guess it's a mystery until the moment presents itself." He muttered, crossing his arms and trying to think about what he was told. "I want to say that it's going against what you should be doing, but it's like you said. It's all speculation with not a lot of evidence to go off of." He says, uncrossing his arms as an idea came to mind. "Do you think you might learn something about Jade and yourself while you're on these trips? Maybe you'll stumble upon something that might be connected to your past." He whispers, wanting to give hope for both his girlfriend and her brother. He soon nods as Sunlight mentioned about falling asleep. "I could see falling asleep can be a fail safe. I remember seeing Jade getting angry when Cosmic and Frozen were at the arcade. However, I guess he wasn't really angry to go into unconsciousness." 

The blue unicorn looked to the ground as he was told about what the argument was about. "I just don't get why he's been acting this way. Everything seemed fine in the beginning. Then it seems like he's becoming less responsive than normal. I'm still wondering how he has had less and less free time." He says, the same uneasy feeling had returned in his stomach. He wanted to give his opinion about what he thought might be wrong, but held the answer back as he didn't want to trouble his girlfriend. "A-Are you going to be okay, Sunny? Do you need a hug? My mom always told me that if you're feeling down or sad, then a hug would always make things feel better." He says, a look of concern was etched on his face. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad
"I find it very unlikely." Sunlight replied to Dynamo's suggestion that something about their past would come up "There's no way that ponies have anything to do with our existence, since we are far too advantaged to be even imagined by a pony in Equestria, so I have hard time believing that there would be anything about that in pony ruins. Only thing I can imagine that could happen, would be finding about us existing back then, which isn't impossible since we don't know our real age." To his comment about Jade's unconsciousness she replied "He was unconscious when we came out of that game, and considering that Frozen was also knocked out, I think it's safe to say that he had gotten mad then."

"He doesn't have less freetime." Sunlight claimed, sounding bit heartbroken "He's avoiding us, avoiding me. He just doesn't want to say it directly." she was still looking out of the window "I don't know if I'm going to be okay, I know I have said that disagreement is normal, and that everypony argues...but that isn't true." "We have never argued with Jade, we have simply been unable to argue, even in disagreement, which has been very rare since our ways of thinking is almost identical." "And Jade knows this too, that's why he left, he doesn't want to argue either, but he refuses to tell what's wrong."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nodded at Sunlight's remark, while shrugging his shoulders. "That's understandable. I was just thinking it would be nice if we found something that would relate to your past. It would be pretty cool, in my opinion. While it might be unlikely, it's not impossible. So, you never know." He says, nodding as she told him about how Jade had lost consciousness. "I guess I was exhausted from fighting Cosmic that I almost didn't notice. Frozen did look a little roughed up, so I see what you mean."

At the mention of having less free time, Dynamo had a look of confusion. His ears fell as he frowned from hearing how heartbroken Sunlight had sounded. "So, he was just lying to go around what's been bothering him. He has seemed to be avoiding us lately. True, he's hung out with us. Although, he's only there for a brief time, until he needs to leave." As he heard that she was unsure of being okay, Dynamo leaned over and wrapped his arms around her. He rested his head upon her shoulder as he pulled her into a hug. "I'm really sorry to hear that. I just don't understand why he won't tell us what's bothering him. It's never good to keep your feelings trapped inside your heart. I just...I don't honestly know. I just hope that everything will turn out for the better. You two don't seem like the type to argue about anything." He says, glancing towards his girlfriend with a reassuring, yet hopeful look in his eyes. "Never forget that I'm here for you, Sunny. Just like how I'm there for Jade too." He says, pulling back from the hug and looking back towards the floor. 'That's if Jade wants to ever talk about anything.'

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Sunlight stayed quiet keeping her eyes towards the floor, it wasn't until after there had been a short silence between her and Dynamo she spoke again "I just don't understand, I know enough to what type of things such behavior usually is caused by, but none of the options make sense." "I don't mind Jade avoiding me necessarily, it could be for example him just wanting to be in peace so he can decide what he will do with his life or something, but I'm worried because he doesn't tell the reason why he's avoiding me, he doesn't even admit he is. " "That's just not like him." she sighed "Maybe he is right though, maybe it is better if we try to avoid any unnecessary contact with him, neither of us seem to be happy to see each other after all."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo kept quiet as he didn't really know what to add. He could tell that Jade wasn't acting like himself, but not on the level of avoiding him and Sunlight. 'It...can't be because of me...is it?' He thought to himself. A seed of doubt was beginning to plant itself into his heart. He closed his eyes, trying not to show any signs of worry to make anyone on the train to be concerned. He wanted to talk to Sunlight, but he didn't want to bring his troubles into this. He was broken out of his thoughts as he heard Sunlight's remark. "I guess he is trying to avoid the question because he might not know what's exactly wrong. I've only known Jade for a few days, so I can't really say I know how he acts in one way or another. I guess there's no way of knowing, until he wants to talk to us." He mutters, nodding in agreement as he turned to face her. "I guess that would be for the best. It will be somewhat awkward when it comes to finding the information in the ruins. Hopefully, we can get the info and be on our way. It sounds like you two just need some time to figure things out in your own ways." He says, before continuing. "Just let me know if you ever need to talk to me about something that's on your mind." He says, looking past Sunlight to see the outside of the train. "It looks like we'll be arriving in Manehatten soon."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"The working shouldn't be effected too much, we tend to sink into our own minds when we read." Sunlight assured, though she meant it mostly to herself "I'll just leave him alone and he can come to me if he has something to talk about, I just hope it isn't permanent." she turned to look out of the window again, humming in agreement when Dynamo mentioned that it wouldn't take long until they had arrived to Manehattan. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nods as she explained how she and Jade worked in their field of research gathering. "That's good to hear. I'm guessing it's to look at the ruins, gather the information and retain said info. That way, it'll be remembered more easily for when you have to give the Princess what she was looking for." He says, nodding at what the plan might be. "That sounds like a plan. It's the same for me in that regard. I want to talk to him and help him through whatever he's going through. However, I can't force him into saying anything. So, it's wiser to wait and hope that things can become better. I hope whatever he's going through isn't permanent either." He says in agreement. As the town of Manehatten was starting to come into view, he could hear the announcement that they'd arrive in a couple of minutes. He levitated their bags off of the glove compartment and over to them, before looking around to see if Jade would return. "I hope he has his bag with him. I'd hate for him to forget something or miss his stop as we exit the train." He muttered as he waited for the train to arrive and make a complete stop. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"He has, he only took saddlebags, since they are easiest to carry for a pegasus." Sunlight simply replied as she got up stretching her legs a bit "And he will most likely be waiting for us outside, since he knows he needs to lead us to the hotel. Just don't say anything about what we talked about here, I don't want him to start arguing with you too." she balanced her suitcase on her back again waiting for the train to stop, she would then follow Dynamo outside, and as expected, Jade would be already waiting outside. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nodded as the train came to a halt. got up and stretched his legs. "I guess that's pretty convenient since that won't slow a Pegasus down as they fly. I'm guessing we'll be walking to the hotel or taking a taxi?" He guessed as he started to make his way out of the train car. "I understand and no worries. I'll just act like everything is normal. After all, we're on a mission and then we'll be on vacation. Even though a lot has been going on, I still want to have a nice vacation with my friend and girlfriend." He says, glancing behind him to give her a smile. As he stepped out of the train, he kept looking behind him to make sure that Sunlight was not left behind. He then turned forward to try and avoid bumping into anyway. He saw Jade was waiting for them as he reached over to his friend. He then balanced his suitcase on the ground to wait and see what the plan would be for traveling. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Jade said we would need to take a taxi, so I guess we take a taxi." Sunlight simply replied.

"There you are, let's go before all the taxis are full" Jade said when the couple reached him, he then started walking out leading them to where all the taxis were waiting and jumped into one. Sunlight just shrugged saying to Dynamo "I guess we take that one." and levitated her suitcase in the trunk before joining Jade inside. When the taxi took off Jade spoke again "We have few hours to settle in at the hotel, we are expected to arrive to the ruins around three o'clock to see the situation, so we need to leave the hotel sometime after two, but besides that there isn't any time limits so after that we are free to do what we see fit."

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo glanced back to Sunlight as she told him of their way of transportation. "I guess we're pretty far from the train station to the hotel. The same can be said when it comes to the hotel to where your friends live. So, I guess the taxi is the way to go." 

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Jade calling out to them. His ears then fell as he felt that Jade was being rude, but sighed and decided to follow his orders. He thought that they needed to get to where they needed to go, in order to prepare for the ruins. He looked over to see the green Pegasus leading the way, until he jumped into an available taxi. He nodded at Sunlight's response, levitating his suitcase into the trunk of the taxi, before taking a seat across from the siblings. As the taxi took off towards the hotel, Dynamo turned to Jade, who was discussing what needed to be done. "At least we'll have a few hours to unpack our belongings and be ready for the ruins. I know you said there isn't any time limits to gather the information. Although, its there a set time limit on how long we can be at the ruins. I can imagine it'd be difficult to work when it becomes nighttime." 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"It really depends on the ruins, but to my understanding these ones are still partly underground, so natural light isn't really a thing at days either." Jade explained "But if we don't get lights from the ponies at the site, I have few torches with me." "I personally will stay in the ruins until the work is done or I'm required to leave for some other reason, but you two can do how you see fit." he turned towards Sunlight "I assume we stay in our original plan of reading half of the library each? You focusing on the magic related books?" Sunlight nodded.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nodded as Jade explained the layout of the ruins. "I didn't think that the ruins would be underground, but I guess that's why they're called ruins. Although, I was thinking it would have been an abandoned building of sorts." He shrugged his shoulders, before continuing. "At least we'll be prepared, in case of needing any light to see." He says, nodding as Jade opted to stay until he found the information ."Just make sure to not overwork yourself. We wouldn't want to find that you passed out from exhaustion." He says, trying to be subtle on not bringing up anything that the siblings were artificial. As Jade and Sunlight went over their roles on the library, Dynamo tilted his head in confusion. "What should I do if I tag along? I understand that you'll each have one half of the library to look through. Although, is there anything that I can do to help?" He asks, wanting to help contribute since he remembered Sunlight telling him that he could be at the ruins. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"If you are doing a thing you like the most as a job, can you really overwork yourself." Jade commented "But no worries, I have prepared to be awake for several days." that being in form of snacks, since the siblings got energy from food and if eating enough, it would replace their need for sleep. Jade just shrugged at Dynamo's question, but Sunlight replied "You could move the books around, bring us new books to read and take books we have already read away, that would make everything go a bit faster, since we wouldn't need to stop reading to get more books."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo hummed as he thought about what Jade had said to him. He slowly smiled and chuckled slightly, while nodding in agreement. "I can't argue with that form of logic. It's the same thing when it comes to working at the arcade, or when I'm in a video game marathon. Sometimes you just can't help in losing track of how much time had gone by." His eyes widened at the mention of staying awake for several days. However, he had to understand that Jade was artificial. So, that meant he was capable of doing something that a normal pony might not be able to accomplish. "It'd be nice to stay away for that amount of time. I once stayed up for a little more than twenty four hours at the most. I think it was due to me trying to watch an anime marathon. I guess I don't remember on account of falling asleep in my chair randomly." He chuckled, while rubbing the back of his neck with his hoof. 

As Sunlight thought of what he could do to help, Dynamo turned his attention to her and listened to what she had to say. He smiles happily and nods at the idea. "I think that that sounds perfect. I'll bring the books and place them in a pile. One could be all the books that you read that didn't have the info you needed. At the same time, there will be another pile that will have what you're looking for. You just keep telling me when you need a new book, while I get the books and swap the book you are already using. That'll make everything run like clockwork. Thank you, Sunny. I look forward to helping to the best of my abilities." 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Jade nodded at Dynamo's first reply, and smiled at the second, Sunlight chuckled at his story of trying to stay awake.

"One correction." Jade cut in "There isn't any specific information we are looking for, our job is to go through every book regardless of what information there is. We aren't researching anything, we are there to just move the information from place to place, but instead of carrying books, we carry the information in our heads." Sunlight then spoke "Well need to see how we what's the best way move the books around when we get there, it really depends on what shape the books and the library itself are in."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo smiled as he heard Sunlight chuckling. Even though things may have seemed difficult after what Sunlight had told Dynamo. He was still glad to see that everyone could get a chuckle out of listening to each other's stories. Dynamo's jaw dropped to the floor, while he had a dazed look in his eyes. Just the thought of having to go through every single book didn't seem like the easiest task in the world. "So, instead of finding the most important books. We're going to have to go through each and every book in that library?" His question was answered as they were trying to gather any and all info from the ruins. "It sounds like we'll have to find a good method of where the books will go. I also didn't think about the shape of the book or how big the structure of the ruins are." He says, leaning his back against the seat of the taxi. He sighed and shook his head with a smile. "Oh, well. I guess it can't be helped. It could be worse. It could be an all night study session for a final exam." He shuddered, remembering about tests he took in school. "At least we'll be working as a team, so the task doesn't seem too daunting." He says with a smile, before looking out the window to see if the place they'd be staying would come into view. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"That's what our job is." Jade simply replied "And it's really only you who sees the task as daunting." Sunlight cut in "Jade is right, we like reading and learning, so for us it's exciting if anything." "And remember that you don't have to do anything, you aren't getting paid like we are, so you don't have any obligation to help us if you don't feel like it." her tone was kind, but she meant what she said, she might have not gotten along with Jade at the moment, but some things weren't based on opinion.

• Brohoof 1