Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Artificial Love. (with Dynamo Pad)

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo tilted his head to the side in confusion as he listened to what Jade had to say. He soon smiled and shook his head as Sunlight cut in. "Oh, no. I don't mean it like that and trust me. I like reading, as well. Although, sometimes I do tend to read a lot of fanfiction." He chuckles sheepishly, before continuing. "I guess having to go through an entire library instead of just a few books sounds insane. I guess, in a way, I can see this as a challenge. Who knows if I ever had to go through an entire library to find all the information needed. Granted, I could use a glossary, but still. " He nodded in understanding at Sunlight's remark. "I know what you mean. I'm not getting paid like you guys are, but it doesn't mean that I can't help out. It feels better to work together as a team on tasks like this. Also, it's pretty interesting to know that there's something in town that's not theater, fashion, or anything else that's the norm. Besides, knowing me, I'll probably get lost when I'm on the streets of Manehatten." He chuckles and shook his head at the possibility. "So, I guess you're stuck with me on the ruins expedition whether you like it or not." He smiles softly as his mind was made up. He would put his best hoof forward and do his best to help.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Just don't overwork yourself, it's not good for anypony if you risk your health because you want to help." Sunlight reminded "Wouldn't want to spend the free time after that in the hotel because you've fallen ill now would we." Jade cut in "We are soon at the hotel, it should come to view soon, ah, there it is." he pointed at a building, it looked to be a medium quality hotel, meaning that it wasn't one of those hyper expensive fancy hotels, but it wasn't a cheap one either.  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nodded with a smile as Sunlight reminded him of not overworking himself. "Okay and I promise I won't work myself into exhaustion." He says, chuckling at her comment, while playfully rolling his eyes. "Now falling ill and having to stay in the hotel for the whole vacation wouldn't be fun. Plus, I still want to find out what that surprise it." He says, playfully smirking at Sunlight. He soon blinked as Jade informed him of the hotel was coming up. The blue unicorn looked out the window to see the building in question. "The hotel looks really nice. It looks like the kind of hotel I went to when I traveled to Baltimare once. It was a regular and kind of fancy hotel, but not too fancy." He noted as the taxi began to pull up to their hotel. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight smiled at Dynamo's comments and both of the siblings nodded to his remark about Baltimare and the fanciness of the hotel.

Jade let the trio to the reception and got the keys of the rooms before leading them to elevators, "You have the room number 308." he explained, giving a key to both Dynamo and Sunlight "I'll be in 309 which is next door."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As the taxi came to a halt, the group exited the vehicle and made their way to the hotel. As Jade lead the group in the building, Dynamo looked around to see staff busy at work. They were quickly taken in and given their keys to their respective rooms, before being ushered to the elevators. Once the elevator climbed to the third floor, the door opened for the group to enter the hallway. He walked behind Jade as he lead them to the rooms that were booked. The blue unicorn nodded as Jade told them which room they'd be staying at. "Thanks for letting us know Jade. At least we'll be next door in case we need to reach each other." He noted as they reached their destination. He used the key to open room 308, before allowing Sunlight to enter the room first. As he entered the room next, Dynamo looked around to take a good look of what the room was like. 

He noticed that there were a couple of lamps, a TV, a closet for clothing, a bathroom, a chair and two beds. "It looks like the standard setting for a hotel room. It's like a home away from home, if you ask me." He smiles, placing his suitcase next to the chair and dived onto the bed. He bounced a few times as his back hit the mattress. He chuckled, before the bouncing came to a halt. "This bed isn't half bad and it's pretty comfortable." He says, looking up to Sunlight, while he still was lying on the bed.

@Dynamo Pad
Jade disappeared into his room.

"We'll just need to move the beds together and it will be good." Sunlight replied, putting her suitcase on the empty bed and sitting next to it, then falling on her back on the bed, levitating what looked like a map from the closet to her and looking at it "It seems there's a pool nearby, it isn't on the hotel's lot, but apparently it's their property, meant for visitors of the hotel." "There's also an arcade and several different restaurants around"

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo turned his head to Sunlight, who was sitting on the other available bed. "Hmm...I believe the beds can be moved. At least we have magic to make pushing the beds a little easier. Although, since we fall asleep together back home. I thought the same can be said when it comes to being on vacation." He says with a fake pout. He soon chuckled and nodded, before continuing. "I guess I can't complain. Putting two beds together means we'll have a lot more space to fall asleep." He smiles, before noticing a map being levitated over to the orange unicorn. As Sunlight explained what the hotel and the surrounding area had to offer, Dynamo sat up and got off the bed. He made his way over to Sunlight, resting his head on her shoulder. "It looks like this hotel has a lot to offer from the looks of it. Maybe after we're done going through the ruins, we can plan on what we want to do. I'll always take the arcade, but maybe we can save that option for later." He says, looking at the map and trying to memorize the locations. "The pool sounds like a lot of fun and it's pretty nice out to go swimming. That is, unless it's an indoor pool." He shrugged his shoulders, before continuing. "Sounds like the restaurants have some variety. Maybe I'll get an idea of what you're thinking about on this surprise. At least I brought my dress clothes for a restaurant." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"It's outdoor pool, I have went past the place, there is inside pool too but it's only for winters." Sunlight replied "And don't worry, this map won't spoil the surprise, nothing about it is marked in it." she grinned "I have planned everything so you won't know before it happens, after all, I know everything that there is to know for non-Pinkies about surprises." "Or everything in general." she chuckled. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nodded as it seemed like the map had indoor details about the hotel itself. "That's good to know and somewhat surprising. The hotel is not too fancy, but it has a touch of fanciness to it. Either way, it's still pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to these next couple of weeks." He says, nodding as he took his head off of her shoulder. "I'm still going to guess, you know? I'll try to figure it out one of these days." He says, a look of determination was etched onto his face. He raised an eyebrow at the mention of Sunlight planning everything. "You have everything planned? It sounds like you have something planned up your sleeves. Only...you don't have sleeves, but maybe? I'm not too sure, but it seems like you are the next master of surprises." He chuckled along with her, before his eyes glanced from the right and left of the room. "Did you get any information about me from Pinkie Pie? Is that how you got this surprise all planned out? It all makes sense, given that Pinkie is rumored to have a super party pony planning cave." He muttered, trying to keep an even look upon his muzzle. He, however, couldn't keep the look up for long. So, he soon chuckled and shook his head. "Whatever the surprise is, I know I'll like it. It's because the surprise is from you and because I love you, Sunny. I'm just happy to be here with you and Jade." He says, pulling her into a hug and kissing her cheek. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight just smiled at Dynamo's determination, and chuckled at his sleeve comment. "No, I haven't gotten anything from Pinkie, and really, at what point would have I even been able to talk to her considering that we have been together the whole time since we met." that was true, there hadn't been time where the two would have been separate long enough for her to actually meet anypony without Dynamo knowing. She smiled again when Dynamo hugged and kissed her. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo looked up to the ceiling to think about what Sunlight had just told him. "Hmm...fair point. Although, you have to give credit to Pinkie. She can be everywhere and then nowhere. I've learned that when I first moved to Ponyville. I somehow got a party for no random reason. Soon after that, I was bombarded with questions from the pink party pony." He chuckled as he remembered his first day at Ponyville. He also remembered that he and Sunlight were never apart since they first met each other. If she had gained any info on Pinkie, then he would have known. "So, what's the plan for right now? Should we get set to go to the ruins, or do we have time? If so, should I know the rundown of yours and Jade's story? It's for when we have the eventual meeting with my mom."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

"I can relate to that, she really is something, and considering how much she seems to know, I really wouldn't be surprised if she knew about me and Jade." Sunlight chuckled "I haven't told it before, but she's who introduced me to the Sunshine cake, she just looked at me and guessed that I would like it."

"We still have around two hours, so I guess we can go it through." "Firstly our childhood and parents." she cleared her throat "We grew up in Fillydelphia, and we were neglected as foals, our parents were rarely home, and when they were, they didn't really give any real attention to us, thus we had to take care of each other, which is why we are so close and why we aren't in contact with our parents." "What else would your mother to expect you to know?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo thought for a moment, before nodding in agreement. "Pinkie seems to have a way with knowing every single resident in town. If she did know about you and Jade, then I can tell she wouldn't judge. That, and she would definitely keep your secret. I think she was the one to create the Pinkie Pie promise. Once a pinkie promise is made, then it can never be broken." He says, his ears perking as he thought he heard an echo of 'forever' being shouted. He chuckled at the mention of the Sunshine cake. "It seems like she has a sixth sense when it comes to treats. She's definitely an excellent baker of treats."

The blue unicorn looked to the clock that sat on the night desk. He saw that Sunlight was right about them having two hours to spare. He nodded as he listened intently on what the siblings story was all about. He frowned as even though the story was made up, it still felt sad on what the siblings would go through. "It's a sad story on how you two grew up, but it's a believable story for my mom. Knowing my mom, she'll bombard you with hugs and treat you like family." He smiles softly as he knew the caring nature of his mom. He hummed in thought about the question she asked, before shrugging his shoulders. "I guess she would ask likes, dislikes, dreams for the future, what you and Jade do for work. Along with how we met, then I don't think she would need to know anything else." He says, getting off of the bed and heading back to the bed he previously sat on. Using his front hooves and levitation magic, he pushed the bed slightly closer to Sunlight's bed. He found that the bed was slightly heavy, but not difficult to move. This was, due to the fact, that the bed was an air mattress. After a few moments, he managed to push the bed slightly, so the two beds could meet. He sighed, before slumping forward on the bed. "Whew. I thought the bed was going to be heavy. At least the jogging has helped me in building up stamina and strength." He chuckled with a grin.

@Dynamo Pad
"I know it's not the most cheerful story, but it's only way to stop ponies form asking about our parents, which is preferred because we don't have them." Sunlight said "And it is also closest to the truth that we can go." for Dynamo's reply about what his mother would expect him to know, she shrugged "You know those already, so they don't need any made up stories, just leave the parts that have to do with what we are out." She was going to offer her help with the bed, but figured that he would ask her if he needed her. "Good that you're seeing results." she said smiling.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nodded in understanding to Sunlight's remark. "That's true when you put it that way. Plus, it really shows that you and Jade have worked hard to get to where you are today. Your friends and I have also helped you into making you feel more like yourself, instead of what your really are." He says, raising an eyebrow at what he had just said. "Now that I think about it. That sounded a lot better in my mind." He chuckled, shaking his head as he sat up once more. "You're right, so I guess we've pretty much gotten everything taken care of." He says, nodding at Sunlight's comment about leaving what they actually were out of the conversation. "You have my word that she won't know. I know my mom would be surprised if she found out. Even so, I think she would accept you for who you are. I know I would do my best to make her understand." He says, looking to her with a soft smile. "My mom can be overprotective and be a worrywart. I guess it's because she worries about me after what I've gone through. Regardless, I would help her to understand because you're my girlfriend. There's really no other special someone that I'd rather have by my side. Although, my mom still won't know the truth. At least for right now. Maybe in the future, but still." He says, returning the smile with a nod at her remark. "It's because I've had a really great teacher to help me." He says, winking at her, before realization dawned upon him. "That reminds me. Maybe we can find some other routes to go jogging in Manehatten. If not, then we'll still go to those gymnasiums you were mentioning before."  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad
"The question isn't if she would accept us or not, is more about the risk of wrong ears hearing about it." Sunlight pointed out "Because even if there was 100 good ponies for one like our past neighbor, every single pony in that 100 knowing about what we are adds to the risk that the 101st hears about it by accident." she then explained "Think for example what could happen if somepony like Frozen or Clown would hear about it because somepony just happens to mention it when they are on hearing distance."

"There isn't any routes marked on this map, but it could be simply because they don't bring money to the hotel, we need an actual map of the area to know what there is."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo's ears fell at the possibility she had brought up. He knew the severity of anyone finding out their secret, but he didn't blame for how she was feeling. "You're absolutely right. Not everyone can be accepting and understanding in one way or another." He says, wincing at the mention of Cosmic and Frozen. "If those two knew, then we'd be in very big trouble. Those two can't keep a secret whatsoever. If they found out something that should never be known, then they'd tell everyone to ruin that individual. So, it's more important to keep things under wraps, then rather to let certain others know." He says, looking to Sunlight with an apologetic look upon his face. "I know I might not need to, but I still apologize. I know this secret is important, but I guess I never thought about this on a whole larger scale."

Dynamo nodded as she explained that there wasn't any routes on the map. "I guess the map only has places such as tourist attractions and where to visit. I can guess there's a map somewhere in town. Perhaps in a library or a store that has a guide." He says with a smile, before continuing. "Once we find a map, we'll figure out some routes for our morning jogging. Maybe we'll even find some places to visit along the way. I know you might still want to find a place to go clothes shopping." He says with a playful smirk.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight just smiled at Dynamo, she didn't feel like repeating the usual thing about apologizing, and Dynamo had said he understood he didn't need to, so she figured a soft smile would signal everything needed to him.

"I'm sure we don't need to go any further than to the lobby of this hotel to find better maps, and now that I think about it, it's possible that Jade has a map already, since he usually prepares that type of things pretty well." Sunlight replied "But that's not something to hurry with, since I believe that I we will spend the whole time we have work to do at the ruins, and it being in middle of nowhere, there's more than enough room to jog." she chuckled "And don't worry, I don't need any new clothes at the moment, but I do like nice jewelry." she returned the smirk..

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo looked to Sunlight, who smiled softly at him. He was starting to slowly understand that he didn't need to apologize. Seeing her smile helped him to realize that everything was okay and that he shouldn't worry. The blue unicorn returned the smile and nodded as no words needed to be said.

Dynamo nodded at Sunlight's comment about finding a map. "That's true. I guess some hotel lobbies might try carrying a map for any and all tourists." He says, chuckling at the mention of Jade having a map. "I'd be surprised if he didn't have a map. He's the type of pony to have anything needed for a convenience or situation. I guess we'll ask him later when it's time to head towards the ruins." He thought for a moment, before nodding in understanding at her remark. "That's true and I guess there's no rush to figure everything out. We're in Manehatten for a little while, so it's better to take everything a step at a time. Plus, one can't simply be prepared for everything." 

The gaming unicorn thought for a moment, before smiling at Sunlight's train of thought. "I never really thought of it that way. Being in the middle of nowhere would give us more room to jog around the area. You never know what you might find around the ruins, as well. At any rate, at least we wouldn't have to avoid other ponies on the road, while jogging on the sidewalk." He says, nodding as he liked her idea. He stayed silent as Sunlight gave him a hint about nice jewelry. "Hmm...I'll have to think about that, but I might have an idea." He says, trying to keep a neutral expression on his face. He soon chuckled with a smile, while sticking his tongue out playfully as she gave him a smirk. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight chuckled and poked Dynamo's tongue when he stuck it out "Just don't go and buy me some super expensive jewelry that I don't dare to wear because I worry it gets stolen." it didn't take a genius to figure out from Dynamo's words that he was planning to buy something, so she felt it needed to be said. She levitated her suitcase down from the bed and took a more relaxed position "I really hope everything goes well while we are here."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo blushed suddenly as she poked him randomly, but he soon smiled with a chuckle. As he listened to what she had to tell him, he smirked, before closing his eyes. All the while, he kept a neutral expression upon his face. "Now, I wasn't thinking of getting anything. I could've meant something else like a nice date, flowers, or anything else. It's all in your imagination." He slowly opened an eye and smiled softly. In truth, he thought it was a good idea to get her something nice, while they were here. He wasn't the best when it came to surprises. However, he thought he could try to play the fool to keep Sunlight in suspense. He stayed quiet as he understood her hopes and worries. He soon smiled and placed a comforting hoof upon her shoulder. "I think everything will definitely go well. We're here together and we'll make lots of memories. Once we get everything done at the ruins, then we'll enjoy our vacation." He says, trying to reassure her. 

@Dynamo Pad
"Don't lie to yourself, you're not a good liar." Sunlight chuckled.
"I know." Sunlight said sighing "But bad memories stick like a glue and they tend to sink the good ones under them, even slightest reminder can bring them to top, and it's only made worse when you can't forget anything."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo pouted as she had called him out on his plan and cover up. "Was it really that obvious. I'm not really one for lying, unless it was believable. I can't make a lie to save my life. I guess it's because I'm afraid of running into Applejack. Now that's someone, who's impossible to lie to." He says, chuckling along with Sunlight. After catching his breath from his fit of laughter, Dynamo frowned, while lowering his eyes to the bed. "I understand. There are certain times in which we wish to forget. Sometimes sad memories and some horrifying memories. I can relate as there are some memories that I've gone through that I would like to forget." He shook his head, remembering what happened to his dad and the incident with Cosmic and Frozen. He soon looked up to gaze into her eyes. "Even if that's the case, I wouldn't say that the good memories have sunk. True, the bad memories will always be there. Whether they can be unforgotten or not. Even so, I know that the good memories will always outweigh the bad." He says, before continuing.

"I've been where you've been, in a way. I've always been bullied by others. Ridiculed for not using magic or getting my cutie mark early. There were times the other students used physical and mental violence to prove a point. Even when I lost my dad, I honestly felt like I was lost in this world. However, I remembered that I still have some good memories and things in life that help me to outweigh the bad things. I have my mom, my old teacher, Starlight, my enjoyment of video games and anime, and most of all, you." He says, while placing a hoof over his heart. "When I met you, I felt my world was given a light to shine through darkness. You helped me to realize that there is more to life and light that meets the eye. True, there may be bad times here and there, but it shouldn't mean that hope is ever gone. I know that you have Jade, you have your friends, what your passionate about and me. No matter what happens in the future, I can promise and assure you that I'll be here. I'll always be with you, so we can make many good memories to outshine the bad." He says, smiling softly with a nod from his statement. 

@Dynamo Pad 
"I know, but you have to remember what I am, and what my life has been." Sunlight simply replied "I appreciate your words, I really do, and I love you and are happy about it, but you have to remember that my memory doesn't work like yours does, that and..well, my only really good memories are from these few days since we met, everything else is closer to..neutral." "I remember everything, every place I have ever visited, every pony I have ever met, every choice I have ever made and why I made it, I even remember every single word I have ever said, so to be able to have some kind of order in my mind, I remember through triggers, I see my friends, I remember the things we did with them, I see you, I remember what we have done, I hear a question, I remember things I know about the topic, I arrive at Manehattan....I remember things that happened here, good and bad." "And when new memory is formed, it doesn't overwrite anything, it doesn't push anything aside, it just sits there waiting to be triggered by something relating to that topic." she sighed "What I'm trying to say is that, while you can escape to good memories when bad ones come up by thinking about them, I can't, I need some outside source to remind me about them."

(I'll try to start using colors to make it bit easier to read Sunlight's dialogue)

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo had stayed quiet as he listened to what Sunlight had to say. At first, he was stunned as he had felt he had said something wrong. As she spoke, the look in his eyes softened as he listened to her reasons. He didn't really know what to say. What even could he say. He wanted to apologize, but he realized that there was nothing to apologize for. If he randomly said sorry, then he felt that he would make things worse. He closed his eyes and softly sighed. "You're right. I guess I can't really understand what that's like, or what you're going through. It's just...I'm treating the situation that you're like a normal pony. I know you don't like talking about your true self, but I try to not bring anything like that up. To me, I accept both you and your artificial form." He whispered that last part as he was afraid that he could be heard. "I know certain memories that are bad can't ever be forgotten or suppressed. However, I wish there was a way for me to help." He slowly opened his eyes to look at Sunlight. "I remember you told me that you went through some things in Fillydelphia and Manehatten, but you still came here. I know it was for a job, but it must have been nerve wracking to return to Manehatten." He says, moving over to her and sitting next to the orange unicorn mare. He could only stare at the wall that had the light switch. "I know I can't just say that everything will be just fine. We all have something we don't like, or something we've gone through that's troubling. However, I do want to promise you something." He says, turning his head to look at her in the eyes.

"I want to just be with you and have a lot of fun in the city. I didn't want to just go to give myself a vacation. I wanted to go with you and help you with the ruins. Once that was done, I wanted to spend time with you and plan activities together. Since we've been together, I've enjoyed spending all this time with you.Not a day has gone by where it's never been boring. If I knew what the triggers were that caused these sorts of things, then I'd do my best to avoid any bad things. True, that sounds crazy and impossible, but I want to try and give you a great vacation." He says, smiling sheepishly at what he had said. "I guess I try too hard when I have an idea in mind. I guess I want to try and help others who are sad, down or worried. To help reassure them that everything will be okay, so that they can look towards a bright future."

• Brohoof 1