Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Artificial Love. (with Dynamo Pad)

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"I understand. Truth is always a part of trust. If there's any sort of lie, then it just ruins any sort of chance to gain that trust back. So, I guess my mom not mentioning anything is technically a good thing. I'm guessing when you said the truth about us was more towards you and Jade, right? Considering not many ponies or creatures should know about said truth...?" Dynamo responded, fully knowing the risks of anyone knowing Sunlight's and Jade's secret. The less others knew, then the better chance they would have to stay safe. "...I guess, but I've grown up in this town for my of my life, so far. To be honest, I've seen a building or two change every so often. I'm just surprised so much has changed with the time that's gone by..." As he looked around, Dynamo's eyes widened as he saw what they were looking for. With a smile, he turned to Sunlight with a smile as he pointed towards the building. "...Hey, look! There's the arcade. I'm glad that hasn't changed a bit. Let's go check it out. I still have someone to introduce you to."

Dew Drop:
"I can only imagine how coding can be a difficult subject. Even with a cutie mark that goes along with plants, I found that it still took me some time to get a good grasp of the subject of botany..." Dew stated, tilting her head slightly as she listened to Jade speak. While she couldn't see his facial expressions. The tone in his voice sounded uncertain of something. "...I can see where you would go with that form of logic. It's good to know, but it's better to not know. Considering that you wanted to be a regular, ordinary, everyday pony. Instead of feeling that you're something you're not..." She walked over to Jade and tentatively placed a comforting hoof upon his shoulder. "...I don't think you're fake Jade. Whether it's true or not, it still doesn't matter to me. I like you for you and you've been so kind and caring. To me, I got to meet the real you. No matter who or what anypony says, or no matter what we learn. This is the real Jade Soar standing right in front of me." Dew knew that if there was anything that Jade needed to say, she would try to make sure to always be there for him.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight nodded when Dynamo asked if she meant her and Jade with 'us'. "We don't notice a change as easily if it happens around us, or well, those with normal memory don't notice. That's why when one is growing up, there may be times when somepony comments for example about how big one has gotten after not seeing them for a while, while the pony being commented on doesn't feel they themselves have changed that much. It happens because when you see the change happening , you get used to the new norm every time you see it, but if you don't see the progress, you can easily tell the difference." she just nodded at the arcade comment, following Dynamo. 

Jade:
"I understand, but for me the problem isn't what others think about me, that's more of s Sunlight's thing, it's what I myself know..."
Jade said with a faint smile "...I can't really explain it, as what I feel has to be felt to be understood, but it's like a contradiction in your mind, you know it doesn't ultimately matter, yet you can't stop thinking about it..." "...and don't get me wrong, I'm fine with myself, I don't dislike myself or anything, it just is this reminder that always is there, the reminder that ultimately I'm just a machine build by someone or something..." he looked towards the sky "...we once spoke about it with Sunlight, and she brought up something that I have lately thought about...if I could change or remove a memory, what would it be, and I think I have my answer....I would make it so that instead of knowing what we are, we would think we are just some weird species." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:

"I suppose with how change can happen over time, it isn't very noticeable when having photographic memory. If you haven't seen a certain individual for some time, then I can see what you mean on the growing up aspect. The same can be said for being told if someone became more handsome and pretty after not seeing someone for a while. Even though the one being commented on doesn't feel that way. It's happen to me, while I feel like I'm pretty average. I get that change takes time and that it doesn't happen overnight, but I didn't think it would be easy to get used to the new norm..." Dynamo responded, finding it fascinating to hear Sunlight's thoughts on change. As they made their way up towards the arcade building, Dynamo held the door open for Sunlight to pass through. After making his way into the arcade, he looked around to see that some things hadn't changed. At the same time, a few things had seemed different, but it was the arcade he knew and loved. "...This takes me back. One thing that can make me feel nostalgic is where I began my roots as a gamer..." He sighed with a smile, while a pony had taken notice of the voice. "Well, if it ain't Dynamo Pad. I didn't expect to see you again after all this time..." The pony, who was the owner of the arcade, made his way around the front counter to meet up with Dynamo and Sunlight. The blue unicorn gasped in surprised, before smiling and running up to the elder pony. "...Mister Pinball It really is you!" He grinned as he hugged Pinball, who returned the hug.

Dew Drop:

As Dew listened to Jade’s reply, she gave him a sort of sympathetic look. “While I might not be able to relate. I feel as if I could understand how you feel. It’s like a voice of doubt in the back of your mind. Always trying to give you a sense of doubt or worry over something. It’ll always be there right next to you. If you let it stop you, then it’ll stop you from being yourself. ..” “...I understand that your an artificial pony, but I still see you as a pony. No matter what you say, my opinion won’t change...” She blinked as Jade looked towards the sky. “...I never knew you and your sister talked about something like that. If you asked me, then I wouldn’t really know what to change. I guess thinking changing that memory would help put your mind at ease. It would probably make you fit in more easily in society. Where there wouldn’t be worry if other ponies saw you in your artificial forms.”

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"New norm wasn't necessarily the best choice of words, basically my point was that if you see a building being build, you get used to the little changes that happen during it, and thus the change isn't as extreme."

Sunlight gave a greeting nod to Pinball "So you're Pinball, Dynamo has told about you. I'm Sunlight, Dynamo's marefriend." she gave a friendly smile, and if the two had backed away from the hug at this point, she would offer her hoof for a shake.

Jade:
Jade just nodded. "But well, it is what it is, and between me and my sister, I handle it lot better, though now that she's with Dynamo, she too is getting more happy with what she is." she smiled at Dew, but he then seemingly remembered something and turned to look towards a forest that was nearby, only to have his eyes widen in curious surprise. If Dew was to pinpoint the spot Jade was looking at, she would be able to see several small creatures looking at them in the distance, they were too far for either of them to be sure what exactly they were, but they moved very cat-like. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"Oh, I see. That's a better way of putting it. I've seen a building in town being built over time. So, I've seen little changes that happen during it. I'm okay with changes from time to time, but I'm not a big fan of so much change at one time."

As Dynamo backed away from the hug, he smiles as it looked like Pinball hadn't changed a bit. He was an earth pony with a brown coat a fur. a mix of yellow/gold/gray for his mane and tail, and wore glasses. "It's good to see you again, old timer..." Pinball's eyes widened, before furrowing his eyebrows. "Hey! I'm not that old..." He stopped momentarily to roll his eyes. "...Okay, yes. I am old. Got to keep up with the classics of the retro games, after all. It's still good to see you, my boy..." He looked over as he heard a voice he had never heard before. "...Oh, well hello. You said you're name is Sunlight, correct. It seems like my student has talked a lot about me. You know my name, but I'll still say it to be formal. My name is Pinball Wizard and it's nice to meet you..." He returned the friendly smile and returned the hoof shake. He raised his eyebrows in alarm at the mention of being Dynamo's marefriend. "...Woah! Wait a minute. Stop the presses! You're meaning to tell me that my student had finally found himself a marefriend? Well it's about time! I was almost going to have a betting pool on when and if he would find himself a special somepony." He chuckled, while Dynamo gave Pinball a deadpanned expression. "...I'm kidding, but tell me. What brings you here to Fillydelphia, Sunlight? I'm guessing you're not from around here."

Dew Drop:
"I suppose it's a matter of opinions, but I'm glad you're able to handle it. I remember hearing that saying once, so it felt appropriate to say it now. It's definitely nice to hear that Dynamo was able to help your sister to be happy with what she is." Dew responded with a smile. As Jade turned to look towards the forest, the ebony pegasus looked to where Jade was staring. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she tried to pinpoint the exact spot within the forest. She soon saw several small creatures looking at the couple. She took a slow step back so as to not alert anyone or anything, but she wasn't sure what those creatures were exactly. To Dew Drop, the creatures moved very cat-like. "Uh...Jade? Do you have any idea what those creatures are? I thought we were the only creatures in this forest. Granted, I can imagine some creatures can take refuge within the area. It's just I've never seen creatures like that."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight chuckled a bit at Pinball's fake freak-out. "It really depends on what you define as from around here, since I have lived here in the past, but currently we are here to visit Dynamo's mother, and Dynamo suggested we would come to see you too."

Jade:
"My guess is they are some kind of felines, can't really tell from this far, but based on the size they may be cats..." Jade responded "...they probably live in the forest and are curious about us since we are standing in middle of a field..." "...but there's something quite curious about them, you see, I was going through my memories and noticed something I didn't notice back then, there was something watching us back then too, the same place, same small creatures, with one difference, there was also one that was the size of a pony. I can't tell any details as I only got a quick glance, thus I didn't notice them back then, but I feel like that's important..." he looked towards Dew "...would it be okay with you if we go check it out?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:

“Oh? You’ve lived in Fillydelphia before? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen you here before. I’m guessing that you’ve lived in a different part of town. It must be nice to visit your old hometown again...” Pinball looked over to Dynamo, who smiled sheepishly. “Oh, I see. So, Dynamo suggested that you’d both visit. I guess he didn’t think I wouldn’t notice. Wanted to visit me and see if I approve of a relationship...?” He raised his eyebrows with a questioning expression in his eyes. He soon smiled and chuckled, shaking his head as he saw Dynamo began to worry. “...Oh, there’s no need to worry. If you ask me, then I easily approve of your relationship. You both look pretty cute together....” Dynamo sighed, smiling and rolling his eyes. “...Thanks Mr. Pinball. You always one to joke around with everypony.”

Dew Drop:

As Dew kept looking at the feline creatures, she turned to Jade. All the while listening to his explanation. “I’ve heard of a feline creature from a place called Klugetown, but that’s very far away from here. I wonder how they have gotten here...” “...I don’t blame them for being curious about us. Considering we are in the middle of a forest. That, and they probably haven’t seen any ponies, or any other creature for the matter. I only hope they don’t think we are trespassing on their territory...” At the mention of something curious, she raised an eyebrow and continued to listen. “You’ve seen these creatures before? So, you think they are the same creatures? You said they were the size of a pony. Maybe that might mean something...” While she wasn’t sure about going over to meet them. She did know that Jade would be with her. So, it wouldn’t be as scary as it seemed. Making up her mind, she turned to Jade with a nod. “...I’m okay if we go to check this out. We should just take our time getting there, so as to not scare them away. We should try to show that we mean no harm.”

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight just nodded as a response to Pinball's first statement, and smiled to the rest of the conversation. After a moment of silence Sunlight said to Pinball "I know this is bit out of nowhere, but if I understood right, you had had trouble with Frozen, Clown and such at some point, right? Well, they got arrested, so they hopefully wont bother you in a while." 

Jade:
"I don't believe these one's are from Klugetown, after all, these one's don't walk on two legs..." Jade pointed out "...and I doubt they consider us to be in their territory, they clearly don't want to come to this field..." "...and no, I didn't say they were the size of a pony, I said one of them was, and I think that besides that one they are just cats, but well, soon we'll see." Jade would then start making his way towards the forest. 

As they got closer, it became apparent that Jade was correct, the creatures were normal cats, they just weren't recognizable due to the long distance. The cats didn't move until the two ponies got pretty close, and even then they only moved a little bit, as if they were leading the ponies somewhere. Jade looked at Dew before proceeding to follow the cats.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
At the mention of Frozen and Cosmic, Pinball could only sigh with a nod. "I wouldn't say that it's a bit out of nowhere, but I have heard about that. Word travels quickly in Equestria, but I didn't know you two were their targets. I'm sorry to hear about all of that..." Dynamo looked to Pinball with a sorrowful look, before nodding. "...It's okay Mr. Pinball. Cosmic and the others just didn't want to learn. They've had multiple chances to change, but they were just too stubborn. That, and it just seemed like they only wanted to have their revenge..." "...I did hear that those three had gotten arrested. I guess they'll have time to think about what they had done and calm down. Whether or not that's the case is something I don't know. They were always like this when they were younger, but I just thought they'd grow up as time went by. It appears that I was wrong and I hope you could forgive me. They were potential students, but I denied taking them under my wing. Given the fact that they had talent, but they didn't show the traits of what a true gamer was meant to be."

Dew Drop:
"Now that you mention it, I do see that these cats are somewhat quadruped..." Dew Drop squinted her eyes to see that Jade's description of the creatures was accurate. "...I wonder why they didn't want to show up in this field. Perhaps they know something about this particular area that we don't...?" "...Oh, so that's what you had meant. I didn't think there would be a cat that would be the size of a pony, but I'll take your word for it." She nodded as she followed Jade, who was making his way towards the forest.

Once the two got closer, it looked as if Jade's assumption was correct that the creatures they saw were cats. Dew had taken her time to walk, so as to not make the cats run away in fear. Dew looked at Jade, who had turned to her, before she continued to follow alongside him. While she didn't know where the cats were leading them or why. She did know that they would receive an answer soon enough.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"What's with everypony blaming themselves for everything? In case of those criminals, only ponies in fault are they themselves and those they see as their parents..." Sunlight put a slight emphasis on the word criminal to make sure that nopony started calling them bullies again "...they probably won't learn anything from all this, but at least they won't bother us for a while." 

Jade:
"It wasn't necessarily a cat, just something that looked and acted like one..." Jade acknowledged as they followed the cats "...in fact, I have heard rumors about a cat-pony hybrid being seen around Equestria, but nopony seems to know much about him."

(sorry for delay, was busy)

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"Oh, I'm not trying to blame myself, Sunlight. The truth is that I felt that I could have been a good teacher. Those three were regulars at the arcade. They just seemed to have enjoyed playing video games and card games. One day, they just decided to change. They couldn't take the idea of losing and felt that winning meant so much, while losing meant they would lose everything..." Pinball explained, while Dynamo nodded in agreement. "I remember that day. It was when I gained both my magic and cutie mark. Mr. Pinball was really nice and he showed me around the arcade. Just seeing the lights, the pinging sounds of the arcade machines, the atmosphere of everypony being competitive and friendly. It was such a change of scenery that it was almost welcoming to me. The fact that those three couldn't handle losing to me was the straw that broke the camel's back. I didn't care if they assumed of me cheating as I was just happy to gain my cutie mark and magic. They showed up every now and then and they just seemed so irritable..." Pinball sighed softly and shook his head.

"...There's no reason for anyone to blame themselves on this. I still regret that I felt as if I could have done more for them. Maybe to show them that enjoying the game was more important, but I guess there's no changing the past. Maybe some time is all they'll really need to help them to change..." He smiled once again as Sunlight was right. Pinball knew that it was better to live in the present and experience the good times. "...Now that's enough of the doom and gloom. Is there any games that you'd like to try out, you two? I remember hearing that you've been to the arcade in Ponyville, but I can only imagine you haven't seen the games that are available here. Not all arcades are the same, you know?"

Dew Drop:
"If there was something that looked and acted like a cat, then I would definitely assume that would be an actual cat..." Dew responded with a slight giggle, before blinking in surprise at Jade's remark. "...Really? I've never heard of that rumor before. Along with the idea of a cat-pony hybrid. The truth is, I've never really seen a hybrid of two creatures before. Unless you're talking about a manticore, bugbear or something else along those lines."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
sunlight:
Sunlight just nodded as she agreed with Pinball that it had been enough talk about the troublemakers. "I'll leave the decision for Dynamo, as I still don't know what games i would enjoy playing, but if there's any memory based games that need new high scores, I can do that." her tone was humorous, but she wasn't necessarily kidding, as she had to admit that beating somepony in a game felt nice, even if it wasn't necessarily fair considering everything. 

Jade:
"Well, like I said, they are rumors, so there's no way to know if they are true..." Jade pointed out "...though I'd say there has to be something true behind those rumors considering that everypony who has talked about it has had a similar story, because if it was all made up, the stories most likely wouldn't match." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"If Sunlight is okay with the idea, then I wouldn't mind seeing what new games are available. I think it'd be pretty cool to look around the arcade for old time's sake." Dynamo responded, while Pinball smiled happily. "Excellent! It's been a long time since I've had my student/apprentice work at this arcade. It just feels sort of different when some of my best customer's haven't shown up. They've all been working on their career's and/or moved on..." "...I do know that it's for the best. Everypony has their dreams and goals in life to follow. As long as they were able to learn a thing or two from playing video games, then that's all that matters. Speaking of which. You said memory based games? I did receive a new game recently that hasn't had a high score set. Do you know of the game, Simon...?" He began leading the two over towards the game in question. "...It's basically a four panel game that has a set memory pattern. It flashes a light pattern and you have to match. However, it seems like another game was added onto said game. If you know the game, Prance Prance Revolution, then you know where I'm going with this. It's sort of memory based, but it's also a game that looks as if you're dancing. So, if you want a challenge with a twist, then this game is for you." He grinned, arriving at the game station for the couple to witness.

Dew Drop:
"That's understandable, but sometimes a rumor can be pretty fun. It makes you wonder if a rumor is actually true, or if it's just been fabricated of sorts..." Dew noted, while raising her eyebrows in both wonder and curiosity. "...What truth was there in the story? You did say that those who talked about it had similar stories. I'm going to guess that bits and pieces of each story connects in one way or another."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight looked at the game "So it doesn't have a high score? Would it ruin the fun of others if there is a unbeatable high score as the first high score?..." it was genuine question, she was worried that she would ruin the new game for others by getting the score too high with her unnatural memory. "...my talent is memory you see" 

Jade
"Well, first is the description, 'some kind of cat-pony hybrid', a male. It has also been said there's several cats with him every time..." Jade explained "...apparently he also appears and disappears without any real explanation." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo chuckled as he listened to Sunlight's question, before shaking his head. "I wouldn't say that an unbeatable high score would ruin the game. Besides, I think it would be pretty cool. Considering that other gamer's can work up to the high score. Either that, or it could go down in history as a legendary high score..." Pinball scratched his chin as thought of a plan to make everything work out. "...Hmm...I think there can some sort of arrangement, or adjustment to the game. This game is fairly new. So, there really isn't a high score to the game. If you'd like, then I can set it to having two sets of high scores. One for any gamer to try and the other for you, Sunlight. That way, if anyone wants to try and beat your high score, then it's possible to try on different settings..." Dynamo grinned as he liked the idea to the plan. "...I think that plan sounds perfect, sir. It would give me a chance to see how far I can compete against Sunlight. Her memory is astounding. If she reads information from a book, literature or anything else like that, then she can recall it instantly. Also, I never knew there could be a different set of high scores..." 

Pinball chuckled, before putting a hoof to his lips. A way of trying to keep a sort of secret. "...Shh. That's basically a gaming trade secret. There's always a way to set up different high scores, but we don't usually have the need to set that up. However, given with how great your memory is. I can make an exception to this occasion."

Dew Drop:
"Well, at least we know it's a male that could possibly be the pack leader. Considering that you mentioned that several cats are with him every time..." Dew noted with a nod. At the mentioning of disappearing, she raised an eyebrow in both curiosity and confusion. "...He appears and disappears without any real explanation? Do you suppose he has some sort of way to teleport? Sort of like having his own kind of magic."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"If you are aright with it, I'm aright with it..." Sunlight said with a nod before turning towards Dynamo "...would you like to try first?" 
she wanted to have some kind of bottom score to beat because otherwise it would be pretty boring to make a high score. 

Jade:
"That's the first thing that came to my mind too, and it's also what everyone else guessed, but if it is teleportation, it's type of magic I'm not familiar with, because every way to teleport that I know has something to sense even if you aren't looking at the teleportation creature..." Jade  explained "...but ultimately all I can do is guess, since I personally am yet to experience his ability." 

They arrived to what looked like abandoned hut, and the cats that were leading them disappeared somewhere. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"Of course I'm alright with the idea. I'm the one who suggested the plan in the first place, after all. Besides, not many ponies and creatures have tried this game yet. It's better to give them an incentive to try and increase the high score of the game..." Pinball chuckled, as well as Dynamo, who turned the Sunlight with a nod. "...Okay and sure, why not. I suppose I can give it a go." He began to move over towards the game machine and hit the start button to activate the game. He would soon see the button prompts flash upon the screen, while giving him the indication to hit each button that was underneath his hooves.

Dew Drop:
"I don't know much about teleportation as I'm a pegasus pony. I do know that it takes a bit of concentration, while having a clear image in your mind. From what you've described, it seems as if it's a different kind of transportation..." Dew nodded as she gave her opinion on Jade's explanation. "...It's better to guess than not at all. A guess could be right, but it can be wrong, as well. Sort of like a hypothesis to slowly draw a conclusion. It's even rare that we are able to meet these creatures up close..."

As they arrived to what looked to be an abandoned hut, the cats that were leading the way had suddenly disappeared. Dew had looked around, but it was as if the cats had vanished without a trace. She wanted to ask if Jade could sense the ones that lead them, but the hut had been more of a concern. "...Hey, Jade? Have you ever noticed a hut in the middle of these woods before?" She remembered Jade explaining the location of where he and Sunlight had woken up. However, she wondered if the hut was there during that time, or if the hut was build more recently.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight observed as Dynamo played to see how the game worked, and also to see if his talent would help him in this kind of a game. She was also looking for any signs that indicated that the memories from the previous, less positive arcade moments were haunting Dynamo again. It was lot of small details to pay attention to, but for somepony who remembered everything, it was quite easy, since she technically needed to focus only on a one thing and the rest got printed in her memory. 

Jade:
"I haven't actually been into these woods before, all I have seen is the part visible from the field..." Jade informed "...though abandoned buildings in the forest are surprisingly common, they usually belong to ponies..or creatures, that just want to be left alone..." "...this one seems quite old." he then walked to the door and looked at it closely, before muttering to himself "Magical lock...it's active.." he then tested the door, and it opened "...weird...why would it open to me?" He walked in and started looking around, there was nothing too special inside, only some very old looking furniture and books. Jade started going through the books to see if there was anything interesting.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
As Dynamo began to play the memory dance game, he watched as each color patter would appear. It was a bit of a struggle as he wasn’t the best at memory games, but he was enjoying how fun the game was. He was being slightly cautious as he played. Worried slightly that any flashbacks would have appeared. What surprised the blue unicorn was that no bad memories or flashbacks had appeared. He wasn’t sure, but he wanted to chalk it up as the ring had drained whatever evil magic that took hold of him. 
after a few minutes had passed, Dynamo had stopped as he hit a wrong note for a final time. Signaling that his three chances to play were up. “Oh, come on! I thought I had the right note combination that time...” He sighed, before smiling and shrugging his shoulders. “...Oh, well. I can’t win them all. Plus, I don’t think I did that badly for my first attempt at the game...” He looked at the current high score to be 75 as his current best note combo. He stepped off of the game machine and held a hoof out for Sunlight. A way of him saying that it was her turn. “...It looks like you’re up, Sunny. Show this game and Mr. Pinball how good your memory is.”

Dew Drop:

”I suppose that you’ve known a pony and/or creature, or two, who live in these kinds of homes? It’s mostly houses upon houses, or buildings upon buildings in Manehattan. There’s not really homes like this outlet here in town...” Dew responded, still finding the random house to be oddly peculiar. Her ears perked as she thought Jade had said the door was locked by magic. She was about to ask if there was a way to look through the windows, but stopped as Jade had somehow opened the door. “The door just opened? I mean, how is that possible? Pegasus ponies have their own magic, but not to open a door...” She wondered if this house and Jade had some kind of connection. She watched as Jade had gone into the home, before hesitating.

She wasn’t sure if it was safe to walk into an empty house that was recently locked. what if the locked door being opened had set off some kind of alarm. Would the one who locked the door return? She started to panic slightly, before rushing over and making her way into the home. She looked around to see Jade, who was looking around and searching the available books on the bookshelf. “...Did you discover anything in this house yet, Jade?” She asks, taking a look around, as well.

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight walked to the machine and after clearing her head from any negative thoughts, she started the game. It was quickly obvious that the game wasn't hard to her, as there wasn't any hesitation in any of her movements, and depending on how the game worked, she either got the max score or just stopped out of boredom at quite a high score. 

Jade:
"Something feels off..." Jade said, sounding focused as he looked at the books "...I need to dig my memory a bit..." He then closed his eyes, staying like that for few seconds, after which he opened his eyes and picked up a book "...this one, the letters are bit off.." it was a book about animals, or at least the cover said so. When Jade opened it, he seemed surprised by something, if Dew was close enough to see the book, she would see there was writing that looked like it was somepony's journal, and if she was to look closer, she would notice that each word was either written in different languages or were seemingly just random letters or even numbers. "Someone wanted me find this." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
As he saw Sunlight step onto the machine, Dynamo watched as the game seemed second nature to her. Every button click seemed natural to advanced game play. Pinball’s jaw dropped slightly at how skillful Sunlight was being. He had seen talent in some gamer’s, but never at this level. As Sunlight stepped off of the game machine, Dynamo looked at the high score and grinned with pride. He wrapped his arms around sunlight and pulled her into a congratulatory hug. “That was amazing sweetheart. It was like that game stood no chance against your intellect....” “...So, what do you think, Mr. Pinball? Did you see what I mean?” Dynamo turned to Pinball, who looked as if he was still frozen in place, before shaking his head.

”That was remarkable! I’ve seen some gamer’s who don’t have video game cutie marks have potential. However, I’ve never seen someone who crushed what I could say is an all time high score! Dynamo wasn’t kidding when you both mentioned about your memory. Congratulations, Miss Sunlight.” As he set the separate high scores for other gamer’s to attempt to beat, Pinball walked over to the couple and held out a hoof for Sunlight to shake.

Dew Drop:

”In what way, Jade? Does anything seem familiar to you? Perhaps this house could mean something...” Dew responded as she was worried about Jade, who wasn’t responding at the current moment. When she looked to him, she saw that his eyes were closed in concentration. A few seconds later, she saw his eyes open, before he went over towards a random book on the shelf. When she walked over to Jade, she saw that he had picked up an animal book. “...A book on animals? What would that have to do with what’s going on...?” She wondered, before Jade opened the book to see what was written. Inside said book had looked to be some sort of journal. The only problem that Dew has taken notice was that the words were either random number and letters, or that each word was written in a language she had never seen before. “...That doesn’t look to be like any kind of Ponish that I have seen before. What could this mean...?” “...If someone wanted you tho find this, then who or even why? I’m beginning to wonder if this has something to do with the coding you had mentioned earlier.” She looked over to Jade as she recalled their previous conversation.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"Again Dynamo, intellect and memory are different things..." Sunlight reminded "...and thank you Mr. Pinball, even though I feel that I don't I should be praised about this, since there was no skill involved, just a natural gift I was born with." She shook Pinball's hoof since he so wanted, but she really didn't think it should be such a bog deal.

Jade:
"Oh yeah, I forgot you can't read this..." Jade stated almost embarrassed "...I don't know the answer to why or who wants me to have this, yet, but I know it is meant for me and my sister to see, as evidenced by our names being the first thing that's written here, though it's written in dragonic, binary, and few old languages, so I understand why you don't understand it. The messes of numbers and or letters are sort of a secret codes, everything from the number meaning that letter in alphabet to bit more complicated, yet solvable ones..." he quickly looked the book through, about the half of the book was text and rest were empty pages "...for a normal pony translating this thing would take several days at least, probably more, but I think I can do it in some hours...i'll look into it later." he closed the book and took it with him. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"Oh, I know, but I guess they seem like the same thing to me. Considering that having that great of a memory must have very good intellect..." Dynamo responded with a sheepish smile and chuckle. "...You're welcome Sunlight, but I think what you accomplished deserves some praise. You showed me that while you used memory to make the game your own. You proved that gamer's and non gamer's have so much potential within themselves. I've seen some ponies and creatures who have stepped in here have slacked off. Some saying that video games are not challenging enough, or are a waste of their time. I think seeing this will show others that they have a lot of effort and hard work to attain. If they ever want to achieve their dreams..." Pinball responded, looking around the arcade with a kind smile. "...You see. This arcade is more than just a simple arcade. It's sort of like a second home for others. A safe haven, if you will. Anyone who steps in here is welcomes with warm, open arms. While we don't allow those who use games to harm others. We try to show everyone the same level of kindness and respect within these walls. This arcade is also to help those who have trouble in finding what their dreams can be. A certain game, a certain tournament, or anything like that can help those who haven't yet found their true selves. It's why I love video games. It helps to challenge you, learn things you may not have known about yourself, or to meet others who share that same love and compassion as you truly do..." Dynamo smiled as his old teacher's words rung true in his heart.

"...I know what you mean. When I first stepped into this shop, I didn't know what to think. All the lights, all the sounds, all the kind welcoming? To be honest, it was a lot to take in. I was also able to find my true self when I finally stood up to Cosmic and the others. It was how I was able to gain my cutie mark, as well as discovering the magic within myself. I couldn't have done that without your help, Mr. Pinball..." He gave a bow in gratitude to Pinball, who chuckled and shook his head. "...Please don't bow to me, my boy. You've surpassed my expectations long ago. I know you have what it takes to become a professional gamer. Plus, I think it's wonderful how a simple chance getting and video games had brought you two together. From what I'm able to gather from Sunlight, I can tell that you care very much about her. Just don't let her go. I can only imagine that she's a keeper..." Dynamo nodded as he placed an arm around her shoulders, before pulling her into a side hug. "...You can say that again, sir. Plus, you have no idea. She's helped me to discover things that I may not have known before. Even with video games. To me, she means everything to me and even more. She's my special somepony and someone that I will cherish with all of my heart and soul..." Pinball could see the chemistry between the two and couldn't be more happier for his old student. "...All I can say is Sunlight? Take care of him for me, okay? I can say that he's a bit of a hoof full, but he does mean well. He has a kind heart that will never give up on those he cares for." He joked with a wink, before giving an honest smile with his response. "...Hey!" Dynamo retorted with a pout at the joke, before smiling as he knew Pinball was kidding around.

Dew Drop:
"That's okay Jade. I remember you mentioned about the numbers and letters from the information within yourself. I just didn't know it would look something like this, or maybe it's something different..." Dew responded with a shake of her head. She looked to where Jade had mentioned his name and Sunlight's being in the book. She wasn't sure due to the coding, but she took his word for it. "...I know that ponies have become more friendly towards dragons and other creatures, but I never knew they had their own written language. It seems that there are more things out there that have yet to be discovered..." "...Thankfully, you won't need someone else to translate the text. Given how you know some of the code, while having a vast memory of information. If you do find out anything, then let me know. It would be interesting to learn the contents in this book..." While it wasn't a book on flowers, learning what was in the book was intriguing to the ebony pegasus. It was as if she was learning alongside Jade, while he continued to learn more about himself. Dew looked around the room once more, before a thought had occurred to her. "...Do you think there's perhaps more information within this house? Also, do you plan on telling your sister about the book?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight just mostly nodded as response to the conversation, as she didn't have anything to add really. 
"He's hoof full aright, but don't worry, I can handle him, I have lived with a brother my whole life..." She joked before continuing with a smile "...And thank you for your words."  She didn't really have anything to say, so she didn't even try to give a longer answer. 

Jade:
"This has nothing to do with our code, until of course it's mentioned somewhere later, what I mean with secret codes are simply that, words coded with a certain system to make it harder to read them..."
Jade informed "...every talking creature has their own language, some of them just have been lost to history due to ponies contacting more and more different creatures..." "...and no, I don't think there's anything more here, and will I tell my sister? it depends on what the book says, because if it's something I know would only make her feel worse, I won't ruin her happiness with it."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo's jaw dropped as he heard Sunlight's remark. "Oh, Sunlight. Not you too..." He faked a pout as Pinball almost collapsed to the floor in a fit of laughter. "...Oh, that's priceless. It looks like she knows you perfectly, Dynamo..." Dynamo rolled his eyes with a small smirk, before looking back towards the orange mare. "...What am I going to do with you, Sunny...?" Hearing that, Pinball decided to speak up and not miss a beat. "Cherish her and love her forever...?" Dynamo held a hoof up as he was about to respond, but stopped as the answer was spot on. "Huh. I guess that answer was a little obvious. Still, that was a really good guess, sir." Dynamo smiled as Pinball shrugged his shoulders. "...Eh, you know me. I may be old, but I know a thing or two of being the king of romance..." He gave a sort of proud, yet smug look that almost caused Dynamo to chuckle. "...Is there anything else you two would like to play in the arcade? I hope to not keep you away from any appointments."

Dew Drop:
"I guess making the words coded would be beneficial to be difficult to decipher. Meaning that gaining the information would be easier said than done..." Dew nodded in understanding. "...I suppose every creature has their own history that's been lost to time. Along with their ancient languages. Most schools in Equestria are for bettering the knowledge of earth, unicorn and pegasus ponies. It would be rather interesting to add other creature culture into the curriculum..." "...Okay and I was just wondering. Seeing how I don't know if whoever is here will becoming back any time soon. Even those cat creatures, as well. I wonder if perhaps they knew who, or what you are and wanted you to find this place. They didn't seem hostile upon getting a closer look at them..." She responded, nodding at the mention of Jade's sister. "...Hopefully, there's nothing in the book that would lead to bad news. I'm glad that you're thinking of her happiness, but I know her friends and colt friend are there for you too, right?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1