Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Artificial Love. (with Dynamo Pad)

Catpone Cerberus

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"I know I will eventually face it, either through Jade or one of our friends, but having the need to gather knowledge, it's just weird to not know." Sunlight simply concluded, not knowing what else to say regarding Dynamo's response for the reason that was just stated. "I have wondered if I and Jade have afterlife though, do we have....souls?"

Jade:
"Depends on what you consider helpful..."
Jade replied "...there was no answers about our past, but it was interesting none the less, I'll go more in detail tomorrow when I have had time to think about it. Now I'm just writing things down to see if there's any hidden messages I've missed."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"You're right. Whatever happens can become inevitable sooner or later. I guess it's better to leave the idea on the back burner and to worry about it for another time. I would say that I hope nothing happens to Jade or the others, but that's probably just wishful thinking. Since it's like you said before. We'll eventually face it. I'm guessing that if there's one thing you wanted to know, then you'd make sure to gather any and all information? I suppose it's good to not know something. Gives that sort of surprise to make a hypothesis and/or gather date to learn something you don't know..." He nodded as he knew from experience. He blinked in surprise, turning his head to face the orange unicorn. "...If you ask me, then I think there's an afterlife for you and Jade. Sure, you both are artificial ponies..." He whispered softly about the mention of being artificial. So, as to not let any potential ponies that walked past them to hear their conversation. "...Even so, you both care and have feelings. You have the ability to learn, to laugh, to cry, to love and so much else. You worry about the safety and well being and are you're both just like any other pony like me, or your friends. If that's not having a soul, then I don't know what is."

Dew Drop:
Dew hummed in thought as Jade went over what he had read through. "...Hmm...it's a shame that there wasn't anything on your past. Maybe there's a sort of clue that you need to read between the lines? It think it's best that you need time to think about it. I usually have to reread something once or twice in order to fully process the information. Just in case I didn't know something before, or if I overlooked something I missed. Just like now with the book you made for me. There were some interesting facts that even I didn't know about. I had to look again in order to make sure I wasn't making anything up..." She smiled, holding up a page to show Jade her example. "...At the very least, you're jotting down notes so you can sort through the important info."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"The thing is, neither option is really comforting..." Sunlight admitted "...I mean, firstly, if we don't have soul or whatever causes ghosts and other afterlives to be a thing...well, I probably don't need to tell why that is quite uncomfortable possibility, but if we have...where did it come from? I don't believe something like that can just be created out of nowhere, regardless of the technology you have access to....it ties to the question of who are we, are we totally new creations with fully made up appearances, names and personalities, or are we based on ponies who have existed, and what happened to those ponies if we are?" 
she kept her voice low in case anypony was nearby, though it seemed that they were the only ones around.

Jade:
"Pretty much..."
Jade agreed "...The only difference being that I don't need to read it again because I can go through it in my head..." As he spoke, he also wrote, but for now what he wrote seemed to be just random collections of letters that didn't mean anything. "...writing things down makes it bit faster to go through certain things because I don't need to specifically look for them from my memory." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"Hmm...I guess I see what you're getting at. My mom has seen some of the ghost shows as she's a bit of a fan. I do believe in spirits and other afterlives. I want to ask as I'm a bit confused, but I'm not entirely sure. If you were able to meet that particular pony or creature, then I'd hope they could give you the answer. Either option could become a viable possibility. Although, I can't say I've ever met someone who looked like your or Jade before. If it was the latter, then maybe something happened to them that lead the pony or creature to make you? Maybe they knew them personally and wanted to give them the chance to live the lives they had lost? Maybe to have you live life through the creator's eyes. I'm not entirely sure, but it's food for thought. Perhaps there's a way to build a possibility or to find some sort of clue that would link you to your past." Dynamo continued to whisper, while it seemed that it was just himself and Orange that were in the area.

Dew Drop:
"It looks like you have some very good photographic memory. Meaning you can reread the information, but being able to go through your mind and call upon it at will..." Dew responded, looking over Jade's shoulder as he wrote what looked to be random letters. "...It looks like a bunch of chicken scratch. No offense, of course, Jade. I've always heard that writing something down helps with being able to retain that particular information. That, or it helped you to weed out the information you needed and the information that isn't exactly necessary. From what you're saying, it seems like you're able to write down things from memory. At the same time, you'd be able to see if some things from the book line up together, or have a hidden meaning."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"Of course you wouldn't have met the past us if we are based on somepony, that would be very illogical move for someone who's able to create something like us..." Sunlight pointed out "...and though what you suggest is possible, it's also possible that something happened to them because we were created..." she sighed "...honestly, not knowing it is lot worse than the worse possibility."

Jade:
"It is bunch of nonsense..." 
Jade agreed "...and it's because I haven't found anything yet..." he explained, while writing more nonsense down "...It may be that I'm looking too deep into this, but it won't hurt to make sure." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"I guess, but remember. I never really had anypony to call as a friend growing up. Just like Starlight, you and Jade were the first other ponies I had met and called a friend. If I had ever met somepony that looked like either you or Jade, then I would be very surprised. Although, I can see why you would find that to be very illogical. Given how I think you or Jade had said that whoever made you was very advanced..." Dynamo responded with a nod "...If it was possible or even true, then I wondered what happened to them..." Hearing her sigh, he played a comforting hoof around her shoulders. Effectively pulling her close to him. "...Hey, it's okay. I get that it's worse to not know something because it's possible to draw up so many different possibilities. Hopefully, we'll be able to find something soon that could help you with knowing."

Dew Drop:
"Glad my assumption wasn't too far off track..." Dew agreed. "...Well, you did just begin writing down a bit of notes. That, and you just began rereading through the book. So, what you found might be nonsense, but then again. There might be something hidden in between the lines that you might have overlooked..." She responded, taking note of Jade, who was writing more things down once more. "...I don't think it's bad to be looking too much into that book. You found something that could be considered valuable information about you and your sister. You've finally got some kind of lead that might explain about your past, or who even created the two of you. It definitely wouldn't be bad to make sure when rechecking and/or rereading. Just so long as you don't make it your personal mission 24/7, then I would be concerned for you."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
"The many possibilities isn't the only bad thing about not knowing, it's also just generally uncomfortable, I don't know if it's us thing or if it is something everypony goes through, but not having answers to something causes me stress..." Sunlight explained "...but then weirdly enough, part of me says I shouldn't look too much into it, but only for this certain topic, that part of me isn't there for anything else, even for things I know would be dangerous." 

Jade:
"You are not wrong, but at the same time, this was so overly coded text that only I or Sunlight would go through the effort of reading it in the first place, so I see no point hiding extra between the lines..."
Jade said as he continued writing nonsense "...now that I think about it, who was the one who decided to see so much effort to write a journal like this, even I wouldn't bother with that."   

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
"I guess you're right. It's sort of the same thing with feeling uncomfortable if you know something. Even though it might be something you might not want to know. I suppose it depends on the topic at hoof. I sometimes get stressed if I forgot something important, but I'm not sure on not having answers to something. There might be others out there who could relate, but if you ask me, then I would say this. I think it's okay to feel stressed, but don't think too much into it. You'll find the answer in time. Even if the answer isn't what you were expecting, or if the answer could be further explained upon in the future..." Dynamo responded "...I don't think that sounds weird. Perhaps Jade is feeling the same way and might look into it. If we run into him again, then maybe we'll learn something new or not. Plus, if you ever need to talk about something, then feel free to let me know. It's never good to feel stressed and keeping that stress to yourself." He says, taking note of the familiar neighborhood coming into view. At the same time, he saw that his old home was within their sights.

Dew Drop:
You may be right about that, but it's better to check now instead of later. Do you think that you might meet up with Sunlight to try and let her know of what's going on, or will you perhaps wait when you've deciphered that book a bit more...?" Dew wondered as Jade continued to write in his notes. "...I'm not entirely sure, but from what you're telling me. Whoever wrote that journal was pretty determined. I think I seem to recall that you and your sister worked in gathering information in a catacomb of a library once. Being able to put in so much effort to gather info seems to be the same as whoever wrote that journal."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight just nodded, not really wanting to continue with the topic at hoof "Speaking of Jade, I wonder how he's holding up, we didn't really see him after he met Dew, I hope she helps him to get over his mental troubles." she would say as a last thing before they reached Dynamo's mom's house.

Jade:
"I'll go the book alone and see if there's something I think Sunlight should know, I'll then inform her on later date." 
Jade simply said, he didn't want to worry his sister about someone watching them before he knew what was going on. "That's exactly what I mean, it feel weird than anyone would see so much effort to write a journal like this." 

(Just a reminder that there's Several week difference between the character-timelines)

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
Dynamo nodded as the duo reached the gamer pony's mom's house. "I hope he's doing okay. It's been a while since we last saw him. I remember meeting Dew Drop recently, but it was only for a brief amount of time. Same here on her being able to help Jade with whatever might be troubling him." He would say, opening the door as he allowed Sunlight to step into the house first, before taking a step into the home.

Dew Drop:
Dew wanted to disagree with Jade's decision, but decided against it. From what she had learned from Sunlight's friends. Along with being with Jade for a brief time, she had seen that he and his sister don't exactly get along very well. They seemed to care for one another, but it seemed rare. "Okay, but make sure to let her know if there's something troubling you. If there's one thing I've learned that some of the townsfolk lost, it's that it's okay to ask for help. That, and/or it's nice to lend a helping hoof every now and then..." "I guess it whoever wrote such information was very dedicated. If not, then it must have been for some purpose. You wouldn't want to just write something for any type of randomness. Except if you were having fun and were inspired to keep going in writing."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight:
Sunlight just nodded not having anything to add on the topic. She thanked Dynamo like always when he let her go first, waiting him to get in before heading deeper into the house. "I'll go put the books with the rest of my stuff and will then join you two." she then said before proceeding to do just that, she would leave the books next to her belongings and then head to whatever room Dynamo and or his mother was.

Jade:
"The purpose is clear, it was clearly meant for us to read, but I'm still impressed by the dedication, because it would be a time consuming task even for me and Sunlight due to the manner it is written in." 
Jade explained 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo Pad:
As the front door opened, Gentle's ears perked as she heard the voices of Dynamo and Sunlight entering the home. "Welcome home, you two. I'm just about finished with dinner. Just make sure you wash up, then head on into the kitchen." She called out to them, Dynamo smiling with a nod. "Okay, mom! We'll be there in a bit." He called out to her, before turning his attention back to Sunlight. "Okay. I'll head into the kitchen and help my mom in setting up dinner. So, we'll be in there if you need me." He kissed her cheek, before levitating the books he carried for Sunlight back to her. After Sunlight's departure, Dynamo closed the front door behind him, before heading into the kitchen to help Gentle.

Dew Drop:
"I guess it would be time consuming. Provided that whoever wrote this really made sure to take some extensive notes. If you ask me, then I guess they had years in order to write and take more notes whenever necessary. Maybe when they left the home, they were all done with whatever notes they had to take. That, or they had more notes to take, but they didn't have time to finish up, before leaving their home. For whatever reason that might be." Dew Drop responded, feeling impressed by the amount of notes, as well.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
sunlight:
Sunlight made her way to the kitchen after cleaning her hooves a bit, the dust from the old books had stuck to her fur pretty well, but she got rid of it easily enough. "Smells good." she said as she entered the kitchen, not wanting to  scare Dynamo or Gentle by sneaking up to them.

Jade:
Jade just shrugged "Beats me..." he simply said as he closed the book "...there doesn't seem to be anything hidden between the lines, so our past remains a mystery, but the writer clearly knew we were coming."