Twilight Sparkle

Starswirl the Bearded

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was a fun find after my program ran the randomizer. Twilight, Star Swirl, and Nyx. It's like three generations of Twi-Centric mages. 

Twilight is the reigning World Cup Champion for those that don't know, so I suspect that this group may be a powerhouse again. Twilight getting in is a no brainier, but pick her team carefully. These choices may sway a few votes during the World Cup. 

Can Twi repeat? She may be the fav of this competition for many so it's going to be interesting.

:twi:

• Brohoof 3

twilight_sparkle_by_tuyla-d5n5xyw.jpg

I withheld some commentary with Rarity because I do want to have some element of impartiality, but if you dig back into my first posts as I started to get into the show, Twilight was my initial fav. Adorable, intellectual, a magic user, a touch neurotic at times, and socially new at navigating all sorts of friendship issues ... she may have fallen from that top spot for me ... but her episodes, her demeanor, and reactions to her friends are some of the best highlights over the 7 seasons of FiM. The last few seasons have been phenomenal to her. 

One if my favorite moments from Season Five. 

@Sunset Rose

You have a Nyx calling to you

• Brohoof 2

Every time I think of Bill I think of that song. Then the cringe happens. Oh, oh, oh.

Anyway, a princess has no need for shitty old wizards and woobie OCs. This team requires a great and powerful aerial ace.

I2Poy.png.e089cd8007496468307b008a627e6d1a.png

These clothes? Don't worry about them. It's just a griffin passive ability.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting that pets have had a very strong showing thus far; Owlowiscious, Winona and Tank have all secured spots (with Winona topping her group) while Gummy has a very good chance of winning his group's wild card spot. And Angel (the only pet to qualify for the last world cup) hasn't even gone yet.

I love how many non-ponies are having success in this competition :grin:

• Brohoof 1
1 hour ago, Frostgage said:

And Angel (the only pet to qualify for the last world cup) hasn't even gone yet.

I checked his group. Yikes. Angel is part of Tartarus. Kinda fits in a way. :P

Gilda is in second. Impressive. From what I gathered before Season Five she was kinda disliked. Goes to show how one episode can help a character grow on you. I like the general idea that she still has her biting attitude, but now gets friendships are important to maintain after a falling out. Gilda is one of the more realistic characters on the show after her second appearance. I am hoping for another one to close her story out. 

Gilda_the_griffon_by_14_bis-d3723om.thumb.jpg.9a449efc47230b650b2ed7e83c6a293f.jpg

• Brohoof 3

You made a mistake @Jeric. And I cannot in any reasonable conscience let it slide. Of course I can sort of understand since you are probably still coming off a Rarity high at her victory previously... so I'll just keep it simple.

princess_twilight_sparkle_by_secret_pony-d6vd19q.thumb.png.88471633c3c245361af64e5844a9882c.png

It is now and forever more PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle (At least until they ruin her in some later incarnation). I'll let it slide this time because Twi is a forgiving soul... but next time.. it is the moon for you. :orly:

#Kthankxbye.

I don't think anyone needs to wonder who I am going to vote for.

• Brohoof 3

If you're wondering who I'm gonna vote for, then newsflash! You really don't pay much attention.

Twilight_wink_S2E14.thumb.png.cd91ff296e4d14b979449998a06d1cea.png

Yes, it is the stunningly adorable, intelligent, charming, and nerdy Twilight Sparkle.

IMG_20171025_224032.png.f6d8b4f0d4b64800ffcb9caea3ee495d.thumb.png.f6f80b1acf6856a69d13d2aa3149a6ae.png

Who else?

Why, Twilight's idol Star Swirl the Bearded, of course. Having those two on a team together would be pretty sweet. And this old wizard has so much life experience to bring to the table. Before Twilight came around and started doing things that even Star Swirl couldn't do, like finishing a particular spell, Star Swirl was the greatest unicorn to ever study magic. Basically, the unicorn equivalent of Albert Einstein, except with magic rather than physics.

Let's give him a round of applause!

mlp_vector___star_swirl_the_bearded_by_j

And finally, my favorite OC of all time, Twilight's adopted daughter Nyx! Made iconic by the acclaimed fanfiction Past Sins, Nyx is a clone of Nightmare Moon created by an evil cult that worships the bringer of everlasting night. However, Nyx is found by Twilight and given the opportunity to live as a normal filly.

For Celestia's sake, give this incredibly sweet filly a chance! Please! She deserves to be on a team with her mother. Don't even think about separating them, lest all hell break loose (and tears stream down your face because you WILL feel terrible for allowing it).

post-5366-0-96367700-1426734349.thumb.png.64b3dd5ce53d0aba5189ea83c16ec682.png

• Brohoof 3

And once more the main character is gaining the most votes, I personally don't see a point in this polls when it's going to end like this, as expected.

Not trying to be rude, anyways I'm for team Starswirl! #makeStarswirlgreatagain

2 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

It's starting to become pretty obvious that certain characters clearly have an advantage over others.

Yup it certainly is, but it has always been like that (I suppose..?) from the begining of the votings.

5 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

It's starting to become pretty obvious that certain characters clearly have an advantage over others.

That's to be expected tho, IMO. Just like in any franchise there popular characters that will get the most attention; as well as those oddballs that attract attention for some reason.

LOOKING AT YOU TOM!

• Brohoof 4
7 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

That's to be expected tho, IMO. Just like in any franchise there popular characters that will get the most attention; as well as those oddballs that attract attention for some reason.

LOOKING AT YOU TOM!

Perhaps there will be some unexpected upsets in the works?

• Brohoof 2
Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

Perhaps there will be some unexpected upsets in the works?

Personally; I'd consider Winona winning her group to be a bit of an upset, and considering the makeup of potential groups, upsets are always possible. I don't expect the main characters to suffer, but maybe a big name like Cadence or Shining Armor could find it hard if people rally around a surprise character.

Anything is possible!

• Brohoof 5

It's time to make a choice. Will you vote for a bearded plot device, or will you vote for a reliable cat bird that doesn't change her personality every time some writer gets a brain fart? Vote for Plot Swirl and there is no telling which one you'll get. He's practically a pony Hillary!

A vote for cat bird is a vote for reliability.

Gilda_vector_by_piranhaplant1-d5ajbjo.thumb.png.66c662f4a6b2473bcc089daf6d9c8c6f.png

• Brohoof 3

In this round the Mane Six will obviously have an advantage. I am surprised anyone would think that there was a chance they wouldn't run up the score in their respective groups. Of course they are going to qualify for a team. 

Qualifier Rounds will be completely different than the successive rounds. 

Wild Card

Team Captain

Top 32

Top 16

All are slightly different in approach. And last time non Mane Six did take out Mane Six Characters. There will be surprises ... there always are. :)

I should also mention that the groups will eventually be put into eight groups of four. I'm not handpicking who goes into what conference. Mane Six may run into Mane Six early on. 

• Brohoof 6