Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Group 14 - Seaquestria

Jeric

I would not be shocked if this round requires a tie breaker .... 

Surprise

G1_Surprise_raspberry_animation.gif.17c83d717e166f569c252b91f87d61fa.gif

Part of my effort to try and represent some of the history of the franchise we love, we have Surprise here. The inspiration for Pinkie Pie in G4, Surprise shares some of the modern Pinkie's traits and it isn't uncommon to see Generation 4 inspired fan art of this Pegasus. Will that translate into any members picking her to be on this team? I don't know, but here's some Pinkie and Surprise art

surprisee____pinkie_pie_y_surprise__by_pinkishgiovanna-d6s7rig.png

• Brohoof 2
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

75474D05-0D7C-49D9-B53A-06FC00EB5AE1.thumb.png.86dbe9613f2c52c6192e0b7fa6014a46.png

Fun fact: Surprise is an official Wonderbolt member in G4!

4 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

If the world isn't going to love me, then I'll teach it to fear me instead

Oh, please, you can’t even walk down the stairs without tumbling forward like a slinky.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going through the OP updating the Groups with results and will post them here too. 

Mistmane is starting off strong. Can Sugar Belle, Sweetiebot, and Novo keep pace?

• Brohoof 2

Well, Mistmane was the only obvious vote for me, and when it comes to interesting characters Sugar Belle wins out over Novo (tho I still like her), but COME ON GUYS! Vote for best hippie pony! Wheat Grass is awesome!

88d219575fbfd686b27139f108a94b1c.png

wheatgrass.jpg

full.png

• Brohoof 2
1 hour ago, ChB said:

@Jeric Are the team members for each Group completely random? Or is there at least one member who is selected to be in that group? 

Almost completely random. My program had a data file that had all the character names and sorted them into their own groups. There were 'rules' in place to prevent things like the odd chance of a group with three Mane Six members. 

After sorted, I renamed the Groups to fit at least one character in the group. So because Novo was in this one .... It became Seaquestria. 

• Brohoof 2

Hmm...for this group I  choose: 

Mistmane, Sugar Belle, and obviously................Queen Novo

That's right don't let my profile image fool you.  In truth, I absolutely detest Sweetie Bot.  While a fine and entertaining character in FiW, I've come to hate everything she stands for when it comes to a big abridged series.  Thanks to her now Sweetie Belle is doomed to never have a normal (well normal in terms of the majority of characters in the universe) life in all these abridged series'. No she has to be the literal butt and standout joke of every appearance.

Friendship is Witchcraft: She's Sweetie Bot the robot.

Mentally Advanced Series(which technically did it first): She's Thrackerzod the possessed host of a demonic entity

even ScooterTrix makes her into some reject Muppet Babies character!

I will not stand for this blatant typecasting and discrimination against my favorite character!

5a6b6d2911d63_anti-sweetieabridgedabuse.thumb.png.6c4f2ca5c2f534d1dde076cbb46df8d0.png

This is why I will NEVER support anything Sweetie Bot related! :unamused:

Well, except for this:

https://www.patreon.com/sweetiebot

k3tVatjc20BO6gdXh2tbGdJ24WWOYsC-HTX_AkaWX7fp1McAynUVj_qB2gyxi4kM.jpg?token-time=2145916800&token-hash=zMpI7lRHN9wh_vOTMUxVim_m8Ui6tx9EUjZFhoe6Vok%3D

x6QnSYq.png

This is awesome!B)

• Brohoof 2

Updated Status of Tournament with characters eliminated. 

Spoiler

Group 1 - Everfree Forest (Zecora, Octavia, TBD)
Igneous Rock Pie Sonata Dusk
Octavia Melody Royal Guard
Hondo Flanks Gummy
The Olden Pony Trenderhoof
Zecora Mulia Mild

Group 2 - Maretonia (Marble Pie, Chrysallis, TBD)
Marble Pie Garble
Queen Chrysallis Flash Magnus
Kyrippos II Little Strongheart
Flim Mare Do Well
Roger Silvermane Captain Celaeno

Group 3 - Dream Realm (Nightmare Rarity, Daybreaker, TBD)
Tantubus Daybreaker
Dr. Hooves Hoops
Snowdrop Raven Inkwell
Amira Zipporwhill
Nightmare Rarity Golden Harvest

Group 4 - Trottingham (Fluttershy, Fleur De Lis, TBD)
Sir Pony Moore Little Pip
Sunny Daze Zephyr Breeze
Fluttershy Lucky Clover
Fleur De Lis Commander Ironhead
Catrina Dinky Doo

Group 5 - Dragon Lands (Ember, Pear Butter, TBD)
Moonlight Raven Kettle Corn
Ember Button Mash
Greta Snails
Buffy Filthy Rich
Lily Lace Pear Butter

Group 6 - Wonderbolts Academy (Spitfire, Cloud Kicker, TBD)
Cloud Kicker Spitfire
Joe Princess Erroria (Tie)
Snips (Tie) Andy Warhoof
Bloomberg The Storm King
Spoiled Rich Charity Kindheart

Group 7 - Sweet Apple Acres (Applejack, Twilight Velvet, TBD)
Applejack Stellar Eclipse
The Headless Horse Songbird Serenade
Cheese Sandwich Junebug
Twilight Velvet Philomena
Screwball Cathy O'Mara

Group 8 (Sunburst, Crackle, TDB)
The Smooze Twinkleshine
Hoity Toity Grampa Gruff
Crackle Torch Song
Hard Hat Sunburst
Mayor Baltimare Mr. Shy

Group 9 - Canterlot (Celestia, Tank, and TBD)
Seabreeze Star Tracker
Featherweight Celestia
Ahuizotl Plaid Stripes
Tank Randolph
Mr. Stripes Open Skies

Group 10 - White Tail Woods (Winona, Angel Wings, TBD)
Blackthorn Angel Wings
Winona Fiddly Twang
Cherry Berry Night Light
Wind Rider Torch
Goldie Delicious Snowfall Frost

Group 11 - Hollow Shades (Sombra, Tom, TBD)
King Sombra Davenport
Stardom Blossomforth
Daisy Trouble Shoes
Stygian Tom
Double Diamond Flax Seed

Group 12 - Manehattan (Rarity, Owlowiscious, TBD)
Grubber Rarity
Pound Cake Clear Skies
Vapor Trail "Donny" Kerabatsos
Pony of Shadows Owlowiscious
Blueblood Quarter Hearts

Group 13 - Ponyville (Twilight, Star Swirl, TBD)
Neon Lights Dance Fever
Hayseed Turnip Truck Shadowbolt
Bill Neigh Star Swirl the Bearded
Nyx Twilight Sparkle
Star Spur Gilda

• Brohoof 4

Not a lot of extremely popular characters this time around, but I still found some ponies worthy of a berth in the next stage of the World Cup. :)

Sugar Belle is adorable in her few appearances. She's my favorite of the villagers in The Cutie Map. While I'm not particularly fond of Hard to Say Anything, I think she's also pretty great in that episode. A great match for Big Macintosh, if I do say so myself!

maxresdefault.jpg

Mistmane is 2nd Best Pillar (after Somnambula), not to mention her wonderful voice actor Ellen Ray Hennessey took some time out of her Saturday last month to take part in a special Q&A at MLP Forums. Still can't thank @Batbrony enough for that cool experience. :D

maxresdefault.jpg

And then... we have Sweetie Bot. I think she's a hilarious addition to Friendship is Witchcraft and incredibly adorable. Who says a robot can't be lovable?!?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 7

Gotta give some more love for Wheat Grass people! Peace and love' y'all!

b19.jpg

22 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

You may wanna correct the mayor's name for the wild card round. I think everyone presumed she was a back ground pony and not, y'know, the mayor of ponyville. 

I'm kinda lost here. Wasn't that vote for the mayor of Baltimare; who, IIRC, appeared in "Royal Problem?"

Spoiler

Baltimare_and_Fillydelphia_mayors_in_agr

• Brohoof 2
6 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

I'm kinda lost here. Wasn't that vote for the mayor of Baltimare; who, IIRC, appeared in "Royal Problem?"

Hide contents

Baltimare_and_Fillydelphia_mayors_in_agr

That's who that was? 

At first I didn't know who 'Mayor Baltimare' was. Did an image search and what I got were mostly results for Mayor Mare. I thought the Mayor was renamed so that she could fit the group name. 

• Brohoof 1
Just now, Denim&Venom said:

That's who that was? 

At first I didn't know who 'Mayor Baltimare' was. Did an image search and what I got were mostly results for Mayor Mare. I thought the Mayor was renamed so that she could fit the group name. 

I did an image search as well and the spoilered image is what came up for me; which included the Baltimare and Fillydelphia mayors. I suspect we'll probably the FIllydelphia mayor once that group comes about.

• Brohoof 2

Aye. 

IIRC there are a few mayors in this competition. Mayor Mare, Baltimare, Fillydelphia, and Gusty whatsherface

Mayor Mare is in Rainbow Dash's group (Cloudsdale). 

Hm. Stuff's close between 4-6. If there is a tie here, tomorrow will have two poll questions settling both ties. 

• Brohoof 2

Honestly; if Queen Novo makes it to second; I'll be happy for her. She needs some attention, and, IIRC, she'll be the first movie character to make it to the top spots.

Heck; not even badass Celaeno did that!

• Brohoof 1

Queen Novo sucks. If your winning strategy is "perfect part of the movie to take a nap, go to the bathroom, or refill your popcorn", then vote for Queenie McQueeniemermaidpants

• Brohoof 3

Ah, finally a chance to pop in here. This seems like a fairly easy choice this time.

2 characters I just can't vote for on principle.

4 are just, you know, there. I'm kinda indifferent to them, though I suppose one kinda stands above the other 3.

1 is, well, sorry Suri but I'm not voting for you. :adorkable:

Then there's somepony great yet seemingly underappreciated, someone I can't really explain to myself why I'm voting for her, but I am anyway, and then possibly the best fan creation out there! Yep, my votes are going to Queen Novo, Surprise, and Sweetie Bot. :D

3 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

#keepmachappy

Do it for Mac! Do it for granny!

DO IT FOR LOVE!

Oh I do, which is why I can't vote for Sugar Belle. :P

Spoiler

marble_pie_x_big_macintosh_by_estefania200-darsx0v.png

• Brohoof 3