Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will happen to the MLP Fandom in the future?

Dashy 4 Ever

17 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

I'm just hoping more people will join so it won't die. We could really need another MLP boom like the one in 2013.

Maybe we'll see a new boom when Gen 5 begins, or we may see a totally different fandom form.

Either way, I would be okay with a new fandom sprouting because this one is past its expiration date for me.

I doubt the fandom will ever boom again like it did in its earlier years, but I don't think it will die either. I suppose G5 could be a bit of a wild card. If it's good, there might be some renewed interest, if not, those of us in for the long run can continue celebrating G4 ponies for years to come.

• Brohoof 2

Like most other fandoms--if you exclude the controversial moments they have--this one is going to stick around long after this current generation of MLP comes to an end. While some in the fandom are likely to move on entirely, others will move on to the next generation while others will maintain this one to ensure that it never becomes forgotten. As for a 'boom'... I don't think that will happen now as our community has balanced out and become a good stagnant presence.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't think this fanbase will die out. The community itself is really active, so even once it ends, it will probably stay intact. I doubt a 'boom' will happen anytime soon, but the fanbase isn't lacking, so there's nothing to worry about.

Edited by Cash_In

On 6/14/2018 at 7:26 AM, Double Clutch said:

I vote we all band together for world domination

Exactly what I was thinking! We should start a political movement among us fellow Bronies and then rise up and take over governments all across the globe, installing ponies as a mandatory requirement that everyone must watch or face the consequences of Love and Tolerance :okiedokieloki: :laugh:

On 6/14/2018 at 7:18 AM, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

I hope so, but I doubt it.

The fandom has too bad oF an image for it to really boom like it did

I agree the fandom was huge but it really good and bad same time

The starwars fandom lasted decades past the end of the original trilogy. So I doubt this one will go anywhere any time soon 

• Brohoof 3

It will stay as it is now for the most part, some growth as the new generation rolls along. Like the Pokemon fandom, the "climax" is over, but it's still pretty strong and will likely grow from here thanks to the new generation I'd imagine.

I would imagine it would stick around for a few more years before fading away. Of course there will still be the more dedicated users around but it will dwindle away once something else takes it's place.

As long as there are fans there will always be Fan sites that will stay, the unpopular fan sites will die off however the ones that are most popular will live on.

they still have MLP TP and MLP Arena and those two are highly dedicated to anything MLP especially the origional and that was in the 80"s were there was no internet.

Dragon Ball lasted for decades before it was revived with BoG/RoF, Star Wars was going strong for well longer before the prequels came out (though atm with Disney I'm not sure what's happening with it lol). It's not going away anytime soon and is still strong.

Just like with these other fan bases they will have there ups and downs but at the end of the day as long as the producers are interested in creating more X content it really shouldn't die unless if Disney somehow gets the rights to MLP which then we will be in there fates.,

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Plenty of fandoms have continued on for decades after the shows or games have ended. MLP will be no different. Heck, G1 still had fans before G4 came out. We'll be alright. 

Like what was said at the end of BronyCon: "We're Still Here." 

• Brohoof 1

The pony fandom isn’t gonna die I don’t think. 

Sure it may never be the size it once was ever again, but I don’t see it ever just dying.  There’s always gonna be kids who Hasbro wants to appeal to to keep it going.

MLP has been around for awhile.   It’ll get rebooted more than once in the future and chances are they’ll  be decent enough to have a fandom going with the age of the internet.  

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

The pony fandom isn’t gonna die I don’t think. 

Sure it may never be the size it once was ever again, but I don’t see it ever just dying.  There’s always gonna be kids who Hasbro wants to appeal to to keep it going.

MLP has been around for awhile.   It’ll get rebooted more than once in the future and chances are they’ll  be decent enough to have a fandom going with the age of the internet.  

Yeah. There are fandoms that still continue to exist even if the particular franchise that they like is decades old. It's obvious that the fandom won't be as popular as it was back in the early 2010's, but I want to stay away from media outlets and etc. I like the peace and quite better.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know but I hope we can continue to enjoy mlp because I will miss you guys and all of this if you go other places, which will inevitably happen one day but I hope we can continue the fandom in some way.