Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Happening To Emoticons?

Rikifive
Message added by Jeric

Resolved.

I've noticed, that from day to day, more emoticons disappear, leaving paper icons (missing image) in return.

Basically using these is impossible and all posts have that broken look. What is happening with these? :derp:

If I am not mistaken, @Jeric is currently fiddling with some things, including the Forum emoticons. Don't worry; this whole thing will be temporary. I don't possess any specific details, but that's the basic gist of what's going on, to my knowledge.

• Brohoof 4

23 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

I've noticed, that from day to day, more emoticons disappear, leaving paper icons (missing image) in return.

Basically using these is impossible and all posts have that broken look. What is happening with these? :derp:

Outside of blush, can you point to any specific post you noticed this in?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ah I thought so; though don't recall that being mentioned, hence why I was curious. :derp:

I mean, I'm just not sure if it is safe to use these despite that, because if he plans to change the names or something, then it may get problematic and putting them in posts now wouldn't have desired effect.

@Jeric

Basically every post calling missing emoticons have that paper and name in them instead.

And many emoticons are missing by now

Spoiler

IMG_20180614_204145.thumb.png.e3ef75a83b229bae5e876a433b15fdc8.png

For example, :yay: 

Edited by Rikifive

Cleared my image cache and now I see what you mean. I have the emotes saved just in case so I'll reupload then later tonight.

• Brohoof 3

They should be fixed. 

They aren't perfectly ordered, but good enough for now. If you can't see them clear your cache.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

They are back now, didn't even have to clear my cache. Nicely ordered too. :) 

Buuuuuuut before going to say the following, I cleared them just to be sure;

As I was worried; the previous instances got detached from the emoticons. What I mean; I mean, that all the posts, that had emoticons ended up having missing images (GZDLg3Z.png). Only the ones, that didn't break in the first place survived (as there was in my screenshot above- not all broke).

For example, here's a welcome post by @Wannabrony (sorry for using your content as an example :rarity: ) viewed using Chrome:

Spoiler

5rg8K1p.png

Here's a fragment of my balloon post viewed using Edge (that I never use, so its cache and stuff were completely blank):

Spoiler

sSpQSsq.png

So that's a global disaster I suppose. :derp: 

Unrelated, but that made me laugh:

Spoiler

ARykckt.png

The forums claim, that it's all your fault. :laugh:

Just kidding of course. ;) 

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

Yep, in the old site they would have all returned. Not in IPB4 tho. You see this in their own official forum. Broken emoticon images everytime they change them around.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, these are sensitive.

Either way, why some emoticons have 'mlp' prefix in them? :derp:

Also previously [:laugh:] was named "lol"; now it's "laugh". Kinda hard to get used to it. :laugh:

And I've noticed, that the emoticon search after typing ":name" is brought again - nice. That might solve the issue I was experiencing, where I was able to backspace 'nothing'. :twi:

Aaanyway, just randomly rambling, don't need to worry. :rarity:

Locked as resolved though I'll look into seeing if the bugs are based on the system and not anything we did.