Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Is anyone here into foriegn language songs

Luna's Admirer

If I'm from Poland, does listening to songs in English counts as foreign language songs? :squee: 

Seriously though, I listen to some from time to time? Some are played in radio and stuff, so yeah.

Heh that reminds me of times, when that was really popular. :P 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Before I (finally) get some shut-eye, I might as well share this gem with you. I actually was there when this clip was filmed :mlp_icwudt: For someone who speaks as flat language as Finnish, literally any other language sounds exotic and melodious. Russian, for instance, has a wonderful rhythm, depth and nuance to it.

Edited by Divine plywood
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Divine plywood said:

Before I (finally) get some shut-eye, I might as well share this gem with you. I actually was there when this clip was filmed :mlp_icwudt: For someone who speaks as flat language as Finnish, literally any other language sounds exotic and melodious. Russian, for instance, has a wonderful rhythm, depth and nuance to it.

Quiet beautiful it is. I like this song.

24 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

If I'm from Poland, does listening to songs in English counts as foreign language songs? :squee: 

Seriously though, I listen to some from time to time? Some are played in radio and stuff, so yeah.

Heh that reminds me of times, when that was really popular. :P 

This one is quiet intresting.

Edited by An Admirer
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

When it comes to rock/pop, not so much. I'm sure there are exceptions... But when it comes to Early Music and Classical Music, I'll listen to any language! Of course, you really can't be picky if you're into that type of music. English wasn't anything like we know it during the time of Early Music, so even music back then that is sung in 'English' is very different.

Here I go off talking about something only I care about. Sorry.

Here's a piece I love that is in Italian, sung by a pop artist:

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Envy said:

When it comes to rock/pop, not so much. I'm sure there are exceptions... But when it comes to Early Music and Classical Music, I'll listen to any language! Of course, you really can't be picky if you're into that type of music. English wasn't anything like we know it during the time of Early Music, so even music back then that is sung in 'English' is very different.

Here I go off talking about something only I care about. Sorry.

Here's a piece I love that is in Italian, sung by a pop artist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQPfBKItqI

No need to be sorry. I'm actually also kinda obsessed with music (especially classical).

44 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

If you don't know my answer to the question... then you clearly don't know me very well~! :D

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting song.

• Brohoof 1

Technically English is a foreign language to me. :p

I do understand a fair bit of Russian, but RU trance is some of the most melodic there was in the early/mid-2000s.

Spoiler

Another song, that comes to my mind is this one;

Though not a really fan of them, I always found this song nice and catchy-- back then it was something... Good times.

• Brohoof 2

I listen to Vocaloids, so that must count. I should probably place a seizure warning here. At least for the first video. Second one too. ... ...third's safer? I'm not sure. Just... listen, don't watch :x

Mitchie M is wonderful.

Apart from that, I barely listen to any music in my own, native language. I'm mainly into English songs.

• Brohoof 1

Yes I like songs and music from other cultures. I particularly like European songs and military ones. For example I like this red army choir military march from soviet era.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Wiz Ahmad said:

I LOVE Arabic Nasheeds. Give this a listen: 

- posted using my phone

Beautiful Nasheed my friend. I LOVE IT.

3 hours ago, Olly said:

Never thought I'd get a chance to share this one

Is this a Indian song?

Edited by An Admirer

I love listening to DJ Piligrim and most of his songs are in Russian and Uzbek.

My favorites are Ti Menya Zabud, Да Я and Yulduz.

I like the songs Regatòn Lento and Despacito also and the first (although not fully in Spanish) is in Spanglish so it kind of counts I guess and Despacito is totally in Spanish.

And during a karaoke night I heard a French song called "Maman" and quite liked that.