Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Is anyone here into foriegn language songs

Luna's Admirer

English is a foreign language for me, but I mostly listen to English songs.

As for other foreign languages, I like several German bands, e. g. Rammstein and Lacrimosa (technically it's a Swiss band):

I also like Korpiklaani who sing in English, Finnish and Northern Sámi:

Plus, recently I've discovered an Italian XX century musician Renato Carosone:

6 hours ago, Passion said:

I listen to Vocaloids, so that must count.

Also, hi there, fellow vocaloid fan!

Spoiler

• Brohoof 3

I enjoy some Japanese music, even though I don't speak the language. While most of the Japanese music I'm familiar with is the kind of poppy stuff used in anime openings, above all I'm a fan of alternative rock. Mr. Children is more my cup of tea and they are pretty great.

And some Spanish music... Juanes is pretty great, my Spanish teacher in high school idolized him. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like some Japanese music. Used to watch a lot of anime and they have some really solid songs. Even if I can barely understand them.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

Most of my favorite songs are in Japanese, but I have always been fond of European songs as well.

On 6/14/2018 at 6:32 PM, Passion said:

I listen to Vocaloids, so that must count.

Same here. I am a big fan of vocaloid.

• Brohoof 1

I've enjoyed Rammstien since I was in my teens. I like a fair number of PSYs songs. Oh and I love the Gummy Bear song in french 

I'm big into Jpop and J-rock (as well as some Kpop). I find Jpop more interesting and creative than Western pop. It doesn't bother me that i don't understand the lyrics, although it has inspired me to start learning Japanese.

I'm also a huge heavy metal fan and a lot of my favourite bands sings in their native language.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only two large groups of people right now who are into foreign-language songs are otakus outside of Japan and people who listen to Despacito ironically because M E M E S

But hey, that's not all a bad thing. Look at how Despacito became mainstream and how suddenly and swiftly the normies took it and ran, leaving the meme gurus behind only scraps of their former masterpiece.

• 2 years later...