Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What ponies was from old generation?

CherryAcorn

Heyo!~

Soo we know about the new generation (fanmade ships) and the actual one (mane 6)

But before these 2, what ponies where from the generation?

What ponies where from old generation???

And if Candace included, was she a unicorn?

And Celestia, was she a unicorn?

And what about Luna?

:P

Although not confirmed (I don't think), it's been speculated that Cadance was a pegasus before she became an alicorn. I'm not sure about Celestia and Luna, but I think it's certain that they weren't born an alicorn.

That aside, what exactly is your question? I'm a little confused here.

1 minute ago, StrawCherry said:

Although not confirmed (I don't think), it's been speculated that Cadance was a pegasus before she became an alicorn. I'm not sure about Celestia and Luna, but I think it's certain that they weren't born an alicorn.

I wanna know the old mane 6

3 hours ago, StrawCherry said:

Cadence was a pegasus according to the cannon comics ^^

Celestia and Luna were supposed to be born alicorns, but the newer seasons basically ruined that part of the original cannon

3 hours ago, CherryAcorn said:

I wanna know the old mane 6

alright! *claps hooves together* I know of a few different gens with main ponies I can name off

Gen 3 (before this gen):

Spike- still a dragon

Rarity- a filly unicorn

Sweetie Belle- an adult unicorn

Scootaloo- an adult earth pony

Rainbow Dash- adult earth pony

Pinkie Pie- adult earth pony

Cheerilee- adult earth pony

Starsong- adult flutter pony (pony with butterfly wings)

Toola-Roola- adult earth pony

Other gens:

Posey- adult earth pony (basically Fluttershy)

Firefly- adult pegasus

Minty- earth pony adult

and that's all I can think of at the moment

(edited)
13 minutes ago, BlueBook said:

Celestia and Luna were supposed to be born alicorns, but the newer seasons basically ruined that part of the original cannon

alright! *claps hooves together* I know of a few different gens with main ponies I can name off

Gen 3 (before this gen):

Spike- still a dragon

Rarity- a filly unicorn

Sweetie Belle- an adult unicorn

Scootaloo- an adult earth pony

Rainbow Dash- adult earth pony

Pinkie Pie- adult earth pony

Starsong- adult flutter pony (pony with butterfly wings)

Toola-Roola- adult earth pony

Other gens:

Posey- adult earth pony (basically Fluttershy)

Firefly- adult pegasus

Minty- earth pony adult

and that's all I can think of at the moment

Posey, Firefly and Minty weren't part of the g1 mane 6. There wasn't really a g1 'mane 6' (unless you count the ones from the toyline, which were released as 35th anniversary collectibles a few months ago.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

8 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Posey, Firefly and Minty weren't part of the g1 mane 6. There wasn't really a g1 'mane 6' (unless you count the ones from the toyline, which were released as 35th anniversary collectibles a few months ago.

Thank you

3 hours ago, CherryAcorn said:

Thank you

Actually the Original 6 ponies have been released multiple times, not only just a few months ago.

Here is the pamphlet I was sent with my pony when I ordered them as mail order ponies back in the mid 80's.

27072348_10155341069717685_4514036459564

These ponies were being called 'Collector Ponies' even going back as far as 1986. Here is a mailed letter from Hasbro I received back then about the original 6

being released as mail order ponies:

27336310_10155338213552685_2185727765997

Even going back to 1986, Hasbro itself was considering MLP a collectable toyline. So there wasn't really a main 6 back in the 80's. Hasbro always had new releases of ponies back in the 80's so we were always excited to see new ponies. The TV show was more like an accessory back  in the 80's, the toy line was what most of us who loved MLP were into and looked forward to with each new release of ponies. So our focus was on collecting all the ponies, etc. Not just focusing on 6 ponies, it was more like focusing on 100's of ponies. If you go back and look at the commercials, it was more like an exciting idea to get new ponies for your herd. I know a lot of new fans complain about how Hasbro is just focusing on selling stuff, but that is what they do, they are a toy company.

I honestly wouldn't trade my ponies for anything, especially the ponies I grew up with - and a lot of them I've had for over 30 years. So I think new fans should actually talk to old fans about they're ponies and try to understand the differences. In my mind back when I was a pre-teen/teenager, the ponies were like a beautiful little collection but more like a little family/herd of ponies. So it was always fun and exciting to see what kind of new ponies Hasbro would come out with each time new ponies would show up in store, etc. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, KarentheUnicorn said:

Actually the Original 6 ponies have been released multiple times, not only just a few months ago.

Here is the pamphlet I was sent with my pony when I ordered them as mail order ponies back in the mid 80's.

These ponies were being called 'Collector Ponies' even going back as far as 1986. Here is a mailed letter from Hasbro I received back then about the original 6

Even going back to 1986, Hasbro itself was considering MLP a collectable toyline. So there wasn't really a main 6 back in the 80's. Hasbro always had new releases of ponies back in the 80's so we were always excited to see new ponies. The TV show was more like an accessory back  in the 80's, the toy line was what most of us who loved MLP were into and looked forward to with each new release of ponies. So our focus was on collecting all the ponies, etc. Not just focusing on 6 ponies, it was more like focusing on 100's of ponies. If you go back and look at the commercials, it was more like an exciting idea to get new ponies for your herd. I know a lot of new fans complain about how Hasbro is just focusing on selling stuff, but that is what they do, they are a toy company.

I honestly wouldn't trade my ponies for anything, especially the ponies I grew up with - and a lot of them I've had for over 30 years. So I think new fans should actually talk to old fans about they're ponies and try to understand the differences. In my mind back when I was a pre-teen/teenager, the ponies were like a beautiful little collection but more like a little family/herd of ponies. So it was always fun and exciting to see what kind of new ponies Hasbro would come out with each time new ponies would show up in store, etc. 

thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 10:27 PM, BlueBook said:

It wasn't precisely a comic tho. It was a replica journal. The show has indirectly confirmed that Cadance wasn't born alicorn at least.

About the question, there are many horses and non horses that where adapted or taken the name from previous generations. Among the most well known are: Dashie, Pinks, Cheerilee, Sweetie, Scootie the Cutie, AJ, Spike, Scorpan, and Tirek. There are many more obscure like Troola Loola, Coconut Cream, Rarity, Bon Bon, Minty  (only because she's toyline only), Night Glider, Posey (Fluttershy's mom is basically her with wings :dash:) Starswirl, Meadowbrook, and Somnambula are the ones I can remember right now. Oh, I think Sunny was adapted from Sunshimmer 

On 6/16/2018 at 11:36 AM, KarentheUnicorn said:

I wish I was there when G4 had shades of such practice. I would have loved to see some toy line exclusives and more not so central horses in my collection. But now it's mostly Mane6 or Cuties; hell, even Cheerilee and Sunny stopped appearing in horse toys :sunny:

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2018 at 10:27 AM, BlueBook said:

Gen 3 (before this gen):

Other gens:

Minty- earth pony adult

There was also a unicorn Cheerilee in the first G3. 

I don't remember a Minty before G3.