Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What was the last food you ate?

Member Berry

Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini with mushrooms. Interesting combination! Mind you the flavour of the Tortellini is quite 'subtle' I thought, I had to keep putting more salt and pepper on it. Maybe should have a sauce?

521321236_SpinachandRicottaTortellini.jpg.531896cebe723c5217fa0f9e20e24e6d.jpg

Edited by Tropical Melody

Nopony wants to ask 'What's cowboy style'? :ButtercupLaugh:

Yesterday — potato gratin with sausages, leftover brocolli & parsnips .... nom .....

IMG_4961.jpg.01dbc114b3fd54b3e0f788cdb93feec6.jpg

Yesterday evening — Heinz ravioli on toast.

Edited by Tropical Melody
Typos

2 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

Putting out trash, catching up here, thinking about breakfast.

OK that's enough thinking! :D

And breakfast was..... eggs Benedict, yes again! To be fair not had it for a few days but now the muffins should really be eaten up soon. Again only 1 egg, the other half muffin being covered with fried (in olive oil) courgette slices & chopped mixed peppers (red, green, yellow). Cowboy style ground coffee. :D

I can see you're all agog, so alright I'll tell you. :D

Coffee Cowboy Style
NB: must be ground coffee, not instant (no point with instant)

Start heating a pan or kettle of water, however much water for however many cups or mugs you want. (I do half a litre for 3 teacups worth.)

When the water is not too hot you can still dip your fingers in it, add the coffee grounds (amount to match how much water). Bring to the boil, then simmer (low heat boil) for 5 minutes. (At the moment I'm using Columbian ready-ground.)

Take off the heat then pour in a little cold water (don't stir), this causes the grounds to sink to the bottom.

Pour and serve! Filtering not needed. :D

Enjoy rich smooth campfire coffee as tho you were out on the range! :mlp_yeehaa:

Top tip – use a billy can and tin mug for extra realism. Knock yourselves out. :D