Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Group 28 - Saddle Arabia

Alright, let’s go Scootaloo and Rumble! Best pegasus foals!

279F95A7-765D-4CBF-8494-094C74F89024.thumb.png.d5395533b6f6c3be0135a66d0a69c48b.png

Little story, back when I started watching the show and following the fandom, I was very much drawn to Scootaloo and the fanon theories that she was an orphan. I myself had just recently lost my parents (Mom in Jan.2010, and Dad in Oct.2011) so I was naturally drawn to her character. I even made an attempt at a fanfic about her. Sleepless in Ponyville is still one of my favorite episodes, and it’s been really fulfilling to see her growing up (though not taller).

As for Rumble, well, I’ve always been a big fan of his design, and he had a really good episode last season.

Spoiler

75269512-E37E-4FEF-87A9-3D15D4298920.thumb.png.cbe81e3508954afc25f7de1b5cad1b90.png

• Brohoof 5
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scootaloo

640?cb=20130111035105

Scootaloo has probably one of the most heartwarming, and possibly most challenging, arc of the Crusaders. She starts the show with no direct connection to any of the adult characters, limiting her possible interactions. We witness her unapologetic fangirling of Rainbow Dash evolve to a stronger sisterly bond. We've seen Scootaloo struggle with her difficulty in flying, and more recently we have seen her demonstrate remarkable growth as she opens up to Dash about her disappointment with Rainbow's response toward RD's parents. Scoots is a stellar character on the show, and I look forward to seeing some of the voters champion this little Pegasus that could. 

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't say that I was moved by @ShootingStar159's reason for feeling a personal connection to Scootaloo. Pear Butter has a similar pull for me. Also, from what I have seen of you on MLPF, your parents would be proud of who you are. /)

• Brohoof 8

Going with Flurry and Scoots here, but vote #3 goes to a character probably most have forgotten; who represents a species who has only appeared twice in the show, sadly.

the_chieftain_s_pride_by_huussii-d96ba9p

• Brohoof 3

Scootaloo, no doubt, gets my vote. So does Bright Mac.

And the third vote goes to the brave changeling to dared stand up againts the ManBearPig maulwurf. Give some love to Pharynx! I mean, literally, he needs to eat.

1526538__safe_artist-colon-assasinmonkey

• Brohoof 4
1 minute ago, Goat-kun said:

Yeah people. Vote for Pharynx. He can make changelings decent again.

Metamorphosed_Pharynx_ID_S7E17.png.e961e1939ef4d74d7d57e14638dc83a8.png

Yah know, I am changing a vote from Flurry to Pharynx. For some odd reason I forgot he was on the list. :o

Also...he is QUITE the looker here~ :please:

• Brohoof 3

640?cb=20171008144659

Twilight level scheduling decisions coming right up!

I Just made a slight change in the schedule for the last few groups. Group 30 is now scheduled the day BEFORE Group 29

Group 30 - Yakyakistan - February 21

Group 29 - Changeling Kingdom - February 22

I made the change at the request of a forum user who wants to be available to do something special that day and would have to work otherwise. 

• Brohoof 4

This group is really interesting in that there are some heavy hitters in terms of popular characters. I'm not surprised that Scootaloo is leading the pack but I am surprised that Pharynx isn't doing all that well. I know he's a recent addition to the Changeling cast and the FiM world in general but I had thought he would be going toe-to-toe against Scootaloo, Anyway, I'm going to vote for Flurry Heart on account that she is really underrated along with being unfairly criticized by the fandom. I know she's another alicorn and is seen as being unnecessary but her adorable nature won me over the moment I first saw her.

• Brohoof 3

I think the issue with Pharynx comes down to his personality, and considering the popularity of Scootaloo, the Perfect Pear effect with Bright Mac, and Flurry's cuteness & surprising character development, Pharynx would have competition.

to_change_a_changeling_s7_ep_17___pharyn

finished__by_silverknight27-dbnd3hw.png

Still; give best bug-deer some luv! <3

• Brohoof 3
4 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I think the issue with Pharynx comes down to his personality, and considering the popularity of Scootaloo, the Perfect Pear effect with Bright Mac, and Flurry's cuteness & surprising character development, Pharynx would have competition.

I'm not surprised at all. Pharynx is a meanie who has a point. That's a big no-no. You can only be a misguided meanie with a tragic past ;)

• Brohoof 2

Bright Mac and Scootaloo were selected to represent Saddle Arabia with Flurry, Pharynx, Mr. Cake, and Rumble getting a second shot. 

36 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

I'm not surprised at all. Pharynx is a meanie who has a point. That's a big no-no. You can only be a misguided meanie with a tragic past ;)

Very unique character for this show indeed.

• Brohoof 2
55 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

If only he had a mustache. :(

• Brohoof 1
Just now, Jeric said:

Well, he is a Changeling. The guy has access to an instant 'stache. Does that count?

....well, can't argue that point! :mustache:

• Brohoof 2

I'm really surprised about Pharynx. He's among the best newer characters, IMO. Thorax needs a foil within his hive of reformed changelings.

I'm glad Scootaloo and Bright Mac did well. Those two and Pharynx were my votes. Flurry Heart is cute, but she's too young for us to really get a sense of her personality. That's why I didn't vote for the Cake children earlier in the team qualifier round, either.

• Brohoof 3
6 hours ago, Prospekt said:

I'm really surprised about Pharynx. He's among the best newer characters, IMO. Thorax needs a foil within his hive of reformed changelings.

I'm glad Scootaloo and Bright Mac did well. Those two and Pharynx were my votes. Flurry Heart is cute, but she's too young for us to really get a sense of her personality. That's why I didn't vote for the Cake children earlier in the team qualifier round, either.

I like Pharynx, a lot. He is true to the Hive, devoted in fact, but that doesn't mean he is nice; while Thorax deserved his new role because he was able to move his entire hive from the primative "hunting" society they were to one that can produce their own "food", Pharynx too deserves his deer-bug form because he was willing to sacrifice his own life to defend the Hive, despite their almost universal rejection of him.

• Brohoof 3