Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any fans of country Music here?

AJ2489

Yessss, I mostly listen to cash Waylon stuff like that as far as newer stuff goes I like Luke Combs, Three Tall Pines, Chris Knight, kinda more undergoindish stuff not a lot of people have heard of oh and c.w. McCall! And a bit of 90s Allan Jackson! Yeehawww! Love me some of that there country music from the Great state of Nebraska! 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Blivy said:

Yessss, I mostly listen to cash Waylon stuff like that as far as newer stuff goes I like Luke Combs, Three Tall Pines, Chris Knight, kinda more undergoindish stuff not a lot of people have heard of oh and c.w. McCall! And a bit of 90s Allan Jackson! Yeehawww! Love me some of that there country music from the Great state of Nebraska! 

Hell yeah Willie, Waylon and the boys are the best! I don't listen to much newer stuff except Luke combs and Brad Paisley 

Can't go wrong with Jackson or McCall! 

I listen to some of it. Sometimes I listen to some of the older stuff. "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" is my favourite song right now and it got me into other songs in the genre.

• Brohoof 2

It's not something I listen to all the time, but there is some of it that I like.  Johnny Cash and Aaron Tippin are two that come to mind whose music I've liked.

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Colt 45 said:

I listen to some of it. Sometimes I listen to some of the older stuff. "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" is my favourite song right now and it got me into other songs in the genre.

Charlie Daniels band, good choice! haha 

13 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

It's not something I listen to all the time, but there is some of it that I like.  Johnny Cash and Aaron Tippin are two that come to mind whose music I've liked.

Both are great artists! 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm a casual fan. I couldn't tell you a lot of bands I listen to but I love the song "Dirt on my boots." As well as "the Devil went down to Georgia," but come on, everyone knows that song. Admittedly, and this is something I kind of hate to admit because it makes me a hypocrite, I started listening to it because it had such a bad rap. Both of my brothers made fun of it as a one note genre for simpletons and the rest of the country conflated country music with everything they hated. (Such as even passively expressed patriotism. Can't be proud of the U.S.A these days apparently. :dry:) So I started listening to it. Which is reactionary logic which I hate but I don't regret the decision even if I regret the reason for I made it.

If you have any recommendations OP, I'd love to hear them.

@AJ2489

3 hours ago, AJ2489 said:

Johnny Cash and Aaron Tippin are two that come to mind whose music I've liked.

Oh wait, I take one thing back about not being able to name bands and artists, I LOVE Johnny Cash! Man in Black all the way.

"God's gonna cut you down."

"A Boy named Sue"

"The Man Comes Around" SO good!

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

Me!

I like both the older country songs and the newer country songs. From Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, John Anderson, Travis Tritt, John Conlee and George Strait to the newer stars like Blake Shelton and Kenny Chesney. My favorite decades of country music is the 70s, 80s, and 90s. In fact, right now, I'm listening to a very underrated cover of the Eagle's "Take It Easy" by Billy Mize (1973). Gotta love the Bakersfield Sound (one of the subgenres of country music that has more of a rock and roll twist to it. Very popular in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.)

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

I'm a casual fan. I couldn't tell you a lot of bands I listen to but I love the song "Dirt on my boots." As well as "the Devil went down to Georgia," but come on, everyone knows that song. Admittedly, and this is something I kind of hate to admit because it makes me a hypocrite, I started listening to it because it had such a bad rap. Both of my brothers made fun of it as a one note genre for simpletons and the rest of the country conflated country music with everything they hated. (Such as even passively expressed patriotism. Can't be proud of the U.S.A these days apparently. :dry:) So I started listening to it. Which is reactionary logic which I hate but I don't regret the decision even if I regret the reason for I made it.

If you have any recommendations OP, I'd love to hear them.

@AJ2489

Oh wait, I take one thing back about not being able to name bands and artists, I LOVE Johnny Cash! Man in Black all the way.

"God's gonna cut you down."

"A Boy named Sue"

"The Man Comes Around" SO good!

Jon Pardi is a great up and coming artist so is Luke combs- you should give him a try! 

Yup you can't beat the man in black!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Been a huge fan of country throughout most of my life. I mainly listen to country from 2006 and earlier, as country became too pop influenced after that. There are still a few songs here and there from after 2006 I do like, but I mainly stick to stuff from around or before 2006.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmm. Does John Denver count as country?

I love country music. But i don't consider myself a fan in the sense that i don't follow specific bands.

P.S. also who could resist this one

Edited by Lord Valtasar

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...