Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the movie were nominated.

CastletonSnob

17 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

If the movie had been nominated at the Oscars, do you think it could have won an award? Was it good enough?

In all honestly; no. As much as I love the film for what it is, it's nothing compared to other films like Coco. The closest award that it probably MIGHT have had a chance for was Original Song for Sia's "Rainbow," but even then...not sure.

• Brohoof 5

Compared to other animated movies released last year, the My Little Pony movie wouldn't have stood a chance. Granted, some of the songs might have won though that's also a stretch as those same movies also had very good songs.

The Oscars are fake dude. Any movie can win one if they buy it. The entire award show is a sham, just like critics are kind of a sham. Critic reviews often are completely different from the public opinion. The people behind the MLP movie enjoyed working on it and made it because they were fans and wanted to give something to the fans. I have the blu-ray and Uzo herself says she agreed to do it because she loved the franchise since she was a kid and was a fan still. Everyone involved made this movie for the fans and knew it wasn't going to win any Oscars.

That is the best way to make a movie: make it because you want to make it.