Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are you Introverted or Extroverted?

MangoFoalix

1 hour ago, Totally Lucky said:

I spend WAY more time with friends and family rather than spending time alone, and honestly I can't stand being alone. Yes, yes, I do have my rare moments of wanting some alone time, but it never lasts long. I also love talking with and meeting new folks, and I've never had problems with that. Let's see...what else...oh yeah, I also tend to talk a lot, sometimes to the point where it annoys other people. :laugh: And I really enjoy activities that involve being around lots of people. So am I extroverted? I'd say yes. 

57 minutes ago, Possibly Cyclone 1066 said:

I once parked on the opposite end of a Walmart from where everything I needed was because that's where the self checkout was. Definitely introverted.

You two sound like opposites and they do say opposites attract

As for me, I am introverted to the point of having little to no friends in real life.

• Brohoof 3

I'm more of an introvert. Granted I am fine with doing things with people, but considering my geography and general interests I tend to be by myself. Tho; depending on the event I don't mind going out, but...yeah. :p

• Brohoof 2

I'm very much introverted. I do, however, spend time every day with my online friends. I just cant handle being around people for very long. two hours is usually my limit in real life. Longer online. :D 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Starlight1357 said:

I'm very much introverted. I do, however, spend time every day with my online friends. I just cant handle being around people for very long. two hours is usually my limit in real life. Longer online. :D 

I too like hanging online, and being in a large office at work is exhausting to me. I compensate this by listening music.

• Brohoof 1

It depends for me. I would say that most of the time, I'm an introvert, I don't really talk to a whole lot of people irl. Not that I can't, because I'm a very good conversationalist, I just don't really care to talk to many people irl. I'm a bit different online, obviously since I'm on this forum I do like to talk to people online, I honestly like having online friends better than irl friends. I think in general I've meet more people here online than I ever have irl. So it depends on the situation, irl I'm introverted, but online I tend to be more open. :grin: 

• Brohoof 2

On 6/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, Exactly TheTaZe said:

Let's play a little game, are you Introverted or Extroverted?

I personally am Introverted due to me like spending a lot of time by myself.

Though that doesn't make me a hermit since I do like spending time with people when it comes to certain things.

I'm Both.

Introvert When I'm home  Me Spouce Kids. Visitors do not want any. Do not Mind Gods Creatures Visitors, however people no thank you. Love my Privacy.

Extrovert when I'm in public  i will talk to anyone weather they listen or not.

• Brohoof 1

Mmmn, a bit of both. I like people and I like to be around people, but I typically get more work done without the distractions.

Very highly introverted. People in general tend to scare me, so I avoid confrontation of any kind most of the time. If someone is friendly to me I do highly appreciate that though and I thank them for it. I just have trouble directly communicating and I instinctively avoid eye contact. With all of this, I tend to stay in my room most of the time. I am always afraid I will come off  as weird or something to others.

• Brohoof 1

I am introverted, although less so than when I was younger. I like to stay in a corner with a book if I’m in a room with many people. I don’t like interacting with people in general, outside of school.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Totally Nature Tune said:

I don’t like interacting with people in general, outside of school.

Ehh... Oddly reminds me about myself. My social interaction mostly happens in the school environment.

13 hours ago, Totally Nature Tune said:

I like to stay in a corner with a book

In public places, I like to sit and stay quiet with my phone if I bring it or anything interesting to read will work too.

In general, I have no problem interacting with other people. but I usually stay at home most of the day, except for school , so social interaction is limited for me.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would say I'm sort of an in-between case. Unless it's with family or other people I know well (yeah, mostly family :P), I really rarely start a conversation, mostly because the things I like to talk about don't really match others' interests. But if something happens to make me start talking and it's about a subject that interests me, there's no stopping me! :love:

• Brohoof 2

Ugh, I hate when people see it necessary to label others or themselfs as 'introverted' and 'extroverted' :eww: I probably woundn't have problem with this if it woudn't have became an online trend couple years ago. Suddenly every place - were it clickbait headline or frontbage of newspaper- were crowded with lines like "Top 10 jobs for extoverted people" or "Are you and introvert? Dont worry, you can still be usefull in your workplace". I honestly don't see the point why we should try to categorise people by using only two words! You woudn't even try to divide all the animals on the planet only with terms like "big scarry ones that will jump on you and eat you" and "ones that are harmless". Crappy example, but the point I try to make is that all people are individuals and when it comes to personality traits, there's no absolute black and white.

Don't get me wrong, these are rather nifty terms and can be handy at times, but why, why on Earth we can't describe people like we used to, before this nauseating extroverted/introverted sorting became popular? I for instance aren't just one extremity, I'm blend of both of them. I might be reserved at first and might not always be as emancipated around stangers as some others might be. Then again, I like meeting new people, I enjoy working on a customer service sector, I'm often the loudest one in the crowd and I like attention.

If one can fit themself on this bipolar definition, that's fine. But were it color scheme of an art piece or someones personality, why should we restrict ourself as if adjectives would cost something? Why not be thorough and precise?

Sorry about the rant :P

• Brohoof 1