Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What kind of art are you most interested in?

TheDragonflyArtShop

(edited)

I like all kind of visual and creative arts, mostly i enjoy calm visual work of abstract nature with clear coloring contrast as it really pleases my eye. Though i have lot of respect of all art as creating something is pretty tough.

Edited by Zhang Xiu Ying

I love surrealism drawings and paintings almost exclusively if we’re talking about art that I’m passionate about. But art abstract category in general is something I really like, as well as pop art.

I like odd, abstract, surrealism, dark (humor), tragic,  and random kind of art. Basically anything that speaks the kind of person I am. 

I absolutely adore Impressionist paintings. Impressionists have such an instinctive understanding of light that makes a painting seem almost three dimensional. It floors me every time. :sunbutt:

• 1 month later...

I like all kinds of pieces of art, being it video installation, sculpture, painting or something else. As Valtasar said above "any kind if it's done well" ^_^ "Good" or "well made" are of course subjective terms, but for me "good art" means something that requires both skill and creativity, is cabable to appeal one's emotions and is more or less unique. I have some issues with abstract paintings for reasons listed earlier. I like works of, let's say for example Jackson Pollock, but some of his paintings are just paint splashes on canvas. Literally anybody could do something similar, being it five year old child or elephant. Techique like his was revolutionary at his time, but nowadays it's done to death and copying it is just lazy unless artist is able to bring something new to it. Often they aren't...

Classical art demand more from their makers and that's maybe one reason I have always prefferred it over more 'forgiving' artforms. Trends come and go but classics are always in.

Techniques I have always loved are lithography and graphic art. Reciprocally, I have always hated naïve/primitive art, it's just an excuse of being poor painter :eww: Of course that just my opinion and there are many exceptions to it. For instance Maria Primachenko's art is quite delightful

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to What kind of art are you most interested in?