Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 80's era lounge

SDP40F amtrak

7 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Thanks, @Twilight Sparkle is best! I love that song! (I even like the movie!) :D

You welcome

5 hours ago, Longhaul said:

I don't know about wacky, but it was definitely about good times and lots of Aqua Net.  This was high-school era for me, and just remembering how things were, and the music, and just how far things had advanced in general is a nice walk back to the past.  Synths were everywhere mostly because, thanks to smaller and more advanced electronics, they were cheaper and easier to produce. A couple of examples of synth-heavy bands I liked were Men Without Hats and Visage.

Drinks?  I think we still have some New Coke in stock or maybe some Pepsi Free.

Remember these?

* Leg warmers and ra-ra skirts.

* Pound Puppies

* Slip n Slide

* Trading football cards in the playground

* No breakfast TV and when TV shut down at midnight, and when there was nothing on TV in the middle of the day except for that test card girl with the stupid clown and a blackboard.

* Staying glued to the radio so that you could record your favourite songs on to a mix tape.

* Playing Hopscotch, British Bulldog, Tag, Stick-In-The-Mud, skipping games, marbles and/or conkers in the school playground.

* Going out to play all day, coming home for tea then going out again and only coming home when the street lights came on.

* Watching "The Goonies" so many times, you practically wore out the tape.

* Being led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon, wearing silver suits and driving cars that flew.

* Wearing fluorescent socks, with a different colour on each foot.

* Proudly owning a Megadrive (Genesis) or SNES console.

* Care Bears and Wuzzles.

* Partying like it's 1999 seemed SO far away.

* You got one pound a week pocket money, and felt really rich.

* You know what Opal Fruits, Treats and Marathon bars are.

* You wanted to be She-ra (or He-man if you're male) and held a stick above your head while shouting, "By the power/For the honour of Grayskull!"

* You bought Sweet Cigarettes and pretended to smoke like the grown ups.

* There was only one phone in the house, and only one TV.

* Your family owned a sandwich toaster, a Soda Stream and/or a Mr Frosty.

* Going to the cinema and having an interval in the middle of the film where a nice lady came round with ice creams to sell.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Pripyat Pony said:

Remember these?

* Pound Puppies

* Slip n Slide

* No breakfast TV and when TV shut down at midnight, and when there was nothing on TV in the middle of the day except for that test card girl with the stupid clown and a blackboard.

* Staying glued to the radio so that you could record your favourite songs on to a mix tape.

* Playing Hopscotch, British Bulldog, Tag, Stick-In-The-Mud, skipping games, marbles and/or conkers in the school playground.

* Going out to play all day, coming home for tea then going out again and only coming home when the street lights came on.

* Being led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon, wearing silver suits and driving cars that flew.

* You wanted to be She-ra (or He-man if you're male) and held a stick above your head while shouting, "By the power/For the honour of Grayskull!"

* Going to the cinema and having an interval in the middle of the film where a nice lady came round with ice creams to sell.

Yep that's 80's 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

80s and 90s music videos were the best.

Indeed.

Just now, Pripyat Pony said:

Remember these?

* Pound Puppies

* Slip n Slide

Vividly.  And thanks for the next video idea.

• Brohoof 1

Haha I also remember riding bikes with no helmet or shin pads, climbing to the top of a hill and rolling all the way down, lying face down on a skateboard and riding bikes down stairs. XD Health and safety didn't exist back then. We 80s kids were tough. :D

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Pripyat Pony said:

Remember these?

* Pound Puppies

* Slip n Slide

Pretty much my childhood. You left out listening to the Ghostbusters theme song over 100 times a day.

• Brohoof 2

Not to mention re-enacting The A-Team. I have three brothers, and we used to do that all the time. If anyone's interested, I was always Face. Yes, I am a girl, but so what? :D

• Brohoof 1

Kids these days will never understand the experience of watching Saturday morning cartoons for hours with a bowl of cereal.

Yeah, when there used to be good cartoons to watch.

• Brohoof 1

Kids these days will never understand the experience of watching Saturday morning cartoons for hours with a bowl of cereal.

Including old school music like old hip hop  rap  rock pop heavy metal and country

• Brohoof 2

My favorite movie from the 1980's is "Uncle Buck" starring John Candy &

my favorite song from the 1980's is "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Pripyat Pony said:

Not to mention re-enacting The A-Team. I have three brothers, and we used to do that all the time. If anyone's interested, I was always Face. Yes, I am a girl, but so what? :D

a-team_1.jpg?itok=ZW8qovPC&resize=767x43

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

My favorite movie from the 1980's is "Uncle Buck" starring John Candy &

my favorite song from the 1980's is "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

Yeah, when there used to be good cartoons to watch.

Oh yeah. They were goofy but we didn’t care. They were awesome. 

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 1