Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 80's era lounge

SDP40F amtrak

(edited)

I remember staying up all night on Fridays and Saturdays watching this:

nightflight.jpg.dd3f33f0298c54553c0e19f1c16322a2.jpg

I thought the New Wave Theater segment was great!

(This was one of the ways I got to see music videos because my cable company didn't carry MTV)

Edited by Longhaul

Who remembers watching...

* Fraggle Rock

* Button Moon

* Grange Hill

* Dungeons And Dragons

* Wacky Races

* Pigeon Street

* Bagpuss

* Mysterious Cities Of Gold

* Ulysses33

* Knightmare

* Thunderbirds

* Thundercats

* The Magic Roundabout

* Dangermouse

* The Trap Door

* Moomins

* Rainbow

(Note: not mentioning the shows that have already been mentioned on this thread, like He-man, She-ra, etc)

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Pripyat Pony said:

* Fraggle Rock

* Button Moon

* Grange Hill

* Dungeons And Dragons

* Wacky Races

* Pigeon Street

* Bagpuss

* Ulysses33

* Knightmare

* Thunderbirds

* Thundercats

* The Magic Roundabout

* Dangermouse

* The Trap Door

* Moomins

* Rainbow

(Note: not mentioning the shows that have already been mentioned on this thread, like He-man, She-ra, etc)

Your also forget the real Ghostbusters

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Pripyat Pony said:

* Fraggle Rock

* Button Moon

* Grange Hill

* Dungeons And Dragons

* Wacky Races

* Pigeon Street

* Bagpuss

* Ulysses33

* Knightmare

* Thunderbirds

* Thundercats

* The Magic Roundabout

* Dangermouse

* The Trap Door

* Moomins

* Rainbow

I remember watching Nightmare when I lived in England. A lot of the kids they had on that show were morons. You wanted to reach through the TV and strange them.

7 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

I do.  Loved that show.

He was our science guy before Bill Nye.

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

He was our science guy before Bill Nye.

Most definitely.

Just got a big rush for a lot of those shows.

NBC had: The Smurfs, Mister T, The Snorks, Kidd Video, Alvin & the Chipmunks, ALF: The Animated Series, The Gummi Bears, and the animated Fraggle Rock series.

ABC had: Bugs Bunny Show (titles changed over the years, but they constantly showed old Warner Bros. cartoons), Heathcliff, Pac-Man, Super Friends, and Rubik: The Amazing Cube, to name a few, along with their Weekend Specials.

CBS had: Teen Wolf, Saturday Supercade (cartoon shorts with Donkey Kong, Frogger, Pitfall Harry (from the Activision game Pitfall!), Donkey Kong, Jr, and Q*Bert), Pee-Wee's Playhouse, The Get Along Gang, Garfield and Friends, and Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n Wrestling, with In The News segments in between shows.

NOTE: This is just a small sampling of what was on in the 80s, there's tons more that I either can't remember or didn't list here.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Longhaul said:

Most definitely.

Just got a big rush for a lot of those shows.

NBC had: The Smurfs, Mister T, The Snorks, Kidd Video, Alvin & the Chipmunks, ALF: The Animated Series, The Gummi Bears, and the animated Fraggle Rock series.

ABC had: Bugs Bunny Show (titles changed over the years, but they constantly showed old Warner Bros. cartoons), Heathcliff, Pac-Man, Super Friends, and Rubik: The Amazing Cube, to name a few, along with their Weekend Specials.

CBS had: Teen Wolf, Saturday Supercade (cartoon shorts with Donkey Kong, Frogger, Pitfall Harry (from the Activision game Pitfall!), Donkey Kong, Jr, and Q*Bert), Pee-Wee's Playhouse, The Get Along Gang, Garfield and Friends, and Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n Wrestling, with In The News segments in between shows.

NOTE: This is just a small sampling of what was on in the 80s, there's tons more that I either can't remember or didn't list here.

These shorts were on a lot with different actors.

C5A25906-AE22-4784-A0B3-FA65E7D987CF.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

If this counts, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (1987) is my favorite cartoon from the 1980's.

Yes!  This was awesome!

• Brohoof 1

Eh, never really watched the cartoon Ghostbusters, think it clashed with something else. We only had one TV back then, remember? XD

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

TMNT was popular in the 80's/90's like MLP:FiM is today. 

And died when they tried to reboot the franchise. Probably a lesson for Hasbro there...

• Brohoof 1

Just now, CypherHoof said:

And died when they tried to reboot the franchise. Probably a lesson for Hasbro there...

Ninja Turtles is still pretty popular which, is why they reboot it so much. 

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

It didn’t help that they merchandised the hell out of TMNT. Kids and parents got tired of it and moved on.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

It didn’t help that they merchandised the hell out of TMNT. Kids and parents got tired of it and moved on.

It happens to a lot of shows like that, they hit a point of saturation.

Here's a new topic:  Anyone have memories of going to the rollerskating rink?  I use to go with some friends of mine from the neighborhood on Friday nights.  It was a nice way to have fun and hear all that great music we loved.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

It happens to a lot of shows like that, they hit a point of saturation.

Here's a new topic:  Anyone have memories of going to the rollerskating rink?  I use to go with some friends of mine from the neighborhood on Friday nights.  It was a nice way to have fun and hear all that great music we loved.

There was a local one that we would go to for parties. It had an arcade where we lost slot of quarters playing Gauntlet. Good times.

2 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

There was a local one that we would go to for parties. It had an arcade where we lost slot of quarters playing Gauntlet. Good times.

I should get out MAME and organize a four-way gauntlet session :)

• Brohoof 1

I lived in a tiny village so we didn't have anything like that. Instead, we'd all go down the playing field and play football or rounders, then go catch the ice cream van. XD

• Brohoof 1