Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Summer Sun Celebration 2018

Jeric

36 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Wait; NO ONE did this! Are you serious!? Imma gonna have to have a Dark Souls talk with you guys. :yeahno:

Dark souls? @PathfinderCS, since dark magic is restricted in Equestria, I am not so sure it is advisable to advocate its study unless you are a powerful and mature Unicorn Mage. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Can you make summer forever? School is boring and it is for nerds. I want to stay on and be lazy.

While I won't ruin the celebration with a lecture over the importance of education in pony society, I have to point out that many non-summer holidays and activities are enjoyable as well. I would miss my secret one-on-one games of horse-hockey with my dear sister. 

• Brohoof 2

41 minutes ago, introvertjournalist said:

Hey @Princess Celestia do you like the summer sun celebrations that all the ponies throw?

Some are certainly different. Canterlot was the most selected venue until I decided to have it rotated quite some time ago. I do recall a most interesting celebration that took place in the dark forest settlement within Hollow Shades. As you probably know, it is the main settlement of Bat-Ponies. Their village blocks out most of the Sun since heir are sensitive to natural light. Instead, their mayor created a large torch that generated lich fire. Lich fire, like dragon fire, is a magical fire that gives off a lower light and has a unique glow color, in this case it is a nice shade of violet. When I fly up above the tree tops I raise the Sun and a small sun beam illuminates the candle signaling the mayor to light the torch. 

The Lich Torch

In%20The%20Light%20Festival%20Poster%202

51 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Though regardless of the weather, I will be partaking in the nature walk my employer is hosting in your honor. 

I look forward to hearing all about it! nature walks are a remarkably effective way to decompress and clear your mind. Your employers sounds like like-minded individuals. 

7 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Ah, Midsummer, the time of year when you can find great treasures hidden in the forest. I probably left out o few steps but that's the gist of it.

I sense a darkness about you ... 

20 minutes ago, Princess Celestia said:

Dark souls? @PathfinderCS, since dark magic is restricted in Equestria, I am not so sure it is advisable to advocate its study unless you are a powerful and mature Unicorn Mage. 

Is dark magic all that bad? And don't underestimate us deer. Sometimes I wonder if King Aspen is right to have a scruffy attitude with you ponies.......no offense. :nom:

• Brohoof 2

43 minutes ago, Princess Celestia said:

Some are certainly different. Canterlot was the most selected venue until I decided to have it rotated quite some time ago. I do recall a most interesting celebration that took place in the dark forest settlement within Hollow Shades. As you probably know, it is the main settlement of Bat-Ponies. Their village blocks out most of the Sun since heir are sensitive to natural light. Instead, their mayor created a large torch that generated lich fire. Lich fire, like dragon fire, is a magical fire that gives off a lower light and has a unique glow color, in this case it is a nice shade of violet. When I fly up above the tree tops I raise the Sun and a small sun beam illuminates the candle signaling the mayor to light the torch.

Lich? A word not usually associated with celebrations. And for corpse fire to give out violet light, or light at all. Tell the good mayor he'd been swindled.

53 minutes ago, Princess Celestia said:

I sense a darkness about you ... 

Is that a problem?

Happy Summer Sun celebration, your majesty, @Princess Celestia, may your excellence shine all over us. :D

medium.jpeg

16 hours ago, Jeric said:

What is your favorite thing about summer? Do you have a favorite summer memory or amusing anecdote related to summer

My favorite thing about Summer is how nature looks and how the bright sunlight shines down on it and the cute little animals. Not to mention the pool/beach weather. :P And there was no school in the summer which was a huge plus for me. ^_^ I always remember going everywhere because of that and going to the pools and beaches as much as I could and playing outside. :grin: 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Princess Celestia said:

Might I ask what your special talent is?

Well... It is characterized by the frowned-upon yet necessary consumption of the ectothermic, carnivorous species of reptile known formally as Ophidia, or perhaps more colloquially know as Snakes. 

Hence the name...

Spoiler

:orly:

But nah, as for my actual talent...

Well, does drinking count? :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Princess Celestia, while I appreciate you bringing the summer to us all, I agree with @Sunset Rose that it had been too warm here lately. Weeks ago, we had bad flooding near here from all the rain and now it’s very warm. 

Like yourself, I will be working during the summer. Hopefully I will be able to take a vacation. Would it be too much to ask for you to grace us with your presence at Bronycon next month?

What was the last prank that Luna pulled on you? Do you have a revenge prank planned?

Edited by Twilight Luna

(edited)
1 hour ago, PathfinderCS said:

Is dark magic all that bad? And don't underestimate us deer. Sometimes I wonder if King Aspen is right to have a scruffy attitude with you ponies.......no offense. :nom:

Dark magic has led to some of the worst moments in Equestrian history. From Sombra's overthrowing the Crystal Empire, to Grogar's machinations about 1000 years ago. The most concerning was when Sunburst accidentally experimented with dark magic and wound up accidentally sending Discord, the Griffons, most Dragons, and practically all of our allies to an alternate world. What made this worse is that it happened right before the Storm King invaded leaving us unable to call upon our allies. 

This is why the Treaty of White Tail Woods is one of my highest priorities. We may have been able to push back the invasion with your assistance. 

15 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Princess Celestia your majesty, I heard a rumor a long time ago, that white is not your natural coat color. Why if this 'photo' is to be believed, it was a slightly different shade originally.

Reveal hidden contents

th?id=OIP.8tfd2w2oXxNnHWX_5mNpIwHaHa&pid

princess_celestia_mad__by_the3javi-d5cwf

Let me ask you a question. Do you like bananas?

Edited by Princess Celestia
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)
3 hours ago, BronyNumber 2nd Amendment said:

When you have a full time job, summer is meaningless :yeahno:

*hugs* I feel for thee, mine friend, and can so relate.

16 minutes ago, Princess Celestia said:

Let me ask you a question. Do you like bananas?

Oh, Tia, dost not start on that topic, please... :orly::D

Happy Your Day, by the way, sunny!

*hoofbump*

mlp-art-my-little-pony-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%B

Edited by Alexshy
  • Brohoof 5

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"What is your favorite type of cake?

Red velvet cake with mixed berries. Both Mrs. Cake and Pinkie Pie have baked this before and I instantly fell in love with it. I'm also an not-so-secret admirer of Manehattan cheesecake. 

1 minute ago, TheTaZe said:

Dear @Princess Celestia,

who is best pony?:sealed:

*chuckles* 

So many individuals are so fixated on this, while I am duty bound to advise you that I love my subjects equally, I must admit to having a close connection with Luna, Twilight, my niece Cadance, a mirror universe Sombra (that was a long story that I do not wish to explain at this time), and Philomena. 

• Brohoof 2