Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather live in the past, present, or future?

Dashy 4 Ever

Would you rather live in the past, present, or future?  

25 users have voted

1. 1. Would you rather live in the past, present, or future?

• Past
    • Present
    • Future
    • None?

(edited)

(Please correct me if I mest up with the post)

I would choose to live in the future because I could then see what's happening with MLP, new phones, flying cars, etc.

Edited by Sondash Studios

(edited)

I'd prefer living in the past for various reasons. Nostalgia being one of them. Also so I wouldn't feel as guilty towards the dumb stuff that I did when I was younger.

Edited by Cash_In

7 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I'd prefer living in the past for various reasons. Nostalgia being one of them. Also so I wouldn't feel as guilty towards the reckless mistakes that I made when I was younger.

It would be cool if a second chance was given for each life event. Life would be much easier, that way!:mlp_icwudt:

Well, as regarding me, I wouldn't really know... I'm now used to the many comforts the present provides, but living in the past would be way too cool! Sometimes I wish I was born in the mid 30's, so that I could have enjoyed my youth in the 40's/50's. I don't know about future, on the other hand...sure, many possible cool things and all, but who knows what could happen, I mean, have you seen Black Mirror!?:blink:

Jokes aside, one can only hope for the best. It's not 100% confirmed, but my answer, as of now, would be the present, but it can always be switched with the past...I'm so confused!:lie:

• Brohoof 1

I'd choose past over future since I'll roughly know what to expect, but I'd prefer to stay where I'm at. I might have had some happier moments in the past but I'm not sure it'd be healthy and go back through them, and there's also taking the good with the bad and all the filler moments inbetween and it just becomes a hassle.

The tattered remnants of my optimism would like to live in the future in the belief that everything there is just wonderful but it probably won't be. The more morbid part of me would do the same but to see just how far humanity falls. Either way, it would be interesting to travel to the 22nd century and read up on 21st century history. I've no doubt that history-themed movies would be quite interesting to see either way. Who knows how recognizable Earth would even be by then.

Well, I would want to live in the past, I think the 1920's would have been a great time to be alive. The economy was great, life was fast paced, new things were being invented left and right, grand parties were being thrown, it was truly the golden decade of the the last century :D

I'd give anything to live in my past. Summer 2007 or before, but the era of 2005-2007 would be best. Going back to when I had no medical issues and life was so peaceful, and having a second chance to not be a moron and actually take care of myself.

That's the only time I would go to. As much as I love old music and studying history, actually living in any of those times would be hell. My rights would be taken away, the quality of life would drastically decline, etc., etc. I wouldn't want to go to the future, either. That would be going into a life without ever getting to see my family and friends ever again. Plus, I don't trust the future right now. My country is really taking a turn for the ugly.

The present, obviously. 

This is, without a doubt, the best time to be alive. We have everything from modern medicine to the internet to dental hygiene. Why anybody would willingly give up any of that is beyond me. 

Also, the reason wanting to live in the future is silly is because we have no idea what's in store. True, it might be filled with flying cars and robots but it might also be a nuclear wasteland. 

• Brohoof 2

35 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Well, I would want to live in the past, I think the 1920's would have been a great time to be alive. The economy was great, life was fast paced, new things were being invented left and right, grand parties were being thrown, it was truly the golden decade of the the last century :D

Some of those inventions make me feel extra proud to be Scottish

(LIKE THE TV)

Past : no phones, no internet, and wars

Present : is the best cuz the technology is quite advanced

Future : I'm afraid that AI will take over :sealed:

3 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

And World War 1 and 2

"We have no past, no present, no future. We live in the moment." - Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid

I voted None. I have a different idea of time than many, and feel we were just meant to live in the moment we were born to live in.

Probably the present of future. The present isn't too bad right and the future would be interesting.

The past, for sure. My childhood was awesome (especially compared to when I hit puberty and got into my teen years). I had so much fun, and it was such a carefree time. I was always happy. So yeah, past! :squee:

Hell no I'm not reliving the past plus I'm doing alright at the moment and as the future I might end up in the same trace as I am right now. So...don't care(?)

I'd want to live in the future to see all the amazing technology! :twi:

Preferably at a time where we've discovered aliens, space travel isn't as hard and is even somewhat commercial, and I have my very own Cogsworth in my house

(edited)

As much as I would be interested in seeing the future, I'd still choose the past. If I go back in time I'd already know what to expect and wouldn't be disappointed. I could pick and choose the exact date and time to suit my interests. The future, which used to be a source of hope and inspiration, will probably decay into something I no longer feel hopeful about. Flying cars, Utopian cities and unimaginable discoveries will likely be sidelined by mere variations on today's phones and computers, which despite their bells and whistles, do little to interest me. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

• 3 months later...

According to my recurring nightmares, the future is rather dystopian if you're the type that loves astronomy or rural life in general. The skyglow from the cities is insanely brighter and the suburbs have taken over rural areas, essentially destroying the once beautiful skies with nasty light pollution. :(

I'll stick with the present. It's a nice balance of sweet camera technology for astronomy and there are still plenty of dark skies available.