Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What are you doing this summer?

Lucid_Nightlight

I’d like to spend more time outside. Play tennis, hike, bike, etc. I also want to hang with friends more often, because why not?

Other than that, not much. I’m more of an introverted indoor person, plus it’s going to be really hot this summer. So... air conditioning in the indoors while playing video games and watching Netflix sounds great to me!

Other than continue to lose weight, I'll be selling my cards on my eBay channel and on Trade Cards Online this summer.

Swimming..Although I prefer indoor swimming. but overall, summer isn't really for me.

(edited)

I live on the other side of the world, so summer doesn't start until December. Probably won't be doing to much, to be perfectly honest.

Edited by Cash_In

Eeeenope. Never really did anything over the summer and probably never will, but I’ll probably spend most of it biking and swimming at the lake. Reading, writing, running, drawing, listening to music, making music...nothing interesting but it’s special. Heh. To me. :kindness:

I took my summer vacation in May this year, and went to Disney World. The rest of the summer is the busy season at work for me (which is why I took my vacation when I did) so that's what I'll be doing the rest of the way. Any free time will be spent on local attractions, of which there are many in Southern California. B)

I'm going to try to sneak into every paid entertainment venue within 50 miles of where I live. I can afford to pay my way in, but that would take all the fun and challenge out of it. 

In contrast to last year (where I made holidays on the north sea) I don't go anywhere this summer. Not because I don't want to, but I don't have the money for a trip. That means that I have to pass timne here in my region of the Rhineland. Maybe I will go hiking and do other day activities.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
16 hours ago, Narcissus said:

I'm going to try to sneak into every paid entertainment venue within 50 miles of where I live. I can afford to pay my way in, but that would take all the fun and challenge out of it. 

I'm usually not one to judge, but isn't that to a slightly lesser degree the equivalent of pirating movies? You aren't paying for that product, therefore the revenue is not received. That revenue fuels more entertainment, pays the actors you love, and keeps the industry alive. While we aren't always happy with what Hollywood produces, it certainly can put in a dent overtime with increased activities such as this.
It's like how the Anime industry was hurting because people were just downloading illegally episodes and fan-scans of mangas. The creators of these, especially the Mangaka (manga artists/writers) were not receiving the money for their hard work, therefore suffered financially. In fact, Tite Kubo, the creator of Bleach, had an announcement some years ago that he feared he couldn't finish his Bleach series because he was too strapped financially. No one was buying his work anymore, they were pirating it. This began a whole new movement, thus things like CrunchyRoll happened that partnered up with many companies over in Japan where you pay a subscription fee for access to some of these things. 
Do as you will, but just remember, that artists need to eat too. 

Edited by King Blanketfort

(edited)
1 hour ago, King Blanketfort said:

I'm usually not one to judge, but isn't that to a slightly lesser degree the equivalent of pirating movies? You aren't paying for that product, therefore the revenue is not received. That revenue fuels more entertainment, pays the actors you love, and keeps the industry alive. While we aren't always happy with what Hollywood produces, it certainly can put in a dent overtime with increased activities such as this.
It's like how the Anime industry was hurting because people were just downloading illegally episodes and fan-scans of mangas. The creators of these, especially the Mangaka (manga artists/writers) were not receiving the money for their hard work, therefore suffered financially. In fact, Tite Kubo, the creator of Bleach, had an announcement some years ago that he feared he couldn't finish his Bleach series because he was too strapped financially. No one was buying his work anymore, they were pirating it. This began a whole new movement, thus things like CrunchyRoll happened that partnered up with many companies over in Japan where you pay a subscription fee for access to some of these things. 
Do as you will, but just remember, that artists need to eat too. 

It's the same as pirating movies IF I intended to pay to go to these places to begin with. I wouldn't go to them if that was the case, so no money lost. 

Hollywood, actors and artists of the industry make an insanely disproportionate salary for the services they provide and I'm not even remotely concerned they're going to go bankrupt and have to abandon their opulent lifestyles to make ends meet. If they didn't overcharge for their goods and services they wouldn't have to worry so much about people pirating their work. Keep it fair and others will respond in kind. Those who claim they cannot continue their work for lack of funds need to come back to the real world and remember what money is truly worth. Many manga artists make from $40 to $100 per page for their work, and if they can't charge a reasonable rate then I have no sympathy for their so-called plight. 

Artists need to eat, but it doesn't have to be a banquet every night while the rest of us fight over the scraps. 

Edited by Narcissus

Well, not really a whole lot, though I will be leaving on July 2nd for Illinois to visit family friends and to see my best friend whom I haven't seen in over a year, so that'll be a lot of fun :fluttershy:

I'll probably pop down to my grandparents house a few times this summer too, they don't live too far from me ;)

(edited)

Doing the same thing I've been doing the last 7 summers. And every other time of year.

Working. Because I'm a boring adult.

Edited by Celli