Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What are you doing this summer?

Lucid_Nightlight

Im actually in a car right now, going from Virginia to Niagara Falls.....actually planned to spend my summer in my air conditioned house in Minnesota but I guess this is fine:catface:

17 hours ago, Narcissus said:

It's the same as pirating movies IF I intended to pay to go to these places to begin with. I wouldn't go to them if that was the case, so no money lost. 

Hollywood, actors and artists of the industry make an insanely disproportionate salary for the services they provide and I'm not even remotely concerned they're going to go bankrupt and have to abandon their opulent lifestyles to make ends meet. If they didn't overcharge for their goods and services they wouldn't have to worry so much about people pirating their work. Keep it fair and others will respond in kind. Those who claim they cannot continue their work for lack of funds need to come back to the real world and remember what money is truly worth. Many manga artists make from $40 to $100 per page for their work, and if they can't charge a reasonable rate then I have no sympathy for their so-called plight. 

Artists need to eat, but it doesn't have to be a banquet every night while the rest of us fight over the scraps. 

I suppose I can agree with the Hollywood aspect of that, certainly. That we can see eye to eye on. I though am still on my stance with Manga artists though, and I highly doubt that will change. If they indeed get that much per page, then we actually come out decently cheap with Mangas having more pages than a usual american comic, at only 10 bucks a book. It seems decently fair to me. But I've been in the art selling game, and in the Manga buying hub for a while, so I'm used to the price I suppose.

i'll be helping my grandpa for a week or two,he's turning 89 soon and still has a goat herd(around 10 to 15) and a big veggie garden,luckily he lives near the beach so i won't miss out on that either

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I’ll most likely be working this summer, and then spending the weekends off with family/friends at the beach or anywhere else fun. So, busy summer coming up here for me. :-D

• Brohoof 1

Gunna have as much fun as possible. I left the worse job from hell back in October, suffered through a horrid winter, and now I'm ready to finally start living again.

• Brohoof 1

Probably get a job and go to Brony Con if I can save up money fast enough. Other than that, probably just video games and writing. Maybe I'll even hang out with my old friend once I'm back home and he has time off from his two jobs.

• Brohoof 1

What will I do this summer? I will try to get a job for the semester break. I need that money. I also will make a lot of exams and an excursion to the austrian alps.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't know what I'll be doing all summer, besides working. I took a mini-vacay in February but I'm always hoping to travel more by the end of the summer. I'm saving up my money and we'll see how it goes. 

• 1 month later...

I will be working and sitting at home in the air conditioning on my days off.

• Brohoof 1

I'm working full time at a fast food place in town. Not my ideal job in between semesters but it actually pays better than average for something that's normally minimum wage. It's hectic but I'll take it.

Well..... Other than you know work my normal shifts overnight, I have a couple things I will end up doing.

Moving, Is the big thing. In August I am moving away from overdangcrowded Colorado to Texas, and that will be a fun venture, got a lot of stuff to move and a wallet to empty out when we do so. And before then we have to take a trip to find places to live down there as well.

Other than those fun things I also plan to go do some things as it's the last summer I will be living here. So a few trails and what not to do in the mountains before moving out.

So nothing terribly special, and not much I can do entirely as an overnighter.

I'm leaving the country for the first time (with the exception of Spain for around 5 hours) and visiting my S.O. in his country :3

Other than that, I suppose I'm going to try to work on some weekends to save up some money, do volunteer work and other things I typically do when I'm free from uni.

If it's anything like last summer, then I'll probably be sweating and wishing for the day that I can get away with wearing summer dresses. :P

Right now I'm still trapped in "wolf boy" form and nobody would want to see that in a dress. :unamused:

• 1 year later...

Melting! 2018 was the hottest summer I have ever endured. Also, it was the summer where I first came up with my OC Splashee's idea. The idea was not the same as design, that came up later, and same for the name.

• 7 months later...

Well this summer I'm going to Georgia to hang out with some friends, other than that idk, since there's still a pandemic atm.

May just be boring like last summer. ;;-;