Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the loudest thing you have slept through?

Reecejackox

A house that caught fire a block from my place,   it had the full on firetruck and cops and everything.     It woke everyone else up in 3 blocks but it seems me.  

Like many here, I slept through thunderstorms. Though there was a thunderclap so loud that it became part of my dream. I was a butler, and I took the silver platter I had and hit my charge over the skull with it, and the sound went KA-BOOM! And I thought "I didn't hit him that hard, did I?" 

Bonus fact: I slept through my brother jumping up and down on my bed. Though I did dream I was on a trampoline. 

Parents didn't realize the hotel we were staying at (luckily for one night) was located right next to a major train station. All night long you would hear train whistles and the building would rattle a bit. That was rough to sleep through.

(edited)

Gunfire. I was sleeping at the gun range with my earplugs on while people near me were shooting rifles. My dad was busy zeroing out his rifle and I got tired of waiting in the benches. I didn’t sleep that much for the day so I just lightly dozed off.

Edited by Anneal

I slept through half of hurricane Irma. Which, I should remind you was VERY loud. But other than that, I'm a light sleeper. I could wake up at the sound of a pin dropping. 

• 3 months later...

Really loud rap music when I was spending the night at my aunt's place. The windows rattled at like 2am. I didn't sleep well that night.

Thankfully, it's quiet where I live. Just the sound of crickets, owls, and the occasional coyote.

• 3 weeks later...

During the summer my neighbors play incredibly loud party and Indian music...like wall shaking cannot hear each other talking inside levels of loud. You can hear it several blocks away loud. The cops come maybe if you complain enough...then they quiet down for 10 minutes before blasting it again.

• Brohoof 1

I think I slept through a crazy thunderstorm while camping once. I came out of my tent in the morning to find everything wet and everyone talking about a huge thunderstorm that had flooded tents and even had some funnel clouds not too far away. I didn't remember a thing about it. ^_^