Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Good King

AnonyPoni

(edited)

"Umm...I guess... But isn't Equestria about acceptance, friendship, and putting grudges behind us? I mean, You were able to do it with the other tribes."

Edited by Anony-Brony

Indigo chose this moment to speak up. "What milord wants to say is, well, our ponies are just as angry as yours are. But our government doesn't want that anymore. We're tired of fighting, of living this 'us vs. them' mentality that's been killing us for the last century."

(edited)

"Yes. And look, you're joining in with Earth Ponies and the Unicorns! There have been the same problems between them and the Pegasi, yet your willing to rebuild society with them. Why should we be left out?"

Edited by Anony-Brony

Storm thought about this. "I guess you're right," she said slowly. She brightened up. "You're right!" She bounced up and down, returning instantly to her usual bubbly self. "I don't know what all the other ponies will say though," she said, but decided not to worry about it.

((OOC: Sorry about the drastic change of mind, but it's kind of in her personality ^_^))

(edited)

"Wait, That's it? You're not going to consult- OW!"

Indigo gave him a swift kick in the ribs. telling him to shut up. Despite the fact that he was only the Archon's ancient, he still gave Sule a piece of his mind at times.

"Uhh.. I mean... thats great!" Sule said, "Why don't you stay at the castle tonight before going off to Cloudsdale. I understand that it will be hard for you to fly all the way back at night."

Just then, there was a loud explosion outside the castle.

(We needed to move the plot in a different direction)

Edited by Anony-Brony

"Wait, That's it? You're not going to consult- OW!"

Indigo gave him a swift kick in the ribs. telling him to shut up. Despite the fact that he was only the Archon's ancient, he still gave Sule a piece of his mind at times.

"Uhh.. I mean... thats great!" Sule said, "Why don't you stay at the castle tonight before going off to Cloudsdale. I understand that it will be hard for you to fly all the way back at night."

Just then, there was a loud explosion outside the castle.

(We needed to move the plot in a different direction)

Storm turned around. "Was that meant to happen?" she asked perkily.

Indigo jumped to his hooves. "No, that wasn't." Indigo nodded at Storm and the Archon, before turning to a couple of guards in the room, "You two, stay with the Archon and the ambassador" Indigo ordered before rushing out of the room.

"Stay with the ambassador, get her somewhere safe!" Said Sule to the guards. He ran after Indigo. He needed to see what was going on.

They got to the balcony in the king's chambers, where they could see what was going on. They saw another group of protesters, accept this time they were acting like a organized army. They were throwing spears, dropping bombs, and shooting arrows at the guard, who were again outnumbered. at least 3 were killed in the original explosion.

"That's not fair!" Storm Comet said, running after Sule. She definitely didn't like being left out of things. Hovering behind a tall pillar, Storm watched as the group of protesters attempted to destroy everything. Very confused, she waited to see what Indigo and Sule would do, and maybe -think of something herself.

"Oh for the love of-DAMN IT! We're under attack!" Indigo bellowed down the hall to any guard who may be in earshot on the upper floor, before turning to Sule "Sire, you heard me. Get to safety!"

Indigo pulled his spear out of its notch on the spine of his armor, and flew down over the grouped rebels.

(edited)

Sule knew he couldn't go down there in the battle. He was an inventor, not a soldier.

"Wait a minute!" Sule thought. There was something he had that the rioters wanted.

He started to run down the hall, and crashed into the Storm.

"What are you...Where are the...Why are you...Oh, never mind, just come with me!"

Sule and Storm ran down to the castle stairs. They eventually just started to fly down the flights of stairs. They finally go to the bottom level...The Dungeon. Sule had freed all the dungeon prisoners when he became Archon, some of them were down here for decades. Now there was only one prisoner.

The Old King.

His eternal prison was behind many locked doors. They weren't opened by keys though. They had a thing he invented that required certain order of number to be inputed in. Only he knew them.

(yes, Sule invented the combination lock, too)

Finally, he go through. He pulled out the smoky crystal ball. He took a good look into it. Suddenly a face formed form the smoke in it.

"HA HA HA HA!" Laughed the evil voice, "Why, if it isn't my successor, Sule? How's kingly-ship treating you?" He took a look at Storm Comet, "Obviously well. Hello, I'm a head in an orb, I am charmed to meet you. Ah, you're a Pegasus, I fancy those...."

"Ahem!" said Sule

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about our distinguished guest! What brings you to me... Humble abode?"

"Leverage"

Edited by Anony-Brony

midnight heard a rumble of some sort, shouts echoed from the castlle, and it shook him out of the trance the locket had put him in, he donned his armor and grabbed his sword and bow, pushing into the main hall, rousing the other instructors, then waking the senior recruits in less then five minutes.

he marched up and down the hall, making sure each recruit was properly dressed and armed, he sighed, then looked at each of them, "minimal force, even if they have weapons......you have armor, use it to the best of your ability, everypony grab a bottle of the spray on your way out."

in 5 minutes each recruit was armed with bottles of this pepper spray stuff, and midnight nodded, "alright, i know its not the way ive taught you, BUT, if your life is in jeprody, then use whatever force nessicary, otherwise, the king and ambassadors need protection."

he spread his wings, "move to the castle, MOVE, MOVE."

he smiled, he had trained his recruits well, as each landed at the castle and pushed their way inside setting up in the halls effectively blocking the way, midnight on the other hand looked for the king and ambassadors, but instead found indigo.

"indigo..." he frowned then turned as the civilians tried pushing their way past but instead got facefuls of pepper spray, he then turned back, "wheres the king, and ambassadors, are they alright?"

• Brohoof 1

Storm followed Sule through many doors, and watched him do the locks. She wanted to ask him about them, but decided to wait.

When they finally got there, she looked at the glowing orb.

Storm blinked at the face. "Why is your head in an orb?" she asked curiously.

(edited)

"Excuse me?" said the old king, "If you must know, I am King Tyrannus, ruler, er, former ruler of the Malumai. this little orb is but my small eternal prison that Sule so graciously made for me."

"AHEM!" Sule repeated. It was hard to believe this pony was a ruthless king, but he was.

"There is a group of rebels trying to storm the castle." said Sule

"Ahh...Rebels. Somethings never change. You hear that Missy?"

Sule looked at Storm, who had a wierd look that he couldn't decipher as disgust, fear, or her usual bubblyness.

"Sorry about him, Storm. He alway thought he was smooth or something."

"When you've trapped in a prison this size, the first mare you see is so beautiful."

Again, that look on Storm's face.

"Ok, time to make you catapult fodder." Sule said

"What?"

"You heard me, that's your new job"

"You can't kill me! You won't! That's why you put me here in the first place!"

"Try me"

Edited by Anony-Brony

Indigo bashed a rebel away with his shield. "Yeah, they're still inside."

As if on cue, a number of the rebels took off into the air and started buzzing around the castle walls, trying to get in through the windows. "Oh, son of a-" Indigo swore, before taking off into the air

Sule and Storm heard a loud boom in the distance.

"They must be trying to break down the castle walls!" said Sule.

He and Storm flew up to the main floor of the castle. The walls were buckling and crack were appearing. They go larger with every blow.

"Get to safety!" He yelled at Storm.

He flew up to the castle walls, were the Guards were valiantly fighting the Rebels. He kept flying up until he was high enough so everypony could see him.

"EVERYPONY, STOP!!!" yelled Sule at the top of lungs. He held up the orb "YOU WANT THE OLD KING, WELL HERE HE IS! IF I DROP HIM, HIS SOUL WILL BE GONE FOREVER!"

Suddeny, the rebels began to stop. They had no idea what to do. Then Sule saw some Rebels fly up to catch him.

"Catch me if you can!"

Indigo looked up at Sule, wondering what the hell he was doing, before he suddenly noticed something: all the rebels had stopped, almost in unison, and was looking up at the Archon with blank stares, as if they were zombies. 'What the? There is no way this can be natural...

Suddenly, all the rebels returned to their regular expressions and the battle resumed, with this time a number of the rebels gave chase after Sule. Indigo quickly readied his spear and flew off after them.

• Brohoof 1

midnight had caught himself staring at the orb as well, but he shook his head and rubbed his temple before wacking one of the rebels across the temple, his spray was out, so he would just have to knock the ponies out.

he frowned, his recruits were trained to fight not really defend, but he had to think of some way to get the few rebels that were still attacking either knocked out, or get them to retreat, he looked around for something, then smiled, he turned to his men, "keep your shields up and move back."

the recruit blinked, "r-retreat? w-why?"

midnight smiled, "its not retreating, retreating is orginized chaos," he grinned " sometimes we have to give a little, to gain alot."

the recruit nodded and the group started to back up,

"just a little more......a few more inches."

he smiled and jabbed the expertly hidden trap button on the wall, the rebels falling into a pit,and a iron grate flying up blocking off that hallway, midnight smiled, it would keep the rebels at bay in this hall for the moment.

"jule i leave you in charge."

midnight moved into a room that connected to the other hall, hoping his men on this side hadnt been overrun, but the locket around his neck, that he forgot about in the mayhem started to glow, he scratched at his ears with his hoof, was he hearing things? he could hear shiri, what was she doing here?

"still defending the castle?" she taunted "hmm, just like a soldier, but then again, you arent just a soldier, your a general," midnight tried to move, but he was rooted to the spot, shutting his eyes he tried harder "your MY general now."

midnight opened his eyes, they were glowing a faint green, walking out into the hallway, his men were knocked out, at least he could take heart in the fact his men werent killed, as the rebel, who he assumed was this groups leader approached him, "you know this castle better then any of us," he smirked

• Brohoof 1

Sule flew down really fast to escape the rebels, but he wasn't the greatest flier. After going though twists and turns he was exasuted. the rebels kept on following him, no sign of exhaustion. It was 5 pm, and Sule was beginning to feel sleepyness kick in.

Just as he was about to be caught, Indigo swooped in and stabbed one of the rebels. The pony screeched in pain, yet some how kept flying on.

Sule threw the Orb to Indigo (he was a way faster flier) and the rebels started to follow him.

Now Sule needed to find Storm comet, if she was still alive

(edited)

midnight groaned, his head hurt, but the hall was empty, it was just him, he stood up and woke the recruits, then followed the hallway, noticing a commotion outside, he noticed indigo being chased yelling something about....fruit? he turned to the recruits and nodded "go,"

the recruits nodded and flew up to engage the rebels chasing indigo, while midnight rubbed his aching forehead and went to find sule.

"damn...." shiri hit her hoof against the ground, "hes more resistant then i thought, only a few minutes at a time, no matter, he will be under my full influince soon enough."

she smirked, "soon, you wont even know what your doing anymore."

midnight rounded the corner and ran into Sule, after calming his heart, he sighed, "sire, are you alright?"

Edited by Midnight Moon

Indigo flew, after depositing Tyrannus in his bag. He turned to look behind him to find that most of his pursuers have been blocked by Midnight's troops, leaving only two rebels chasing after him. Indigo flew straight for a little while longer, before suddenly stopping, turning, and raising his shield in a moment's time, causing one of the pursuer's to collide head-first with Indigo's shield and the other to fly past him.

Indigo turned to see the last pursuer turn and fly back towards him, so Indigo dropped into free-fall. As the pursuer barreled after him, Indigo waited until he was close to the ground before he stretched his wings, caught a draft of air, and took off forward. The rebel, traveling thrice as fast to catch up to Indigo, was unable to compensate and crashed into the ground.

Indigo looked behind him, "Hah! That's what you get when you try to step up to a trained-" Indigo couldn't finish his sentence as he suddenly collided with a lantern post.

• Brohoof 2

"I'm fine" Said Sule to Midnight. "Where is Storm?"

Midnight had a blank, glazed look in his eyes.

"You know, the Pegasi ambassador? Have you seen her?"

Midnight still had that look.

"Ummm... ok then, I'll keep searching."

Just then Midnight took a swing at him. Sule barely dodged it.

"Whoa, Midnight, I know you don't like Pegasi, but..." Sule took a hit in the ribs. Sule collapsed on the ground.

"Dangit, it still hurts from when Indigo hit me"

Midnight stood over Sule, holding a spear. He was ready to finish him. His eyes glowed a faint, evil green.

"No, Midnight!"

Just then, Midnight's eyes went back to normal.

midnight blinked, "nng......what...the..." his eyes widened, "s-sire.....i-i....." he dropped the spear and backed away, "im sorry....."he shook his head, "damnit im in way over my head."

he shook his head, "the ambassdor is down that way, i think shes in one of the state rooms....forgive me....sule.." he shook his head "g-go,"

shiri smirked, midnight was a strong willed malumai, one of the strongest she had encountered, probibly came from being a general, but she knew, even he had his limits, she couldnt manipulate him enough to kill the king now, but this could work to her advantage.

as sule left, midnight himself just rested against the wall, the battle was winding down, and midnight was very confused and shaken, what had shiri done to him?

----------------------------------------------------------

One one of midngihts recruits approached sule and saluted, "sire, the rebels have been pushed back, and we are pleased to report there have been no major casualties on either side, just alot of unconsious and a few wounded."

• Brohoof 1

Storm Comet was really confused. She had flown away and watched the protesters, wanting to help, but deciding she was probably more harm than good in this case. Storm decided to do something, and find Sule. She flew through various corridors, before turning through one and finding him there. Thankful to see somebody on her side, she floated to the ground and said cheerfully "I'm back!"

Indigo trotted into the hall and intercepted Midnight. "Moon." Indigo half-growled. "Where's the Archon. Did he make it back all right?"