Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's the scariest game/series you've played?

Dashy 4 Ever

(edited)

Well I played some nice samples of genre which are not Sitting In The Dark Room simulators but actually cool cation games.

"F.E.A.R." series is awesome scary. I mean it's awesome and scary ^-^ It's about SWAT vs paranormal stuff

"Call of Chtulhu" is really nightmare if you're familiar with classic horror books of Lovecraft (unlike Warcraft it's really scary ^o^) It's a bit old though

Edited by sprinkle nostrils

Sonic EXE im rlly fine of playing cause i rlly like scary games :pinkie:

Just now, CherryAcorn said:

Sonic EXE im rlly fine of playing cause i rlly like scary games :pinkie:

but, idk, its cause of some ummm °////° things i've suffering since im a child

I avoid scary games and scary anything because I just don't enjoy that feeling at all. The scariest games I will touch are Zelda games, and it took a lot for me to even get to the point where I could play them. To say the least, I am very pleased with the direction of the series post-TP where we no longer really have creepy dungeons. Breath of the Wild was thrilling, but only because it felt like I was constantly in real danger, not because of creepy zombie/mummy creatures.

for me its hard to say as i play all sorts of horror games... the least scariest for me is FNAF series as its just cheap jumpscares and thats basically it. The scariest... now thats hard to pick as there are many many horror games ive played over the years.... but if i had to pick? Hmmm Clive Barkers Undying. Its a pc game that has you searching for clues how to rid yourself of your best friends curse and later down the road you find out more and more stuff thats going on thats pretty messed up.

(edited)

Amnesia the Dark Descent. FNAF is not scary. It's just a collection of jumpscares and is good for a few scares, and then the feeling goes away. Amnesia is full of psychological horror, lots of buildup, and just a good sense of fear. The best fear is fear of the unknown. It doesn't throw random things at you for a cheap scare, it's terrifying and it's great.

Edited by Celli

I've played quite a few horror games, but I dunno. Dead Space series is pretty scary at times, but once you realize what to expect it feels like it slowly turns into an action game rather than a horror. Five Nights at Freddy's is another one I've played, but after awhile it becomes more frustrating rather than scary.

So what do I consider a scary horror game? Either one that build tension and doesn't rely on jump scares... sadly I've not played anything like that.  Or one that has you being hunted with little to nothing to protect yourself. Amnesia is a good example because of its physiological horrors, and unkillable monsters. Then there are games that take it a step further and give control of the monster to humans. White Noise 2 is a really good example of scary multiplayer horror game. Sometimes you'll be wandering the halls in a group, all the sudden you get separated and you're alone in the dark as you hear the monster creeping up and your flashlight begins to die... damn now I wanna play some White Noise 2.

Also as a side note, put any horror game in VR... and it becomes the most terrifying experience in gaming.

There's this pony fan game

It's so scary that as soon as that thing appeared, went like NOPE NOPE NOOOOOOOOPE, and quited the game immediately :sealed:. For real, that's some scary shit. that's why I call that thing "Mr NOPE"

(edited)

cupcakes pinkamena games, omg that stuff creeps me out, and im like OMG DASHIE U DEAD!!!! 

My Post.jpg

Nerd girls are cute girls

Edited by dream_star1235

7 minutes ago, dream_star1235 said:

cupcakes pinkamena games, omg that stuff creeps me out, and im like OMG DASHIE U DEAD!!!! 

My Post.jpg

Nerd girls are cute girls

latest?cb=20171230141643

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

latest?cb=20171230141643

oh no, now im gonna have nightmares thanks to you....

You probably have nightmares about this........ 

download (4).jpeg

Edited by dream_star1235

• 3 weeks later...