Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's the scariest game/series you've played?

Dashy 4 Ever

Silent Hill 2 is scary, Silent Hill 4 was also quite creepy, but the one that is the scariest for me is probably the first Manhunt, when played with an Xbox headset. Using that, the director, Starkweather, is literally talking in your ear while he orders you to murder the gang members, and you can use the mic to attract the hunters to you...and you have to be careful not to do it accidentally. Nothing's quite so tense as hiding in the shadows while two masked madmen with sickles are standing almost on top of you.

I'm not rightly sure. I played hundreds of games, scary or no. I would have to do some deep mind digging to find out, but off the top of my head, maybe?

Probably this really awesome game on either the original PlayStation or PS2. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but it was basically where you were on an alien planet with one of your friends, and he ends up turning into an alien himself and you have to fight him as either a final boss or one of the harder bosses, I can't remember.

I couldn't tell you the many scary things about it, seeingas again, I don't remember, but it was quite scary fighting all the aliens. They were like the Xenomorphs, in the sense of the Face-Huggers at least. They'd take over their host and make them grow deformities and such, so it was pretty creepy and terrifying for my 3 to 5 year old mind.

Another one that could take that spot was a game with the same concept with the alien/zombies on a boat on PS2. It was like RE, but more horror than recent Resident Evil games. Think of RE2, just not as good. (I love Resident Evil, so no other game would beat that :please:)

• 1 year later...

Anything that incorporates jumpscares at a method of scaring the player. I don't play these types of games, though I've watched others play them.

• 3 weeks later...

Cry of Fear. Yes, it's a Half Life mod but it is just plain creepy and fucked up. If you don't have a strong stomach, don't play this like... ever. You'll never finish. In terms of execution, it's absolutely top notch. Everything about it just cements how downright creepy the experience is meant to be.

If it comes to actual games rather than mods, probably the first two Silent Hill games. I wasn't particularly scared but I was completely skeeved out by both of them. They were unsettling in all the right ways. Play them on a PS1. Do not play the remasters. The updated games are actually terrible compared to their early counterparts.