Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's is your life going so far?

Kevin Tang

5 hours ago, Nature Tune said:

That’s great :D I assume you’re doing better than last year, then?

I'm doing somewhat better. There are still many things from last year that haven't changed for me, which I would like to change, if that makes sense.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty content with my life, I'm not necessarily overjoyed with how things have turned out for me, but I know things could be a lot worse, so my life isn't really bad either. Having my friend irl and having my many friends and comrades on the forums here have helped make my life better, so that's another bright spot ^_^

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm not. In fact, I've considered suicide quite a bit over the past year of it. It's been very stagnant, and the past two years have been pretty tough. As of now, I haven't had AC in my house for most of the last two years. That alone is bad enough with the Texas heat getting the inside of my house above 90 in the middle of the day. As for being stagnant, I've gotten absolutely nowhere towards making a life for myself, and have been living with my dad (which has been a financial train wreck of a situation). I really have nothing to show for myself. It doesn't help I was an emotional train wreck to begin with.

Honestly, not really. I've been struggling with anxiety for the past few years and I keep setting up projects for myself that I end up having little motivation to do and end up forgetting about, and overall things have been pretty boring lately. Not to mention I'm just about to be finished with my junior year of high school, which stressed the hell out of me and pretty much drained all the energy I had, so that didn't really help.

I guess on the bright side, I'm having fun playing Overwatch and following shows like MLP, Steven Universe and Aggretsuko, plus I'm about to work my first time job in a few weeks and I'll be graduating next year, so maybe things will pick up, but so far 2015 was pretty much the last great year of my life.

Overall I'd say I'm quite happy. I have a lot of things that I'm extremely fortunate to be blessed with. I do tend to take some things for granted, which I try not to do, but I'm not perfect. There are things in my life that are changing; some for the better and some things that are just different. I'm trying to adjust to them all as best I can and see the good in all of it. Challenges are part of the human safari in this life and not always bad. Being stagnant is far worse. I admit there always seems to be something just over the horizon that I should be striving for, but I haven't yet identified it. I guess it's good to have one eye on the future and another on the present, as long as one doesn't distract too much from the other. I try to be happy with what I have and what I hope for, and it seems to work okay. 

• Brohoof 1

I have a stable income, a nice place for myself, a loving family and lots of friends.

Yes, I am pretty happy.

I'm not particularly happy or unhappy. I'm just somewhere in the middle. I take things as they come and make the best of them, or bitch incessantly until they get better. 

• 3 weeks later...

I can say I'm happy that - very much with the help of others, of course - I was able to pull myself out of my overnight job (which made me miserable) and return to school for what I love. But... *somberly looks away*

My life is better now than it was about fourteen years ago, and while it's not perfect, I can say that I am at least .. content.  I doubt I'll ever find true, prolonged happiness, so I'll take the small doses I get now and then.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, very much so. Basically the only thing that could be better is if I could make a living as a writer, and achieving that is my long term goal. Other than that, I have absolutely everything I could want or need.

• Brohoof 1

Yes I ought to be more thankful of the things I do have. I know things will pick up once I am able to find work again. I just need to keep focusing on bettering myself and everything else will fall in place as they will. 

Over coming mental barriers and such  will help to.

No. Not really. But, it ain't like my life is bad, it's really just me that makes it terrible and unbearable.
More specifically, my emotions.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not really, I hate the pace that it’s going and I wish I could start over. People I’ve met have made me a bit more cynical too.. I hope I can live faster than I age...

Edited by WWolf

Truthfully no, I'm not that happy with my life. I mean my life isn't bad in anyway but it's not really the life I want.

I'm way more of an introvert then I want to be. I'd much rather be more of an extrovert, spending time outside and hanging out with friends then what I do currently which is just hide in my room on my computer for pretty much 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I like staying in my room playing games and such but I'd much prefer to be more "active" and spend much more time outside with friends then spending 90% of my time basically doing nothing. There is also stuff such as anxiety and the multiple mistakes I've made over the years (That has lead to me losing some strong friendships) that make me dislike my life.

I often wish I could just start again. Be reborn as a completely different person, different country, different gender, different personality.

I'd say I'm content with my life so far. It's not perfect, but it has gotten a lot better over the years. And it could be a lot worse, so I'm thankful for the life I have now.