Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Steam Summer Sale starts today

MangoFoalix

The Steam summer sale starts today. Let's discuss what is going on and such. My opinion on this is that I heard the game sucks and that Steam's servers are currently dying from the traffic.

Don't hold your breath, the steam store servers are completely dead right now.

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Don't hold your breath, the steam store servers are completely dead right now.

Ah right, I forgot about that sale; now I know why pages refuse to load. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

The Steam summer sale starts today. Let's discuss what is going on and such. My opinion on this is that I heard the game sucks and that Steam's servers are currently dying from the traffic.

It happens every time there's a sale. As for me, I bought Bayonetta 1.

36 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

Not as keen on Steam as I use to be.  Nowadays, I prefer using GoG, mainly because they vet their content better than Steam does.

GoG is great but the library is like, 1/5th the size of steam's, and doesn't have some big titles on it like GTA and Dark Souls, otherwise I'd have switched. Steam isn't bad if you ignore all the chaff. If you're looking for new obscure games to buy, good luck. Otherwise just stick to looking at what's popular.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly for the first time... I'm not really excited for this... Valve's quality has been declining so much lately that it's hard to be excited for this.

16 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Honestly for the first time... I'm not really excited for this... Valve's quality has been declining so much lately that it's hard to be excited for this.

Yeah, they have but that doesn't stop me from buying more games and continuing to use steam, especially since I have 140 games anyway.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I like it when Steam does sales, but most of the game they have on there my laptop struggles to handle so I don't buy anything usually.

If its a non-gaming laptop then yes, laptops aren't very keen on PC gaming.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

If its a non-gaming laptop then yes, laptops aren't very keen on PC gaming.

Yes, it's a non-gaming laptop. However, it can still run up games that require up to 8gb RAM.

3 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Yes, it's a non-gaming laptop. However, it can still run up games that require up to 8gb RAM.

You're definitely going to need a new PC, preferably a gaming laptop, or a desktop if you're lucky. There are non-gaming desktops yes, though gaming PCs can run many games for you without problems.

• Brohoof 1

You could get a multimedia laptop with discrete graphics for a good price on eBay, amazon or newegg. Nvidia mx250/350 would ran most games at low or medium settings. I'm not from the US but that should be in the range of 600-700usd.