Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Koko the Gorilla has died

ManaMinori

While Harambe the Gorilla was a hot topic among the internet, no one (that I know of) is making a huge fuss and talking about Koko the gorilla passing away. This gorilla was an icon, and she died in her sleep- nothing noteworthy, I guess, because no OMGCONTROVERSY!!! But even so, this was a brilliant gorilla that was lost, as she was the first to learn sign language and communicate in many words in that language. The actor, Robin Williams played chase with her. There are many astonishing moments filed with and written about this wonderful female gorilla, yet so few people, now, are really being made aware of her departure from this world.

• Brohoof 2

Oh my gosh, I JUST watched a video on Koko the other day! :( 

Either way, that's sad to hear. She really did have an interesting story, it's definitely worth checking out if you've never heard of her.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

Oh my gosh, I JUST watched a video on Koko the other day! :( 

Either way, that's sad to hear. She really did have an interesting story, it's definitely worth checking out if you've never heard of her.

I always found the videos with her and her kitten so precious.

On 6/22/2018 at 2:59 AM, Harper said:

Thats a shame to hear Koko died, I loved the old videos with her and Robin Williams, she was a very intelligent creature and kind spirited :)    

indeed. Far more kind and compassionate than a lot of humans